• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Made a comment on one of my Facebook friends' posts about Peachette earlier today and wanted to see what you all thought of it:

"There's a side of me that hopes the Peachette mushroom makes it into one of the Mario RPG stories. Something SFW on the lines of: a koopa/goomba loves Bowser, stumbles upon a Peachette mushroom, transforms and tries to impress him. Bowser ends up refusing, citing he only wants the real Peach, so the koopa/goomba ends up trying to impress him by assembling an army and taking over the Mushroom Kingdom. In an unexpected twist, not only does Bowser's army prefer her over Bowser but the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom prefer her over Peach. The premise of the game is to set things right all while trying to console both a deeply depressed Bowser and Peach. I think that would be a hilarious story and it would have so much potential."
I like it, though I do think they would go for something slightly different. That being Bowser deciding that kidnapping was ineffective, so he tries to turn Peach as awesomely evil as him. I have the feeling it would backfire on him big time though.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The thing about the Bowsette thing I find most amusing is that the person behind the creation of the character wasn't even trying to make it into a thing, he just wanted to make a funny, cute comic.

I remember he made a pic basically saying that he was both flattered and scared over what he started.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Geno just barely shaving by in that Reddit poll, yikes. Good thing I remembered to vote.

By the way, I finally had a dream about Geno. For some reason he was announced at an awards show completely unrelated to Smash or gaming, and his "trailer" was just literally a panning shot of him in HD, then him running alongside Mario, Bowser, Peach, and then I think Mega Man was the stand-in for Mallow for some reason.

For the record I had two dreams about K. Rool in July and he was confirmed the next month, here's hoping the same rings true for Geno.

Benjakshin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBenFactory
Switch FC
3291-6573-0624
Geno just barely shaving by in that Reddit poll, yikes. Good thing I remembered to vote.

By the way, I finally had a dream about Geno. For some reason he was announced at an awards show completely unrelated to Smash or gaming, and his "trailer" was just literally a panning shot of him in HD, then him running alongside Mario, Bowser, Peach, and then I think Mega Man was the stand-in for Mallow for some reason.

For the record I had two dreams about K. Rool in July and he was confirmed the next month, here's hoping the same rings true for Geno.
I can't see I agree with your methods of confirmation. But I'm just saying I've never had a dream about waluigi or uh...Kim Kardashian in Smash, but I have had a dream of Geno and Incineroar. Well... it was Incineroar fighting Decidueye for the role, but I woke up before that.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, I just found some cool SMRPG super crown pixel art. I love it when people use pixel art like this. Also, they refer to Geno's form as Mariette. That is a good pun(Though still unrelated to Toadette). I put it in spoilers in case anyone is to weirded out by the ette's. It's SFW, I swear.
[/spoilers]

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hey, I just found some cool SMRPG super crown pixel art. I love it when people use pixel art like this. Also, they refer to Geno's form as Mariette. That is a good pun(Though still unrelated to Toadette). I put it in spoilers in case anyone is to weirded out by the ette's. It's SFW, I swear.
[/spoilers]
Maybe I've just been too deep into Isaac speculation, but that looks like the camelot angle to me.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe I've just been too deep into Isaac speculation, but that looks like the camelot angle to me.
It kinda is. Also, has Issac been super crowned yet? Some people think that would be a bad thing, but it does show that Issac is on the mind of the public consciousness.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yeesh...I know we don't have much to talk about what with the info draught and all, but must we continue to discuss this super crown stuff? It's not that I'm put off by it or anything (I have seen much, much weirder, lol), it's just becoming really tiresome at this point. It feels like what the Luigi Death Stare once was: mildly interesting for one day, yet the only thing people could talk about for a week.

Are we really so uninspired that we can't think of a new subject? Specifically Geno related?

Since, you know...this is a Geno discussion board...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm not sure if Geno would make it into Ultimate, considering Square Enix owns the rights to him, and the fact that Nintendo wants nothing to do with Square Enix after losing Final Fantasy to Sony. If it were to happen though, I wouldn't be against it.

Sources:
- https://www.google.com/search?ei=_k.....0i71j0i22i30j33i160j33i22i29i30.447qgwQbeqQ

- http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_back_after_losing_final_fantasy_vii_to_sony
Did you post this using internet explorer?

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well, to bring the topic back to Geno/SMRPG, I guess one thing I want to say is that the final stretch of SMRPG is probably one of my favorite final levels to a game (Bowser's castle + Smithy's factory)

The various boss battles, the different type of obstacles, the music, the atmosphere of the factory, the final weapons you get for characters. I even liked the 6 room part, though it's a shame you can't go back and do ALL rooms and that its randomized each time.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey check this out

It got 4 things right so far

And not only it doesn’t mention Isabelle as a echo it was well before Vergeben said Isabelle is playable

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well, to bring the topic back to Geno/SMRPG, I guess one thing I want to say is that the final stretch of SMRPG is probably one of my favorite final levels to a game (Bowser's castle + Smithy's factory)

The various boss battles, the different type of obstacles, the music, the atmosphere of the factory, the final weapons you get for characters. I even liked the 6 room part, though it's a shame you can't go back and do ALL rooms and that its randomized each time.
Agreed! Bowser's Keep was always one of my favorite parts too. The random rooms were just such a refreshing change of pace and a complete surprise. My favorites were the action ones, by far. I like the riddle ones too, except that one room with the logic puzzle. You know, the one about who won the race?

I can't stand those kinds of "figure it out by the participants' statements" puzzles, lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey check this out

It got 4 things right so far

And not only it doesn’t mention Isabelle as a echo it was well before Vergeben said Isabelle is playable
From the sound of it, no one really knows who the SE character is

Unless Geno is somehow in and not really considered a SE character for whatever reason - having ANOTHER SE character

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Celica would mean another Fire Emblem rep. I wouldn't mind personally, given Geno is on that list, but I can just imagine the salt if they add another FE character.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Agreed! Bowser's Keep was always one of my favorite parts too. The random rooms were just such a refreshing change of pace and a complete surprise. My favorites were the action ones, by far. I like the riddle ones too, except that one room with the logic puzzle. You know, the one about who won the race?

I can't stand those kinds of "figure it out by the participants' statements" puzzles, lol.
Ugh, don't remind me. The Dr. Topper rooms SUUUUCKED. I always avoid going into those on every playthrough, especially the one with the Ball Solitaire room since I could never figure out how to move the damn balls in that one (not that I really care to, anyway). The battle gauntlet rooms were always my favorite since I just adore SMRPG's battle system and enemy design. The action rooms were alright; they could be kind of frustrating at times with SMRPG's isometric camera, but they did have by far the best goodies lying around, so they were always worth going for.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Ugh, don't remind me. The Dr. Topper rooms SUUUUCKED. I always avoid going into those on every playthrough, especially the one with the Ball Solitaire room since I could never figure out how to move the damn balls in that one (not that I really care to, anyway). The battle gauntlet rooms were always my favorite since I just adore SMRPG's battle system and enemy design. The action rooms were alright; they could be kind of frustrating at times with SMRPG's isometric camera, but they did have by far the best goodies lying around, so they were always worth going for.
Well you're doing it right anyway if you avoid the puzzle rooms, because those are the only two that don't have one of the strongest equips for each character. I never even see those rooms on my playthroughs, 'cause I always bail out by failing on purpose to make sure I get the weapons. :p The ball solitaire is indeed difficult from what I remember, but that one never did bother me as much as the logic puzzle. Agreed on the isometric view as well--it's surprising the action rooms are still as fun as they are despite it.

On a separate note, I never got why the quiz guy was called Dr. Topper. Goes right along with other naming weirdness in SMRPG, like Neosquid. I mean, what in the world was Ted Woolsey thinking with these names??

It's the kind of unsolved mystery that bothers me when I think about it too much...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well you're doing it right anyway if you avoid the puzzle rooms, because those are the only two that don't have one of the strongest equips for each character. I never even see those rooms on my playthroughs, 'cause I always bail out by failing on purpose to make sure I get the weapons. :p The ball solitaire is indeed difficult from what I remember, but that one never did bother me as much as the logic puzzle. Agreed on the isometric view as well--it's surprising the action rooms are still as fun as they are despite it.

On a separate note, I never got why the quiz guy was called Dr. Topper. Goes right along with other naming weirdness in SMRPG, like Neosquid. I mean, what in the world was Ted Woolsey thinking with these names??

It's the kind of unsolved mystery that bothers me when I think about it too much...
Neosquid is an absolute legend, and I sincerely hope they keep it if SMRPG 2 happens and you fight Exor again.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Celica would mean another Fire Emblem rep. I wouldn't mind personally, given Geno is on that list, but I can just imagine the salt if they add another FE character.
You know, this might not be a popular opinion, but I think I'm kinda Fire Emblemed out when it comes to Smash. I thought Robin was a nice change up, though. Maybe if we got someone who used an axe or a spear, I'd be on board.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno was massively winning the poll the first time.

What happened the second?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’d say the salt might be equal to having another Mortal Kombat character (Raiden) in rather than another character from the DC Universe in Injustice 2, but I know that’s another game though, but probably a good example if it’s another Fire Emblem character in Smash, which I don’t mind, it’s whatever Sakurai wants.

I actually liked Raiden though, so...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I actually wouldn't mind Celica. In a weird way, Shadows of Valentia is my favorite FE game
since Path of Radiance, probably because it wasn't My Little Fan-Fiction™ like Awakening (still liked it though) or Fates (beat and have no desire to ever play it again).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Geno was massively winning the poll the first time.

What happened the second?
Does it matter? I mean Geno winning against Crash fricking Bandicoot in a fan poll when Crash is back in and gaining traction as a desired third party character thanks to the N’Sane trilogy is amazing no matter how you slice it. Two votes or no, that’s a hell of a proof of Geno’s overall popularity as a character for Smash.

Meanwhile we have the real bloodbaths coming.

Geno and Sora is fitting in its own way, and is the Square showdown. I hope he pulls through, but Sora has his fans and I think many of us like him too (Just not more than Geno).

And then Isaac facing off against Banjo Kazooie is just cruel, and I feel poor Isaac is going to get stomped because Banjo literally stomps all characters in the polls these days. Though for me it’s heartbreaking to have to pick between the two... as much as I want Isaac, I’d have to probably go Banjo though given he’s so much more personally important to me and he’s a massive moment of fan satisfaction. That’s truly a moment of going above and beyond for fans if we get him.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Does it matter? I mean Geno winning against Crash fricking Bandicoot in a fan poll when Crash is back in and gaining traction as a desired third party character thanks to the N’Sane trilogy is amazing no matter how you slice it. Two votes or no, that’s a hell of a proof of Geno’s overall popularity as a character for Smash.

Meanwhile we have the real bloodbaths coming.

Geno and Sora is fitting in its own way, and is the Square showdown. I hope he pulls through, but Sora has his fans and I think many of us like him too (Just not more than Geno).

And then Isaac facing off against Banjo Kazooie is just cruel, and I feel poor Isaac is going to get stomped because Banjo literally stomps all characters in the polls these days. Though for me it’s heartbreaking to have to pick between the two... as much as I want Isaac, I’d have to probably go Banjo though given he’s so much more personally important to me and he’s a massive moment of fan satisfaction. That’s truly a moment of going above and beyond for fans if we get him.
As for Geno, I hope he beats the odds and makes it through into the fray, Square Enix has kept him locked up long enough, time to let him out to prove himself in Smash. :smash:

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
Guess more people ended up voting because I believe it was something like 60-40 with Geno in a comfy lead and Crash barely over 1k, and the redo ended up having them and neck and neck.

The good news is more people voted for Geno this round then they did for Sora in the same bracket. Got a feeling things will be pretty close next go around.

TBone06

Smash Ace
New song is a Pokemon track, which either kills the music theory or the idea of a new Pokemon rep.
I think that's good for us. I think the theory didn't hold a lot of weight, but I won't lie, I did pay attention to it. Seeing the Pokemon song definitely made me feel a bit better about the Mario song from a couple of weeks back. But yeah, I think that shows the theory is dead.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
There is a Pokemon music left there right now...

This does NOT kill the music theory but it DOES weakened the theory itself by a SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT.
Even though there are no Pokemon announced yet, there are many evidence that prove its existence.
The theory is plain stupid imo and people are believing the theory too hard. Pretending that Echoes does not count is mostly foolish and delusional.
The pro-Music theory people began to point out that Incineroar will not make it to Smash despite sheer evidence that it in fact exist (Verge).
I am glad that the theory is at least heavily weakened so that Geno will have a good position.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I think that's good for us. I think the theory didn't hold a lot of weight, but I won't lie, I did pay attention to it. Seeing the Pokemon song definitely made me feel a bit better about the Mario song from a couple of weeks back. But yeah, I think that shows the theory is dead.
Oh, thank the stars...that was one of the first theories I ever put stock into, and it only hurt Geno since that Mario song was posted. This is absolutely good for us, as well as Bandana Dee and anyone else from a series already represented with a sample. Which is a fair few of them. With Incineroar looking very likely indeed, or at least some kind of Pokemon rep, it's nigh impossible for the theory to be true now.

This is good news I desperately needed, lol.

aquasound

Smash Rookie
There is a Pokemon music left there right now...

This does NOT kill the music theory but it DOES weakened the theory itself by a SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT.
Even though there are no Pokemon announced yet, there are many evidence that prove its existence.
The theory is plain stupid imo and people are believing the theory too hard. Pretending that Echoes does not count is mostly foolish and delusional.
The pro-Music theory people began to point out that Incineroar will not make it to Smash despite sheer evidence that it in fact exist (Verge).
I am glad that the theory is at least heavily weakened so that Geno will have a good position.
Got instant Splatoon vibes from this. Now I want to see a Splatoon/Pokemon crossover.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Oh, thank the stars...that was one of the first theories I ever put stock into, and it only hurt Geno since that Mario song was posted. This is absolutely good for us, as well as Bandana Dee and anyone else from a series already represented with a sample. Which is a fair few of them. With Incineroar looking very likely indeed, or at least some kind of Pokemon rep, it's nigh impossible for the theory to be true now.

This is good news I desperately needed, lol.
Skull Kid too. I mean, we were nearing the bottom of the barrel in regards to what franchises haven't been represented on the site yet with music, but I think this is absolutely a positive. I guess in THEORY (see what I did there?) it isn't dead, because it could just mean a new Pokemon isn't in. As much as I don't care to see a new Pokemon, I think it is highly likely. So I think this theory is on life support.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Skull Kid too. I mean, we were nearing the bottom of the barrel in regards to what franchises haven't been represented on the site yet with music, but I think this is absolutely a positive. I guess in THEORY (see what I did there?) it isn't dead, because it could just mean a new Pokemon isn't in. As much as I don't care to see a new Pokemon, I think it is highly likely. So I think this theory is on life support.
More like life support and one foot in the grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom