• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
I can't watch it because it's 5 AM on a day when I have school. I need some sleep.
Not gonna lie, the only reason I'm going to watch it at 5am is because I usually wake up at 5:45 for work so I'm just going to wake up 45 minutes early.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I’m team wait for tomorrow. I dunno. I feel like even if Sabi gets back with a confirmation it’ll be right before the video drops. I feel like it’s the best option rather than going mental in my opinion.

Shrug.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm in EST, so 8:00 for me. Definitely watching it live. While there won't be any new characters, there will obviously be something big aside from Terry. I've watched every direct, e3, or other presentation from Nintendo since smash 4 was announced and I'm not going to stop now.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
After what they did I'm going to be really angry if this is how they chose to reveal geno, because the amount of people that will see this direct before getting spoiled will be at an all time low and the amount of clips we'll have to work with is going to blow.
I understand where you are coming from. But at this point, I'd rather have Geno spoiled because he appears tomorrow, rather than have him not show up. But that's just me. If I could get confirmation of Geno right now, I'd take it, even though the surprise would be technically ruined. Not that I think tomorrow is his day.

I just want the nail biting anxiety to end, preferably in a good way. Though I am optimistic it will.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I understand where you are coming from. But at this point, I'd rather have Geno spoiled because he appears tomorrow, rather than have him not show up. But that's just me. If I could get confirmation of Geno right now, I'd take it, even though the surprise would be technically ruined. Not that I think tomorrow is his day.

I just want the nail biting anxiety to end, preferably in a good way. Though I am optimistic it will.
But in that reality geno was already planned and developed so he was going to be in anyway, the point was out of all they places they chose to reveal it. It would be in a character showcase after publicly announcing they weren't going to do that. Kind of a **** move if you ask me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm probably wrong, but in the thread where that's present, he shows the (different) cacodemon hat on an Xbox avatar default dancing. The Mallow on Doom Slayer still doesn't show it can be replicated in Smash.
I genuinely think this guy's just having a good time and isn't trying to prove or disprove anything.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
But in that reality geno was already planned and developed so he was going to be in anyway, the point was out of all they places they chose to reveal it. It would be in a character showcase after publicly announcing they weren't going to do that. Kind of a **** move if you ask me.
Oh okay I misunderstood, thanks for clarifying :) I agree.

Though I just want confirmation so i can get off the ride. Lol my girlfriend is about ready to commit me over my obsession with spec. And she wants Geno just as badly as I do.

Sorry I have a dark sense of humor in case anyone thought I wasn't joking lol

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't worry too much about Girulo's posts (images borrowed from the twitter responses):
1572991366848.png

Also notice how they haven't shown off any actual ingame footage of miis wearing it AND using facial emotions

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I'm in EST, so 8:00 for me. Definitely watching it live. While there won't be any new characters, there will obviously be something big aside from Terry. I've watched every direct, e3, or other presentation from Nintendo since smash 4 was announced and I'm not going to stop now.
Yep, this is exactly how it is for me, even down to being in EST. While I'm not really a fan of Terry, I'm definitely gonna be watching this presentation live. I haven't missed any direct or video presentation related to Smash yet (including the one for Hero who I didn't have much interest in) and I don't plan on starting now. Nintendo directs in general, I've only missed a single one, and that was because I absolutely couldn't watch that one live.

Anyway, I've gotten my expectations in check now, with the "no fighter announcements" comment coming out. I'm not expecting any new fighters to be revealed in this presentation, but I can see them showing off a new mode or something. I know Sakurai said that Homerun Contest was "pretty much" the last new mode, but that doesn't mean they can't add some existing modes to online or something, like Squad Strike. Other than that, definitely expecting some Mii costumes, and possibly a chance of explaining how the rest of the DLC will work, without actually revealing who it'll be.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
There really isn't a lot of choices for Bethesda characters.

You only really have Skyrim, Fallout or Doom to pick from in terms of popular characters. With Doom beating the other two out.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace

You only really have Skyrim, Fallout or Doom to pick from in terms of popular characters. With Doom beating the other two out.
DOOM is the clear frontrunner here for its legacy, revival in recent years and fan demand, but I'd honestly be pretty chill w/ the Dragonborn or a Vault Boy. I would imagine the Dragonborn to play somewhat like Link but with tools such as shouts, different weapons, regular magic and maybe transformations. Vault Boy would use the wide array of gear he's been presented with all over the Fallout series, I assume.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman

I'm still of the belief that the best way to work in a Fallout character into Smash Bros. would be to take on the Vault Boy as a fighter, and apply the various weapons and attack concepts derived from his series. People have concerns about 'rooty-tooty-guns-n-shooty' being a prominent reason we don't get any FPS representation, to which I think specifically utilizing Vault Boy could be a fun, hilarious way to potentially skirt around this rule.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm still of the belief that the best way to work in a Fallout character into Smash Bros. would be to take on the Vault Boy as a fighter, and apply the various weapons and attack concepts derived from his series. People have concerns about 'rooty-tooty-guns-n-shooty' being a prominent reason we don't get any FPS representation, to which I think specifically utilizing Vault Boy could be a fun, hilarious way to potentially skirt around this rule.
I have dreams that Vault Boy will be our next 2D character. Him and Game & Watch would become best buddies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman

Knowing current day Bethesda, the inclusion of a Fallout character would fundamentally break the entirety of Smash. Why? Just... small bugs. Very minor.
(this is just a meme, but I do think fallout 76 is pretty scummy)

1572992019764.png
1572992083019.png
1572992099438.png
1572992124052.png
1572992208586.png
1572992226720.png

Final Smash: "Fallout First": Magically sucks $100 out of your credit card, and in return you get a buggy membership that is broken on launch. Eventually kills the player due to lack of funds for basic necessities.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have dreams that Vault Boy will be our next 2D character. Him and Game & Watch would become best buddies.
Any other character who could be classified as a 2D character? Now that you mention it, I think we could use more 2D characters.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That's very true with what Sabi said. For all we know, Dragonborn could be Fighter Pass 5 and we could just end up with Doom costumes. I've never even considered that. While I think Doom has the biggest chance out of any Bethesda rep, it could be an Elder Scrolls character because of the popularity and influence that the series has had on gaming. Personally, I would be fine with that. Dragonborn would have a sick moveset, stage and music, though I still want Doom Slayer a lot more.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Since some people keep getting confused of what leaks/rumors are out there, I've created a list detailing each of them, where they came from, as well as arguments in support of and/or against them. If anyone's confused, link them to this. (Granted, this will probably be made out of date within the next 24 hours, but whatever.) A + indicates a point in it's favor, a ~ indicates information that is either unconfirmed or of a dubious nature, and a - indicates information that directly calls it's legitimacy into question. Enjoy the list! :ultridley:
MiiCostumeList1.png

This list was posted on the 19th of July via Discord. It was sent to PapaGenos, as well a few other unidentified individuals, by an anonymous individual who we'll refer to as "The Source". The Source provided a list of 7 names which they claim refer to upcoming Mii Fighter costumes.
-= Points =-
+ 4 of the 7 costumes on this list have been confirmed for the game. Easily the biggest thing this list has going for it, if you ask me.
~ The Source has, according to PapaGenos, provided him with credible information in the past. That information being that The Luminary from Dragon Quest 11 would be coming to Smash. This is notable since most insiders were claiming the DQ character would be Erdrick. He also supported the idea that Banjo was coming to Smash.
~ If the Mallow and Cacodemon items are confirmed true, then that bumps up the number of confirmed costumes to 5 out of 7.
~ In early-mid October, he has made the claim that Crash Bandicoot would be coming to Smash, though this claim has been contested by other insiders such as Sabi and IAmShifty.
~ According to Sabi, The Source is notorious amongst them for being a troll. This doesn't necessarily mean this info isn't real, but it does raise the possibility that it could be.
~ While The Source got 4 Mii Costumes correct, he didn't mention Sans.
MiiCostumeList2.png
This list was posted on the 28th of October via Discord. It was sent to PapaGenos, as well a few other unidentified individuals, by the same person who provided Mii Costume List 1, The Source. Since the Terry Livestream is less than 24 hours, this list will either be confirmed quickly or deconfirmed in spectacular fashion.
-= Points =-
+ This is from the same person who correctly called 4 Mii Costumes that were coming to the game, so it's entirely possible, maybe even likely, that this list is correct.
~ The list only specifies "Classic SNK costumes" rather than anything specific, which is unusual considering how specific he's been with everything else.
1572848718133.png

This image, as well as the two acompanying videos, were posted to 4chan's /v/ board on the 4th of November. The image and video details what appear to be unreleased Mii Fighter costumes, more specifically Mii Fighter hats of Mallow from Super Mario RPG as well as a Cacodemon from DOOM.
-= Points =-
+ As most Smash Ultimate modders would attest, it is very difficult to not only make such high quality costumes, but to also get them to run in-game without breaking or looking off.
+ Both of the Mii Fighters in the videos are emoting. This is usually unable to happen with modded Mii Fighter costumes.
+ The Mallow Hat jiggles, meaning that whoever made this hat would've had to have rigged a proper jiggle bone for it, which very few if any Smash mods have done for any game.
+ In spite of many claims to the contrary, nobody thus far has been capable of accurately replicating what is shown in these videos.
~ The hats are very detailed and high quality. While it's entirely possible that this is an indication of them being real, it's also possible, though very unlikely, that dedicated enough fans could accurately replicate this.
~ The timer in the top-right corner is stopped at 2 minutes and 30 seconds. This is consistent with a prior image leak of Ken from Street Fighter, who is coincidentally also in the image and video, in the same pose no less. While they are similar, it's also possible, assuming this is fake, that this was done deliberately by the faker in order to make the images and hats seem more legitimate.
~ Sabi has contacted one of her sources to ask about the hats, and while they believe them to most likely be faked, they could not definitively prove or disprove their legitimacy at this time.
FroggerLeak.jpeg

This image was posted to 4chan's /v/ board on the 29th of October.
-= Points =-
~ This post correctly guessed when Terry was going to be released, however dates such as this were frequently guessed upon by many people. It easily could've been a lucky guess.
~ The list of Mii Fighter costumes would directly conflict with what The Source, who posted the more credible Mii Costume List A & B, said.
~ It's very possible that there's a lot of piggypacking going on, since a lot of this information has been very popularly speculated by many people, such as Doomguy and Geno as fighters, Geese Howard and Heihachi costumes, and Slipspace, which was discovered a long while ago by dataminers. Fake leaks often include details that are heavily speculated in order to pass themselves off as real,
~ Frogger? Really?
~ It's an anonymous 4chan post, which are 99% fake anyways.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Goodness, I didn't realize the Cacodemon hat had the larger teeth and horns on the bottom.

Heck, its other bottom teeth even seem to be duller like the original sprite. The texture is more-detailed than that troll's model, too.

I like the attention to detail.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Since some people keep getting confused of what leaks/rumors are out there, I've created a list detailing each of them, where they came from, as well as arguments in support of and/or against them. If anyone's confused, link them to this. (Granted, this will probably be made out of date within the next 24 hours, but whatever.) A + indicates a point in it's favor, a ~ indicates information that is either unconfirmed or of a dubious nature, and a - indicates information that directly calls it's legitimacy into question. Enjoy the list! :ultridley:
View attachment 245287
This list was posted on the 19th of July via Discord. It was sent to PapaGenos, as well a few other unidentified individuals, by an anonymous individual who we'll refer to as "The Source". The Source provided a list of 7 names which they claim refer to upcoming Mii Fighter costumes.
-= Points =-
+ 4 of the 7 costumes on this list have been confirmed for the game. Easily the biggest thing this list has going for it, if you ask me.
~ The Source has, according to PapaGenos, provided him with credible information in the past. That information being that The Luminary from Dragon Quest 11 would be coming to Smash. This is notable since most insiders were claiming the DQ character would be Erdrick. He also supported the idea that Banjo was coming to Smash.
~ If the Mallow and Cacodemon items are confirmed true, then that bumps up the number of confirmed costumes to 5 out of 7.
~ In early-mid October, he has made the claim that Crash Bandicoot would be coming to Smash, though this claim has been contested by other insiders such as Sabi and IAmShifty.
~ According to Sabi, The Source is notorious amongst them for being a troll. This doesn't necessarily mean this info isn't real, but it does raise the possibility that it could be.
~ While The Source got 4 Mii Costumes correct, he didn't mention Sans.
View attachment 245293This list was posted on the 28th of October via Discord. It was sent to PapaGenos, as well a few other unidentified individuals, by the same person who provided Mii Costume List 1, The Source. Since the Terry Livestream is less than 24 hours, this list will either be confirmed quickly or deconfirmed in spectacular fashion.
-= Points =-
+ This is from the same person who correctly called 4 Mii Costumes that were coming to the game, so it's entirely possible, maybe even likely, that this list is correct.
~ The list only specifies "Classic SNK costumes" rather than anything specific, which is unusual considering how specific he's been with everything else.
View attachment 245294
This image, as well as the two acompanying videos, were posted to 4chan's /v/ board on the 4th of November. The image and video details what appear to be unreleased Mii Fighter costumes, more specifically Mii Fighter hats of Mallow from Super Mario RPG as well as a Cacodemon from DOOM.
-= Points =-
+ As most Smash Ultimate modders would attest, it is very difficult to not only make such high quality costumes, but to also get them to run in-game without breaking or looking off.
+ Both of the Mii Fighters in the videos are emoting. This is usually unable to happen with modded Mii Fighter costumes.
+ The Mallow Hat jiggles, meaning that whoever made this hat would've had to have rigged a proper jiggle bone for it, which very few if any Smash mods have done for any game.
+ In spite of many claims to the contrary, nobody thus far has been capable of accurately replicating what is shown in these videos.
~ The hats are very detailed and high quality. While it's entirely possible that this is an indication of them being real, it's also possible, though very unlikely, that dedicated enough fans could accurately replicate this.
~ The timer in the top-right corner is stopped at 2 minutes and 30 seconds. This is consistent with a prior image leak of Ken from Street Fighter, who is coincidentally also in the image and video, in the same pose no less. While they are similar, it's also possible, assuming this is fake, that this was done deliberately by the faker in order to make the images and hats seem more legitimate.
~ Sabi has contacted one of her sources to ask about the hats, and while they believe them to most likely be faked, they could not definitively prove or disprove their legitimacy at this time.
View attachment 245308
This image was posted to 4chan's /v/ board on the 29th of October.
-= Points =-
~ This post correctly guessed when Terry was going to be released, however dates such as this were frequently guess upon by many people. It easily could've been a lucky guess.
~ The list of Mii Fighter costumes would directly conflict with what The Source, who posted the more credible Mii Costume List A & B, said.
~ It's very possible that there's a lot of piggypacking going on, since a lot of this information has been very popularly speculated by many people, such as Doomguy and Geno as fighters, Geese Howard and Heihachi costumes, and Slipspace, which was discovered a long while ago by dataminers. Fake leaks often include details that are heavily speculated in order to pass themselves off as real
~ Frogger? Really?
~ It's an anonymous 4chan post, which are 99% fake anyways.
Thank you so much my friend, needed this.

EDIT: I thought the Goemon costume leaker didn't claim Crash?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Again, Mike proves to be a blessing, which means he's gonna be a curse with his spriting skills soon to counteract it all. :4pacman:

Basically, if Geese, Haohmaru, etc. end up being unveiled tomorrow, then whooooooooo boy... We're in for some interesting stuff, y'all.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
*Sigh* Man, the day is just getting slower. Even this thread doesn't seem to be speeding up any.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm a bit out of the loop, I saw the Mallow video floating around, what's the general consensus on that, real or fake?

Also, was it 100% confirmed there's no new fighter announcement tomorrow because I'm seeing that a lot.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Thank you so much my friend, needed this.

EDIT: I thought the Goemon costume leaker didn't claim Crash?
No, he definitely did. It was the main focus of PapaGenos' video, after all.
Again, Mike proves to be a blessing, which means he's gonna be a curse with his spriting skills soon to counteract it all. :4pacman:
Don't tempt me, malt drink!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom