• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thought you guys might like this here! My friend made me this out of nowhere after I mentioned that we were adding Geno hats to our avatars to, I quote, "do one better" and give "some Geno for Smash energy!"
And of course I had to set it as my avatar too (and yes, I got permission to post it here)

IMG_4379.jpg

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Hey guys! I'm about to get my camera and audio all setup for tomorrow to record my reaction before getting some decent sleep so I'm not blinking a ton throughout the entire thing like I did pretty hard with Terry. So, I want to leave you with two things, the latter of which I would love to hold onto until moments before the Smash Reveal but I cannot guarantee when I wake up and I want to have time to explain my thoughts just before the video goes live...soo, here they are now.

The first one is that I BEG OF YOU to record your reactions just on the off chance the show goes off the rails and Geno shows up. Now I understand none of us are really expecting him but even so, I'd rather have us be ready in case it does happen then miss out on the chance to have a once in a lifetime opportunity to record our genuine live reactions to Geno finally coming to Smash. I know some people may be nervous about the idea of recording themselves but hell, you don't even have to show your face if you don't want to. Just place and image or maybe just nothing but record your audio with a microphone.

I say this as someone who records and livestreams content on a toaster of a PC that still has Windows 7 and is over 15 years old with no hardware updates at all. Anyone at all can get OBS to download to their computer for free from the OBS site and very easily (even if you need a video guide or two) set it up to record your main audio and your microphone audio and to record what is currently displayed on your browser of choice. Don't waste this opportunity, especially when we've all talked about making a collab video of our reactions to send to Sakurai as a big thank you. I say this as someone who missed the cutoff for the book of wishes we sent to Nintendo...it really sucks to miss out on stuff like this.

Secondly, and I know this is gonna sound cheesy and maybe a bit bossy or telling you how to think or something like that, but I'm also begging you guys to be chill with whoever the last fighter is. This comes from someone who would actively take that stance even if it ends up being Tracer. I say this because the Smash fandom has devolved into an absolute horrid sludge in the very short time since the November Smash Direct of 2018. You remember when no one thought Smash was coming until THIS year or later? You remember how just the Inklings, a burning logo, some cool silhouettes, an unfinished titles and a release year drove us to the incredible levels of hype because there was NO WAY Smash was coming and now they pressed the button? Do you remember how everyone was just so goddamn happy when it was revealed that "Everyone Is Here!" and that we also got Daisy and Ridley and we figured that was ALL we were getting for new characters? Do you remember how we pretty much all agreed that the reveal of Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and that bombshell King K Rool made Ultimate the best Smash in existence?

I remember those days, and since then the Smash fandom have sunk to crazy lows about attacking character requests and tearing down each other and demanding more from Sakurai and his team after they delivered such an amazing game and EVEN AFTER JOKER, HERO, BANJO & KAZOOIE and TERRY BOGARD people just want more and more and more rather than being happy with what we've been given?

For the end of the Fighter's Pass with Fighter #5, regardless of who it is, I would love for us to be appreciative as much as possible that we even got all this extra content and that Ultimate even exists. It's fine to want more, but tomorrow as we see what could EASILY have been the last big content to ever hit Ultimate, let us be thankful that Sakurai, his team, and Nintendo have given us one of the best games ever made and that they have decided to listen offer more when they could have easily stopped. Let us just soak that in and let our appreciation be known tomorrow, regardless if the character we want gets in or we have to wait even longer.

It's been a long road that has been spent looking for what is to come without really looking to see where we've been or to appreciate where we currently are. You know, they say that the destination you desire to get to is not what matters most, but the journey you had on your way. Let us appreciate the Fighter's Pass journey tomorrow as it comes to it's end, then after we can look forward to our next journey on our way to wherever Sakurai's wild ride takes us next...
Truly the workings of a pragmatic man, here. I'll champion this mindset. Everyone should try and be excited as possible that Smash is still expanding and including new franchises/characters. Never forget that, what Geno could/would do for you, every character is doing that for somebody. Someone is going to take a win tomorrow, and with the right heads pace that's a win for everyone who loves the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What I’m getting at is the color of a background or artifact associates to each character and it the brown color points to Doomguy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Well, congratulations to...

@Glitch-EGamer
Malo Mart Malo Mart
MisterMike MisterMike
ActualGarbage ActualGarbage

surpise! You ALL win the "ok boomer" pass for all being the only ones to participate in my meaningless profile picture "race" you all probably forgot about...

Anyways, as a young zoomer, I now bestow upon you older folk the power to say "ok boomer;" whether it be to defend yourself, or shrug off someone, you must use it wisely. As I told OffBi OffBi , with this power comes great responsibility.

(:ultpacman:)

P.S.: Double congratulations to Malo Mart, your submission is my new profile picture!
Why, I'm flattered! Not only did my edit become your pfp, I'm also awarded the heralded "ok boomer" pass! I shall use it with care.

Props to ForsakenM ForsakenM for picking my edit as well. I appreciate it.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I won't be able to react live, as I'll be picking someone up from the airport at the time the stream happens; but I should be able to catch it on my phone at least

I'm putting my chips on Doomslayer because of Poster/Crop/Artifact theory. You can call it a reach if you wish, I'll admit it's a wild one; but I'm the one who made it popular and brought it into the conversation for both Team Geno and Team Slayer, so I'm making it the hill I'll die on

A captain must go down with his ship.

See you guys tomorrow

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wanna talk about the brown in that sakurai pic. That’s mostly the bottom of the poster for the dlc newcomers and as you can see there’s a tiny bit of white on his arm which is the logo on the bottom.
So the brown means nothing like it’s not for dohvahkin. Also it’s mostly black
View attachment 257874
@DrifloonEmpire
If I recall correctly, people were talking about bits of brown next to Sakurai outside of the poster, as well as a bit of green or something next to his head that seemed like it could’ve been something behind him they didn’t avoid cropping with him, like in the Terry and Banjo & Kazooie thumbnails.

Any multiple, random splotches of green tint on Sakurai and outside of him, though, is due to compression.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If I recall correctly, people were talking about bits of brown next to Sakurai outside of the poster, as well as a bit of green or something next to his head that seemed like it could’ve been something behind him they didn’t avoid cropping with him, like in the Terry and Banjo & Kazooie thumbnails.

Any multiple, random splotches of green tint on Sakurai and outside of him, though, is due to compression.
How do we explain how the colors matched with both the terry reveal and the banjo reveal then?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How do we explain how the colors matched with both the terry reveal and the banjo reveal then?
By green tint, I mean stuff that seems to be a bit faded into his actual color, editing the image making the splotches clearer. Whatever was next to his head, however, seemed to be different and was similar to those reveal’s thumbnails.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Did anyone see grumbo
NVM, I just found out why he isn't here.
He just left.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Personally, though I’m not quite rushing to put any money down on this guess or anything, only one character I can think of fits absolutely everything known so far considering the leaker deconfirns, the announcement pixels, and Zippo’s recent comments about Nintendo relevancy: Quote, from Cave Story.

A character with a green and grey color scheme that hasn’t been deconfirmed by leakers, and has quite a bit of Nintendo legacy as outside of the PC and homebrew releases, all ports of the game have only been on Nintendo systems.

Again, not entirely convinced of this myself, but considering what we know I could definitely see it happening.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Lets hope that Cacodemon costume shows up tomorrow, I have doubts though.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Right now, what's the concensus on who y'all think is gonna be fighter 5, if there is any? My mind says Arle or Dante, but my heart says Doomguy because that most likely damn near guarantees Geno. Aaaand because Doomguy is just badass in general. Though I'd be pretty happy with the other two.
While I don't think Salami and Vegetables would lie regarding their disconfirmed characters lists, I'm gonna have to go with my gut on this one: It's Doomguy. No one has been able to debunk the CacoMallow Post, and given that we were first shown it in early November I'd reckon if it is real that it'll come sooner rather than later. Plus, Artifact Theory seems pretty solid to me. The fact that we can see this same kind of effect on the other Sakurai cut-out images leaves little doubt in my mind that this isn't just some bad compression or a glitch.

And if this isn't Doomguy, then I have no idea who it could be at this point. I mean, it can't be Steve or Master Chief since we already have a Microsoft character and Steve doesn't fit with dark colors, it can't be Dante because of the green and because the news that dropped wasn't Smash related, it could be Dragonborn but their default outfits don't have green on them, so I'm doubtful.

One idea I've had is that that brown and green is actually for a stage's background rather than for a character, a dark stage with brown ground and dark green parts, possibly trees... forest trees...
Hmm...
GenoThinking.png

Anyways, that's who I'm going with. Don't really care if I'm wrong on this, at this point I just want to know who it is and what we're getting in terms of post-Fighter Pass DLC. I'm also hoping Geno's Mii Costume doesn't come back, but I really don't see that as likely, especially since Fatman's also pretty confident that it's not showing up.

Hey guys! I'm about to get my camera and audio all setup for tomorrow to record my reaction before getting some decent sleep so I'm not blinking a ton throughout the entire thing like I did pretty hard with Terry. So, I want to leave you with two things, the latter of which I would love to hold onto until moments before the Smash Reveal but I cannot guarantee when I wake up and I want to have time to explain my thoughts just before the video goes live...soo, here they are now.

The first one is that I BEG OF YOU to record your reactions just on the off chance the show goes off the rails and Geno shows up.
Way ahead of you. I've been doing that for a while now ever since the August 8th Direct, and I agree all of you guys should do it as well.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Y'know, the fact that we haven't even had anyone conclusively spill the beans on who fighter 5 is this far is hella impressive.

What's this, a Smash character reveal we didn't see coming from several miles away? Color me floored.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If Geno is revealed tomorrow I might cry...

But I dont even know the chances of that happening, I'm just hype to see the final character. I've only been interested in 1 character within this pack, I'm hoping for a good reveal.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
While I don't think Salami and Vegetables would lie regarding their disconfirmed characters lists, I'm gonna have to go with my gut on this one: It's Doomguy. No one has been able to debunk the CacoMallow Post, and given that we were first shown it in early November I'd reckon if it is real that it'll come sooner rather than later. Plus, Artifact Theory seems pretty solid to me. The fact that we can see this same kind of effect on the other Sakurai cut-out images leaves little doubt in my mind that this isn't just some bad compression or a glitch.

And if this isn't Doomguy, then I have no idea who it could be at this point. I mean, it can't be Steve or Master Chief since we already have a Microsoft character and Steve doesn't fit with dark colors, it can't be Dante because of the green and because the news that dropped wasn't Smash related, it could be Dragonborn but their default outfits don't have green on them, so I'm doubtful.

One idea I've had is that that brown and green is actually for a stage's background rather than for a character, a dark stage with brown ground and dark green parts, possibly trees... forest trees...
Hmm...
View attachment 257879

Anyways, that's who I'm going with. Don't really care if I'm wrong on this, at this point I just want to know who it is and what we're getting in terms of post-Fighter Pass DLC. I'm also hoping Geno's Mii Costume doesn't come back, but I really don't see that as likely, especially since Fatman's also pretty confident that it's not showing up.

Way ahead of you. I've been doing that for a while now ever since the August 8th Direct, and I agree all of you guys should do it as well.
Yeah, you know what? **** it, I'm going haywire with my Doomguy prediction too. I'm super skeptical about Sobble and Venomoth's words anyway, so
it doesn't matter to me. Artifact theory, for being the most odd and outlandish theory (that I should've participated in but didn't) I've seen in a while, does actually make perfect sense. And to avoid repeating what you already said, I can't really see it fitting anyone else but Doomguy, especially since he has a decent amount of stuff like Cacomallow going for him already.

I'm fully aware we may be wrong here, but I can't be bothered either. On top of me being just excited to be surprised by Sak for once and knowing more details on the future of DLC, I just like speculating for fun anyway.

One more thing though, I have to call you out on hoping Geno's Mii Costume won't be coming back. He'll be bundled with the actual Geno, dummy. :ultpacman:

D

Deleted member

I doubt it. the compression would mostly be in him. Not out it like outlines

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Heading to sleep. We will finally see who Fighter 5 is. As I said a while ago, I kind of the lost the ability to care who it is. However, I am excited to go in blind on this one!

Hype to your hearts content!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, last post before the presentation/moment of Truth tomorrow. I am going to watch it until I wake up to prepare for work later in the day. (Might watch it after waking and lurk while at work in the boards to see opinions about the reveal, always fun~)

Anyway, I believe it's going to be someone we don't expect but meaningful towards the series like the other characters have been in someway. (Ex. Terry and KOF towards Smash) Chances are, that's how is going to be. BUT in my heart I am full in hoping for Doomguy/Doom Slayer.

Crossing my fingers for that. Geno can arrive later of course but for now I am in support of my Hellish Boy.

Let's hope for the best and brace for anything, guys~!

:bowser::starman:.

D

Deleted member

Whatever happens tommorow I'm ready goodnight guys.

Hoping for someone good!

Bring them on!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Heading to sleep. We will finally see who Fighter 5 is. As I said a while ago, I kind of the lost the ability to care who it is. However, I am excited to go in blind on this one!

Hype to your hearts content!
Yeah, guess I'll hit the proverbial hay as well. To anyone who wants to help a brother out, if you don't see me posting before 5:45AM (PST) / 8:45AM (EST), send me the link to the presentation in a DM. If I miss it live, I'll be able to use that to download the presentation and avoid spoilers. Thanks, and here's hoping tomorrow goes well!
GenoSleep.png

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Unless anything happens, this will probably be my last post for tonight. I'm not sure if I'll be on tomorrow morning before the presentations because I may just try to avoid speculation a bit more before the presentation (my heart can't take much more). I hope we're in good spirits after the presentation tomorrow, no matter what it holds. I sadly won't be able to record my reactions for it though :/. Anyway, g'night and I'll see you doods tomorrow!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'm calling it quits for the night too. Tomorrow shall be a good day regardless of what happens, I'm sure. I'll see y'all once the presentation's done. And to quote PapaGenos, have a good one!

Yeah, guess I'll hit the proverbial hay as well. To anyone who wants to help a brother out, if you don't see me posting before 5:45AM (PST) / 8:45AM (EST), send me the link to the presentation in a DM. If I miss it live, I'll be able to use that to download the presentation and avoid spoilers. Thanks, and here's hoping tomorrow goes well!
View attachment 257895
Hmm, I plan to stay away from the thread once I wake up, but I reckon I can log in real quick just to give you the link. Good night!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hm, you know, while I can't really peg down one character for Fighter #5 (too many characters as likely)...

I will say, I've felt in my gut for a bit now that Doom Slayer makes a lot of sense in all honesty. It seems this sentiment has been echoed by some of my good friends in this thread. The only reason I am a little more hesitant is because, as Mike said, Salami and VeggieTales' insistence on no Doom Slayer makes me weary (especially if PapaGenos is confident in Salami's source). Yeah yeah, I know, their credibility is in the air, but still, with other characters seemingly likely as well, their insistence on no Doom just makes me tepid (including even Fatman's). Despite me never playing Doom, I'd love if the series got represented in Smash through a playable character! But regardless, I'm just ready to see what character Sakurai is gonna give us next! I'm sure the character is a labor of love, as always!

Regardless, I'm glad nothing has majorly leaked (seemingly). Sakurai hates leaks with a burning passion, so it is nice to go in with a good air of mysticism and surpise for once! I'm off to bed, but I'll see you Geno dudes and dudettes in the morning!

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Like anyone else I don't think that Sakurai's devkit meme pics that he posts daily on his twitter mean anything but simple references to some games (like how his yesterday-ish tweet of Megaman and Captain Falcon is a reference to MM3 ending). If something from these pics ends up giving a real hint then Sakurai is a madman.

Anyway I hope Doomguy gets in first and brings CacoMallow costumes with him, I'm tired of waiting.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Night everyone! See you guys after the presentation tomorrow morning :)

zzz

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Poking my head in before the Direct. I dont even care who it is now, I'm just ready to see post pass stuff and hopefully have some info to chew on while we wait. That and new amiibo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of Geno, I just beat his spirit battle in World of Light. That was notttttt easy.

...Sheik I admit is an odd choice. Like, Kirby being Mallow makes sense and all. But Sheik for Geno? Why not R.O.B.? Mii Gunner doesn't work with the costume not back, obviously. How about MegaMan even? Though I guess Sheik being a disguised character somewhat fits, mysterious and all.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Geno, I just beat his spirit battle in World of Light. That was notttttt easy.

...Sheik I admit is an odd choice. Like, Kirby being Mallow makes sense and all. But Sheik for Geno? Why not R.O.B.? Mii Gunner doesn't work with the costume not back, obviously. How about MegaMan even? Though I guess Sheik being a disguised character somewhat fits, mysterious and all.
I think it's less about the playstyle and more about the character. Sheik and Geno have a ton of similarities when it comes to their representation in their respective franchises. If you leave out Hyrule Warriors, for a long long time Sheik has only been in one Zelda game like Geno only appearing in SMRPG. Sheik was only in OOT before their inclusion into Melee. They're both side characters in the games they appear but are crucial to the games narratives and help out the protagonist. Obviously in different ways but Sheik was an invaluable ally to Link like how Geno was.

And relating to the playstyle, I think Sheiks neutral B is supposed to symbolize the pellet gun Geno has stashed in his arms. And maybe Geno will be a speedy character like Sheik. Idk, it all made sense to me when I first saw it.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I hope that, whatever happens tomorrow, it is a good pick that players are happy with.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

I always wondered why not Megaman

D

Deleted member

I always wondered why not Megaman
There's more to Geno than just having a gun arm. Like I said in my last post, Sheik and Geno have plenty of similarities and I'd argue that Geno has more in common with Sheik than Mega Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom