• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
"Nintendo is working alongside Square Enix on their side of things to do all they can to keep the actual character from leaking ahead of time." - Vergeben

This actually further help me believe Geno will still be in despite the box/card theory. leaving Geno off the box definitely sounds like a procaution included in "All they can"
ALSO thing about this card. it's a download code for the game. why is there a card for this? because they are selling the smash switch bundle on November 2nd! that has to be what that card is for. likely that is the final form of that card and it's already in production. meaning it's not even gonna have incineroar and Ken on it! so it really means nothing.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
When I see how tight-knit the Issac and Geno communities are, yet how we are still technically rivals, it reminds me of this.

I honestly never expected us and the Isaac bros to end up at that point, but I like it. It keeps things lively. :)

Isaac vs Geno tournament would be fun afterwards (been a while since we brought that up haha)

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
"Nintendo is working alongside Square Enix on their side of things to do all they can to keep the actual character from leaking ahead of time." - Vergeben

This actually further help me believe Geno will still be in despite the box/card theory. leaving Geno off the box definitely sounds like a procaution included in "All they can"
ALSO thing about this card. it's a download code for the game. why is there a card for this? because they are selling the smash switch bundle on November 2nd! that has to be what that card is for. likely that is the final form of that card and it's already in production. meaning it's not even gonna have incineroar and Ken on it! so it really means nothing.
Yeah, I kept thinking about this too. I honestly don't expect the WHOLE roster on the promotional materials we've seem, just most of it. Especially with what Vergeben is now saying.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
oh boy this is looking bad

from vergeben

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77060095?jumpto=136#136

Geno is someone practically everyone is predicting and expecting. Meaning that they internally probably do not take that one as seriously as names they themselves have been putting out to employees.
That's not to say that he isn't a name on their list of characters they have been telling people it is though.
thats points for sora being the square rep

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys believe Geno will get his own stage? And what about an Amiibo? I would love to have an Amiibo of Geno.
Geno + Stage + Amiibo + AT + Songs Remix = I can die in peace

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Yeah, I kept thinking about this too. I honestly don't expect the WHOLE roster on the promotional materials we've seem, just most of it. Especially with what Vergeben is now saying.
All this means is that leaks are so saturated with Geno that if someone internally does leak him, they'll likely never know since it's just a drop in the bucket.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
oh boy this is looking bad

from vergeben

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77060095?jumpto=136#136

thats points for sora being the square rep
That's his speculation. It means nothing; he uses the word "probably."

I doubt he'd know what Square is thinking. You can also take it as "welp, Geno is so speculated, we don't care if his name leaks lol" even if he does know.
I think that you guys get it wrong. He is not talking about character chances to get in the game. What he is saying is "Every employee got a random name from Square Enix, and so, if a specific name gets leaked then Square will know who leaked this name and fire him. But some characters, like Geno, are so popular that anyone could fake leak Geno (even if they do not work in Square), then probably no employee will be fired for leaking this famous characters."
So I do not believe any of this has anything to do with Geno's chace to get into the game.

Klimax

Smash Ace
It's just a neutral statement.
if a credible leaker leaks Geno or a SE rep, Square Enix will find who gave the info and will fire him (because I think that at this point, we can consider that Vergeben has a source). And if the leak comes from someone else, SE will probably don't care since they know that most of the """leakers""" are just surfing on what Vergeben said.

Basically, the situation is not going to change, Vergeben is not going to say ANYTHING because he just can't talk without SE firing some people. And SE will not take other leakers seriously (just like the community).

So yeah, we're not going to have a leak about the Square Enix rep, you can bet on that. I don't really know how to explain it but yeah, I'm 100% sure that we're not getting a credible leak about the SE character. And I'm 500% sure that Vergeben is not going to give us a name (unless he's a guy who doesn't care about people's jobs).

Last edited:

KGB

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-7915-9476
Wow, this thread is old. Though it's really comforting to know people love this character as much as I do.

link2702

Smash Champion
I know I really shouldn’t be worried but that vague comment from verg does worry me a bit...sure it seems neutral, but it also does kinda feel for me a bit...idk the best word... ominous? It’s as if he’s telling us geno fans to not get our hopes up as it seems square might be throwing in someone totally unexpected.

Maybe I really do need to go back to lowering my expectations and the feeling of him being a near lock...

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Our main man papagenos papagenos spittin' fire in his last video. Makes a lot of great points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Nzk6FVP1k

Explains a lot of great points regarding the whole card thing today, box theory and the possibility of new information coming up.
Gah, I want to watch (gotta love a good papagenos papagenos video!), but I'm at work and I don't have the data...:urg:

Granted, I should probably be more concerned about being at work and not my data limit, but I sincerely don't care about my job, lol.

Definitely watching later, though.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Our main man papagenos papagenos spittin' fire in his last video. Makes a lot of great points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Nzk6FVP1k

Explains a lot of great points regarding the whole card thing today, box theory and the possibility of new information coming up.
yeah actually some of his points are starting to make me think that this card might actually DISCREDIT the box theory! because yeah Box theory runs on the idea that everyone in the game should be on this box. because they won't print it with missing characters. but the card is already out PROVING that they will print product that is missing characters!

NOTE!
The "new" banner has now been removed from the fighters icon on the site! An announcement may be close!
OKAY! here we go boys!
an update the the playlist is one thing, but that adds up to definitely something happening soon! (how soon was it removed from the sight before the isabelle reveal by the way?)
This is a pivotal moment! no matter what after this we should know if Box theory is alive or dead! either it's all out and we get everyone or it's just Incineroar. but if incineroar is shown by himself and there is no full direct or no mention of it being the last character than we are in the clear! and than that SE character will likely be base and we all know it's most likely gonna be us!

Last edited:

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
If Geno gets in, what would you guys think if Black Mage turned out to be an echo fighter for Geno?

TBone06

Smash Ace
Gah, I want to watch (gotta love a good papagenos papagenos video!), but I'm at work and I don't have the data...:urg:

Granted, I should probably be more concerned about being at work and not my data limit, but I sincerely don't care about my job, lol.

Definitely watching later, though.
100% worth watching. It'll give you something to look forward to when you get home!

yeah actually some of his points are starting to make me think that this card might actually DISCREDIT the box theory! because yeah Box theory runs on the idea that everyone in the game should be on this box. because they won't print it with missing characters. but the card is already out PROVING that they will print product that is missing characters!
I thought this exactly! I thought it was a brilliant point. The card being printed now proves 100% that they are willing to put out material without the full roster on it. I think it's a huge blow to Box Theory.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, I'm from the Isaac thread. Let us fight with honor and celebrate our top 3 placement.

EDIT: So the pic was fake after all.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Hello everyone, I'm from the Isaac thread. Let us fight with honor and celebrate our top 3 placement... But I'm not here for that.

If I'm not allowed to post this, tell me and I'll delete this part ASAP:
https://i.imgur.com/a1HhueT.jpg
The O might be in a wrong size/font.
It is false, we already debunked this.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Do you guys believe Geno will get his own stage? And what about an Amiibo? I would love to have an Amiibo of Geno.
Geno + Stage + Amiibo + AT + Songs Remix = I can die in peace
Yes,
NOTE!
The "new" banner has now been removed from the fighters icon on the site! An announcement may be close!
:O

Last edited:
Honestly guys, I'm starting to get nervous. I know Geno still has a shot, but his chances feel like they're evaporating fast (mostly due to Vergeben's very vague comments and the fact that there's a non 0% chance of the Square Enix rep being Sora). I'm still holding out hope, though. Hope is the key.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly guys, I'm starting to get nervous. I know Geno still has a shot, but his chances feel like they're evaporating fast (mostly due to Vergeben's very vague comments and the fact that there's a non 0% chance of the Square Enix rep being Sora). I'm still holding out hope, though. Hope is the key.
Cross your fingers dude. We can survive this devastating time, but in the end it will turn out amazing and we will have Geno (hopefully)!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm not worried at all.

I'll be slightly miffed if Geno is pushed back to DLC but I'm expecting him to come either way. Considering we most likely have around 7-8 newcomers left (when including DLC in the count), I don't see how you can't sit back and feel confident. The competition is sparse and I can't imagine that we're going to get every single 3rd party character with a complex legal situation at the same time (Banjo - Microsoft; haves to be revived, Sora - Square and Disney, Dragon Quest - Square, Akira Toriyama and one other party I can't remember, etc.). Not saying they can't happen but there's a lot of hurdling involved with other 3rd parties; it's not as cut-and-dry as Geno is.

You just have to run through Square for Geno and it's a done deal. Hell, SMRPG doesn't even have any other extenuating issues with its licensing (such as its music; unlike Final Fantasy).

Just be patient, guys.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I'm not worried at all.

I'll be slightly miffed if Geno is pushed back to DLC but I'm expecting him to come either way. Considering we most likely have around 7-8 newcomers left (when including DLC in the count), I don't see how you can't sit back and feel confident. The competition is sparse and I can't imagine that we're going to get every single 3rd party character with a complex legal situation at the same time (Banjo - Microsoft; haves to be revived, Sora - Square and Disney, Dragon Quest - Square, Akira Toriyama and one other party I can't remember, etc.). Not saying they can't happen but there's a lot of hurdling involved with other 3rd parties; it's not as cut-and-dry as Geno is.

You just have to run through Square for Geno and it's a done deal. Hell, SMRPG doesn't even have any other extenuating issues with its licensing (such as its music; unlike Final Fantasy).

Just be patient, guys.
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
When did Verg say this? As far as I know if it was Sora they'd be going through Disney for legal purposes, not SE.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what had been going on with the removal of the "new" banner on the fighter icon. It could just be that Isabelle is no longer considered new. If you click on it, it still has her as the main big splash screen in the back with rotating out a few characters in between.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't know what had been going on with the removal of the "new" banner on the fighter icon. It could just be that Isabelle is no longer considered new. If you click on it, it still has her as the main big splash screen in the back with rotating out a few characters in between.
The last couple of times they removed the "New" tag we got a new character announcement within (I believe) 10 days. So I think it's fair to say that we'll be getting a newcomer soon.

Edit: I'm going to take a wild, out-there crazy man guess and say it's Incineroar.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Every fiber of my being would name Geno a lock if it weren't for Square Enix. But it's that company, man... As much as Geno is my most wanted, I still just cannot believe Square will do it. It also helps me from being AS disappointed if he doesn't make it...

Klimax

Smash Ace
Guys, Vergeben's statement is NOT negative, he just has to play it safe. This is just neutral as possible, he just stated a fact. Don't worry ! ;)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are people seriously doomsaying because Vergeben said some neutral statements that amount to "People want Geno but it's too obvious but I also still don't know anything?"

C'mon. Things are looking good. Don't fizzle now.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Every fiber of my being would name Geno a lock if it weren't for Square Enix. But it's that company, man... As much as Geno is my most wanted, I still just cannot believe Square will do it. It also helps me from being AS disappointed if he doesn't make it...
Same here, hopefully Square Enix won’t be stingy about his inclusion in Smash.

Kuroda Kyousuke

Smash Rookie
Vergeben seemed super neutral on that post. I don't want to over hype anyone, and yes we have the wonderful x factor that is Square-Enix that could completely block Geno's inclusion, but it just feels like Geno's moment. I'm utterly convinced he's happening, especially given the man that Sakurai is, and how aware he is of the fanbase.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Not sure if anyone saw this tweet, but in addition to the box theory and the two slots left on the Smash Bros website, could we be only getting two more characters in the base game?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Not sure if anyone saw this tweet, but in addition to the box theory and the two slots left on the Smash Bros website, could we be only getting two more characters in the base game?
Nah, I personally think we're getting more than that. I'm pretty sure it's only shortened because that's the amount they are gonna have on the boxes/promotional material, but there is still more characters in base game. Though, you said there's 2 character slots on the Smash website? Where can I find this?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
No, if anything this discredits the Box Theory by proving that Nintendo will let forms of physical media have the incomplete roster on them, proving that it's very likely that (as many of us already knew) that those who design these things are not given full roster information. Add this in with the recent changes to that YT playlist and the main site banner and we are geared up to have more Smash content than most people thought (thought I was convinced we would have 3-6 more characters).

I know I really shouldn’t be worried but that vague comment from verg does worry me a bit...sure it seems neutral, but it also does kinda feel for me a bit...idk the best word... ominous? It’s as if he’s telling us geno fans to not get our hopes up as it seems square might be throwing in someone totally unexpected.

Maybe I really do need to go back to lowering my expectations and the feeling of him being a near lock...
Do I have to go get Samwise Gamgee again? Do I? DO I?! Because I will, don't think I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom