• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Whipped this up today for those who were wanting an image with supporting evidence towards Geno's inclusion. I think it covers about everything important. Didn't include the double Mushroom icons on the music page because it was supposedly the same in Smash 4.
View attachment 158028
somehow looking at the visual evidence makes me even more hopeful and more shocked if he isnt in

grizby2

Smash Lord
Strange choices. It would be weird having the same guy who voiced Kirby Right Back at you Meta Knight in the game.

Edit: Not necessarily bad choices, I am just confused.
I just imagine a very sage-like voice for him.

I didn't know that was the same voice actor! ... You think they'll give him an accent? :laugh:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just imagine a very sage-like voice for him.

I didn't know that was the same voice actor! ... You think they'll give him an accent? :laugh:
I just imagined Geno doing the flamenco. I am not sure how to feel right now.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
From what I understand, Geno’s the last of the “big three” (after Ridley and K Rool) of the ones everybody’s talking about.

So I’m excited for the last few minutes of the next direct ;)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here's a question, if Yoko Shimomura only remixed one SMRPG song, what song would you want it to be? Not saying that will be how it is(She would do a few, some others will help with the others, and some will be in there classic state), but this is good way to see what songs people want.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Here's a question, if Yoko Shimomura only remixed one SMRPG song, what song would you want it to be? Not saying that will be how it is(She would do a few, some others will help with the others, and some will be in there classic state), but this is good way to see what songs people want.
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms is my choice. It's just an iconic song.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Same here with Beware the Forest Mushrooms. There are already good remixes based on that and it is very, very iconic. Right away when you hear it the mind registers MARIO RPG.

LiquidBoxcutter

Smash Cadet
NNID
young-grandma
Fight Against an Armed Boss is my favorite song in the game, so I'd have to shoot for that.

astralAenigma

Smash Rookie
Oh gosh reading each of your posts everyday has at least tripled my hopes about Geno. I've also liked the first post so I can be added to the list more properly !

Sincerely, it is really encouraging to see that even people who at first didn't care at all about Geno are now supporting him as well. And, at the top of that, it doesn't only happen here. It's happening everywhere, worldwide. This is simply phenomenal... !

At this point, he's already in the game for me, and for many other people as well. We just have to wait veeeeery long months to see that happening officially. I. Am. So. Hyped.

I guess I'll go on with Beware the Forest's Mushrooms as well, as this is the most representative soundtrack of SMRPG's universe for many people, but really, hearing any song from this game would make me very happy. Oh, and my headcanon for Geno's voice is something like a mix between his in Rawest Forest and in SMRPG Abridged. It makes me want to watch those again... and reread the Seven Star Comics, too. Oh well... "Let's get this show on the road !"

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been added yet too. :'>

I may or may not have done fanart for this hype. I just cannot wait for his return !

Love the presentation for the evidences or hints we got so far. Hopefully we will be able to add more in it !

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll probably have to wait until Friday to update the list, though I might do it when I get home from work. But Friday to Sunday I have a 3 day weekend so I'll have time.

I'll also make the Legacy supporters section that day

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Liked the original post. Hate to seem like a bandwagoner but he’d be really cool.

I have an idea for an intro trailer. Start with the opening to smash 64, have mini Master Hand drop the Nintendo plush toys on the desk and rearranging the furniture. Pan camera to the corner where Geno is sitting (maybe collecting a little dust like Squeaker in Toy Story 2?). Go in close and he opens his eyes.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So many new supporters...this is awesome!:grin: the thread is really picking up now. Soon we'll definitely be second in the post count race. There's no overtaking Isaac, but second is great!

On the voice topic: I stick by non-accented Dunban, lol. Though I do have an admission: like Opossum Opossum said, I have imagined him with a higher voice too. Don't know why--But it just seems like it COULD fit him. Maybe something in between the two. The confidence of Dunban in a higher tone...might be interesting, lol.

On the music question: it's definitely between Forest Mushrooms, Armed Boss, and Smithy first form. My pick would probably be...Smithy.

Another one I don't see many suggest: Barrel Volcano. I'd be interested in how an arrangement of that would shake out. And though it may be a remix of a remix, this one might be cool, and it wouldn't require licensing:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The safe route would probably be better for him, but I'm trying to think back - has Smash made any characters who have had dialogue before silent?

I know Ganondorf's been made mostly into grunts.
The only big case was Mega Man, but he was not exactly the most story based IP, and his appearance was taken from the classic games, so it makes sense why he is not speaking.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
sorry guys, i made another one haha
i need to stop saving them so damn big
off the top of my head, I only know of characters that have been mute but then gotten voices. Technicallyyyy we could say Lucas isn't mute because I believe he did "Say" stuff in Mother 3, but let's just count him as mute anyway. Olimar isn't really mute either, but I don't remember him having any voice clips in Smash.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
The safe route would probably be better for him, but I'm trying to think back - has Smash made any characters who have had dialogue before silent?

I know Ganondorf's been made mostly into grunts.
Unless you count Samus and her monologue at the beginning of Super Metroid, then I don't believe so. Zelda and Shiek would both fall under this, though, along with Ganondorf. I think it's possible he could be silent or battle grunts only, or just slightly vocal, like Meta Knight. I'm 50/50 on that.

Also, just saw that this actually IS the support thread in second place! Not counting Ashley, of course. It's by a pretty large margin, too.

Second place, guys! It's good at (near) the top...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yeah... Thing is, Geno has a voice in the games, but it's also text so it's really a coin toss. From replaying the game, I feel like they're gonna just go the safe route and make it sound effects, especially since the Mario characters are mostly just noises anyways

We'll have to see; I just want him to say "Genoooooooo Whirl" for the final smash so badly.

Unless you count Samus and her monologue at the beginning of Super Metroid, then I don't believe so. Zelda and Shiek would both fall under this, though, along with Ganondorf. I think it's possible he could be silent or battle grunts only, or just slightly vocal, like Meta Knight. I'm 50/50 on that.

Also, just saw that this actually IS the support thread in second place! Not counting Ashley, of course. It's by a pretty large margin, too.

Second place, guys! It's good at (near) the top...
We're gonna get both the Isaac and Geno thread bigger than Ashley. You better believe it.

Anyone made a Geno For Smash twitter account, yet?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Sorry to betray our love for Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (I was never crazy about that song anyway, if I'm honest), but I'd have to go with Smithy's first battle theme. It's just so... blood-pumping and intense. Probably my favorite track in the game other than maybe Culex's theme, which is just a remix of FF6's boss theme anyway.
On the topic of his voice, I still imagine Geno being mute if he ever gets into Smash. Don't know why, considering he does speak, but it just makes sense in my head for some reason.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I actually want to shift gears and revisit the Peach's Final Smash topic.

I actually don't see that being linked to Psychbomb considering she throws a literal bomb at everyone. I just don't see that being too true to her overall character. Especially seeing Daisy as her echo now, I don't think that would be a proper overall representation to either of them. I see it being tweaked to something like a Toad Army charging.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know what is a weird hope of mine? That if Geno is included, I hope Chrisopher Niosi, the animator behind Rawest Forrest and Waltz of the Forest, will make something in celebration. Not as big as a new song, I don't anyone expects him to do that, but just some little animated tribute.

I actually don't see that being linked to Psychbomb considering she throws a literal bomb at everyone. I just don't see that being too true to her overall character. Especially seeing Daisy as her echo now, I don't think that would be a proper overall representation to either of them. I see it being tweaked to something like a Toad Army charging.
Oh right, there is the theory Peach will get a SMRPG based final smash. I forgot about that.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

Wait, I thought Peach's final smash had been seen already. Did I miss something?

If it has been changed, I doubt it would be Psych Bomb either. That move's whole hook was that it made zero sense for her to have it, thus the humor/WTF moment. It certainly doesn't fit her character, nor would it look appropriate in full 3D.

Not sure what else it would be, though.

JoeStronger

Smash Cadet
Whipped this up today for those who were wanting an image with supporting evidence towards Geno's inclusion. I think it covers about everything important. Didn't include the double Mushroom icons on the music page because it was supposedly the same in Smash 4.
View attachment 158028
I can't find the source on the second piece of information about the senior artist. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641

She threw bombs in SMB2, and then there’s the “voice change” in Mario and Luigi :)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You know what is a weird hope of mine? That if Geno is included, I hope Chrisopher Niosi, the animator behind Rawest Forrest and Waltz of the Forest, will make something in celebration. Not as big as a new song, I don't anyone expects him to do that, but just some little animated tribute.

Oh right, there is the theory Peach will get a SMRPG based final smash. I forgot about that.
What Final Smash are we thinking for Peach?

I'm just wondering if they'd paste it onto Daisy, which, and let's be real here, would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom