• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
GUYS I AM SO SORRY ABOUT GENO RIGHT NOW, BUT I AM SO ****ING HAPPY!! I KNEW THE FIRST DLC WOULD BE REVEALED AND I ****ING LOVE PERSONA!!

-Coco-

Smash Ace
This just makes me think SE is unlikely. The only thing I was clinging onto was Verge being right and now he's wrong. We're already aware of how fickle SE has been with Smash content.

link2702

Smash Champion

Shame this is the first smash I won’t be getting release day...

Jeez that felt as hype deflating as Isabelle’s reveal for me...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got to say though, I have no idea who Joker is. So I have no idea how to feel about the DLC yet

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Challenger pack 1?!?!?!?! Does that mean there will be more?

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
It's not the Square Rep! GUYS WE'RE STILL IN THIS

Honestly convinced that no one knows anything about DLC except maybe Polar's source. Either way, I'm still feeling hyped. Let's do this! Four more chances to see Geno!

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Never played Persona, no idea who Joker is, so I don't particularly care one way or the other... but I'm happy for his fans right now. My personal happiness in this is that this doesn't impact Geno's chances.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Based on what Reggie said, I'm not feeling too good about DLC in general. I'm sorry, but Persona 5 as your opener? That shows me Nintendo isn't looking at fans at all. I hate being pessimistic, but man, I feel rough.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised. A Smash announcement at all was more than I expected there.
That said, I don't care about Joker at all. One of my friends really wants him, but I have no idea what to think about the character. Guess I'll wait and see on this one.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
It's a personal thing, also I'm still partially going by what my NoA contact is. If it's not Geno, he'll know a day or two before reveal 100%. If I'm being honest, though, it looks like DQ is more likely from what I've been hearing. (THIS IS NOT A DEFINITIVE LEAK, PLEASE NOBODY TWIST MY WORDS AGAIN, IM JUST REFERENCING UNDECIDED THINGS IVE HEARD, NOTHING DEFINITIVE)
Is your NOA contact saying Geno has a chance? Because at this point I honestly don't think he is going to be in them game. If Nintendo is using Geno as leakbait then I have lost all respect for them honestly. It's getting pretty depressing.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Well, that happened! Got a bit over hyped there for a sec when I saw the smash ball. Haven't played a Persona game before, but I'm happy for those who wanted Joker (was that his name) in smash. Can't say I care about him, but NOBODY guessed him tho, so this could make speculation more interesting. At least we got SOMETHING Nintendo

Last edited:

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
If Persona 5 is a PS game only right now does that technically give Sora more legs to stand on now? Kinda worried about that

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Waitwaitwait.

Maybe I'm not remembering this right, but didn't Polar's source's rumor say that Geno would be the first DLC character announced?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'm going to be honest I don't know a thing about Persona. Is Joker a new character? As in was he around in 2015 when they started development or newer? Does anyone consider him a "shill" pick?

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Gonna be 100% honest, I have NO idea what this means for Geno but I think that this Joker reveal does A LOT of stuff for other options people thought were unlikely, like a Microsoft rep. At this rate, I'm truly expecting a character like Crash for the next DLC. Lol

D

Deleted member

Waitwaitwait.

Maybe I'm not remembering this right, but didn't Polar's source's rumor say that Geno would be the first DLC character announced?
I think he just heard that he would be DLC, I don't think he said the first one

MattX20

Smash Hero
The good news about Joker's announcement means Geno is still very much in the running and anyone who said they knew the DLC were completely off. I'm glad the DLC announced didn't destroy our hopes in his chances.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Joker is pretty nuts! As a man who has loved SMRPG since it came out, since I was a child, and who's favorite game is SMRPG, I think everyone claiming "literally who" and "weeb ****" while supporting Geno is being really trashy.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'll be honest: I have zero attachment to Joker or Persona...but I find the character at least mildly interesting. Moreso than many of the Square reps aside from Geno.

I'm not writing this off right away. And honestly? I'll probably buy this guy. But still not the fighter pass. Joker doesn't sell the pass well, imo.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be honest I don't know a thing about Persona. Is Joker a new character? As in was he around in 2015 when they started development or newer? Does anyone consider him a "shill" pick?
Well, he's representation of SMT/Persona series, both with have a very long relationship with Nintendo. Not many expected Joker, however, since no mainline Persona game is in a Nintendo console. Maybe we'll get the deluxe Persona 5 release on switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom