• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pumpkin and Apple both have their advantages.

I really enjoy pumpkin pie if I eat it only every once in a while. While I enjoy apple if I eat it more.

JuryRigging

Smash Cadet
Xeno is currently having a meltdown in the shadows. He made a smashboards profile just to dm me saying we need to talk and asking why I said stuff. Then he deleted his dms on Discord (good thing i screenshotted them all!) And accused my source of being my alter ego and claimed Polarpanda is an alter ego because its a different name than on discord, despite my discord literally being linked on my smashboards profile. LOL
Holy ****, what an eventful day. Things only go up from here!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If I'm eating a home-made pie, I could eat until I'm full; or, well, I feel that way, but tbh I don't get that many pieces :p

I love home-made Pumpkin Pies.

To be fair, though, I don't usually eat any other pie, because I've become focused on the pumpkin.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I’m pretty sure I made this exact post like fifty pages ago now, but it bears repeating now that it seems we have quite a few new people around.

I really think it’s worth comparing Smash 4’s DLC to both Ultimate’s base roster and prospective DLC.

With Smash 4, you had seven characters. The first was an incredibly-well-known character that was most likely cut from the base game, given out as part of an early purchase offer. Then you had two characters that are complete unknowns to the general populace, but are well-loved by Smash fans. And then you had a third-party with not that many Smash requests, but generally fit well in the game and completely made sense being there. And then... well.

For Smash 4’s fifth character, they fulfilled a long-standing “never ever” request that hung around since Brawl, albeit as sort of a meme, but they made it happen nonetheless. It also certainly took a bit of the annoyance away from this sixth character literally being Mr/Ms. Paul Marketing, which was further helped by the seventh and final character being the big ballot winner... whether you actually believe that she was or not.

And now, moving onto Ultimate’s base roster.

To start with, you had the character that literally everyone that’s been following Nintendo at all in the last couple years expected. Then, you had an “ascended alternate costume” that served to explain the new category of “Echo Fighters” quite well.

And then you had one of the largest “never-ever” requests in the series’ history suddenly fulfilled, with a character that’s relatively obscure to most.

Then, two months later, we got another popular third-party with not too many Smash requests, but one that fit quite well and made perfect sense to be added, along with his clone. Another two highly-requested clones immediately followed, topped off by a second huge “never-ever” pick of a relatively obscure character with a major Smash following.

The last three characters were far more underwhelming, however, with a semiclone that practically everyone expected, an Echo that literally everyone expected, and the obligatory new Pokemon.

And now, for Ultimate’s first DLC of six, you have... an incredibly-well-known character that was most likely cut from the base game, given out as part of an early purchase offer.

Which makes me believe that we’re getting the following for the pass:

-A relatively wanted Smash request
-A third party with little Smash requests that fits quite well
-An insane, megaton “never-ever” pick
-Another Paul Marketing
-And another relatively wanted Smash request.

Not sure of the order(they’d probably save the megaton for last), but considering how recent reveals have gone, this is what I’m fully expecting.

Last edited:

xenother

Smash Apprentice
well now since your here xenother xenother i would like to know why you think geno is unlikely.
I know Geno would make a lot of people happy, and I'd quite like to see him in the game, but there's a lot against him.

I heard Geno's name from multiple sources, but each of them had the same thing to say, which boiled down to "the Square character isn't Geno". There are other reasons which I'd prefer not to share (enough info I don't want to come out has found it's way out). On top of all of that, there are a lot of things pointing to a different character.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Holy ****, what an eventful day. Things only go up from here!
You can say that again. We had a massive discussion about thread etticute and what it means to support, a comrade in arms salute to the Isaac fanbase after finding out that they might have not been considered at all, then all this leak stuff happens, then xenother xenother shows up in the (Digital)flesh, which is half ignored at first in order to answer AugustusB AugustusB 's question about our favorite pie's. I mean, you can't leave a man hanging when they ask that sort of question.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pie? Alright, hear me out... I like to bake and last October I created what I call a Mexican pumpkin pie. The crust is smashed Graham crackers with cayenne pepper, the filling is pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, Mexican chili powder, cinnamon, and cocoa powder, and it's topped with honey vanilla whipped cream. Fell in love first time I ate it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I know Geno would make a lot of people happy, and I'd quite like to see him in the game, but there's a lot against him.

I heard Geno's name from multiple sources, but each of them had the same thing to say, which boiled down to "the Square character isn't Geno". There are other reasons which I'd prefer not to share (enough info I don't want to come out has found it's way out). On top of all of that, there are a lot of things pointing to a different character.
Uh, anyway to...Be "clearer" as of why your sources think it's not Geno?

Btw : Apple pie is my fav alongside lemon pie

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmmm...we know Square Enix uses leak bait for their characters, so "sources" saying "Geno isn't in" kinda doesn't mean much

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

No offense, but you also made a pretty bogus seeming claim about Chun Li being cut content because of ''moveset potential."

Also there's such confusion about the Square character as well as a lot of people admitting to bias against certain ones, etc.

Why do we trust your word? Why do we give you time of day? Why are you the one who is CERTAIN about a square rep being in or out when Hitagi, Verge, a number of people have all openly admitted no one can be 100 percent certain ''It's not ___" for any of them.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I know Geno would make a lot of people happy, and I'd quite like to see him in the game, there's a lot against him.

Without going into to much detail, does this supposed character is in the line of marketing?

As in, a marketing choice as oppose to a fan choice?

If you are not able to say, I respect the silence.

EDIT: Pumpkin is pretty awesome. xenother xenother

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh and my favorite pie is cherry pie.

Unless we count a cheesecake? Then cheesecake of any kind is my favorite kind of pie.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

My question is: Did they think he wasn’t the character because he’s already a spirit?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Without going into to kuch detail, does this supposed character is in the line of marketing?

As in, a marketing choice as oppose to a fan choice?

If you are not able to say, I respect the silence.
im not gonna take this guy seriously, but if the first dlc somehow is a marketing pick im gonna lose all hope for dlc being good lol

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Hmmm...we know Square Enix uses leak bait for their characters, so "sources" saying "Geno isn't in" kinda doesn't mean much
i agree with zack if we have no idea who is dlc and square likes to throw out names. hearing more about dq makes it even less likely

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here's my problem with saying "the character isn't Geno."

Why mention him at all...?

Vergeben's source seems to be the same way from what I've read before in here.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Also, as for pie, my favorite is basically taking a slice of chocolate and a slice of banana creme, then mixing the two together. They generally have to be separate pies, since my attempts at baking both flavors into one... have never exactly went all that well.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I do understand.
But the issue is that Vergeben have his source says to not think of it seriously.
Hitagi that think he's a red Hearring
Then we have PolarPanda PolarPanda who seems to be at the very least be neutral / A rumour is around about Geno's name at the very least.

There's probably a way to explain how, or why without ruining your sources integrity, just like Polar was able to do

xenother

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but you also made a pretty bogus seeming claim about Chun Li being cut content because of ''moveset potential."

Also there's such confusion about the Square character as well as a lot of people admitting to bias against certain ones, etc.

Why do we trust your word? Why do we give you time of day? Why are you the one who is CERTAIN about a square rep being in or out when Hitagi, Verge, a number of people have all openly admitted no one can be 100 percent certain ''It's not ___" for any of them.
I have no bias in regards to Square characters. In all honesty, I haven't played the game of any character on the list. Personally I'd be fine with any of them getting in, but it isn't necessarily the reality.

I'm not 100% certain as to the Square character as of yet, but there is one that I am heavily leaning towards at this point.

As for the Chun-Li claim, I think the confusion here stems over some misinterpretation. I'm guessing people think that my claim that she was scrapped/cut conflicts with what Sakurai said about no cuts being made once the roster was decided. Deciding on a moveset is something that happens very early on in development, a moveset would need to be decided upon before development starts. I personally think that it's stupid that they couldn't come up with a proper moveset, but that's the info that I was given.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sorry. This is a pretty cop out answer.

Especially since I can understand that no one likes their info shared against their will, and I even pointed that out to Polar myself speaking with them personally.

You also don't look particularly good following someone to another message board searching for answers, man.

There are people you can trust on this board however. Numerous ones of us are more than capable of keeping vital info safe.

Hell, I know personally the one you quoted there to be one of the ones who you should probably trust the most.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's my problem with saying "the character isn't Geno."

Why mention him at all...?

Vergeben's source seems to be the same way from what I've read before in here.
Exactly. If it isn't Geno, why not say that it isn't like the source did with Sora? And if Vergeben shouldn't "take Geno seriously," why mention him anyways?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's this about Chun Li now? Chun Li would have been a million times better than Ken

I've mained Chun Li since Street Fighter 2

paper roxy

Smash Ace
"this is a highly requested character on the levels of king k rool with smash appeal, but we'll just use him as leak bait. that totally wont be a let down for a big chunk of the fanbase. we're very smart" - what these """leakers""" think square is like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom