• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
View attachment 296012

Well, 40 minutes left. I have no idea what to think, I was expecting to go in expecting the worst but everything that happened last night has me more intrigued than anything else. The in-game site hasn't failed us before but... one costume? I keep thinking I might have missed something or there's some weird alternative explanation but that's what the post numbers point towards. If he does come with more than one I'm even more confused because what the hell are those four posts they skipped over then? (Unlike Spirit and Tournament Events, General Posts numbers that are skipped over are filled relatively quickly, and are pretty much always related to a batch of update posts, so if 106-109 AREN'T for Sephiroth, what ARE they for?)
Maybe we're getting 9.1.0 tonight which features a new stage/returning stage, kinda like the Small Battlefield patch? That's legitimately the only thing I could think of that wouldn't mean there's only one costume in the pass.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Good luck tonight guys. I've had a lot of fun lurking in your thread from time to time, it always brings me back to the days of Smash speculation that I loved, with all of the ups and downs that came along with it. While everyone would obviously have preferred that Geno became playable a long time ago, I have been slightly envious of you being able to still have this great community experience, believe me when I say that Smash speculation is never quite the same after you get your never-ever.

If Geno does get revealed as a costume tonight, I hope you can at least take solace in that you've all been part of something special, even if you didn't get your reward at the end of it. If he doesn't appear, then I won't know what to make of it, which would be oddly fitting, it's kinda hard to imagine Ultimate speculation without that everlasting question mark that Geno has been.

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
Regardless of outcome, we've got a fun game made by a team that's toiled away for us in a field that most of us really don't know the full complexity of.
I'm looking forward to enjoying whatever we get. No Smash Bros game has ever let me down nor has any of the DLC.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Maybe we're getting 9.1.0 tonight which features a new stage/returning stage, kinda like the Small Battlefield patch? That's legitimately the only thing I could think of that wouldn't mean there's only one costume in the pass.
But we know Sephiroth is out this month, they aren't going to release a small patch tonight and then the REAL 10.0.0 next week, that's silly.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Less than thirty minutes to go! To the Genobro/sis diehards, best of luck. Seriously, you guys are some of the most tenacious fans around and deserve a win after so long. Whatever happens, and in case the thread gets hectic and is locked again, I'm stoked to be able to say I was here!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Outside of Geno, mainly I just hope we get more than One-Winged Angel and the Advent Children cover of One-Winged Angel, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if that's all a giant franchise like Final Fantasy is getting in Smash. Not even into the series and I can tell the two tracks we have now hardly do Final Fantasy VII justice, let alone the whole series.

Last edited:

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
If we end up getting a Mii Outfit, hopefully it's an upgrade from the Smash 4 outfit and comes with a song or two. The other deluxe Miis look fantastic. The Smash 4 outfit just doesn't look right.

Side note, it's actually very much in-character for Sans to have someone dress up as him instead of him actually fighting, since he's so lazy.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Just remember folks, after the presentation, no matter what the outcome is, your report button will be useful:
View attachment 295972

View attachment 295970
Let's stay united in our hopes of our boi surviving and coming to Smash!
f763dc4adda2871b86cfcccd1a9bcb4e.jpg
Look Gary! There I am!

And Wii Fit Trainer no less if I'm that's cool with me!

Good luck everyone! See you after the presentation. I'm sure no matter what comes of it Sakurai will be hilarious and fun to watch as always!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hey I know that avatar! Trails in the Sky? About to start that game.
Yeah! She's Estelle Bright, the protagonist. A very cool one if you ask me hahaha.

Hope you enjoy the game, it's very fun. The worldbuilding and the characters are great! I advise speeding up the animations during the battles though. If you're playing with a controler you can speed up the game by holding R2/RT.

If you have any doubts about the game you can ask in her Support Thread if you want :)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Outside of Geno, mainly I just hope we get more than One-Winged Angel and the Advent Children cover of One-Winged Angel, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if that's all a giant franchise like Final Fantasy is getting in Smash. Not even into the series and I can tell the two tracks we have now hardly do Final Fantasy VII justice, let alone the whole series.
HA, HE THINKS WE'RE GETTING THE ADVENT CHILDREN VERSION OHONONONO

YOU ARE GETTING THE MIDI ONE WINGED ANGEL AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT!

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Thanks for reminding me we're stuck with ****ty MIDIs for Dragon Quest. Which doesn't do any favors for my expectations.

Imagine if all we got for Geno were MIDIs of Beware the Forest Mushrooms and the battle theme.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I would also like to thank the fine folks who apparently had their tires slashed by Geno; because of their obses-, er, PASSIONATE desire to remind anyone, everyone, everything 24/7 with how much they hate some character from a 90s video game, Geno's name has been spread to people's attention far more than the fanbase could ever do. Now he's one of the first things that come to mind in Smash speculation.

So, to all Geno haters: thanks for helping the fanbase. He might have fallen to obscurity and out of speculation if it wasn't for you. Cheers.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
welp it's game time gang, I'm excited to see what's going to happen whether that's letting us live or leave. One thing I would like to note is that the missing reveal clause from the NA/EU announcements have now been rectified. So while I don't expect a fighter, or all that much besides seph honestly, I'm ready for whatever sakurai has in store for us.
1608241495817.png

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice

I had the CD-ROM PC version of Final Fantasy VII. MIDI One Winged Angel sounding like a series of farts coming from my Windows 95 PC.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
welp it's game time gang, I'm excited to see what's going to happen whether that's letting us live or leave. One thing I would like to note is that the missing reveal clause from the NA/EU announcements have now been rectified. So while I don't expect a fighter, or all that much besides seph honestly, I'm ready for whatever sakurai has in store for us.
View attachment 296027
  • Later This Month
HMMM?

• Japanese Smash Twitter Specifically Mentions Information on Mii Costumes

HMMM?
NOW I'M EVEN MORE CONFUSED? I guess we better just strap in and pray, this is going to be a B U M P Y R I D E

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
  • Later This Month
HMMM?

• Japanese Smash Twitter Specifically Mentions Information on Mii Costumes

HMMM?
NOW I'M EVEN MORE CONFUSED? I guess we better just strap in an pray, this is going to be a B U M P Y R I D E
So does that mean we are not getting Sephiroth tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom