• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not going to give names because I don't think I'm in the position to, but I can assure you some of the most reputable people have been telling me outright that Geno is leakbait. I personally still have faith in him, but I think it's noteworthy. I'm not going to say who it is, but I'll just say if they posted it publically, it'd be a big deal...

There's a good reason Psycho wants to lower expectations a bit.
My expectations are in check, but I'm still calling BS on Geno of all things being leakbait. When DQ had so many names out there, it to me comes across as the exact opposite of Geno being leakbait. It's entirely possible they have good intentions, but they were duped.

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
I'm not going to give names because I don't think I'm in the position to, but I can assure you some of the most reputable people have been telling me outright that Geno is leakbait. I personally still have faith in him, but I think it's noteworthy. I'm not going to say who it is, but I'll just say if they posted it publically, it'd be a big deal...

Oh... That’s worrying

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
The stars are aligning for Geno my goodness. HQ a random trivia game mentioning Geno by name when talking about Mario and mentioning Smash Ultimate at the beginning. Why would they do that? Possibly to familiarize people with who he is and then announce him for smash?
WAIT, WHAT?! Where'd you hear this, Kaptain?!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
"lets just use our most requested character as leakbait so we can release a character 2 people asked for" isnt really something i can imagine anyone with more than 2 braincells doing

D

Deleted member

"lets just use our most requested character as leakbait so we can release a character 2 people asked for" isnt really something i can imagine anyone with more than 2 braincells doing
Same. Especially if he is a far lesser known name than the other Square Enix characters

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay I'm back.

If Geno turns out to be leakbait with the massive fanbase he has and the current evidence towards him is all bull...

People are gonna be a tiny bit more than mad.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Does Nintendo just never win any awards? Unless I missed something, I don't think they won anything yet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Seriously though, the only person who would know what the DLC actually is would be a higher-up, if any lower employee is calling Geno leakbait but considering everything else then that's just bias.

Now, if they're actually hiding info but saying this to "temper expectations" (this is gettin' annoying kinda) because they saw the trailer or something, then okay.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Man, every time I hear that Switch snap on my other tab that's viewing the VGA, I get a mini heart attack.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

To them I say f*** their leakbait. My expectations are about as low as they can get. This is just downright depressing.

D

Deleted member

So if this person said something, it would be worrying?

So Vergeben, then.
If Vergeben says anything, it will contradict his statement about him saying that if he mentions a SE character, people will get fired. I don't think he will

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Does Nintendo just never win any awards? Unless I missed something, I don't think they won anything yet.
It's been nothing but red dead redemption and God of war, same old same old. There have been 3rd party announcements, but I don't think they've won anything yet either.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Bit sad that Connor from Detroit Become Human lost. Always thought he was the strongest character in that game. Oh well.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It's been nothing but red dead redemption and God of war, same old same old. There have been 3rd party announcements, but I don't think they've won anything yet either.
That must be so awkward for Reggie lmao. I wonder if there's some Sony and Microsoft bias because in the larger gaming community as a whole Nintendo is either seen as a joke or just ends up getting the short end of the stick. We all know that Smash is one of the most popular games coming out this year yet they've barely mentioned it so far.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Moreover, why would something everyone and their mother has been predicting, (and I mean you can judge a fake leak's believability by virtue of his disinclusion) be a name square uses as leakbait. it doesn't make sense. It's such an oversaturated prediction, how could you hope to catch whoever leaked it?

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
That must be so awkward for Reggie lmao. I wonder if there's some Sony and Microsoft bias because in the larger gaming community as a whole Nintendo is either seen as a joke or just ends up getting the short end of the stick. We all know that Smash is one of the most popular games coming out this year yet they've barely mentioned it so far.
That's usually how gaming events play out in general. Microsoft, Sony, and a bunch of other lesser known companies release a whole butt-ton of games, then at some point in the event, Nintendo gets a sort of exclusive part of whatever presentation it is, showing off all their stuff, then it's done.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Possibly because Smash Ultimate hasn't been released yet. I'd be very surprised if Ultimate didn't win anything.

I'm already disgusted about IGN giving it a 9.4/10 and not like a 9.8 or higher... absolutely disgusted about that. Sakurai and his team did everything to make this game, they should at least be getting multiple awards.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Nintendo never wins any awards because their games are actually good instead of just being whatever people will buy.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
oh nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they brought out the guy in the crash bandicoot costume

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom