• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Joker is pretty nuts! As a man who has loved SMRPG since it came out, since I was a child, and who's favorite game is SMRPG, I think everyone claiming "literally who" and "weeb ****" while supporting Geno is being really trashy.
Sorry m8 I'm just stating how I see this character and how I think other people might look at this character

Xigger

Smash Lord
I have to admit, for DLC decisions a Persona character is a pretty good pick. It shows we're getting far-reaching characters, and anyone really can get in! Rumours and Leaks aside, this raises my hopes for Geno more.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, awards are over, which sources can we disregard now? Many said no Smash news in VGA.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I like how left field this pick is and how nobody really would have guessed it, even though I don't know anything about Persona. Happy for the people who wanted Joker because I've certainly heard people talk about it. Still holding out hope for those next slots.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
My best friend got his mosted wanted pick too..

Not gonna lie... As someone who has never played Persona or Shin Megami Tensei, even a dummy like me knows that the Joker is a really huge deal.

Persona/SMT was always in the back of my mind as a potential Sega rep, but I just never really felt like the series warranted major consideration. I'm actually glad to be wrong. A great character and a wonderful new Sega rep.

Good job, Nintendo!

Last edited:

Pristine

Smash Cadet
Didn't Reggie say that all newcomers would be "one's you wouldn't anticipate"? Could've heard wrong though, albeit that's what's stated on Gamespot.

D

Deleted member

You know, what is good about this is that Geno doesn't gave to be revealed right after PP!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm going to be honest I don't know a thing about Persona. Is Joker a new character? As in was he around in 2015 when they started development or newer? Does anyone consider him a "shill" pick?
Game came out in Japan on September 15, 2016. Everywhere else was April 4, 2017.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Reggie say that all newcomers would be "one's you wouldn't anticipate"? Could've heard wrong though, albeit that's what's stated on Gamespot.
With Joker's announcement, I think 2B has catapulted to the front as SE rep. Recent game, incredible hit, very recognizable, company promoting it everywhere. Same situation as Joker.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
He lastly said the SE rep is a LOCK.
Didn't say it was first yes or yes..
So since a lot of people were wrong about "DQ rep on TGA"

Expect Geno even more guys! This is our time!
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77234619?jumpto=2#2

Here, found it. I'm pretty sure he said it a few other times as well.

"But yes I have said before that I heard the Square Enix character is the first DLC character from what I know."

I wonder what he'll say now. Outdated information?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So something to note about this is that Persona 5 was first announced way back in 2013 and didn't release till 2016. This puts more stock into the idea that DLC was chosen awhile ago rather than recently. Also it kind of disregards the idea of "shill picks" doesn't it?

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
That's the problem. Geno is a newcomer that every hardcore smash fan can anticipate...

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Too bad no Persona port to Switch. I would've liked to try it out personally. Also, I'm very surprised at the lack of Metroid Prime/Bayonetta. I guess they aren't as far along in development as I thought.

Based on what Reggie said, I bet the DLC lineup is only 3rd parties. Joker wasn't a shill choice, though, so I think that DLC is off to a good start in that regard.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I gotta say I have no idea what Geno's chances could be now

So keep up the hype gam.

As Reggie said "DLC is going to be characters people don't expect"

And all the people that have been coming in an saying "Geno's never gonna make it". Hell, even I doubt him.

Well, expectations are out the door now.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Good thing I was right in saying I wasn't 100% sure on VGAs LOL. The thing that was implied to my source did not happen which is exactly why I said it wasn't 100%. I explained to many people in DMs the circumstances surrounding it and why I thought what he saw implied something at the VGAs. Otherwise, this would've blown up in my face after all.

I'll be straight up and say that everything here was a major surprise for me. This was INCREDIBLE. Joker was cloud-tier for me, I thought he'd be impossible... I'm so extremely happy right now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wrong thread.

Just gonna say I'm shocked we have no idea what to expect now.

Last edited:

XIZiggi

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty meh on this. I liked P4 more than P5, if Yu is an alt costume I'll be happy. I've finally gotten burned 2 times too many, so eff "leakers". All have been proven wrong so far. You don't have contacts, and if you actually do, Nintendo is taking every precaution to keep the information hidden. We won't know what's out until Nintendo wants us to know, time to swallow that pill

ZelDan

Smash Master
While I played SMTIV on the 3DS, I never played any Persona game, so Joker doesn't do anything for me at all except maybe point towards a Persona 5 port for Switch.

It wasn't Steve atleast I guess lol.

Last edited:

Pristine

Smash Cadet
With Joker's announcement, I think 2B has catapulted to the front as SE rep. Recent game, incredible hit, very recognizable, company promoting it everywhere. Same situation as Joker.
Her DLC in Soul Caliber 6 is kinda recent though. Doubt SE would want to use her again.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5, characters that you wouldn't anticipate to be in Smash Bros Ultimate"

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
This has revived a lot of my long dead hype. Joker is a cool pick, and makes me realize nintendo isn't just using this for their own product placement, which is awesome.

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
Personally that was underwhelming as I have no connection with Persona or Joker but I understand this is a big thing for some and that Persona/Shinmigami tensei is a big franchise so I respect the decision.

At least Joker makes this a lot more interesting as nobody would’ve expected this

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5, characters that you wouldn't anticipate to be in Smash Bros Ultimate"
Well i don't anticipate actually getting Geno, so, net gain?

D

Deleted member

Waitwaitwait, wasn't it said that all the DLC fighters would represent new series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom