• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I know, but do you guys think that is enough regarding Sakurai's statement in the Banjo & Kazooie presentation about them probably never having a chance to bring this many game worlds together again? If it's about just bringing new franchises into Smash, I am not sure how well that will be for our star boi.
I think that was a mistranslation. PushDustin confirms it’s along the line of, “Bringing one character expands the world of Smash.” if I recall correctly. It’s more of a vague statement, that we still don’t know if the rest of the DLC will be 3rd party. I think there will definitely be more 3rd party franchises but very little 1st/2nd party characters like Rex or Bandana Dee.

Last edited by a moderator:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I think that was a mistranslation. PushDustin confirms it’s along the line of, “Bringing one character expands the world of Smash.” if I recall correctly. It’s more of a vague statement, that we still don’t know if the rest of the DLC will be 3rd party. I think there will definitely be more 3rd party franchises but very little 1st/2nd party characters like Rex or Bandana Dee.
I was about to mention that. PushDustin asked several fellow translators and they agreed about it being the smash world. I highly doubt Nintendo would not include some highly requested fighters.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I mean, Disney has a decent point that Sony can't make live-action Spiderman movies for **** and they generally don't come close to performing half as well as those in the MCU. Disney may have over-confidently played their hand a little with regards to Spiderman, but Sony is at much at fault if not more for their falling out when you consider they were the ones who went public while decision making was still going on to basically score sympathy points.
Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 and Amazing Spiderman begs to differ. And who did the first Spiderman movie that won an Oscar? Sure, it was an animated movie, but it still was a movie made by Sony. Heck, no live-action Spiderman under their wing have grossed under 700 million. The only reason why Sony did the deal in the first place was that Sony struggled financially at the time. If they weren¨t struggling financially at that time, we most likely would not be given Tom Hollands inclusion in the MCU

I think you underestimate how big of a deal Smash is in comparison to every other crossover and how the amount of respect paid to all parties would make Sora's inclusion much easier. Disney is a business with business oriented goals, and Sora in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is probably pretty good for business. They're not evil caricatures that refuse to cooperate with people (Hell, while it fail apart later on, they still managed to make an unprecedented deal for Spiderman and were giving all the profits of the solo Spiderman movies to Sony, so the Spiderman thing actually gives me more faith in their ability to pull off Sora in Smash if anything).
Like I said earlier, the reason why that deal happened in the first place was because of their situation then. Nintendo isn¨t in the same position that Sony is were Sora would be their lifesaver. Also about them being hard to work with... Disney is the most demanding when it comes to distributing the movies to the theaters. Heck they even got accused rather recently to inflating numbers for their theme parks.

Sure, it could be a sweet deal to get Sora on Smash Brothers, and if Disney can come to a deal with Nintendo thats awesome. I will be happy for Sora fans then (if nothing Disney related comes with him that is)... but negotiate with Disney ain¨t sunshine and rainbows y´all seem to think it would be

Edit - correct me if I¨m wrong, but didn¨t Rogersbase say that Sora would get in due to his experience working at Disney?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly don’t blame Sakurai wanting more third party franchises. Smash Ultimate is the biggest crossover in gaming and a once in a lifetime game that there will never be that much characters again. However, that doesn’t confirm that the rest of the DLC will be nothing but third parties. I’m confident there are some 1st/2nd party characters Sakurai acknowledges and add to the game.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
Is it really? Dude's a massive DQ fan, and we get a DQ character. Talks about how much he loved Persona 5 (a game STILL not on Nintendo systems), and we get Joker. Explains how much KoF meant for him during the formative days before Smash, and suddenly a character from a series (while admittedly iconic) that has never been extremely relevant to Nintendo and certainly isn't a huge promotional move randomly gets announced?

I think most people are UNDERSELLING his influence on the DLC.
This is gonna sound like a cop-out answer but I think this is a reach. Sakurai plays more games than most people here (10 a month, by one of his own estimations). He's a student of the entire medium and has shown that he appreciates a lot of different games, from Half-Life 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn to Etrian Odyssey and, yes Persona 5. Digging up old quotes of his if/when one of these franchises does get represented in Smash feels like forcibly trying to connect dots, IMO.

It looks like people have just written off the idea of Nintendo selecting Joker or Terry or whoever because it doesn't fit their preconceived notion of how they as a company would act and what they're looking for in a fighter. Maybe it doesn't matter to them that Joker's main game isn't on Nintendo systems, and the community's idea of a promotional pick is all wrong.

The Source Gaming translation EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman linked to seems fairly cut and dry to me. At this point I think it's a matter of whether or not you take Sakurai at his word, and I personally find it a bit presumptuous not to.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Yo guys, so I was watching the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate section of the Eleague on CBS earlier today (from prior E3 2019) and thinking back on the format they went with (3 v 3s), I realized that (bare with me... this might seem like reaching HARD) the Squad Strike mode... might have been an in-game hint to Terry, or a King of Fighters rep in general. :eek: Squad Strike (set at 3v3s) is EXACTLY the OG KoF fighting format.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 and Amazing Spiderman begs to differ. And who did the first Spiderman movie that won an Oscar? Sure, it was an animated movie, but it still was a movie made by Sony. Heck, no live-action Spiderman under their wing have grossed under 700 million. The only reason why Sony did the deal in the first place was that Sony struggled financially at the time. If they weren¨t struggling financially at that time, we most likely would not be given Tom Hollands inclusion in the MCU

Like I said earlier, the reason why that deal happened in the first place was because of their situation then. Nintendo isn¨t in the same position that Sony is were Sora would be their lifesaver. Also about them being hard to work with... Disney is the most demanding when it comes to distributing the movies to the theaters. Heck they even got accused rather recently to inflating numbers for their theme parks.

Sure, it could be a sweet deal to get Sora on Smash Brothers, and if Disney can come to a deal with Nintendo thats awesome. I will be happy for Sora fans then (if nothing Disney related comes with him that is)... but negotiate with Disney ain¨t sunshine and rainbows y´all seem to think it would be
As for Spirderman, I really dislike Toby McGuire's acting and Mary Jane is the epitome of a poorly written nothing of a character, so I don't really particularly like much of the Raimi trilogy outside of a few moments with the villains. Spiderman (2002) has also aged as poorly as milk from the same year would (which isn't exclusive to that film by any means, but it's a really damn bad movie to watch these days). The Amazing Spiderman was then the epitome of trying to be cool and relevant in 2012 with a rehashed plot and a complete misunderstanding of the character. I like Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy, but the movie is just all over the place and Garfield doesn't really fit the roll no matter how hard he tries (which is shame because he can be a great actor) and it just gets worse in 2. I specifically mentioned live-action films for a reason. Sony (in my opinion) has struck out 4.5 times with live action Spiderman movies (I give .5 for Spiderman 2) and Venom shows they don't know how to actually handle the Spiderverse at all when working live-action. I don't know what their disconnect is with those adaptations since they can make excellent animated movies with Spiderverse and an even better video game in Spiderman PS4, but they struggle all the same. They were trending down with the IP until Disney helped boost Spiderman back up to a much more impressive sales and actually have them bust $1 billion at the box office. It was a mutually beneficial relationship and Disney deserves a little more credit for their part in making Spiderman movies even bigger.

No, Nintendo and Disney are not in the same position. But the point was that Disney can work together with another studio to make big things happen. Disney would have 100% just done everything in the MCU without Spiderman if they couldn't have secured the deal and it wouldn't have mattered too much in the long run. They took a deal to go for a more ambitious crossover and to please fans, which in turn resulted in more profit. And Sora barely registers in comparison to most of Disney's IPs. Yes they own it and have a certain amount of sway, but it's telling how much they do leave it to Square Enix and how it's just never going to be as big of an IP to micromanage compared to the huge stuff like Frozen. I'm not saying it's sunshine and rainbows to negotiate with Disney, but I am saying they're a business that recognizes business opportunities and they will behave like businessmen trying to reach a deal if Sakurai approaches them for Sora in Smash.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So regarding the opinion of there only being 3rd party characters for the rest of the DLC and those characters being from new worlds, do you think that hurts Geno's chances? I mean he is technically a Mario character owned by Square-Enix so he really wouldn't be a new character bringing a new franchise into Smash.
Not really since Geno is 3rd party too. Especially if he ends up following the Piranha Plant model of just being a fighter

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out normal and Smash attacks for Geno but I had an interesting take.

For Smash attacks, what if Mallow appears similar to how Toad shows up for Peach. But in this case, Mallow be his Smash attacks.

He would have a forward Smash like him slamming the Sonic Cymbals and Geno and Mallow would represent one character.

Geno's specials are completely realized but I am having the toughest time figuring out his standard attacks without 'taking ideas' from his PM version

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yo guys, so I was watching the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate section of the Eleague on CBS earlier today (from prior E3 2019) and thinking back on the format they went with (3 v 3s), I realized that (bare with me... this might seem like reaching HARD) the Squad Strike mode... might have been an in-game hint to Terry, or a King of Fighters rep in general. :eek: Squad Strike (set at 3v3s) is EXACTLY the OG KoF fighting format.
Sounds like a coincidence to me. Remember, the DLC was decided in 2018, but the finalized project plan (which presumably included Squad Strike) was in 2015. I'd be willing to bet that this was inspired by KoF, but I wouldn't call it a hint towards Terry or a KoF rep at all. Remember, Sakurai was inspired to make Smash by a KoF match in the first place, so it's no surprise that he'd take a similar element from it and work it into Ultimate.

Thinking about Geno, by the way, I wonder if Sakurai had a feeling that the DLC would go a nice, long way if things sold well (which kinda feels like a no-brainer now). The spirit might have only been a stepping stone, and if further DLC was to be added, he and Nintendo entertained the idea of adding Geno in the future. In that time, Geno had his spirit added to give a little something to the fans, something to show they haven't been forgotten in the event that Geno gets his Mii costume back (if DLC didn't sell as hoped) or becomes fully playable in the long run (if DLC did sell as well, if not better, than hoped).

Basically, my reasoning is this: it'd make more business sense to add Geno later instead of sooner. Nintendo can see how profits go, and if the waters look good to add the figurative goldfish that is Geno, then that goldfish will be added to the tank. It's less of a financial risk if they have good profits keeping Smash aloft, especially if people still want more characters. It makes adding a more minor character like Geno seem less left-field.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Haha, could have been one of his hints ... so what would home run contest hint to?

The bag goes into space ... amongst the stars ... Geno is number five!:4pacman::4pacman::4pacman:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Haha, could have been one of his hints ... so what would home run contest hint to?

The bag goes into space ... amongst the stars ... Geno is number five!:4pacman::4pacman::4pacman:
Joke's on you, you see the planet in the background when Sandbag launches.

What I'm saying is Earth is the fifth Fighter's Pass rep, obviously.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I've never understood why the Smash community ever argues about how negotiation between Nintendo and other companies would go. A lot of points made are just assumptions and the discussions usually go in circles. Like negotiations with Disney could be extremely difficult but they could also be pretty easy to work with. We have no idea. Because of this we've been arguing about the Sony deal over Spiderman for what seems like a couple days now, and this has been happening in the Geno thread.

So for something Geno related, one of my favorite things about SMRPG is the sound effects. Very nostalgic for me. The "Thank you!" sound that plays when you use a Pick Me Up on a character has to be in my top favorites. For those of you that have played SMRPG, what are some of your favorite sound effects?

D

Deleted member

Sounds like a coincidence to me. Remember, the DLC was decided in 2018, but the finalized project plan (which presumably included Squad Strike) was in 2015. I'd be willing to bet that this was inspired by KoF, but I wouldn't call it a hint towards Terry or a KoF rep at all. Remember, Sakurai was inspired to make Smash by a KoF match in the first place, so it's no surprise that he'd take a similar element from it and work it into Ultimate.

Thinking about Geno, by the way, I wonder if Sakurai had a feeling that the DLC would go a nice, long way if things sold well (which kinda feels like a no-brainer now). The spirit might have only been a stepping stone, and if further DLC was to be added, he and Nintendo entertained the idea of adding Geno in the future. In that time, Geno had his spirit added to give a little something to the fans, something to show they haven't been forgotten in the event that Geno gets his Mii costume back (if DLC didn't sell as hoped) or becomes fully playable in the long run (if DLC did sell as well, if not better, than hoped).

Basically, my reasoning is this: it'd make more business sense to add Geno later instead of sooner. Nintendo can see how profits go, and if the waters look good to add the figurative goldfish that is Geno, then that goldfish will be added to the tank. It's less of a financial risk if they have good profits keeping Smash aloft, especially if people still want more characters. It makes adding a more minor character like Geno seem less left-field.
So basically the Mii costume is like market research? And perhaps they should wait if the demand is still there?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So basically the Mii costume is like market research? And perhaps they should wait if the demand is still there?
No, no. The case I'm making in this hypothetical scenario is this: If further DLC isn't a good idea (which is NOT the case, as we are getting more), then Nintendo drops the costume on us. If further DLC is (the timeline we're in now), then Nintendo considers pursuing Geno as a full-fledged fighter. It makes more sense for him to come later when profits are ascertained rather than during the Fighter's Pass. It also aligns with how further DLC was planned by the time Hero's showcase came and went... with no Geno costume in sight.

D

Deleted member

No, no. The case I'm making in this hypothetical scenario is this: If further DLC isn't a good idea (which is NOT the case, as we are getting more), then Nintendo drops the costume on us. If further DLC is (the timeline we're in now), then Nintendo considers pursuing Geno as a full-fledged fighter. It makes more sense for him to come later when profits are ascertained rather than during the Fighter's Pass. It also aligns with how further DLC was planned by the time Hero's showcase came and went... with no Geno costume in sight.
Oh! I get it now! Heh sorry for huge misunderstanding..

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oh! I get it now! Heh sorry for huge misunderstanding..
Naw, it's okay. It's probably less you and more my inability to word things well rofl. Don't worry 'bout it none!

No, you see the Moon in Home Run Contest if you aim high enough. Know what this means?
:4pacman:
I was expecting something Skull Kid-related when I saw the embedded media in my email. I was so ready to bring out the conspiracy chairs again.

This, however, is also good.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
As for Spirderman, I really dislike Toby McGuire's acting and Mary Jane is the epitome of a poorly written nothing of a character, so I don't really particularly like much of the Raimi trilogy outside of a few moments with the villains. Spiderman (2002) has also aged as poorly as milk from the same year would (which isn't exclusive to that film by any means, but it's a really damn bad movie to watch these days). The Amazing Spiderman was then the epitome of trying to be cool and relevant in 2012 with a rehashed plot and a complete misunderstanding of the character. I like Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy, but the movie is just all over the place and Garfield doesn't really fit the roll no matter how hard he tries (which is shame because he can be a great actor) and it just gets worse in 2. I specifically mentioned live-action films for a reason. Sony (in my opinion) has struck out 4.5 times with live action Spiderman movies (I give .5 for Spiderman 2) and Venom shows they don't know how to actually handle the Spiderverse at all when working live-action. I don't know what their disconnect is with those adaptations since they can make excellent animated movies with Spiderverse and an even better video game in Spiderman PS4, but they struggle all the same. They were trending down with the IP until Disney helped boost Spiderman back up to a much more impressive sales and actually have them bust $1 billion at the box office. It was a mutually beneficial relationship and Disney deserves a little more credit for their part in making Spiderman movies even bigger.
I respect if you are not a fan of them since taste is subjective, but that doesn¨t change the fact that the first 2 (especially the second) of Raimi's are seen as classics while being financially profitable. The Amazing Spiderman 1 was financially profitable, fans reacted good towards it and it got good reviews by critics. So again, those 3 begs to differ). And like I said before, sure they might deserve to add for a raise in a renewal of the collaboration, but that supposed offer was idiotic.

Sure, you have a point that they have worked with each other ( MUA3 for example) but after all, I have heard from people I know first hand that have contacts within the industry (several of them being Disney specific) I can¨t help but being pessimistic about Sora¨s chance even though I hope I¨m wrong for Sora fans

D

Deleted member

Joke's on you, you see the planet in the background when Sandbag launches.

What I'm saying is Earth is the fifth Fighter's Pass rep, obviously.
No the Joke my friend is on you, Yes we've seen the Planet in the background but it's not because of what you said instead it's a hint towards Planet Driver which is a move from Golden Sun. Who is from Golden Sun? Isaac. Isaac is the fifth DLC character!

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I still can't fathom that Nintendo gave us more DLC. Extreme hype!

Here's a fishnet caped Geno to defend the stars of the sea. :starman:
1568499749685.png

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out normal and Smash attacks for Geno but I had an interesting take.

For Smash attacks, what if Mallow appears similar to how Toad shows up for Peach. But in this case, Mallow be his Smash attacks.

He would have a forward Smash like him slamming the Sonic Cymbals and Geno and Mallow would represent one character.

Geno's specials are completely realized but I am having the toughest time figuring out his standard attacks without 'taking ideas' from his PM version
I like the idea of mallow being his bro.
But for alternative to that
It could be a little boring, but base it on his weapons ingame.
FSmash = Star Gun
USmash = Hand Cannon (Elbow overhead arc)
DSmash = Rocket Fist (both directions)
Dash Attack = Spin attack used on Bowyer - press attack again to launch rocket hands in circle
Jab = Punch, Punch, Finger Shot
FTilt = unarmed rocket fist
DTilt = speed shoes (light flash into enemy, then flash back)
Utilt = star Cape (fast cape flash up)

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Okay, but there's also the big freakin' moon. And who else do we know who's associated with the moon?
DR. EGGMAN'S COMIN' TO SMASH BAYBEEEEE!!:ultpacman:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Even if we get mostly 3rd party characters I think we are going to get at least 1 or 2 first party ones. I also think we are going to get at least 1 more fan request with this dlc.

Last edited:

Theanimator10

Smash Cadet

Edit - correct me if I¨m wrong, but didn¨t Rogersbase say that Sora would get in due to his experience working at Disney?
When did he mention sora being in smash?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

Personally, I don't like the idea much of Smash characters bringing other characters in for their attacks. I think it could work for a character like Geno or Frisk because they are close to other characters in their game, but I think in both of those instances those characters could easily have fully realized and awesome movesets without the need to drag in other characters which makes it feel like that character doesn't have enough moveset potential. I think Duck Hunt is a special case where it does work, but a character like Peach could easily fight without Toad.

Here's a few ideas for smash attacks for Geno:
Up Smash:
1. Geno holds out his hand and one of the Seven Stars hovers over his hand dealing damage to opponents above and slightly to the sides above him.
2. Geno fires a Geno beam straight up.
3. Geno places one hand on the ground turns his body and fires his other arm straight up in the air at short range. Small hitbox with good damage/knock back. (This is the move I picked for my smash moveset for Geno because it looks really cool in my mind)
4. Geno performs an attack similar to Zelda's up smash by waving one hand back and forth while shooting out little stars.
5. Geno does a hand stand and kicks straight upwards with both feet.
Forward Smash:
1. Geno fires a Geno beam forward.
2. Geno shoots both arms forward.
3. Geno reaches in his hat and then attacks on front of him with an item from the game.
4. Geno headbutts in front of him.
5. Geno unhinges him arm and fires out pellets dealing similar damage/knockback and similar range to Mii Gunner's forward smash.
Down smash:
1. Geno fires his arms out at his sides short range dealing damage and knocking opponents back.
2. Geno casts Geno Blast all around him hitting multiple times and sending opponents flying.
3. Geno spins in place horizontally while shooting pellets.
4. Geno does a split, handstand, spins on his head whatever you want it to look like and kicks around him.
5. Geno shoots a Geno beam straight down causing him to go into the air and a shockwave hits opponents in a small radius around where Geno was standing.

Not all of these attacks are necessarily based on stuff Geno actually does in SMRPG. I just personally see Geno as a super fast, flexible and agile character because of his doll body and I think that'd make for some fun flashy moves. The fact that I could easily come up with 5 for each smash attack truly shows Geno's potential as a Smash fighter.

Edit:
As far as normals go, skydogc listed some great options (I especially like the cape up tilt). Here's some more options! Yay options!!!
Dash:
1. Barrel roll
2. Quickly does handstand then kicks forward with both feet and lands back on his feet
3. Slides forward while shooting pellets or stars
4. I would love an animation of Geno running forward and then just planking and falling forward
5. Geno runs then jumps and kicks with one foot then twists his lower body and kicks with the other

1,2,3 jab:
1. Fires one arm rocket, then the other, then shoots stars
2. Punch, punch then one of the following: kick, headbutt, Geno beam, rocket arm(s), pellets/stars, cape sweep, etc
3. Low kick, knee strike, rocket arm or headbutt

Rapid Jab:
1. Continually fires rocket arms, pellets, stars, punches, kicks, slaps (so much sass), or perhaps...continuous headbutts? Hmmm?

Up tilt:
1. Shooting pellets in an arch above him
2. Fires himself or a projectile out of Geno cannon straight up
3. Rocket fists at diagonal angles to either side
4. Geno beam straight up
5. Pulls item out of hat and holds it up hitting opponents above him when he holds the item up

Side tilt:
1. Rocket fist, pellets, stars, Geno beam, punch, kick, headbutt, somersault, etc in direction pressed
2. Item out of hat in front of him
3. Spins in place quickly once sweeping his arm around while doing so

Down tilt:
1. Cloud slide while shooting pellets in a diagonal upwards angle
2. Kicks in circle around him
3. Shoots pellets out to either side
4. Spins in place damaging close opponents with cape
5. Gut punch

Ok now I'm done. Some of them did start to overlap, but I still feel that this shows incredible potential for a moveset.

Last edited:

blubber68744

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anyone has brought this up but on the snes online games there is breath of fire and it was made by squaresoft, and i'm sure you all know smrpg was made by square so them adding smrpg to it eventually maybe as a tie in to a geno dlc seems possible.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not sure if anyone has brought this up but on the snes online games there is breath of fire and it was made by squaresoft, and i'm sure you all know smrpg was made by square so them adding smrpg to it eventually maybe as a tie in to a geno dlc seems possible.
Oh, what the heck, that's right! So Square is obviously on board for NSO... so whether Geno gets in or not, SMRPG is very likely to show up on the service. We might even get freaking Chrono Trigger! Yessss!

D

Deleted member

Not adding Chrono Trigger on the SNES Classic was a BIG mistake, hope they add it on the online service.

D

Deleted member

If I recall correctly, Nintendo is no longer making SNES Classics so it may not tie up for Geno to promotion so I think SMRPG on Switch online may be the best thing Square can get if it’s not a SMRPG remake or sequel.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oh, what the heck, that's right! So Square is obviously on board for NSO... so whether Geno gets in or not, SMRPG is very likely to show up on the service. We might even get freaking Chrono Trigger! Yessss!
didn't even know squaresoft help out with breath of the wild

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Do you think they’d add SMRPG to the online service or do you think Square would want it in the eshop for $$$?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Do you think they’d add SMRPG to the online service or do you think Square would want it in the eshop for $$$?
If they added BoF, I really don't see why SMRPG would be an e-shop title. I could see Square letting Nintendo add it, no biggie.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've never understood why the Smash community ever argues about how negotiation between Nintendo and other companies would go. A lot of points made are just assumptions and the discussions usually go in circles. Like negotiations with Disney could be extremely difficult but they could also be pretty easy to work with. We have no idea. Because of this we've been arguing about the Sony deal over Spiderman for what seems like a couple days now, and this has been happening in the Geno thread.

So for something Geno related, one of my favorite things about SMRPG is the sound effects. Very nostalgic for me. The "Thank you!" sound that plays when you use a Pick Me Up on a character has to be in my top favorites. For those of you that have played SMRPG, what are some of your favorite sound effects?
I mean, people enjoy speculating about things and discussing possibilities with the information we've been given. The whole "you can never know" angle has always seemed hypocritical to bring up in a forum that is dedicated largely to Smash speculation that can never be known and just serves to stifle people having conversations on certain topics. It's also not even been that many posts related to this specific topic, so I don't see the issue. This community has long been one to just generally discuss a variety of matters with regards to all things Smash related (that's how we get to that coveted 1400 pages some members like to bring up, it sure as hell wasn't just from Geno if we're being completely honest).

I'm pretty sure Capcom owns everything related to Breath of Fire and they don't have to consult Square in the least bit to do as they wish with the game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Found this on Twitter. I'd be satisfied with this lineup. Don't know much about Elma but I'd love the first four to death
I'd be so down for this. Geno alone would be enough for me, but Elma would be super hype, Bandana Dee would make a lot of my friends happy, and Rayman and Shantae would be cool. :happysheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom