• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's just that Jon specifically has had accurate predictions, like Ridley finally being playable, Isabelle coming as her own character, FF 7, 9, 10, and another FF game (can't remember the name) coming to the switch, and not FF 8, an Epic Yarn port coming to the 3DS in 2018, and he "predicts" that Geno will be playable, I think it is more evidence towards his inclusion, especially combined with all the other evidence we have so far
But Spawnwave has a 100% track record of leaks so far. He's honestly gotten more right than Jon. Jon definitely has inside info, but Spawnwave is a known insider as well. And Hitagi has Vergeban's official approval. So basically, even if we assume Jon's statements about Geno come from a source and aren't just speculation like shadow, which is a big assumption, then we have three very credible leakers saying three different Square enix reps. The reason we have that is because we know square uses leak bait. We can't just assume Spawnwave and Hitagi (Also Verg who has heard several names) have all been fed leak bait while Jon happens to have the right name. With the square rep I just feel like we shouldn't put too much faith in any one leak unless multiple insiders corroborate it.

D

Deleted member

But Spawnwave has a 100% track record of leaks so far. He's honestly gotten more right than Jon. Jon definitely has inside info, but Spawnwave is a known insider as well. And Hitagi has Vergeban's official approval. So basically, even if we assume Jon's statements about Geno come from a source and aren't just speculation like shadow, which is a big assumption, then we have three very credible leakers saying three different Square enix reps. The reason we have that is because we know square uses leak bait. We can't just assume Spawnwave and Hitagi (Also Verg who has heard several names) have all been fed leak bait while Jon happens to have the right name. With the square rep I just feel like we shouldn't put too much faith in any one leak unless multiple insiders corroborate it.
That's a fair way of looking at it, I suppose

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I did not mean it that way, but it was the best way to word it. Also, I don't think Geno can posses living things, so it is not entirely perfect.
The fighters are figures in a sense, aren't they? Although when it comes to spirits used by real fighters, it seems to be more of a symbiotic relationship than possession.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
If Geno is our Square rep, here's what I think we should get from his DLC pack:

DLC Pack 1
Newcomer: Geno

Stage: Vista Hill
Why Vista Hill? Well, not many know the name of this area, but this has got to be one of the most recognized areas in all of Super Mario RPG, right next to recognition with the Forest Maze. Remember that this area is literally on the box art of the game, it's even on the title screen. Mario just going to Vista Hill and staring at Bowser's Keep from a far distance, along with a jump, is such a historical area and moment to Super Mario RPG. Having Bowser's Keep with Exor in the background when you fight? That would be so awesome. There are even stages with castles in the background, such as Peach's Castle 64, Bridge of Eldin, EVEN ULTIMATE'S BATTLEFIELD! I think we should keep Vista Hill the way it looks because some stages completely stay to their original looks, including the ones with 16-bit sprites, so Super Mario RPG's stage should stay with its original look. Forest Maze would be nice, but I would prefer to fight on Vista Hill because that hill alone practically represents Super Mario RPG, and fighting with Exor in the background would look so awesome. If Sakurai can manage to pull this off, maybe at a certain time, Exor can fall from the sky and land in Bowser's Keep with a huge, shattering quake and just stays there, watching us fight... oh man, that would be chills and awesome. The background could change as well, from being a red-cloudy sky or shifting into the black and blue aurora flash with the darkened sky.

Don't worry about these spoilers, these are just the visuals of Vista Hill. I made them in spoilers so they wouldn't take up so much space.

Music Tracks:
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Remix)
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (OG)
Fight Against Koopa (Remix)
Fight Against an Armed Boss
Fight Against Monsters
Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster
Still, the Road is Full of Dangers!
Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure
Let's Go Down the Wine River (Optional)
Slope (Optional)

I am hoping that the Beware the Forest's Mushrooms remix gets a similar remix like Gangplank Galleon and the new Delfino Plaza remix, such as more sped up and exciting. These soundtracks would be much easier to get than the Final Fantasy VII tracks because the FF7 composer is very strict and expensive to make a deal with, hence why we only still have two tracks, and even Square has a difficult time getting soundtracks off the FF7 composer because he isn't affiliated with Square anymore. Yoko Shimomura is the SMRPG composer, and she already has her soundtrack in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, so getting these soundtracks from her and Square shouldn't be too difficult at all.

This is what I think we should get. If any of you guys have suggestions, I would like to hear. :)
This would be a great set of things for his pack! I don't mind his stage being at all a different one from Forest Maze lol.

D

Deleted member

What about Geno's stage being Bowser's Keep? We don't have a Bowser castle stage yet. I would totally be happy with any stage tho, just as long as we get Geno :)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What about Geno's stage being Bowser's Keep? We don't have a Bowser castle stage yet. I would totally be happy with any stage tho, just as long as we get Geno :)
That would be perfect honestly. I saw someone mention that idea with Exor appearing as a stage hazard. If there's one Mario RPG character as iconic as Geno it's Exor, so it would be really cool to have him in there. I think that would probably be the most interesting location from the game to use. And like you said, somehow we still don't have a Bowser's castle stage.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
To my knowledge he didn't specifically say that.

He replied to someone asking about Sora at the game awards and gave the response "Would people like that?"
Wait really? If that's true then I've been taking **** from Sora fans for no reason. I could've sworn he specifically said it, but now that I think about it I just assumed it was true because everyone agreed on it and didn't check the actual post myself. That's actually really good news!

D

Deleted member

Wait really? If that's true then I've been taking **** from Sora fans for no reason. I could've sworn he specifically said it, but now that I think about it I just assumed it was true because everyone agreed on it and didn't check the actual post myself. That's actually really good news!
Lol, it really is. My gosh I really don't want Sora

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I don't know if he said anything else

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I've been an avid spawnwave fan for other a year. I will provide some insight. He is NOT a leaker. Stealth simply gave him some info.

For reference, when stealth tweeted a day before the final direcr was announced, he tagged spawn with a wink. Additionally, our leaker boy Liam actually tweeted to stealth saying stealth KNEW of everything in the final direct (but didnt share it out of dms.) With stealth implying hes shared info with Spawn, and Liam admitting stealth knew everything, it just looks like Stealth is feeding him some stuff. Spawn has never ever claimed to be a leaker before and hes actually pretty damn small compared to many other channels. He simply is friends with Stealth. (Additionally, stealth has implied he shared a circle personally with , tweeting "No insiders trust Verge with info anymore. He would take our info and open his mouth when he shouldnt have."
Funnily enoughed, i actually convinced stealth to say some of this to me in DMs. For privacy i wont post them here, but I can share some evidence in dms if you wish. I'm going to bed soon so it'd likely be in the morning.

All in all, i'd say don't put much stock into what spawn has recently said. Stealth himself said he "doesnt have a clue" on any dlc besides geno and banjo.

Besides verifying that I have a source to users in this thread such as Rummy and fatmanonice, i also used to chat with loz18 and stealth. In fact, my server was the one loz18 had the tantrum in and got banned for being found out as a phony. I hope i can give you more juicy info on leakers soon..

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Lol, it really is. My gosh I really don't want Sora
Honestly, I don't have anything against Kingdom hearts. But the Sora support thread only has like 12 pages. And that's after the game awards rumors. We have hundreds. Literally the only reason Sora would be in over Geno is for an arbitrary "internet breaking reveal".

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
All in all, i'd say don't put much stock into what spawn has recently said. Stealth himself said he "doesnt have a clue" on any dlc besides geno and banjo.
I remember hearing about Banjo and Geno being confirmed as the first two DLC waves, is this really true? I remember hearing about something similar to this info on Twitter, stating that a Japanese leaker confirmed Geno as the 1st DLC, and his trailer would show up next month.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't have anything against Kingdom hearts. But the Sora support thread only has like 12 pages. And that's after the game awards rumors. We have hundreds. Literally the only reason Sora would be in over Geno is for an arbitrary "internet breaking reveal".
Exactly. Tbh, I don't think Sora is happening. Mario doesn't have a cameo in a new Wreckit-Ralph movie, and he was planned to. Disney and Universal are huge rivals, and Universal and Nintendo are supporting each other

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I've been an avid spawnwave fan for other a year. I will provide some insight. He is NOT a leaker. Stealth simply gave him some info.

For reference, when stealth tweeted a day before the final direcr was announced, he tagged spawn with a wink. Additionally, our leaker boy Liam actually tweeted to stealth saying stealth KNEW of everything in the final direct (but didnt share it out of dms.) With stealth implying hes shared info with Spawn, and Liam admitting stealth knew everything, it just looks like Stealth is feeding him some stuff. Spawn has never ever claimed to be a leaker before and hes actually pretty damn small compared to many other channels. He simply is friends with Stealth. (Additionally, stealth has implied he shared a circle personally with , tweeting "No insiders trust Verge with info anymore. He would take our info and open his mouth when he shouldnt have."
Funnily enoughed, i actually convinced stealth to say some of this to me in DMs. For privacy i wont post them here, but I can share some evidence in dms if you wish. I'm going to bed soon so it'd likely be in the morning.

Besides verifying that I have a source to users in this thread such as Rummy and fatmanonice, i also used to chat with loz18 and stealth. In fact, my server was the one loz18 had the tantrum in and got banned for being found out as a phony. I hope i can give you more juicy info on leakers soon..
I didn't know all that. Thanks for keeping me informed! What exactly did stealth say about Geno and Banjo? I didn't hear about that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Exactly. Tbh, I don't think Sora is happening. Mario doesn't have a cameo in a new Wreckit-Ralph movie, and he was planned to. Disney and Universal are huge rivals, and Universal and Nintendo are supporting each other
Really? Are they that petty?

D

Deleted member

I remember hearing about Banjo and Geno being confirmed as the first two DLC waves, is this really true? I remember hearing about something similar to this info on Twitter, stating that a Japanese leaker confirmed Geno as the 1st DLC, and his trailer would show up next month.
I need it now

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'd be really happy for his fans if he did get in (at least the ones who aren't annoying about it) just because it's a crazy dream come true when you're most wanted is a never ever character and gets in. I know that feeling as a Ridley fan. But I'm much more okay with an unexpected third party character that has more to do with Nintendo. Like an Atlus rep. Kingdom hearts is less Nintendo than final fantasy is.

D

Deleted member

Really? Are they that petty?
Yeah. At one point, Disney said they would be fine with Sora in Smash, but that was sometime before it was confirmed that Mario wasn't going to have a cameo in the new Wreckit-Ralph. Either Nintendo denied the cameo or Disney denied the cameo. With Nintendo picking the DLC, it is very unlikely that they would choose Sora, especially when they could choose Geno, the only Square Enix rep along with Mallow who would benefit them

D

Deleted member

I'd be really happy for his fans if he did get in (at least the ones who aren't annoying about it) just because it's a crazy dream come true when you're most wanted is a never ever character and gets in. I know that feeling as a Ridley fan. But I'm much more okay with an unexpected third party character that has more to do with Nintendo. Like an Atlus rep. Kingdom hearts is less Nintendo than final fantasy is.
The thing about Sora fans (for me, at least) is that they are so toxic. A while back, I thought Sora would be pretty cool in Smash (Geno was still my most wanted at that time and still is now). Over time, Sora fans have just been saying "Geno doesn't deserve to be in" "He isn't a necessary edition" "He is irrelevant." This just makes me not want Sora at all lol

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
The thing about Sora fans (for me, at least) is that they are so toxic. A while back, I thought Sora would be pretty cool in Smash (Geno was still my most wanted at that time and still is now). Over time, Sora fans have just been saying "Geno doesn't deserve to be in" "He isn't a necessary edition" "He is irrelevant." This just makes me not want Sora at all lol
I'd like to share this, as well. I've also had quite a few Sora fans diss me for wanting Geno in Smash, and I don't even start anything with them either. The moment I say I want Geno, I get harassed by them just for wanting Geno in Smash; there's two Sora fans that I seriously despise and always start these BS arguments with me between Sora and Geno. Zach E. and I talked before on YouTube and told me he had an argument with a Sora fan saying that Sora's been requested longer and more than Geno, which is absolutely incorrect, because Geno's been wanted since the Melee and Brawl days. (pre-Brawl for me.) I'm just over Sora fans, and it's quite interesting to see Sora fans want him in Smash, considering that most of his fans aren't even Nintendo fans, they're from Sony or Microsoft that's bandwagoning on the Smash hype, pretending to be a Nintendo fan... it makes me sick.

I have nothing against Sora's respectful/true fans. I feel very bad for them because there are a lot of bad Sora fans out there making the respectful ones look bad; this is also why a lot of Geno's fans are considered "toxic" because Geno's completely new fans from this year are quite persistent. Also, the reason why some of the old Geno fans are toxic is probably because they've been constantly harassed by Sora's fans, I mean, a lot of us have been waiting for over 10 years, some 17 years, much longer than Sora fans! It gets really tiring after so long, but after almost two decades of waiting for Geno, now is the perfect time to add him in Smash. If Geno made it in Smash, Geno would definitely be appearing in future Nintendo titles. Hopefully Nintendo buys Geno and Mallow from Square, that way they can always be in Smash, appear in future Mario RPGs, or even be playable characters in future Mario sports games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like to share this, as well. I've also had quite a few Sora fans diss me for wanting Geno in Smash, and I don't even start anything with them either. The moment I say I want Geno, I get harassed by them just for wanting Geno in Smash; there's two Sora fans that I seriously despise and always start these BS arguments with me between Sora and Geno. Zach E. and I talked before on YouTube and told me he had an argument with a Sora fan saying that Sora's been requested longer and more than Geno, which is absolutely incorrect, because Geno's been wanted since the Melee and Brawl days. (pre-Brawl for me.) I'm just over Sora fans, and it's quite interesting to see Sora fans want him in Smash, considering that most of his fans aren't even Nintendo fans, they're from Sony or Microsoft that's bandwagoning on the Smash hype, pretending to be a Nintendo fan... it makes me sick.

I have nothing against Sora's respectful/true fans. I feel very bad for them because there are a lot of bad Sora fans out there making the respectful ones look bad; this is also why a lot of Geno's fans are considered "toxic" because Geno's completely new fans from this year are quite persistent. Also, the reason why some of the old Geno fans are toxic is probably because they've been constantly harassed by Sora's fans, I mean, a lot of us have been waiting for over 10 years, some 17 years, much longer than Sora fans! It gets really tiring after so long, but after almost two decades of waiting for Geno, now is the perfect time to add him in Smash. If Geno made it in Smash, Geno would definitely be appearing in future Nintendo titles. Hopefully Nintendo buys Geno and Mallow from Square, that way they can always be in Smash, appear in future Mario RPGs, or even be playable characters in future Mario sports games.
100% Agree with you. Sora fans need to chill, especially when it comes to the point of harassing someone over wanting their character. I am indeed a fairly new Geno fan, I played SMRPG this summer, and Geno is the only new character I have ever truly needed in a Smash game. Every Smash game before this, I would just be sad that some of the characters were cut from the roster, Now, that isn't an issue lol, and I really want Geno

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
If Geno is our Square rep, here's what I think we should get from his DLC pack:

DLC Pack 1

Stage: Vista Hill
Why Vista Hill? Well, not many know the name of this area, but this has got to be one of the most recognized areas in all of Super Mario RPG, right next to recognition with the Forest Maze. Remember that this area is literally on the box art of the game, it's even on the title screen. Mario just going to Vista Hill and staring at Bowser's Keep from a far distance, along with a jump, is such a historical area and moment to Super Mario RPG. Having Bowser's Keep with Exor in the background when you fight? That would be so awesome. There are even stages with castles in the background, such as Peach's Castle 64, Bridge of Eldin, EVEN ULTIMATE'S BATTLEFIELD! I think we should keep Vista Hill the way it looks because some stages completely stay to their original looks, including the ones with 16-bit sprites, so Super Mario RPG's stage should stay with its original look. Forest Maze would be nice, but I would prefer to fight on Vista Hill because that hill alone practically represents Super Mario RPG, and fighting with Exor in the background would look so awesome. If Sakurai can manage to pull this off, maybe at a certain time, Exor can fall from the sky and land in Bowser's Keep with a huge, shattering quake and just stays there, watching us fight... oh man, that would be chills and awesome. The background could change as well, from being a red-cloudy sky or shifting into the black and blue aurora flash with the darkened sky.

Don't worry about these spoilers, these are just the visuals of Vista Hill. I made them in spoilers so they wouldn't take up so much space.

Music Tracks:
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Remix)
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (OG)
Fight Against Koopa (Remix)
Fight Against an Armed Boss
Fight Against Monsters
Still, the Road is Full of Dangers!
Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure
Let's Go Down the Wine River (Optional)
Slope (Optional)

I am hoping that the Beware the Forest's Mushrooms remix gets a similar remix like Gangplank Galleon and the new Delfino Plaza remix, such as more sped up and exciting. These soundtracks would be much easier to get than the Final Fantasy VII tracks because the FF7 composer is very strict and expensive to make a deal with, hence why we only still have two tracks, and even Square has a difficult time getting soundtracks off the FF7 composer because he isn't affiliated with Square anymore. Yoko Shimomura is the SMRPG composer, and she already has her soundtrack in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, so getting these soundtracks from her and Square shouldn't be too difficult at all.

This is what I think we should get. If any of you guys have suggestions, I would like to hear. :)
I really love the idea of us coming together to mock-up what we think we could see. I gave it a shot, see if you're into it!

DLC Pack 1

Geno has finally joined the brawl! His timed hits mechanic allows him to shoot his opponents to the stars when attacks are timed at just the right moment! His Final Smash, Geno Flash, transforms his doll form into a cannon, shooting his true, star form into the center of the stage as it grows rapidly. Anyone who gets too close will be caught in an intense explosion!

Stage: Factory
Through the dimensional gateway of Exor, Smithy's Factory awaits!
The platforms in this stage are conveyor belts, which can sometimes move one direction or another in an attempt to throw off fighters. Smelter also makes an appearance as a hazard; make sure you aren't in the path of his molten metal!
Many bosses will also appear in this stage, including Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, the Axem Rangers, and even Smithy himself!

Music Tracks:
Weapons Factory (Remix)
Weapons Factory
Fight Against Bowser (Original)
Fight Against an Armed Boss (Remix)
Fight Against an Armed Boss (Original)
Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms (Remix)
Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms (Original)
Fight Against Smithy (Remix)
Fight Against Smithy (Original)
Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming

Free Bonus!
Alongside the release of DLC Pack 1's anticipated content, a free bonus to buyers will also be introduced!

Spirits from Super Mario RPG have arrived!
The cast of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars has arrived! Use Spirits like Jonathan Jones and the Axem Rangers to boost your stats in battle, or add magical properties to your attacks with Frogfucius or Belome!

There are now 60 total Assist Trophies!
Mallow from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars joins Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as an Assist Trophy! His HP Rain will heal you with a cloud above your head, but opponents who get too close to you or Mallow receive an electrifying shock from Shocker!

D

Deleted member

I really love the idea of us coming together to mock-up what we think we could see. I gave it a shot, see if you're into it!

DLC Pack 1

Geno has finally joined the brawl! His timed hits mechanic allows him to shoot his opponents to the stars when attacks are timed at just the right moment! His Final Smash, Geno Flash, transforms his doll form into a cannon, shooting his true, star form into the center of the stage as it grows rapidly. Anyone who gets too close will be caught in an intense explosion!

The platforms in this stage are conveyor belts, which can sometimes move one direction or another in an attempt to throw off fighters. Smelter also makes an appearance as a hazard; make sure you aren't in the path of his molten metal!
Many bosses will also appear in this stage, including Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, the Axem Rangers, and even Smithy himself!

Music Tracks:
Weapons Factory (Remix)
Weapons Factory

Free Bonus!
Alongside the release of DLC Pack 1's anticipated content, a free bonus to buyers will also be introduced!

The cast of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars has arrived! Use Spirits like Jonathan Jones and the Axem Rangers to boost your stats in battle, or add magical properties to your attacks with Frogfucius or Belome!

Mallow from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars joins Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as an Assist Trophy! His HP Rain will heal you with a cloud above your head, but opponents who get too close to you or Mallow receive an electrifying shock from Shocker!
This just goes to show that the possibilities of the music and stages in a pack with Geno are endless. Really nice stage idea and concept :)

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

DLC Pack 1

Music Tracks:
Weapons Factory (Remix)
Weapons Factory

Free Bonus!

I'm in love and I'm lovin' it. I thought about going over Geno's moveset, but I thought I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on his movesets instead. I also like the idea of a Fight Against an Armed Boss remix, and with an official remix by Yoko, I think she can do it! Well done, Slender. I've seen you on quite a few Super Mario RPG videos myself! :)

Smithy's Factory would be such an excellent choice for a stage.

Last edited:

KnightShift44

Smash Rookie
Pretty cool. It is certainly an iconic local(Despite the lack of discussion about it) and it would include one of the most iconic parts of the game, Exor stabbed into Bowser's Keep, in all of its glory.
You forgot ‘Goodbye Geno’ !

https://youtu.be/TffGZpMLJpE

This song was Geno saying thanks for the adventure guys. Here’s some fantastically melancholy music to remember me by for 22 years until I come back in a game called Smash Brothers that wasn’t even created when I blessed Nintendo in 96’. Oh yeah and a composer for super mario rpg will write music for that series too.

Side note: hoping for a Mewtwo/pikachu nair for our boy!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah. At one point, Disney said they would be fine with Sora in Smash, but that was sometime before it was confirmed that Mario wasn't going to have a cameo in the new Wreckit-Ralph. Either Nintendo denied the cameo or Disney denied the cameo. With Nintendo picking the DLC, it is very unlikely that they would choose Sora, especially when they could choose Geno, the only Square Enix rep along with Mallow who would benefit them
Being completely fair, we don’t know if anyone denied the cameo. Mario was also planned to appear in the first Wreck-It Ralph, but Rich Moore (the director) didn’t include him because he felt he had to make him a big deal and couldn’t within the story structure. With the sequel taking place within the Internet, and a lot of cameos for Disney characters being thrown around, I can see Mario getting lost in the shuffle as well, and thus cut for the same reason.

Also, to the argument that Nintendo and Disney are now enemies because of Nintendo’s association with Universal, have you seen the collaboration ads they’ve been doing with Microsoft? They certainly aren’t against working with the competition.

D

Deleted member

I'm in love and I'm lovin' it. I thought about going over Geno's moveset, but I thought I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on his movesets instead. I also like the idea of a Fight Against an Armed Boss remix, and with an official remix by Yoko, I think she can do it! Well done, Slender. I've seen you on quite a few Super Mario RPG videos myself! :)

Smithy's Factory would be such an excellent choice for a stage.
Exactly, Smithy's factory would be awesome. I would love an Armed Boss remix, a Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger remix, and of course, a forest maze theme remix. For Geno's moveset, I think that his neutral B should be charging and firing Geno beam, side B is Geno whirl, up B is launching from a cannon. and down B is Geno boost. His final smash should involve Mallow coming in and using Thunderbolt while Geno uses Geno flash

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I can definitely relate. I feel like the issue with the Sora fanbase right now is that the idea of Sora in smash has been laughed off for so many years, and they've been a minority for so long due to him mostly being a PlayStation character, that all of a sudden they've got traction and he's considered likely by many, and some of them are letting it go to their heads. I don't think it would be nearly this bad if he wasn't considered a joke in this community for so long. I bet Cloud fans would have been the same way if he'd been heavily rumored before the announcement. That said, I do really feel for those who are respectful about it. It's gonna suck for them whether he gets in or not.

D

Deleted member

Being completely fair, we don’t know if anyone denied the cameo. Mario was also planned to appear in the first Wreck-It Ralph, but Rich Moore (the director) didn’t include him because he felt he had to make him a big deal and couldn’t within the story structure. With the sequel taking place within the Internet, and a lot of cameos for Disney characters being thrown around, I can see Mario getting lost in the shuffle as well, and thus cut for the same reason.

Also, to the argument that Nintendo and Disney are now enemies because of Nintendo’s association with Universal, have you seen the collaboration ads they’ve been doing with Microsoft? They certainly aren’t against working with the competition.
Nintendo and Microsoft are competitors, but they also have been getting along very well. Minecraft is on various Nintendo consoles, and Vergeben said that Minecraft will be represented in Ultimate. For Nintendo and Disney, they are competitors, but they don't have the best relationship to work together. Since Mario is not in Wreckit-Ralph and was originally planned to, then I don't see Disney putting their characters in Nintendo's games if Nintendo doesn't put their characters in Disney's movies, shows, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I can definitely relate. I feel like the issue with the Sora fanbase right now is that the idea of Sora in smash has been laughed off for so many years, and they've been a minority for so long due to him mostly being a PlayStation character, that all of a sudden they've got traction and he's considered likely by many, and some of them are letting it go to their heads. I don't think it would be nearly this bad if he wasn't considered a joke in this community for so long. I bet Cloud fans would have been the same way if he'd been heavily rumored before the announcement. That said, I do really feel for those who are respectful about it. It's gonna suck for them whether he gets in or not.
I agree with you, I would feel bad for the respectful Sora fans

Xigger

Smash Lord
All of this information about company relations and reputations really deserves its own thread. That's our best bet for predicting third-party DLC fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom