• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Pretty sure it's just belittling, like, you know treating him like a plushy rather than a sturdy fella or whatever.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
probably been asked before, but if when Geno gets in smash do you expect him to stay in smash or do you think that open the door for him to at least appear in say Mario Kart? or hell going full dream mode here, a new full Mario RPG with geno as a main character?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
probably been asked before, but if when Geno gets in smash do you expect him to stay in smash or do you think that open the door for him to at least appear in say Mario Kart? or hell going full dream mode here, a new full Mario RPG with geno as a main character?
Really depends on how Nintendo decides to approach Square in the future. If they buy him and the rest of the cast back, they are gonna be in everything(Nintendo is gonna get there money's worth). If not, I could still see Nintendo and Square teaming up to make a new SMRPG game or even a remake.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If they make a new mario rpg, which would be awesome, I hope they keep the charm of the graphics back then. not saying not to update it in actual 3d, but make it look a bit like it did somehow. They could just make one with new characters, not having to buy them. but if they did that'd be cool, cuz they could use Geno and the others as much as they want :)

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Really depends on how Nintendo decides to approach Square in the future. If they buy him and the rest of the cast back, they are gonna be in everything(Nintendo is gonna get there money's worth). If not, I could still see Nintendo and Square teaming up to make a new SMRPG game or even a remake.
well i'd imagine Nintendo would absolutely would want there money's worth, cloud already feels like a risk seeing as the games he's promoting will likely never get on a nintendo console anytime soon, hell FF can't even get consistent worldwide virtual console releases

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If they make a new mario rpg, which would be awesome, I hope they keep the charm of the graphics back then. not saying not to update it in actual 3d, but make it look a bit like it did somehow. They could just make one with new characters, not having to buy them. but if they did that'd be cool, cuz they could use Geno and the others as much as they want :)
Like other have said, they could always try something similar to Octopath, except adapt SMRPG's art style.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
i would imagine a mario RPG remake could go with something similar to a clay look, kinda like Kirby's rainbow curse, perhaps you can also make the other main characters different materials (Mario = Clay, Mallow = Fluff, Geno = Wood, = Peach = Cloth, Bowser = Plastic, Smithy and his gand = metal)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Like other have said, they could always try something similar to Octopath, except adapt SMRPG's art style.
Oh so still 2d. that's be a-ok with me, especially with good artists.

well i'd imagine Nintendo would absolutely would want there money's worth, cloud already feels like a risk seeing as the games he's promoting will likely never get on a nintendo console anytime soon, hell FF can't even get consistent worldwide virtual console releases
I think Cloud drew in buyers from the sony base, so it was totally worth it, and will be for the switch. And Sony gains especially with the new ff7 on the way. havent kept up with where it's at now.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
To go back to the whole OP from the Skull Kid thread, I do see what they are saying. It wouldn't be fair for either fans to have their most wanted's spotlight being stolen by the other.
Although I disagree with the wording to describe Geno (as clearly, he isn't a nobody and his constant support since Brawl proves it), he does make a point.

It would be great either way, imo. It's better than nothing. And it's not impossible for the "Puppets" trailer to happen, they may be from different franchises but I think Dark Samus/Chrom proves they can be paired in a reveal.

As for the "What happens after if he gets in", I do hope they will bring him around, even if it's like mentions in future Paper Mario or M&L RPG, as long as they don't shove him back to dust away again, I will be happy.
I am pretty sure Nintendo would try to get as much profit as possible from Geno's revival.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
i would imagine a mario RPG remake could go with something similar to a clay look, kinda like Kirby's rainbow curse, perhaps you can also make the other main characters different materials (Mario = Clay, Mallow = Fluff, Geno = Wood, = Peach = Cloth, Bowser = Plastic, Smithy and his gand = metal)
That certainly would be a neat art style, but I fear it's treading a little to close to Paper Mario's art style in concept.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Oh so still 2d. that's be a-ok with me, especially with good artists.

I think Cloud drew in buyers from the sony base, so it was totally worth it, and will be for the switch. And Sony gains especially with the new ff7 on the way. havent kept up with where it's at now.
Considering that every other Third part has done the same thing and still has consistent Nintendo releases (well maybe expect metal gear but that franchise is in limbo), it still seems like a risk to me, factor in how Wii U sales didn't really improve that much after Cloud was shown and the potential risk of making your own fanbase sony buyers and it feels like nintendo really got nothing out of the deal (Unless there was something we don't know about yet), overall from a money perspective Dragon Quest was probably the wisest choice if we truely are just getting one Square character

Kero!

Smash Cadet
perhaps bowser means he's gonna rip him so hard he takes out his soul, pretty metal of you bowser
Ah yes, I would glad to have another Luigi get pulled!
But I mean if anyone's getting their stuffing ripped out, it's Bowser

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
To go back to the whole OP from the Skull Kid thread, I do see what they are saying. It wouldn't be fair for either fans to have their most wanted's spotlight being stolen by the other.
Although I disagree with the wording to describe Geno (as clearly, he isn't a nobody and his constant support since Brawl proves it), he does make a point.

It would be great either way, imo. It's better than nothing. And it's not impossible for the "Puppets" trailer to happen, they may be from different franchises but I think Dark Samus/Chrom proves they can be paired in a reveal.

As for the "What happens after if he gets in", I do hope they will bring him around, even if it's like mentions in future Paper Mario or M&L RPG, as long as they don't shove him back to dust away again, I will be happy.
I am pretty sure Nintendo would try to get as much profit as possible from Geno's revival.
I agree with his point, but my main problem is being on a thread run by someone who so adamantly despises my number 1 character. It's awkward. Does not help my avatar is Geno, so it's plain to see on the thread, making things even more awkward. I do have to say, what made him dislike Geno so much? It not like he was around during the aftermath of Brawl, as his account goes to 2014. I would be curious to hear why he dislikes Geno, but the Skull Kid thread is not that place.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
I thought there was some sort of Geno/Skull Kid alliance?

I couldn't find any slanderous language in the OP of the skull kid thread. What exactly did he say?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I couldn't find any slanderous language in the OP of the skull kid thread. What exactly did he say?
Well, most people are allied, it's just that the thread creator dislikes Geno a lot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think that's just some /v/ thing

There are no official alliances on this site.

Just individuals that like whatever characters they like

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You know, I have never been so disheartened to reply on thread like I have with the Skull Kid thread. Kinda awkward when your number one character just so happens to be the threads original poster's least favorite character. I mean, I still like Skull Kid and want him in the game, but man do I want to avoid that thread now.
Yeah, I found it super awkward as well. xD

What's really disappointing to me is that so many people up-voted his hate spiel about Geno, which indicates to me that people quietly agree with the sentiment in all of its vitriol.

Although I will say, this is all pretty much bordering (if not outright is) gossip at this point so it would probably be for the best to just drop it and move on.

---

Considering Geno fires off all kinds of rounds of various ammunition, I would vote that he's made of wood and not a plush. Though in retrospect, wood wouldn't be very good for all those flammable deliverables either.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I haven't gotten to go deep into the Skull Kid thread but the other "slanderous" language I can find from the recent OP post about Geno is basically the "Geno is a nobody, no one cares about him, Geno should stay in the closet as he has for years, etc..." :V

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Considering Geno fires off all kinds of rounds of various ammunition, I would vote that he's made of wood and not a plush. Though in retrospect, wood wouldn't be very good for all those flammable deliverables either.
Maybe some of them are air powered? And I think fire from laser beams is the least of peoples worries.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Haters gonna hate. Simple as that. I don't think it would ruin anything if they got dual-revealed but tbh whether they do or not is irrelevant in my eyes. I just want Geno in the game and he should feel the same about Skull Kid.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Haters gonna hate. Simple as that. I don't think it would ruin anything if they got dual-revealed but tbh whether they do or not is irrelevant in my eyes. I just want Geno in the game and he should feel the same about Skull Kid.
Both works for me.

Design-wise, it's pretty heavily suggested that Geno is a puppet made of a wood. I myself have always wondered what his hair is made out of. Are they like, stiff pieces of fabric that have been curled up?

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Both works for me.

Design-wise, it's pretty heavily suggested that Geno is a puppet made of a wood. I myself have always wondered what his hair is made out of. Are they like, stiff pieces of fabric that have been curled up?
Damn I've never thought of that. What is Geno's hair?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you ever shaved wood, with like a chisel? It curls up.

I always imagined it to be that for some reason

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Both works for me.

Is that what those curls are? Those are part of his hat. Whenever he pulls off his hat for an item, not only is he bald, his head is shaped so the hat is on equel levels with the rest of his head, it's kinda creepy.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
i'd imagine on the actual doll there probably more of a Fabric then wood, just styled to look like wood shavings, can't imagine that part lasting long, by 2 months the kids probably messed them up or completely removed them lol

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
It's probably a ribbon but my head-cannon from now on is that it's chiseled wood cuz that's cool af.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
i'd imagine on the actual doll there probably more of a Fabric then wood, just styled to look like wood shavings, can't imagine that part lasting long, by 2 months the kids probably messed them up or completely removed them lol
I don't see how a fabric toy can launch missiles, even in it's original doll form where we see it do it and knock out Mario.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how a fabric toy can launch missiles, even in it's original doll form where we see it do it and knock out Mario.
The hair, not the doll itself. If the hair was chiseled wood it'd break easily. The doll itself we all know is wooden.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
i mean i was talking about the hair being fabric, the body is clearly supposed to be wood

kinda reminds me of a old tails plush i completely destroyed when i was young...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
...Whoops. My bad. Should probably go to bed soon if this keeps happening. As for the possible hair, is that supposed to mean Geno is a red head... I know it's more orange but bear with me.

Last edited:

Kero!

Smash Cadet
I think that the "curly hair" may just be a stronger type of fabric rather than something flimsy or wood shavings as cool as that sounds.
He turns into a cannon and the next thing you know, the hair either snaps off or gets crumpled and loses its curly look aha

...Maybe it is something flimsy and they just threaded wire through it?
My sewing classes didn't teach me about types of fabric

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's probably just ribbon with wire in it. I think that's what people would use irl

Edit: Or felt

Last edited:

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Gaz did kinda play rough with her toys. I wonder what the manufactured Geno doll looked like in Mint condition.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
the real question is, who asked bowser if there allowed to make a doll of him?, i mean Peach is a public figure and Mario is the kingdom hero but like did they just go all the way to bowsers castle to ask for permission to use his likeness?

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
the real question is, who asked bowser if there allowed to make a doll of him?, i mean Peach is a public figure and Mario is the kingdom hero but like did they just go all the way to bowsers castle to ask for permission to use his likeness?
The plot for Super Mario Bros 3 was that it was all staged for a play. They probably handed those out or used them as merch to advertise the play.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
The plot for Super Mario Bros 3 was that it was all staged for a play. They probably handed those out or used them as merch to advertise the play.
well i would imagine in that case Bowser was more a monster in a suit then actually being him... you know that actually makes me wonder, what if that ground pound attack of bowsers was actually just the suit on jumper cables... hmm...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe Bowser runs a toy manufacturing business on the side. I mean, Bowser has all those mecha-koopa's, maybe he figured he would be good at making non explody toys.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
well i would imagine in that case Bowser was more a monster in a suit then actually being him... you know that actually makes me wonder, what if that ground pound attack of bowsers was actually just the suit on jumper cables... hmm...
That'd explain why the hit-box is broken lol. If you crouch during the fight with him, he can't hurt you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom