• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

domriver

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcJ-wNmazHQ

This is it my Geno members. In less than 24 hours we will (more than likely) know Geno's fate. Let us hope all the things we have seen throughout this cycle of speculation and facts and stuff paves the entrance for our Possessed Doll that is Geno. Like many have said tears of joy or tears of sadness will happen. Im hoping for Tears of Joy. Good luck to ALL of us! Same with our comrades Issac and Banjo-Kazooie. I will be on a plane while this happens. LOL i gotta find a way how to see this LIVE. Ill manage some how. But yeah Ill post here (try) with my mobile device! i hate using mobile though for here. Anyways good luck once again to all of us. I hope tomorrow we will be rejoicing! For me after 15+ years of waiting.....

TBone06

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcJ-wNmazHQ

This is it my Geno members. In less than 24 hours we will (more than likely) know Geno's fate. Let us hope all the things we have seen throughout this cycle of speculation and facts and stuff paves the entrance for our Possessed Doll that is Geno. Like many have said tears of joy or tears of sadness will happen. Im hoping for Tears of Joy. Good luck to ALL of us! Same with our comrades Issac and Banjo-Kazooie. I will be on a plane while this happens. LOL i gotta find a way how to see this LIVE. Ill manage some how. But yeah Ill post here (try) with my mobile device! i hate using mobile though for here. Anyways good luck once again to all of us. I hope tomorrow we will be rejoicing! For me after 15+ years of waiting.....
A perfect timeline for me brings Geno, Isaac and Banjo/Kazooie. Anything on top of that is gravy. I’ve already spoke to my manager about tomorrow and I’m taking a floater day (vacation day that I can take whenever). Of course I didn’t tell him what the reasoning was.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
A perfect timeline for me brings Geno, Isaac and Banjo/Kazooie. Anything on top of that is gravy. I’ve already spoke to my manager about tomorrow and I’m taking a floater day (vacation day that I can take whenever). Of course I didn’t tell him what the reasoning was.
Kinda similar. I'm working from home tomorrow, and since tomorrow is going to be 90% meetings anyhow that I really won't have to participate much in...yeah. Worked out well haha

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
This is the one time I'm not going to believe Vergeben in this whole speculation. There's no f'ing way
lol I did something similar. I'm still going to work but I'm going to a room so no one bothers me. My boss is so cool! Luckily he loves old video games like me!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Now's not the time to let so-called "insiders" get us down going into this final Direct. Now's the time to get hyped, and even if we don't get Geno, know that we had fun along the way!

TBone06

Smash Ace
Kinda similar. I'm working from home tomorrow, and since tomorrow is going to be 90% meetings anyhow that I really won't have to participate much in...yeah. Worked out well haha
This is the one time I'm not going to believe Vergeben in this whole speculation. There's no f'ing way

lol I did something similar. I'm still going to work but I'm going to a room so no one bothers me. My boss is so cool! Luckily he loves old video games like me!
Being old doesn’t completely suck! Having flexibility definitely is a plus. The way I looked at it was this may be the last time I can ever bask in the glory of a Smash Direct before launch. If I have the flexibility I might as well take it. I can’t see a new Smash within the next five years or so. That would put me at 32. Who knows where I’ll be at that age. So I might as well have some fun with it. Plus with vacation days, if you don’t use them, you lose them! So I may as well. That’s awesome you guys are able to make it work with your jobs too.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
So many leakers contradicting each other and fighting over who is right

I say we just ignore all of them and going back to hoping to see our favorites on Thursday

We're not going to gain anything trying to argue between which leaker is more reliable. And we've only got a little over 1 day left
Excuse me, do you mind me asking which leakers are contradicting each other?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Excuse me, do you mind me asking which leakers are contradicting each other?
Specific example is SpookyMystic saying Isaac is a playable character while Verg is saying he's nothing but an AT

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Best of luck Genos from Team Skull Kid! I know there’s been a lot of worry about whether the starsend savior will make it into the roster, but for what it’s worth, I’ve been convinced ever since Sakurai made him into a mii costume and mentioned he purchased a gundam toy to consult its gun for a Smash character. It’s obvious the Director has a soft spot for ya’ll, so I wouldn’t worry much. I think Geno is probably more likely than any other character at this point, which is awesome, for the little possessed doll to come such a long way, after all these years. You guys made this happen! I salute! Best of luck tomorrow!

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Okay everyone, we're entering the final stretch. It's make-or-break time for this iteration of Smash.

Let me just say before tomorrow comes that it's been a wild ride with you all. The Geno community's active, involved, organized, and a lot of fun, and it reminded me why I like games again.

Remember that we made it so very far from where the community was a few years ago. A few years ago, the Geno community was a broken, demoralized mess. Everybody was about to give up -- but you all found the courage to continue plodding on despite discouragement, doubts and disappointment, and that's something most of humanity cannot say for themselves. You all have the steadfast, dogged determination of warriors and kings. It is one of the most important traits to have in life -- the ability to not give up. And look where it has taken us -- where a few years ago Geno fans were laughed at and the majority hid out of fear and self-doubt, now the community is on the verge of seeing their dream come true. After much hard work and strife, we could actually see Geno, a long-forgotten but beloved character, come out of copyright hell and back in the Nintendo scene where he belongs tomorrow.

Remember that we made it here with brains, guts, and togetherness. I have the utmost faith in you, in us, in our community, that our petitions and letters and wishes will bear fruit. You must believe that too.

Gentlemen, it's been an honor.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think he's in. Out of all the characters on the leak, he's the only one the insiders aren't outright de-confirming. Take that as you will. We also still have the "Square rep" confirmation for months, and I don't think Sora is in the game.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Being old doesn’t completely suck! Having flexibility definitely is a plus. The way I looked at it was this may be the last time I can ever bask in the glory of a Smash Direct before launch. If I have the flexibility I might as well take it. I can’t see a new Smash within the next five years or so. That would put me at 32. Who knows where I’ll be at that age. So I might as well have some fun with it. Plus with vacation days, if you don’t use them, you lose them! So I may as well. That’s awesome you guys are able to make it work with your jobs too.
If you wanna know, it was my boss that told me about the Grunch leak lol. He scooped me!

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well, these are my best wishes for the Geno supporters. And maybe... if Geno's in... then, so are... the Chorus Kids? I am looking forward to see Super Mario RPG's puppet finally live up in Smash tomorrow.

-a Chorus Kids supporter

GoldenBoy01

Smash Rookie
Hey all! I'm just popping over from the Isaac board where people are coming over to wish us luck and I thought I would return the favor. While I never thoroughly played SMRPG, I know lots of people who love it, and I really hope we can all get lucky tomorrow!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, there is a Mario RPG reference in (this game we're not supposed to talk about for 24 hours)

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
quick reminder to everyone. if you see the Geno costume in the direct don't freak out. they are porting most things from the WiiU game to ultimate so it's likely to show up again regardless if Geno is in or not. heck even if Sakurai says Geno isn't in after showing his costume I wouldn't buy it because he might troll us so we don't expect the reveal when it happens.

I'm gonna stay off smashboards until the direct in case of any more spoilers (and to avoid any of the drama as it looks like all the fake leakers are trying to make a stir to freak people out) enjoy your Halloween everyone and good luck to our boy Geno tomorrow!

Final prediction. opening the direct with incineroar and Ken. then revealing Shadow and Dixie as the other 2 echo fighters. and then we end the direct with the Geno reveal

Sinn

Smash Lord
I haven't been actively participating during this round of character speculation, but I did back during Brawl, and even a bit during Smash 4. That said, Geno has always been my most wanted character. I've lurked around here, followed everything on YouTube, and I'll be watching tomorrow with my fingers crossed along with the rest of you. It feels likely. I've got faith. And I'm excited.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
gah, this is kinda stressful. geno probably has a way better chance getting in than most characters, but im still nervous he wont get in. ive wanted this dummy since i got smash 4 (which was a bit after i played smrpg for the first time) and him not getting in would honestly be crushing, especially if this is supposed to be the ultimate or final smash bros

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
331 post to get to 10,000 before tomorrow morning? Possible? Yes. Probable? Depends entirely how fast the hype train is going in the next few hours. We have a little over 17 hours until the Direct, so that'd be a fairly unprecedented number of posts in such a short time. That said, with all of the confusion in the community and the insiders running all over the place, it very well might happen!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
So on this eve of potential Geno inclusion I took a moment to reflect on my history and went through the archives to find my very first post on the very first Official Geno thread. November 17th 2006. Page 35.

"https://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-geno-thread.72298/page-35#post-1905649"

I posted a link to the Rawest forest version song as Geno's theme music. heh heh. =) It's been a long road. I hope dearly our destination is near.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Popping in from the Shantae thread wishing you guys luck for tomorrow!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
So on this eve of potential Geno inclusion I took a moment to reflect on my history and went through the archives to find my very first post on the very first Official Geno thread. November 17th 2006. Page 35.

"https://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-geno-thread.72298/page-35#post-1905649"

I posted a link to the Rawest forest version song as Geno's theme music. heh heh. =) It's been a long road. I hope dearly our destination is near.
i didnt know geno until a bit before sm4sh so i havent been on this hype train very long (or even on this forum for it very long) but damn, it really does feel like it might be it. theres so much pointing to geno, even with insider info hes the only one that hasnt been outright deconfirmed, plus all the stuff sakurai has said in geno's favor.. its just too good to be true it feels like. id be shocked if geno didnt get in

TBone06

Smash Ace

It's amazing how crappy my writing was. I was 16-18 at the time, but I just feel like my vocabulary was garbage. Man, I'm glad I grew up and learned what grammar was.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
man im reading through that old thread, people sure got salty about the brawl roster LOL

isn't it funny how brawl and smash 4 got big leaks that we're hated by the majority

now with this leak it seems like it's loved by the majority, i really hope the grinch is true

Teeb147

Smash Legend
man im reading through that old thread, people sure got salty about the brawl roster LOL

isn't it funny how brawl and smash 4 got big leaks that we're hated by the majority

now with this leak it seems like it's loved by the majority, i really hope the grinch is true
I say geno is true, but grinch leak not so true.
Who's to say. Not long now tho :)

link2702

Smash Champion
Ima finish this run of smrpg then finish reading 20k leagues under the sea before tomorrow’s direct, I’d say that would be a decent way to pass the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom