• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Sakurai is enjoying death strandings

And reminder of

Castlevania
Persona 5
And king of fighters

But however I’m almost certain fighter pack 5 is not Sam bridge/Norman reedus/Daryl Nixon

Firox

Smash Master
Top three things you'll never be able to unsee:

Mario without his moustache
Toad without his mushroom cap
Geno without his beanie
Dare I ask what Toad looks like without his mushroom cap? I've never had the pleasure.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Vergeben is saying that fighter #5 WON'T be from Bandai Namco, Ubisoft or Level 5. For feck's sake people, how about we stop spouting everything fighter #5 ISN'T and just give us some kind of clue as to who it IS!
Eventually, you shoot down so many characters that only one remains. I mean, I know people like to talk about how many characters there are, but between spirits, mii costumes, past mii costumes, past trophies that maybe haven't returned as spirits and everyone owned by the entire companies that have been shot down, what are we left with?

Duke Nukem, that's who.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I think one of the four will happen.

>Single reveal: Nightmare and Nintendo hardcore teases DLC news coming soon
>Duel reveal: Nightmare/Lloyd
>Duel reveal: Nightmare/Ryu
>Triple reveal: Nightmare/do two reveals for post pass.
Wait, you are still banking on Nightmare? And other people on this thread?

Sorry, but I’ll side with Verge on this one. His track record for this game is just simply too much to ignore. Even someone in that rumor circle stated the source had low confidence in him.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Now I'm imagining a scenario where he ends up being a very technical character, resulting in a bunch of competitive players talking about "baby techs" in a serious manner.
This singlehandedly made me want Sam Bridges in Smash.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I don't know about that. I'm willing to bet they're someone no one's gonna see coming. In terms of Sora, too, I feel his chances are just as shot as the other 'disconfirmed' characters for FP5 (Doom Marine, Geno, Lloyd, Crash, etc). If insider word on disconfirmation for the Fighter's Pass means something, then this still applies to Sora, as he was blatantly disconfirmed via the Square Seven list (the only character apart from Geno who was said to 'definitely not be in' the Fighter's Pass). That means either disconfirmed characters by insiders actually still have a shot, or none of them do, which would include Sora. I'm more leaning towards the former, not because I expect them, but just because of healthy skepticism doses. I don't like taking insider word as gospel, but as something of note to consider.

It's kinda funny that people are so quick to be like, "HAHA (X) BTFO," for FP5, yet Sora's insider 'disconfirmation' seems to have been conveniently left out. It applies to all of them, which includes Sora, as well as our star boy.

Post-pass, though, I'd be surprised if we DIDN'T get Sora.
Didn't Fatman say that there's been nothing about Sora behind the scenes? Like, insiders haven't heard his name whatsoever?
Top three things you'll never be able to unsee:

Mario without his moustache
Toad without his mushroom cap
Geno without his beanie
Fun fact: Did you know that there actually are sprites of Geno without his hat in-game? His animation for using an item has a hatless version of Geno from the back, but you can never see it because it's covered by sprites of his hat and hand.
GenoHatlessEx.png

And here's a close-up of what Geno would look like without his hat. The one on the left is from the game, the ones to the right of that are custom ones I made.
GenoHatless.png

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Didn't Fatman say that there's been nothing about Sora behind the scenes? Like, insiders haven't heard his name whatsoever?
Well, if such is the case, I suppose this is the exception. Sora's listing in the Seven Squares was clear as day, after all, and his name was only heard as 'definitely not in'.

Also, thanks for posting the sprites! It also showcases that Geno's head ribbons are NOT a part of his hat.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Fun fact: Did you know that there actually are sprites of Geno without his hat in-game? His animation for using an item has a hatless version of Geno from the back, but you can never see it because it's covered by sprites of his hat and hand.
View attachment 249809
And here's a close-up of what Geno would look like without his hat. The one on the left is from the game, the ones to the right of that are custom ones I made.
View attachment 249810
Huh, so the little orange curls he has are attached to his head, not his hat.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Well, if such is the case, I suppose this is the exception. Sora's listing in the Seven Squares was clear as day, after all, and his name was only heard as 'definitely not in'.

Also, thanks for posting the sprites! It also showcases that Geno's head ribbons are NOT a part of his hat.
Huh, so the little orange curls he has are attached to his head, not his hat.
I feel like when Jotaro Kujo’s hat came off and the back of his hair wasn’t actually spikey, that part was part of the hat

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I've made a lot of posts about Nightmare in the past couple of days. I have virtually no attachment to the character and the last time I played a Soul Calibur game was probably 2004. Logically, I think it makes a ton of sense. As for Verge:

-Technically hasn't gotten anything right about Smash since last August.

-Has had a horrible year altogether.

-Has fallen for not one, but two major cases of leakbait.

-Used to regularly beg Sabi to let him talk to the NoA source because he was regularly without good leads for Nintendo stuff.

-Has been hemorrhaging reliable sources since February because of Star Fox Grand Prix.

Sabi herself has said that Verge is most likely correct this time, and that they have similar sources. And if I’m not mistaken, he was one of the first to leak Erdrick before the datamine.

Until he explicitly gets a character wrong, which has not happened so far, I have no reason not to believe his Smash information.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well I'd imagine that's be the case, since I've yet to see a doll that has it's hair attatched to it's hat.
I mean, I was always confused by if it was supposed to be hair or some part of the hat design. I mean, it's not like he has anything to represent hair under his hat.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
You could make that argument about Joker or Terry as well.

I am also curious what was stated specifically about Sora during the Seven SE character list. Like them saying it's not Sora specifically for FP2 (or Vergeben's Square character) or was there anything said that deconfirmed him completely for the Fighter's Pass.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Sakurai is enjoying death strandings

And reminder of

Castlevania
Persona 5
And king of fighters

But however I’m almost certain fighter pack 5 is not Sam bridge/Norman reedus/Daryl Nixon
> "This has nothing to do with smash bros"
> *puts the smash ball in the thumbnail anyway*
I've had it up to here with this ****

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You could make that argument about Joker or Terry as well.

I am also curious what was stated specifically about Sora during the Seven SE character list. Like them saying it's not Sora specifically for FP2 (or Vergeben's Square character) or was there anything said that deconfirmed him completely for the Fighter's Pass.
https://smashboards.com/threads/spo...a-square-enix-general-support-threads.464600/

The screenshot seems to be gone, but I 100% remember that Sora's entry in the list was:

- Sora (who is definitely not in)

So I'm gonna guess disconfirmation for FP, but NOT for future DLC. I'd be blown away if he was disconfirmed for Ultimate ENTIRELY.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So aside from his c

View attachment 249809
View attachment 249810
So aside from his curls of hair in the front, he basically just has a bald wooden head? Weird, but not nightmare inducing.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 249809
View attachment 249810
You know, I'm only just now realizing that the line on the back of his head is actually the collar of his cape. I always thought that it was supposed to be that the top of his head was flat, like some kokeshi dolls:

kokeshi.jpg

He's very obviously not a doll like these, but I sort of just figured maybe they were giving a nod to them. Guess it's round after all, though.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I swear, sakurai could talk about how much he likes a pizza joint, and people will legitimately be like "well we don't have a pizza rep in smash yet..."
Also gamexplain will put the smash ball in one of the pepperonis in the thumbnail when they cover the famitsu article about the pizza joint

Last edited:

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet

View attachment 249809
View attachment 249810
Wait, is the bald item-using one from the game? How'd you get it? Looks like my sprite rip is outdated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom