• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I nearly had an heart attack when i saw the pillows. I hope it's true.
BUT it seems like this is a Sakurai's render, like if he didn't belong to the picture and was put into it.
I WANT TO BE WRONG ! PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL !

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
why does it look so weird though?
like it looked like Sakurai had been green screened into the image. and it's so bright. funny take on a "Leak" though.
but if it's real and in this coming direct we did get Skull Kid than I'd say this basically confirms Geno with those pillows. but I don't think they would go for the same kind of hint twice in a row.
Looks like glare from a monitor or other screen.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I don't like believing furniture theories but blue and yellow pillows would be pretty specific lmao.

Could be photoshopped in general though.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, Sakurai looks a tiny bit off in that picture for me. I also wonder if Sakurai would go with furniture again to hint something (assuming those chairs were meant to hint at something in the first place)

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
We know the "leaks" will be flowing because of the delay ... so anything I see or hear will be taken with a big grain of salt.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I don't like believing furniture theories but blue and yellow pillows would be pretty specific lmao.

Could be photoshopped in general though.
His hair definitely looks similar after comparing the two pictures, although it does look more red in the second one. But that easily could be changed. The angle is pretty similar. I’m going err on the side of fake, but I’m really interested to see how that one unfolds.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Assuming the blue and yellow pillows bit ends up being true, we should all still be aware that it's not only our boy Geno that sports brown, blue, and yellow as primary colors. Isaac and Banjo are both also highly requested characters that have the same color scheme. Just food for thought.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it seems photoshopped, though it certainly is well thought out. If it were real then i could easily see it pertaining to a transition of some sort.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
New leak just came out of a still from some form of Smash announcement. The pillows look... familiar.
Any way to debunk this? I'm looking right now, but the camera angle allows us to see parts of the bookshelf we've never seen before.
Sakurai wearing the same outfit is not direct deconfirmation, since he's worn the same outfit for all of his appearances for Ultimate so far.

Nope

Sakurai looks green screened from the August direct

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Assuming the blue and yellow pillows bit ends up being true, we should all still be aware that it's not only our boy Geno that sports brown, blue, and yellow as primary colors. Isaac and Banjo are both also highly requested characters that have the same color scheme. Just food for thought.
I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed in a banjo reveal. But that wooden figure on the shelf makes me think.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was noticing that as well. However, that mannequin and how the shelf is wooden seems to hint to Geno. Though IDK to be honest.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Here's another image showing Skull Kid and Bandanna Dee on a new Pokefloats stage. This looks beautiful, and there's a lot of things that give it credibility. Is this it, guys?

leak.jpg

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I wouldn't put too much about the wooden figure ... he uses that for working on fighters.

About the Skull Kind and Bandanna Dee photo ... very fake.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I wouldn't put too much about the wooden figure ... he uses that for working on fighters.

That is a true statement. Don't worry, I am holding a lot of salt in my hands. Just pointing things out.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
yeah, for the skull kid and bandana dee photo, the shading is all kinds of off, something that Ultimate is very specific on this game which can make some of the character renders a bit odd looking.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Here's another image showing Skull Kid and Bandanna Dee on a new Pokefloats stage. This looks beautiful, and there's a lot of things that give it credibility. Is this it, guys?

Where's Artsy Omni when you need him? We need a leak buster on this pronto!

EDIT: After looking at the image for a bit, is it just me or is Skull Kid unusually big in this? He should be around Young Link's size but comparing him to Bandanna Dee he looks way bulkier than he should. Definitely starting to trip my fake alarms.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

The lighting is bad

And look at the bottom left

The shadows are not attached to the ropes

The rule of shadows they have to be attached to te source that’s opposite to the light except if it’s completely in the air

Simple image to show this rule

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

There's no question of why he uses it. The question is, why is he showing it?

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
Compare the shirt Sakurai is wearing in this photo to the shirt he's wearing in both the e3 and 8/8 direct. They are very clearly the same shirt. The coloration of the fabric and buttons are the exact same and its even open the same way as in the 8/8 direct. However... the buttons in this image are on the wrong side of the shirt. I believe that the Sakurai in this image is a flipped version of Sakurai from the 8/8 direct.

EDIT:

compare the background, it's a slightly edited version of this.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Compare the shirt Sakurai is wearing in this photo to the shirt he's wearing in both the e3 and 8/8 direct. They are very clearly the same shirt. The coloration of the fabric and buttons are the exact same and its even open the same way as in the 8/8 direct. However... the buttons in this image are on the wrong side of the shirt. I believe that the Sakurai in this image is a flipped version of Sakurai from the 8/8 direct.

EDIT:

Holy smokes... where did you find that? It's the exact same thing!

Dan

Smash Lord
I like how hints are being leaked now; that's where we're at: like no gameplay or screenshots, but pillows and a wooden figure. :laugh:

Dynamic Worlok

I like how hints are being leaked now; that's where we're at: like no gameplay or screenshots, but pillows and a wooden figure. :laugh:
People are thirsty for information in a smash dry spell. And people are more inclined to believe things, I think closer to official announcements.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

EDIT:

I had noticed the shirt and the mic especially. Also really good find!

EDIT: That picture on the bottom left in the shelf is in the photoshopped pic to!

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord

Yep, just change it to Geno supporters and yellow and blue pillows.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Well, I feel stupid.

TCxZ0Aj9wy.png

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Anyone else feel like today was kinda early to learn about another potential newcomer anyway?

Edit: And lol if the Direct doesn't having anything Smash-related at all.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
No worries, my man. I'm right there with you, lol. Aside from the ropes and other things folks have pointed out, that image looked very real. Original renders (to my knowledge), original design for a new Poke Floats, and pretty high quality models for the Pokemon balloons.

It really grabs you at first glance. It just doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

gebi

Cloud Prince
Anyone else feel like today was kinda early to learn about another potential newcomer anyway?

No. The games hype lifespan is very short in comparision to other games in the series. They dont have thst much time to get this stuff out there

ZelDan

Smash Master

Smash is easily NIntendo's biggest game for the year right now and I'm assuming we have more than a few characters left so today would have been fine for atleast one character reveal to keep the hype going.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
The Smash blog didn't update today, which most likely means there was something Smash-related planned for the Direct.

grizby2

Smash Lord

I want to say that even the stage itself looks fake. the backround looks WAY too bare. I don't think they would design a stage like this. just look how much nothing there is on the left. seems odd to me. and B. Dee's textures look a wee bit pale in both the percent photo and character model. skull kid looks a bit grainy, and there isn't a lot of luminescence hitting the edges of the tv. the strings on the pokemon balloons seem to just "clip" inside as well. certainly sakurai could do better than THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom