• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heoj

Smash Ace
The mii costumes that come with terry are going to be really damn important for recent leaks and geno.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
This info from Sabi is really interesting. He knows something but can't say what it is? I won't say it confirms the mii leak but it's oddly suspicious to hold back. Something fishy is going on here...
Also, hello, you 89 anons!:4pacman:

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
This info from Sabi is really interesting. He knows something but can't say what it is? I won't say it confirms the mii leak but it's oddly suspicious to hold back. Something fishy is going on here...
Also, hello, you 89 anons!:4pacman:
Could also just be general NDA stuff that she doesn't share

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, they probably couldn’t say it anyway with that cease and desist thing.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Didn't Sabi say a little while ago that he had a source that knew the 5th fighter but wouldn't say who it is? Or was that another leaker?

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
This potential new mode would have to be on par with World of Light to take 20 minutes to talk about, considering that they spent even less time than that explaining how spirits and spirit battles work.

inb4 Slipspace is the Subspace everyone has asked for

Damn it, I was really hoping Nintendo had spared me the need to figure out how I'm going to watch this thing and go to work.
We ought to remember that this is more relaxed than a presentation that's formally edited. So yeah, maybe the mode itself isn't talked about for 20 minutes, but maybe he'll play it a bit casually for 10 minutes or so

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Could also just be general NDA stuff that he doesn't share
Let's be real here. They walk on that tightrope all the time. He literally does everything but outright confirms things. He could easily phrase it in a way that wouldn't technically deconfirm or confirm the validity of the leak but still confirmed or deconfirmed the leak in a way to suitably loop the hole that would be a loop hole for their cease and desist. Like Pinocchio in Shrek.

wait... Pinocchio = Geno
Geno VA confirmed

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let's be real here. They walk on that tightrope all the time. He literally does everything but outright confirms things. He could easily phrase it in a way that wouldn't technically deconfirm or confirm the validity of the leak but still confirmed or deconfirmed the leak in a way to suitably loop the hole that would be a loop hole for their cease and desist. Like Pinocchio in Shrek.

wait... Pinocchio = Geno
Geno VA confirmed
I guess Geno would be wearing ladies’ underwear, then. (Shrek 2 reference)

Dynamic Worlok

wait... Pinocchio = Geno
Geno VA confirmed
Pinocchio, like a good portion of earlier Disney movies, is based on a story that is public domain. Disney couldn't sue DreamWorks over it if they tried. (They'd probably just buy DreamWorks instead)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I doubt it. I sincerely doubt it. But that'd be way too disappointing. It truly would be a mirror of last year's November direct
I honestly think it would be worse then the Grinch leak if it's legit. While the Grinch leak split the community in half, this leak if real would completely destroy it lol! The war and public outcry of hate from the aftermath of this would be insane.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Pinocchio, like a good portion of earlier Disney movies, is based on a story that is public domain. Disney couldn't sue DreamWorks over it if they tried. (They'd probably just buy DreamWorks instead)
Lol, I meant say it like Pinocchio does in Shrek 3 when he's interrogated by Prince Charming.

Dynamic Worlok

I honestly think it would be worse then the Grinch leak if it's legit. While the Grinch leak split the community in half, this leak if real would completely destroy it lol! The war from the aftermath of this would be insane.
It'll be the seven hour war all over again, but this time we won't last seven seconds

Lol, I meant say it like Pinocchio does in Shrek 3 when he's interrogated by Prince Charming.
Ah, I misunderstood.

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
well... what a crazy turn of events this has been. to think Mii hats would be the leak to give the most hope. God bless the Miis and their goofy outfits.

while I do see that this could potentially be fake (like freakin' everything that has to do with leaks.) I'd have to applaud the leaker for going to such lengths for a fake leak of all things. that'd be some Grinch levels of spite towards the Smash community (giving them hope just to let them down.)

I am hoping that this leak is real though, which also has me hoping for the Frogger leak to be true as well. what kind of has me thinking it's true is how recent it is. it seems like a reasonable time-span of knowing when Terry's direct would happen, along with what will be included in it. but i guess only time can tell for that, until then i'll try keeping a level head about this.

and like some people here have said, I'd expect the reveal for Challenger Pack 5 to be at The Game Awards, ending the pass where it began. (my guess is Doom Slayer.) i'm looking forward to tomorrow, along with these next couple weeks leading to The Game Awards.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This. I also mentioned that the only reason I can talk about Geno is that all his stuff tends to get out to the public anyways so backroom discussions about him aren't exactly a huge secret to begin with.
Anything else you can say? When will VR Plant make his prediction public? Also, when today will Sabi be addressing yesterday's Mii costume hullabaloo?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So Sabi has a source who “personally” thinks it’s fake? Not his main sources? And this source wouldn’t 100% know?

Nothing definitive then, I see. Still betting it’s real.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The Frogger leak has these mii costumes listed with Terry:

-Geese
-Heihachi
-Lloyd Irving
-Hollow Knight

I will keep an eye on these to see if this list comes true. I just hope Geno/Mallow costumes do not show up in this wave.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

-Geese
-Heihachi
-Lloyd Irving
-Hollow Knight

I will keep an eye on these to see if this list comes true. I just hope Geno/Mallow costumes do not show up in this wave.
I would love a Hollow Knight swordfighter costume to the level of detail as Sans. That'd be really cool. He'd have his little nail. :>

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

-Geese
-Heihachi
-Lloyd Irving
-Hollow Knight

The Lloyd costume would upset his fans surely, i wish them well. same with Hollow Knight but maybe the costumes existence should push me into playing the game again.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
My only issue with the frogger leak mii costume list is that there is only one snk outfit, there is no way well only get geese and not like, iori or kyo or something.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well it’s job orientation time for me heh.

So Sabi has a source who “personally” thinks it’s fake? Not his main sources? And this source wouldn’t 100% know?

Nothing definitive then, I see. Still betting it’s real.
At this point? Might as well just wait till tomorrow in my opinion.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
*wakes up...everything is calm*

Well, I guess nothing crazy happened. I am truly interested to see what will be shown tomorrow.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
My reaction if that Geno/Sora/Doom Slayer/Bandana Dee Mii costume leak is real:

Why are people still talking about this? It has all the red flags that come with generic /v/ leaks. Goes into a ton of detail for no reason and it was posted like 7 hours after that mii costume video dropped.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
So on Twitter, Sakurai has come out and said that the reason the presentation is 45 minutes long is that he'll be talking about how fighting games have evolved, and going over possible cameos on the stage, and compare the moves' origin to their Smash appearance, and all that kind of stuff, but he apparently ended up going off focus.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
That is a remade model. It doesn’t match at all with the video. Also, it’s a lot easier to make a 3-D model in a program as opposed to one that works with smash ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom