• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The leak is fake

They found the image sakurai's background is, waddle Dee's icon is wrong, and the poly count on the stage is too high

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Yay I just got Geno in my party! after reliving that scene again I feel like Geno's entrance into smash is pretty obvious.

the trend so far has been characters either coming in and killing someone if they are a villian. or coming to fight a villain after someone else is killed
so probably what will happen is Bowyer is gonna stun a veteran and Geno's gonna come in to save them!

but really there are so many possibilities for how to introduce Geno. I'm excited to see what Sakurai eventually goes with :grin:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yay I just got Geno in my party! after reliving that scene again I feel like Geno's entrance into smash is pretty obvious.

the trend so far has been characters either coming in and killing someone if they are a villian. or coming to fight a villain after someone else is killed
so probably what will happen is Bowyer is gonna stun a veteran and Geno's gonna come in to save them!

but really there are so many possibilities for how to introduce Geno. I'm excited to see what Sakurai eventually goes with :grin:
I had an idea about introducing Geno. Instead of someone dying in his, he ACTUALLY saves the person from the Villain. The person he saves...Peach would be the best I personally think. A little reunion to end his reveal.

EDIT: I can't wait to see what Sakurai does either.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I really want some kind of reunion happening. Geno is an old friend that we all miss. his addition is about more than just getting a cool character. it's about seeing an old beloved friend that we've missed for so long.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
His chances are good, but let's not forget he's not actually confirmed yet.
Pretty sure all of us who have been BTFO constantly for the past decade plus know that but thanks for killing the buzz during one of our small moments of optimism

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Pretty sure all of us who have been BTFO constantly for the past decade plus know that but thanks for killing the buzz during one of our small moments of optimism
Never hurts to keep a sense of reality. Pride goeth before the fall as they say. Hold out hope regardless.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The good news is that Square is the only thing in the way of Geno getting in. Sakurai has already stated back in the Brawl days that he would like Geno in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So there was this leak that implied Geno would get in today, and I basically missed it working all day.

That's fine. It would have disappointed me if I got all hyped about it only for it to be disproven.

Dynamic Worlok

So there was this leak that implied Geno would get in today, and I basically missed it working all day.

That's fine. It would have disappointed me if I got all hyped about it only for it to be disproven.
If you're talking about the sakurai leak, yeah, that was disappointing.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, just come here to throw some support here. My condolences to those who were affected by this tragedy. Hopefully, they can recovered this mess quickly.

I hope you will get what you wish for. So, I draw an picture of Geno and various potential newcomers fighting each other to cheer you up. Hope you like it!:

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
You know, one scary thought that keeps creeping into the back of my mind as of late is, what if he gets in but only as an AT? Even if sakurai wants him playable we still gotta remember how Square Enix might act, they might wanna push another ff character, especially since the announcement of the pocket edition for XV(?) was announced for switch. They do have some say in it I’d assume...

Gah this uncertainty is driving me nuts....

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
SE will definitely want Noctis, but they probably didn't plan for FFXV pocket to be on the Switch back when Sakurai was picking the roster.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That is a very interesting thought. SE seem like the people to want to push something like that. I was reading up on Sakurai's Famitsu about music and how difficult it can be to get some. Hence, why so little FF7 music in the game.
HOWEVER, I really doubt Sakurai would put Noctis over Geno.
Now DLC is a different question.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Even if sakurai wants him playable we still gotta remember how Square Enix might act, they might wanna push another ff character, especially since the announcement of the pocket edition for XV(?) was announced for switch. They do have some say in it I’d assume...
Except they already gave Sakurai rights to use Geno for Smash Wii U/3DS. So why would they turn around and do that? I’m sure in their negotiations the character’s continued popularity has been mentioned and SE has been made aware of this.

Of course I don’t know for sure, but I feel like all of this debate on the rights to Geno is made out to be more of an obstacle than it should be. Sakurai probably got rights to make a fully playable Geno back then, but didn’t have development time to pull it off for Wii U/3DS and gave us the costume to tide us over.

A new ‘proper’ Square Enix rep would a great choice for DLC. Geno is an excellent choice for base roster.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SE will definitely want Noctis, but they probably didn't plan for FFXV pocket to be on the Switch back when Sakurai was picking the roster.
If Square demand a specific character get in, they'd be the only company to do that

Klimax

Smash Ace
You know, one scary thought that keeps creeping into the back of my mind as of late is, what if he gets in but only as an AT? Even if sakurai wants him playable we still gotta remember how Square Enix might act, they might wanna push another ff character, especially since the announcement of the pocket edition for XV(?) was announced for switch. They do have some say in it I’d assume...

Gah this uncertainty is driving me nuts....
Just like Isaac, Geno will be playable or absent from the game at all, they're just too popular to be AT. Having Geno as a DLC would be lazy, not interesting and would cause a massive backlash.
Also, Sakurai wants him. I don't see him taking a generic anime character instead of Geno. Cloud was legit and Sakurai probably took him in exchange of Geno's presence in Smash Ultimate. He's the only one who can say yes or no to a character.

Anyway, Sakurai already had the rights for Geno in Smash 4, MII Costume or playable fighter, at the end of they day, this is the same thing, you jave to pay for the character's rights.

Last edited:

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
wouldn’t put it past em...

Idk, with how picky they were on music I feel they’d pull something like that.
The music situation is out of their control, blame it on the composer.

aquasound

Smash Rookie
Anyone think Square would allow Sakurai to include a SMRPG boss in the supposed new adventure mode? SMRPG was full of memorable bosses, and I'd love to duke it out against Bowyer, Mack, or even...Bundt.

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
The music issue regard Uematsu, he won't even let his pieces he made for FFXIV be preformed by players in FFXIV using the musical performance action.

I cant see Square forcing a new FF rep on just because of a mobile game honestly.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Anyone think Square would allow Sakurai to include a SMRPG boss in the supposed new adventure mode? SMRPG was full of memorable bosses, and I'd love to duke it out against Bowyer, Mack, or even...Bundt.
I would love Bowyer as a Boss! The idea of taking away one of your buttons for a time sounds terrifying, but a fun game mechanic.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
The music issue regard Uematsu, he won't even let his pieces he made for FFXIV be preformed by players in FFXIV using the musical performance action.

I cant see Square forcing a new FF rep on just because of a mobile game honestly.
That would be tragic :( I'm putting my faith in Sakurai, hoping (well, praying, truthfully) he locked down the Geno deal with Square at the same time he got Cloud. My theory is Sakurai approached Square for Geno but they wanted a FF rep before Geno. Sakurai knows Ultimate is on the horizon so instead of committing the time to make Geno a full character he creates Cloud and makes the Geno costume, then starts working on Geno as the first character in Smash Ultimate. Boo-yah!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Last night I had a dream that a Geno reveal trailer had been leaked. Strangely enough, you all were complaining because the trailer was too long, haha.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Definitely Belome. Been years since I played and I still remember that guy.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I would like to see either Bowyer or Belome as a boss battle.

Bowyer's mechanic is temporarily locking buttons.

Belome can swallow you and creates a copy that fights alongside him until knocked out ... or the copy loses all its stamina.

Dynamic Worlok

The Axem Rangers are the only correct choice.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
DUDE ! I'm sure someone thought of this B4 but if we DO get geno do you think we could get Boshi as a Yoshi echo ???? that would be so cool ! I mean if your guna add geno might as well add a Boshi echo !

Dynamic Worlok

DUDE ! I'm sure someone thought of this B4 but if we DO get geno do you think we could get Boshi as a Yoshi echo ???? that would be so cool ! I mean if your guna add geno might as well add a Boshi echo !
I think we'll be lucky if we get Geno period. Let's not start gunning for a boshi echo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found Omni's first Geno picture

My goodness how he's improved

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
It's Geno time baby, i'm feeling he's pretty much a lock-in at this point
>had strong support during the Brawl days
>a very popular character during the Ballot
He HAS to get in this time. He's the only one left to complete the Big Trio :ultkrool::ultridley:

Also, i'd like to be added to the supporter list thank you very much!

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm a supporter!
I actually wasn't so hot on Geno in Smash back in the Brawl days, but I've come around recently, especially now that all the important Mario characters are out of the way ( except Toad, but i've accepted his fate. ), and I'd much rather have Geno representing Mario RPGs than any of the other choices. If he does make it in, here's hoping it opens the gateway to Nintendo and Square playing nice and making a true SMRPG 2. I'd love nothing more than a good old fashioned "timed hits" Mario RPG on and HD console. ( secretly hoping they lift some of the goofy sound effects from SMRPG for Geno in Smash, and a potential SMRPG 2 )

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
That would be tragic :( I'm putting my faith in Sakurai, hoping (well, praying, truthfully) he locked down the Geno deal with Square at the same time he got Cloud. My theory is Sakurai approached Square for Geno but they wanted a FF rep before Geno. Sakurai knows Ultimate is on the horizon so instead of committing the time to make Geno a full character he creates Cloud and makes the Geno costume, then starts working on Geno as the first character in Smash Ultimate. Boo-yah!
This theory has already been proved false. from interviews we know Sakurai straight up asked for Cloud. actually they were even suprised that he asked for someone as old as Cloud but still went along with it.

Sakurai probably did have Geno on his mind. but probably decided if he was gonna go through the trouble of working with square he should get Cloud first. and probably also worked out Geno for the costume and the up coming ultimate.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Can't wait to see hear this again although it may be Super Mario RPG before Smash Bros

He was like KOS-MOS before she existed since they both got weapons hidden all over. Who knows? Geno got his own Destructo Disc though. I remember my jaw dropping when I saw my little brother
kill Exor with the Geno Whirl in a single shot

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

Yep, just change it to Geno supporters and yellow and blue pillows.
lol that's a little scary tho like finding Mallow instead of Geno! D:
The Smash blog didn't update today, which most likely means there was something Smash-related planned for the Direct.
I hope you're on to something there..
I want to say that even the stage itself looks fake. the backround looks WAY too bare. I don't think they would design a stage like this. just look how much nothing there is on the left. seems odd to me. and B. Dee's textures look a wee bit pale in both the percent photo and character model. skull kid looks a bit grainy, and there isn't a lot of luminescence hitting the edges of the tv. the strings on the pokemon balloons seem to just "clip" inside as well. certainly sakurai could do better than THIS!
Yeah like why are all these leaked shots always showing a screen at an odd angle?
I really want some kind of reunion happening. Geno is an old friend that we all miss. his addition is about more than just getting a cool character. it's about seeing an old beloved friend that we've missed for so long.
So we see him meet up with Bowser, Peach, and Mario 1st exclusively after his big entrance right?
NOOOOoooOOooo.... :skull:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom