• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, PWNApplez, if he is the ambassador, should probably tell us all when the next Direct is before he gets fired.

Nah, not really. Just messing around there.

But seriously, if he was willing to take the risk, was it worth taking it to him?

If PWNApplez is The Source, then it would be uber ****ty for him as he'd retired from insider stuff only to get pulled back in, which is just awful.
I see what you mean. That would be awful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The thing is how do any of these ambassadors receive this information? I thought they just promote games and attend special events. Do ALL ambassadors receive this information?
I love how the main argument of the pro Spirit camp is “its just a PNG!!!!”

Well, it so happens that this “PNG” happens to affect the gameplay of this game. So I’d argue that it isn’t just a “PNG”.
Why does what the spirit does in the game relate to Geno's chances exactly?

T2by4

Smash Lord

Well, it so happens that this “PNG” happens to affect the gameplay of this game. So I’d argue that it isn’t just a “PNG”.
Im in that same camp. Hard to argue. However many others brought up good points like simply replacing the Geno spirit with something like SMRPG Gang and replacing the png with a png of the crew from the front cover with Geno and Mallow alongside them.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Im in that same camp. Hard to argue. However many others brought up good points like simply replacing the Geno spirit with something like SMRPG Gang and replacing the png with a png of the crew from the front cover with Geno and Mallow alongside them.

At that point, you might as well just wait and see.

But until I see evidence that proves otherwise, I’m firmly in the camp of Spirits, ATs, and Mii Costumes deconfirming.

T2by4

Smash Lord
At that point, you might as well just wait and see.

But until I see evidence that proves otherwise, I’m firmly in the camp of Spirits, ATs, and Mii Costumes deconfirming.
True. Im just not counting it out since they had to throw away an entire model in smash 4 and redo it. But yeah, it's entirely possible that may be the case, but im still gonna hold onto hope.

Also has anything from the pokemon direct leaked or do people just really not care enough to look? I haven't heard anything on it? Either that, or Gamefreak is really good at keeping things on lock.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
There is a lot to dissect here, but I’ll just go some of the points you have made.

-Chocobo is also missing a Mii Costume as well. I guess its a frontrunner for post pass too?
Is Chocobo a character that people really, really want to see playable in Smash? Bit of a false equivalency, if you ask me.
-Cacomallow has proven to be possible to fake.
And it's also been proven to be possibly real, since nobody has been able to accurately recreate them despite allegedly being "really easy" to recreate, so...
And even if it is real, it doesn’t guarantee a playable Doom Slayer or Geno
Sure, but for what reason would they ever decide to add a new hat to go alongside a returning costume? Wouldn't the returning Geno Costume be enough? And how come we have 2 potential rumors/leaks that mention/showcase a Mallow Hat, yet there's been nothing from anyone about the Geno Costume?
-If Sakurai really thought of Geno as a high priority to be playable, he wouldn’t have gotten a Spirit in the base game. He would be playable right now, instead of Hero.
He never said that Geno was high priority, where are you getting this from? When speaking of Geno, Sakurai mentioned that he thought the character would be a perfect fit for Smash, specifically mentioning his arm cannon, and that he's an incredibly popular request amongst older fans. I always hate it when people try to argue that Sakurai not including a character as a fighter in Smash means he either doesn't care for them or outright hates them. It's baseless, bull**** rationalization.

And I am sorry to say, but in my eyes, Spirits are a major strike against any possible DLC candidate.

You aren’t going to mention “Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies” are you? Because Spirit battles are completely different, in which they actually are elements in gameplay.

Until proven otherwise, I’m fully backing the notion that they are likely death sentences to the character in question.
Oh great, this again. Alright, it's time to put this terrible arguement in it's grave once and for all.
First off, there is nothing officially stating that a character being a spirit, an Assist Trophy, a boss, a Mii Figher Costume, or part of someone's moveset (a Final Smash, for example) cannot also be a fighter or anything else. While it is usually the case that characters who are designated as one of those are only used for that purpose, there is nothing set in stone that says they can't be anything else. After all, we have plenty of examples of this not being the case: Chrom is still part of Robin's Final Smash despite also being an Echo Fighter. King K. Rool, Isabelle, and Chrom are fighers despite having Mii Fighter Costumes still in the game. Rathalos is both a boss in World of Light and some character's Classic Mode playthroughs, as well as an Assist Trophy.

Second, Spirits aren't the literal soul of a character. There are spirits for yoga poses, for crying out loud! Y'know, abstract concepts that don't have a soul in any way, shape, or form? Do yoga poses have souls? Furthermore, there are three spirits for King K. Rool in different outfits. Are you telling me that they're three different characters? If different outfits/artwork is enough to be a different Spirit, couldn't they just use Geno's star form (titled ♥♪!?) as the basis for his Fighter Spirit instead? Or is that considered cheating?

Third, I don't know how long you've been around with regards to Smash speculation, but before Mewtwo and Lucas came back as DLC for Smash 4, A LOT of people considered trophies a death sentence for characters in the same way you and others consider spirits. Go back far enough, specifically around the release of Smash 4 on 3DS, and you'll find plenty of people who genuinely believed that a trophy meant no fighter. And to their credit, they kind of had a good reason to believe that.

In Melee, your fighter would start every fight as a trophy before losing the stand, in essence coming to life. In Brawl, a character's trophy was considered their body, and if they're touched by a living fighter while in their inert state, they would reawaken. While certain characters would be used for multiple trophies (Kirby for example used to have trophies showcasing all of his abilities, both from his home series and in Smash), it was generally accepted that these trophies were the characters souls, and since fighters have their own trophies, to already have a trophy in the game meant you couldn't also have a fighter trophy.

Spirits are much the same thing as trophies from prior Smash games. You may like to think they're different because of their whispy, ethereal design, but they're not different at all. So if trophies in Smash aren't considered enough to prevent a character from becoming a fighter, then spirits also aren't enough to prevent a character from becoming a fighter. And let's be real, do you really think Sakurai is going to not include a character because someone on the dev team had already included him as a goddamn PNG File? "Well I could include Geno as a DLC Fighter to please longtime fans, but the group of employees I got to work on the Spirits already used his PNG for a spirit, so I guess I can't do that. Too bad I don't have the authority to overrule their descision because I would've loved to include him, but oh well! better luck next time, I guess!"

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Second, Spirits aren't the literal soul of a character. There are spirits for yoga poses for crying out loud. Y'know, abstract concepts that don't have a soul in any way, shape, or form. Do yoga poses have souls? Furthermore, there are three spirits for King K. Rool in different outfits. Are you telling me that they're three different characters? If different outfits/artwork is enough to be a different Spirit, couldn't they just use Geno's star form (titled ♥♪!?) as the basis for his Fighter Spirit instead? Or is that considered cheating?
I don't even think they'd need to work this hard.

If Geno is made playable he's definitely going to get an updated render from SMRPG's art.
His fighter spirit will be his Smash Art and still be named Geno.

The current Geno spirit has two-decade+ old artwork on it will most likely look and function exactly the same.
If Geno is to become playable he'd look different enough that the spirit and the fighter can exist within the same space without it being weird.

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice

I haven't posted here in a while, but it's still silly to see the argument that Spirits deconfirm. Think about it. The "gameplay" you speak of happens to be incredibly easy to program in. After all, there are 1300+ Spirits now, with about 95% of them having Spirit Battles, and said attributes. Why would it be a huge fuss to make one of these 1300+ Spirits a character? Would the person who spent less than 5 minutes creating that one Spirit Battle get mad? Probably not, but who knows. So it's absurd to assume a single character can't be in Smash because they already have a Spirit that wasn't even a pain to make in the first place. And even if the character has a Spirit Battle already, would it really be that crazy to face said Spirit with the character that represented that Spirit now in the game? We've seen crazier things, like Robin summoning Chrom for his Final Smash to kill Chrom while Chrom also appears in Robin's victory screen with Chrom clapping for himself.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The thing is how do any of these ambassadors receive this information? I thought they just promote games and attend special events. Do ALL ambassadors receive this information?

Why does what the spirit does in the game relate to Geno's chances exactly?
Its not just that. Its also the fact that it got its own spot in WOL. And I’d argue that the Spirit wouldn’t even be there in the first place if he was seriously considered over Hero, or any other Square rep.

But here is the main reason why I am banking on Spirits deconfirming, even for post pass.

I remember the main argument when Spirits was first introduced was “they wouldn’t shoot down that many characters!”

Here is the thing though: a majority of the spirits have either been bottom of the barrel mooks in already represented series, or some of Nintendos smallest series they have (Rayman, Shantae, and Resident Evil being some exceptions).

And if DLC continues to go on this third party route? Especially if they still do Spirit boards?

It would make perfect sense on why they did that during the base game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its not just that. Its also the fact that it got its own spot in WOL. And I’d argue that the Spirit wouldn’t even be there in the first place if he was seriously considered over Hero, or any other Square rep.

But here is the main reason why I am banking on Spirits deconfirming, even for post pass.

I remember the main argument when Spirits was first introduced was “they wouldn’t shoot down that many characters!”

Here is the thing though a majority of the spirits have either been bottom of the barrel mooks in already represented series, or some of Nintendos smallest series they have (Rayman, Shantae, and Resident Evil being some exceptions).

And if DLC continues to go on this third party route? Especially if they still do Spirit boards?

But, who says characters CAN’T be added post pass. The whole point of spirits for base game was that these characters weren’t intended for characters in the fighter pass. But, that doesn’t mean they can’t be post pass dlc.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Is Chocobo a character that people really, really want to see playable in Smash? Bit of a false equivalency, if you ask me.

And it's also been proven to be possibly real, since nobody has been able to accurately recreate them despite allegedly being "really easy" to recreate, so...

Sure, but for what reason would they ever decide to add a new hat to go alongside a returning costume? Wouldn't the returning Geno Costume be enough? And how come we have 2 potential rumors/leaks that mention/showcase a Mallow Hat, yet there's been nothing from anyone about the Geno Costume?

He never said that Geno was high priority, where are you getting this from? When speaking of Geno, Sakurai mentioned that he thought the character would be a perfect fit for Smash, specifically mentioning his arm cannon, and that he's an incredibly popular request amongst older fans. I always hate it when people try to argue that Sakurai not including a character as a fighter in Smash means he either doesn't care for them or outright hates them. It's baseless, bull**** rationalization.

Oh great, this again. Alright, it's time to put this terrible arguement in it's grave once and for all.
First off, there is nothing officially stating that a character being a spirit, an Assist Trophy, a boss, a Mii Figher Costume, or part of someone's moveset (a Final Smash, for example) cannot also be a fighter or anything else. While it is usually the case that characters who are designated as one of those are only used for that purpose, there is nothing set in stone that says they can't be anything else. After all, we have plenty of examples of this not being the case: Chrom is both still part of Robin's Final Smash despite also being an Echo Fighter. King K. Rool, Isabelle, and Chrom are fighers despite having Mii Fighter Costumes still in the game. Rathalos is both a boss in World of Light and some character's Classic Mode playthroughs, as well as an Assist Trophy.

Second, Spirits aren't the literal soul of a character. There are spirits for yoga poses, for crying out loud! Y'know, abstract concepts that don't have a soul in any way, shape, or form? Do yoga poses have souls? Furthermore, there are three spirits for King K. Rool in different outfits. Are you telling me that they're three different characters? If different outfits/artwork is enough to be a different Spirit, couldn't they just use Geno's star form (titled ♥♪!?) as the basis for his Fighter Spirit instead? Or is that considered cheating?

Third, I don't know how long you've been around with regards to Smash speculation, but before Mewtwo and Lucas came back as DLC for Smash 4, A LOT of people considered trophies a death sentence for characters in the same way you and others consider spirits. Go back far enough, specifically around the release of Smash 4 on 3DS, and you'll find plenty of people who genuinely believed that a trophy meant no fighter. And to their credit, they kind of had a good reason to believe that.

In Melee, your fighter would start every fight as a trophy before losing the stand, in essence coming to life. In Brawl, a character's trophy was considered their body, and if they're touched by a living fighter while in their inert state, they would reawaken. While certain characters would be used for multiple trophies (Kirby for example used to have trophies showcasing all of his abilities, both from his home series and in Smash), it was generally accepted that these trophies were the characters souls, and since fighters have their own trophies, to already have a trophy in the game meant you couldn't also have a fighter trophy.

Spirits are much the same thing as trophies from prior Smash games. You may like to think they're different because of their whispy, ethereal design, but they're not different at all. So if trophies in Smash aren't considered enough to prevent a character from becoming a fighter, then spirits also aren't enough to prevent a character from becoming a fighter. And let's be real, do you really think Sakurai is going to not include a character because someone on the dev team had already included him as a goddamn PNG File? "Well I could include Geno as a DLC Fighter to please longtime fans, but the group of employees I got to work on the Spirits already used his PNG for a spirit, so I guess I can't do that. Too bad I don't have the authority to overrule their descision because I would've loved to include him, but oh well! better luck next time, I guess!"
Don't tell him.
HAHA.jpg

oh boy don't tell him

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
People are arguing that Geno's spirit doesn't mean it can't be a fighter however Geno is a spirit cause it isn't a fighter, arguing a PNG won't stop him from being playable is missing the point of the conversation, it is a PNG cause it isn't playable not the other way around. (not saying it's impossible, but not super likely, probably a Mii costume with music is happening).

PD: Classic Pit is different than Pit, please use your eyes if possible, thank you

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Here is the thing though a majority of the spirits have been bottom of the barrel mooks in already represented series. (Rayman, Shantae, and Resident Evil being exceptions)

The entire basis of the Spirit argument is that Sakurai only planned for 5 DLC characters and as a result any character in the game already wasn't going to be part of the Fighters Pass. Acting as if Spirits/Assist Trophies deconfirm for post-pass is pretty silly and has literally no basis in anything. You act like the Lucas and Mewtwo trophies from 4 don't count for some reason when they probably took more time to develop than the Spirit Battles according to Sakurai, and it's not like they removed them after they got added as DLC, they didn't even change the name. Christ, Chrom is literally in Robin's final smash and you people still act like "WELL THEY ALREADY APPEAR SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME SO THEY CAN'T BE IN" is really silly.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
For the sake of playing devil's advocate here, it could be because Square wanted them to focus 100% on Dragons Quest and not have the other Mii Costumes steal the spotlight. If Geno is still a Mii Costume, and it would have returned with DQ, I argue that its return would overshadow the presentation, which is why it makes sense to reveal the costume later, would Geno unfortunately still be one
It would create an amusing and ultimately defeated scenario:

Square: 'Look, Nintendo. Now we have been aggressively milquetoast in our support to your game, what with giving you TWO song rips and no spirits. So we decided to work with you again, and begrudgingly for some dumb reason, by having Dragon Quest be added for DLC. BUT! We want max value of our assets and we want all attention on DQ. SO! No other Square products can be shown along with DQ. No Geno or Chocobo costumes in DQ's costume showcase. You got that?

We want NO distractions for Dragon Quest. All eyes JUST for them in order to bring the most attention and hype for the series. They need the most exposure!'

Nintendo: 'OK.'

Square: 'Good. Now, when were you planning on revealing Hero?'

Nintendo: 'Mid day at a US gaming event, in a a region that barely acknowledges DQ compared to FF, at a time where the region that adores DQ will have the vast majority asleep since it will be 2AM in Japan.'

Square: '... ...........yea, but Geno won't be there to steal Hero's thunder, right?'

D

Deleted member

People are arguing that Geno's spirit doesn't mean it can't be a fighter however Geno is a spirit cause it isn't a fighter, arguing a PNG won't stop him from being playable is missing the point of the conversation, it is a PNG cause it isn't playable not the other way around. (not saying it's impossible, but not super likely, probably a Mii costume with music is happening).

PD: Classic Pit is different than Pit, please use your eyes if possible, thank you
Peach in a wedding outfit is not different from Peach. Why would a PNG stop a character from being post pass. Stop with the spirit nonsense.

D

Deleted member

The entire basis of the Spirit argument is that Sakurai only planned for 5 DLC characters and as a result any character in the game already wasn't going to be part of the Fighters Pass. Acting as if Spirits/Assist Trophies deconfirm for post-pass is pretty silly and has literally no basis in anything. You act like the Lucas and Mewtwo trophies from 4 don't count for some reason when they probably took more time to develop than the Spirit Battles according to Sakurai, and it's not like they removed them after they got added as DLC, they didn't even change the name. Christ, Chrom is literally in Robin's final smash and you people still act like "WELL THEY ALREADY APPEAR SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME SO THEY CAN'T BE IN" is really silly.
Exactly. Sakurai probably didn’t plan for a continuation of dlc so he wanted to include as many characters as he wanted since they wouldn’t be characters in the pass.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Pretty much this. The only spirits that you could possibly argue de-confirm post pass are spirits that appear post-release with no characters (see Resident Evil) for example.)

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Square: 'Look, Nintendo. Now we have been aggressively milquetoast in our support to your game, what with giving you TWO song rips and no spirits. So we decided to work with you again, and begrudgingly for some dumb reason, by having Dragon Quest be added for DLC. BUT! We want max value of our assets and we want all attention on DQ. SO! No other Square products can be shown along with DQ. No Geno or Chocobo costumes in DQ's costume showcase. You got that?

We want NO distractions for Dragon Quest. All eyes JUST for them in order to bring the most attention and hype for the series. They need the most exposure!'

Nintendo: 'Mid day at a US gaming event, in a a region that barely acknowledges DQ compared to FF, at a time where the region that adores DQ will have the vast majority asleep since it will be 2AM in Japan.'

Square: '... ...........yea, but Geno won't be there to steal Hero's thunder, right?'
you sound like you really hate DQ for some reason.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791

Wording could be clearer here, but again, this logic would make sense for base and probably FP only. Generalising it to all DLC doesn’t take into account that post pass DLC did not get clearance until (we presume) E3 2019.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Dude, did you even read my other comments about this whole subject? Also, take a chill pill. I was just playing devil's advocate.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Here is the thing though: a majority of the spirits have either been bottom of the barrel mooks in already represented series, or some of Nintendos smallest series they have (Rayman, Shantae, and Resident Evil being some exceptions).
How DARE you ****ing diss my boy Wart like that! :ultridley:

For base game, sure. I mean, he's there isn't he? For the Fighter Pass? Also sure, since it's been speculated that they decided to do the Fighter Pass around when they first revealed the game back in March of 2018. But after that? Well unless they decided upon all the DLC they're going to do for Ultimate back when they decided the Fighter Pass, there's no reason why they couldn't.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
This. I agree with this 100%. Fanmade rules are ridiculous. It’s like if I said “[Insert Character Here] can’t be in because they have an extra eye or a tooth.” (Daisy had one in her trophy from Melee, but that’s beside the point.) See how silly that sounds?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Here's an easy solution to how Geno can be made playable without any issues with the already present Geno spirit:

Just have Geno's Fighter Spirit be his Smash render and nothing else, not unlike Cloud, Robin, and the two Pokemon Trainers.

Would it suck that Geno only has his Smash render as his Fighter Spirit without any of the original Super Mario RPG artwork? Yeah, but (at least in my humble opinion) it's a small price to pay just to have Geno be playable, especially after all these nonsensical arguments on whether or not Spirits truly deconfirm.

D

Deleted member

We seriously need to kill the stereotype of Dragon Quest fans being the enemies of Geno supporters.

I am a Dragon Quest fan and I find SMRPG such a great game that I would love to see content from it in Smash.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
As others have said, I don't think spirits (or anything else for that matter) outright de-confirms post-pass DLC. Sure, with the fighter's pass five being planned alongside development of the base-game, it's definitely probable there was no overlap intended here.

However, if additional DLC was green-lit after Ultimate was released (which appears to be the case), they're going to go back and take a second look at things and pretty much anything they think will make them some good coin is fair game. Nintendo isn't going to follow these silly rules in lieu of making a profit and I don't see why anyone is holding them to it.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
User warned for overtly aggressive language and name calling.
Some of you are ****ing imbeciles. Absolute children. Think before you post. Think about human beings’ livelihoods

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

And Kaptain K. Rool and King K. Rool are not the same character. Oh wait.

I don't think the fact Geno being a spirit because he isn't a fighter means anything, really. No offense, but to me, that is just weak logic. There still isn't much evidence that that or other reasons to believe spirits disconfirm are actually true, and they won't be true until Sakurai does not add a spirit as a fighter sometime during DLC development or if he says spirits disconfirm himself. Neither has happened, and this is the DLC development of the game, post game, where if spirits disconfirm was part of the base game for some reason, they don't necessarily have to apply to the DLC development of the game. PNG (whatever that means, I am lost there) or not being playable does not mean can't be playable, won't be playable or is stuck as what it is by itself. In fact, it only does so much in terms of telling what it means by itself. Not even you know if what you said was the case here. You don't know what Sakurai is developing. It may not happen with fighter 5 of the pass, but it can still happen after the pass. I am sure Sakurai can allow characters to be more than what they currently are, and not just limit them to spirits. Aside from what I said about K. Rool, Rathalos is a boss in World of Light, some classic modes and as an assist trophy, among other certain characters as MisterMike MisterMike said. Why should that not apply to characters who are playable or can be playable? You are acting as if the PNG or characters being spirits mean may more than they actually do in terms of rules that weren't even stated or made by Sakurai. Even though a spirit becoming a playable hasn't happened yet, there is not reason to think it won't happen based on what I said and because you or some others think so, which may be done by applying logic or what you think of the situation when not only nothing has been confirmed, but it is too early to tell.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
you sound like you really hate DQ for some reason.
......I'm curious how this conclusion was reached. What part was it that mentioned how I feel that I hate DQ? Now, I was quite sarcastic concerning Square and their perceived uncooperative participation to Smash (no spirits for Cloud, FFs bare bone content amount) and how DQ was revealed (which did happen, a Eastern gaming icon showcased at a Western event that doesn't get nearly as hyped for DQ as their home region), but I never said I hate DQ.

I like the series and like their addition to Smash. But I disagree when it was revealed as I think it does a disservice to the series, like showing Ridley at the Tokyo Game Show. Bad marketing move.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
For **** sake, they can clearly replace Sheik from the spirit battle with the actual playable Geno if he ends up coming as dlc. it's not rocket science

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
We seriously need to kill the stereotype of Dragon Quest fans being the enemies of Geno supporters.

I am a Dragon Quest fan and I find SMRPG such a great game that I would love to see content from it in Smash.
Agreed. I definitely loved playing Dragon Quest XI S, it was my favorite JRPG of 2019 and one of my favorite games of the past year along with Kingdom Hearts III and Resident Evil 2.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Atleast the arguing is this thread actually has to do with Geno for once, am I right?

Droodle

Smash Lord

I mean, DQ is already renowned in JP. And it's pretty clear that the marketing of DQ XI went into more of an outside JP perspective. Why would they ever focus on advertising DQ XI in JP, where most people have already played it.

Also, it makes complete sense to me that BOTH Square and Nintendo wanted to only focus on DQ and nothing else. Nintendo has always been passionate about the DQ series in the West, and Square also wants it to be more popular here. They've tried many times in the past with mixed results, and the ultimate way to advertise the series is to add it in Smash. If they go through all that effort, it makes sense that they may decide against promoting anything other then DQ ie. Geno and Chocobo costumes.

To me that line of reasoning makes WAY more sense then some of the logic used here. "Geno is promoted, and they cut Chocobo because people would be suspicious if only the Geno costume was missing." seems like a bigger stretch then saying "They REALLY want DQ to be successful in the West, and hence only DQ content was shown in it's showcase".

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
For **** sake, they can clearly replace Sheik from the spirit battle with the actual playable Geno if he ends up coming as dlc. it's not rocket science
They don't have to do that. You can just go in there with the real Geno and show that imposter who's boss :4pacman::4pacman:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I forgot to say one little thing.

If you want to believe spirits deconfirm, go ahead, but remember, not only is that still a fan rule, but you applying it and logic behind it when there is not much evidence that is strong or that it isn't even the case. You are basically going by and favoring your own, self-made beliefs over what is actually true, and by extension, what is not, contrary to what may have happened or what you may think.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The main argument that I have seen is that “Chrom is in Robins final Smash!”

Here is the thing though: all that proves to me was that Chrom was likely a really late, last second decision, and that they didn’t bother to change it after the fact.

And since I bet my account earlier, I’ll double down right now. Just to show how firmly I hold these beliefs atm.

I will permanently close my account if one of the following happens.

>A Spirit or Assist Trophy gets promoted in Ultimates lifecycle

>Cacomallow is real and it results in a playable Geno (Doesn’t count if he gets Mii costume’d too btw)

>Vergeben or Sabi get a deconfirmation wrong on FP5.

If any of that happens, there will be no room for weaseling, I will 100% follow my word and close my account permanently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom