• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
You know, I imagine Terry will have at least one costume. It would probably be his Garou, but maybe they will go even further and put in female Terry. Hero got 4 alts and Joker got two, so I think at least one costume is likely.
Honestly, that would be pretty cool. It'd be nice if some characters who have female counterparts in their main games had female alts in Smash. (Take Dragon Quest IV's heroine, for example. Her design is different enough from the male hero, so it's not like you could get mixed up on who's who. )
1572986600784.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, that would be pretty cool. It'd be nice if some characters who have female counterparts in their main games had female alts in Smash. (Take Dragon Quest IV's heroine, for example. Her design is different enough from the male hero, so it's not like you could get mixed up on who's who. )
View attachment 245288
The female in that picture kinda looks like Tatsumaki from One Punch Man...with a sword.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 245288
Sakurai said he wasn't putting Goku in the game and I doubt he'd put Bulma in, either.

D

Deleted member

Kinda hoping they show off a Captain Syrup Mii costume tomorrow.

I just

really want some Wario Land acknowledgement.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
No updates I’m guessing? Rip.

Please have SNK heroines Terry.
Actually no, PLEASE have Garou Terry. Way more important. It's more about his character and his lore and the lore of the KoF world over having a nice rack.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed in all you guys saying you are going to skip it if there is no reveal. Kinda a perfect example of the Smash community, even if much more mundane than most.

'It's only Terry and Sakurai talking about things he cares about? No new characters? Aight, Imma head out.'

It's a good thing he's just a developer and not a family member to all of us, or you all would be crowned Kings and Queens of Rude.

Frankly, I could listen to Sakurai all day long as I love the man, so while you guys sleep I'm going to get my sick af ass up tomorrow on my day off and listen to Sakurai ramble about whatever the **** he wants to ramble about and have that man fill me with life again.

Also, if there is a reveal, I'll laugh at all of you who skimped out in 2009 YouTube style.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
View attachment 245288
Certainly. While Hero didn't do it on account of each alt needing two colors(That seems to be the bare minimum), Terry could probably have four normal alts, 2 Garou alts and 2 female alts. That would work well.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to disappoint, and I respect your dedication to Sakurai. I hope if there is a reveal, you'll hype alongside us!

Terry just isn't very hype to me, because I hadn't played any of the major fighting games growing up like Street Fighter, KOF, Tekken, and the likes. New character in Smash though, so that's pretty cool. Maybe he'll have a fun moveset. I didn't know a lick about Joker when he was announced, but I learned about him and quite enjoyed the kit he had to offer. Maybe Terry will be the same!

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Actually no, PLEASE have Garou Terry. Way more important. It's more about his character and his lore and the lore of the KoF world over having a nice rack.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed in all you guys saying you are going to skip it if there is no reveal. Kinda a perfect example of the Smash community, even if much more mundane than most.

'It's only Terry and Sakurai talking about things he cares about? No new characters? Aight, Imma head out.'

It's a good thing he's just a developer and not a family member to all of us, or you all would be crowned Kings and Queens of Rude.

Frankly, I could listen to Sakurai all day long as I love the man, so while you guys sleep I'm going to get my sick af ass up tomorrow on my day off and listen to Sakurai ramble about whatever the **** he wants to ramble about and have that man fill me with life again.

Also, if there is a reveal, I'll laugh at all of you who skimped out in 2009 YouTube style.
To be fair. If we aren't really interested in Terry, we won't think it is worth it to make it a priority to watch it. Especially at 5am. I wouldn't exactly say it is rude.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
To be fair. If we aren't really interested in Terry, we won't think it is worth it to make it a priority to watch it. Especially at 5am. I wouldn't exactly say it is rude.
Yeah, I'd be in school at that time. Seems a bit unfair to make a blanket statement like that when not everyone wants to or is able to watch it.

D

Deleted member

It's at 8 in the morning for me and 7 for people just one time zone away, which is prime time get up and get ready for work or school hours. If there's nothing more important than gameplay for Terry who will likely be out by the end of the day, why prioritize that when we have money or education to earn?

These character showcases are nice, don't get me wrong. It's much more than they bothered to give us for pretty much every newcomer in the base roster, but they're ultimately not as important as new information, especially since the trend is that we get them at most only a few days from when the character is available.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Perfect opportunity to get interested in Terry though.

If Sakurai is gonna gush, even if it doesn't give you new love for Terry, it can offer a moment with Sakurai.

Literally, the BEST thing about this Smash cycle has been these small moments with Sakurai.

But hey, it's cool! Only characters matter, not developers.

Yeah, I'd be in school at that time. Seems a bit unfair to make a blanket statement like that when not everyone wants to or is able to watch it.
If you want to watch it and can't, then my statement doesn't apply to you.

Don't take offense to something no one said to you.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
This new Mallow costume video leak has me kinda freaking out
Me too, the amount of detail and the sheer quality of the costumes would be stupid for a fake leak. If this is fake, somebody needs to hire that man/woman and make it official.

The Mallow costume jiggles. Jiggles! Isn't it impossible for mods to not only replace models, but add jiggle physics?! Bruuuuuh.

The Cacodemon costume has the gore toned down to fit perfectly in Smash, and for what, a "haha got'cha, it's fake."?! Brrruuuuhhh.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It's at 8 in the morning for me and 7 for people just one time zone away, which is prime time get up and get ready for work or school hours. If there's nothing more important than gameplay for Terry who will likely be out by the end of the day, why prioritize that when we have money or education to earn?

These character showcases are nice, don't get me wrong. It's much more than they bothered to give us for pretty much every newcomer in the base roster, but they're ultimately not as important as new information, especially since the trend is that we get them at most only a few days from when the character is available.
Counter argument. New information about Smash is less important than the experience of Smash, and moments where we get to have time with Sakurai and understand how he thinks is arguably the greatest experience opportunity available.

You go to work most days of you life.

You go to school a good share of your life too.

Those are two things you do as a boring, must have routine. Hell, as gamers, playing video games like Smash is something we do as routine.

Spending time with Sakurai in the best medium that ALL of us can? That is not routine. That is something to look forward to.

If you guys don't that's fine, but I will say the thirst for new content over appreciating hearing from Sakurai is not something I'm about and does change the way I look at those who've been requesting characters for years. Makes it feel like the minute Geno hops into Smash you all will forget what Sakurai did to make that happen as fast as Ridley fans dropped Ridley.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I didn’t watch the other two character vids until recently since I just had no interest in the long presentations on a single character, so just because it’s only Terry isn’t the only reason I likely won’t watch it. Just my opinion.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Literally, the BEST thing about this Smash cycle has been these small moments with Sakurai.

That is pretty subjective. I have literally no issue with anyone only caring about the video game product that they are paying for as a consumer and not caring about the developer’s personal interests.

That being said, no one should complain about the format or content of the video presentation tomorrow because they should know exactly what they’re getting into.

If you don’t want to hear Sakurai gush then skip the live video and just watch it later so you can skip around once the video is posted to youtube.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Perfect opportunity to get interested in Terry though.

If Sakurai is gonna gush, even if it doesn't give you new love for Terry, it can offer a moment with Sakurai.

Ok you really are taking this the wrong way :/

All I said is, it's not really a priority to people that aren't interested in Terry. ESPECIALLY with the time they decided to premier it. A lot of us are more interested in playing as a character. Not watch someone else talk about a character for an extended period of time. Most of us would be satisfied with a quick overview of his moveset and gameplay. That doesn't mean we hate Sakurai or any of the other developers.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I can completely see why people here were concerned or fearful with the idea that some Geno fan's passion could turn people against Geno as I had my neutral/slightly interested opinion on Terry steadily sour due to some of his fans.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
That is pretty subjective. I have literally no issue with anyone only caring about the video game product that they are paying for as a consumer and not caring about the developer’s personal interests.

That being said, no one should complain about the format or content of the video presentation tomorrow because they should know exactly what they’re getting into.

If you don’t want to hear Sakurai gush then skip the live video and just watch it later so you can skip around once the video is posted to youtube.
You know, that's fair.

I guess maybe I'm just a mushy dork. I'm the kinda guy that values getting to know the people who make the stuff I like more than enjoying the stuff I like.

I'm like those nerds who follow and gush about meeting their favorite YouTuber celebrities, except it's for game devs who actually bust their asses and care about the fans.

That said, there have been a lot of things promised by Ultimate that have been broken, so I guess we will find out if there is a reveal or not.

The way I look at it is as such:

If there is a reveal outside of Terry, then I'll have my live reaction of the reveal recorded and I'll be able to lose my mind at whoever it is.

If there is no other reveal and it's just Terry and stuff with him, then I'll love all that content and have started my day off right with 45 mins of time with one of my favorite developers.

Win-win scenario.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Counter argument. New information about Smash is less important than the experience of Smash, and moments where we get to have time with Sakurai and understand how he thinks is arguably the greatest experience opportunity available.

Those are two things you do as a boring, must have routine. Hell, as gamers, playing video games like Smash is something we do as routine.

Spending time with Sakurai in the best medium that ALL of us can? That is not routine. That is something to look forward to.

If you guys don't that's fine, but I will say the thirst for new content over appreciating hearing from Sakurai is not something I'm about and does change the way I look at those who've been requesting characters for years. Makes it feel like the minute Geno hops into Smash you all will forget what Sakurai did to make that happen as fast as Ridley fans dropped Ridley.
Gotta stop you right there. Ridley fans didn't drop Ridley. They continued in the Ridley social and the Ridley Discord. The rest of the fanbase dropped him in the same way they do every character after they're announced, so he disappeares from the general discussion. Many of us Ridley fans, including myself, are still in disbelief and frequently get hyped about his inclusion even now. No need to start throwing shade at unrelated fanbases.

D

Deleted member

You know, that's fair.

I guess maybe I'm just a mushy dork. I'm the kinda guy that values getting to know the people who make the stuff I like more than enjoying the stuff I like.

I'm like those nerds who follow and gush about meeting their favorite YouTuber celebrities, except it's for game devs who actually bust their asses and care about the fans.

That said, there have been a lot of things promised by Ultimate that have been broken, so I guess we will find out if there is a reveal or not.

The way I look at it is as such:

If there is a reveal outside of Terry, then I'll have my live reaction of the reveal recorded and I'll be able to lose my mind at whoever it is.

If there is no other reveal and it's just Terry and stuff with him, then I'll love all that content and have started my day off right with 45 mins of time with one of my favorite developers.

Win-win scenario.
Hey, I'm glad you'll have a good time despite being sick. Hope you get better soon.

I just think it's kind of silly to care whether or not other people care about watching Sakurai prove that he's still apecrap good at King of Fighters.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm glad you'll have a good time despite being sick. Hope you get better soon.

I just think it's kind of silly to care whether or not other people care about watching Sakurai prove that he's still apecrap good at King of Fighters.
Jesus, I just remembered that.

I hope Sakurai enters Ultimate tournaments now that Terry is there.

Wait...now it all makes sense!

Sakurai picked Terry so that he could best TobyFox after dishonoring him in his own house!

Firox

Smash Master
I mean, as long as we check out the video eventually, I don't see skipping out on a 5am curtain call (yeah, I'm PST) as a middle finger to Sakurai. I'll definitely check it out, especially in the off chance that we get something juicy and unexpected, but I'm not going to judge anyone for not caring.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
After what they did I'm going to be really angry if this is how they chose to reveal geno, because the amount of people that will see this direct before getting spoiled will be at an all time low and the amount of clips we'll have to work with is going to blow.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I have my honest doubts about the costume leak being for information tomorrow. If the costumes are in beta-testing right now, why on Earth would they release tomorrow? Someone brought that up as a point and now, I can't really shake that. I REALLY don't think we're getting the costumes tomorrow if that leak is real.

Also, did Papa Genos' source leak Terry's costumes (Geese, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, etc.)? Is it the same as the other costume source who leaked Goemon, Rocket Grunt, etc.? Someone mentioned that and now I'm like, "???"

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

first off, let me preface this by saying I enjoy the little sakurai moments and will be watching the presentation.
That said I'd like to address a couple of things. The first being, it's unfair to assume that school or work is boring and routine. I quite enjoyed school when I was in college. Looked forward to it every day, because every day was a chance to learn more about what I loved to do. Some people enjoy the hell out of their jobs, too.

Second: just because we like a product or a particular developer does not entitle them to a piece of our time, if we don't feel it worth it to share. Were they a member of our family, that would change the dynamic of our relationship by a considerable margin and isn't really a fair analogy to make.

link2702

Smash Champion
I’ve got more important things to focus on tomorrow than listening to sakurai go into 45 minutes of detail about terry. I actually work tomorrow, so I’d miss it live regardless(or only catch bits and pieces), but if there wasa character reveal I’d actually make an attempt to watch it later, or as much as I could without pissing off my bosses. But no reveal? Why waste 45 minutes listening to him go into detail on terry’s moves and stage, or KoF’s history?I’ll pick him up and play him in training to get a feel for his moveset, if I like how he plays I’ll use him, if not, I won’t. I don’t care about KoF’s “history” or lore, never did in the 90s, don’t now, so why should i sit through a history lesson I don’t care about? If geno got revealed I wouldn’t expect those that don’t care about him to sit through a 40+ minute lecture on him, so why do i need to for terry?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Also, did Papa Genos' source leak Terry's costumes (Geese, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, etc.)? Is it the same as the other costume source who leaked Goemon, Rocket Grunt, etc.? Someone mentioned that and now I'm like, "???"
Pretty sure they're talking about the Frogger leaker.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I will miss the video because of school. Does that make me a terrible person? No, it doesn't. I don't really get a say in that matter.

D

Deleted member

I’ve got more important things to focus on tomorrow than listening to sakurai go into 45 minutes of detail about terry. I actually work tomorrow, so I’d miss it live regardless(or only catch bits and pieces), but if there wasa character reveal I’d actually make an attempt to watch it later, or as much as I could without pissing off my bosses. But no reveal? Why waste 45 minutes listening to him go into detail on terry’s moves and stage, or KoF’s history?I’ll pick him up and play him in training to get a feel for his moveset, if I like how he plays I’ll use him, if not, I won’t. I don’t care about KoF’s “history” or lore, never did in the 90s, don’t now, so why should i sit through a history lesson I don’t care about? If geno got revealed I wouldn’t expect those that don’t care about him to sit through a 40+ minute lecture on him, so why do i need to for terry?
hol up

if Sakurai lectures us for 40+ minutes on Geno I'm kidnapping people and forcing them to listen to every word. Mostly zoomers who said it'd never happen or I'm dumb for wanting him.

I'm not really doing this please do not call the police.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Please look forward to the hour and 40 minute presentation of geno and super Mario rpg lore

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the leaker of that whole Mii costume leak made an emphasis on how those specific costumes are called "premium" costumes. Is the biggest red flag that it's just a troll cause literally all the post launch Mii outfits are premium costumes you have to BUY. That statement just comes off as them saying that those costumes are "double" premium which just sounds ****ing stupid.

Firox

Smash Master
hol up

if Sakurai lectures us for 40+ minutes on Geno I'm kidnapping people and forcing them to listen to every word. Mostly zoomers who said it'd never happen or I'm dumb for wanting him.

I'm not really doing this please do not call the police.
I will.....

Just kidding. Or am I?!

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I can't watch it because it's 5 AM on a day when I have school. I need some sleep.

D

Deleted member

Okay so just to give an estimate of what we could expect I went back to the two previous "Mr. Sakurai presents" videos/streams and timed each segment so we should expect something like:

Introduction/What is ___?: Approximately 1m 20s (Hero) and 3m 34s (We're including him pointing out that the music will be shown in the corner so 3:34 for Banjo-Kazooie)

Introducing the character/detailing the character (including moves and whatnot): 10 minutes (Hero) 6 minutes 20 seconds (Banjo-Kazooie)

Gameplay: Approximately 2m 40s (Hero) 2m 25s (Banjo-Kazooie)

Stage: Approximately 2m 35s (Hero) 3m 35s (3:35 because we're including the Cameo section for Banjo-Kazooie)

Music: Approximately 40 seconds (Hero) 1m 20s (Banjo-Kazooie)

Misc/Mii Costumes: Approximately 1m 50s (Hero) 2m 40s (Banjo-Kazooie)

4.0/5.0 (plus Amiibo): Approximately 2m 5s (Hero) 3m 20s (Banjo-Kazooie)

Wrap-Up: 30 seconds (Hero) 2 15s (Banjo-Kazooie)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Put those times together for each and you get around something like this:

Introduction/What is ____?: 4m 54s

Introducing/Detailing the character: 16m 20s

Gameplay: 5m 5s

Stage details: 6m 10s

Music: 2 minutes

Misc/Mii Costumes: 4m 30s

Game updates: 5m 25s

Wrap-Up: 2m 45s

which makes up for a combined time of: 46m 34s compared to Terry's presentation which is 45 minutes AKA Barely longer than his presentation.

What does this all mean? It means I expect exactly what NintendoVS said: "No information on new/unrevealed fighters" but I do think there's a chance we get talk about what they're going to do for post-pass DLC. (on the other hand it makes sense for them to save it for FP5's presentation but whatever.)

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I have my honest doubts about the costume leak being for information tomorrow. If the costumes are in beta-testing right now, why on Earth would they release tomorrow? Someone brought that up as a point and now, I can't really shake that. I REALLY don't think we're getting the costumes tomorrow if that leak is real.

I agree with you about all of that. In fact, I'm hoping those costumes are not showing up tomorrow unless Geno or Doomslayer playable character reveals come with them.

I'll just be grateful if Geno, Mallow, Doom and Cacodemon get out the costume reveal alive. I'd wait another year if I got confirmation that both or even just Geno were coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom