• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Grrr, THIS is why i always say if you're an insider the best thing you can do is WATCH WHAT YOU ****ING SAY! You are not a "Normal" person no matter how much you might want to be treated like one. Your words MEAN something and will be taken seriously by someone as a result. THINK before you make jokes!
Oh no! Someone who had no reason to post those gifs and images like they did made a neutral response to someone's comment! THIS DISCREDITS EVERYTHING THEY HAVE EVER DONE! I KNEW WE SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN HYPE ABOUT LITERALLY ANYTHING EVER!

Boy, this thread is pathetic sometimes.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
he’s not an insider. Why are people assuming he’s an insider. He clearly heard about that girl who said she heard about a mario RPG 2 by square being made and then just passed it on.

Let me get this right. According to people if you mention wanting Geno in smash or w possibility of a mark RPG remake then your automatically an insider with info.
Yes, didn’t you know? Everyone’s an insider! Everyone’s here!
The whole term “insider” makes me laugh, haha.
I’m not saying some people haven’t heard some things, but it’s ludicrous how quick people are to jump to those conclusions that seem to boil down to speculation. shrug

Edit: To be clear, I still think Geno has a good shot. But I have from the very beginning, not because someone heard from someone that someone mentioned Geno.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, while I'm not 100% All-In on total confirmation that our rep is next-in-line, I do believe rather heavily in the old adage 'Where there's smoke, there's fire'. It's incredibly hard for me to ignore the fact that Geno's name, or Mario RPG in general, has continued to be a part of the overall conversation in some form or fashion. When you have a lot of prominent people continuously talking about the game, or adding into speculation, or posting about the character, and they keep going "Aha, but, what if, t'was joking?", it is, admittedly, very weird. Especially since it just keeps happening.

And, you know what? Let us suppose this: They very well might just be having a little fun! But, man, they've been having this fun for quite a while, and they haven't gotten tired of it, yet. That's the big thing that kind of has me going "What is going on??"

AugustusB

Smash Champion
How did you know about it?
I only heard about it closer to the beginning of August or late July. A certain spinach eating sailor shared this knowledge with me when I asked them about the whole Geno and Mallow in Mario Kart Tour rumor. I heard about that outside of here and assumed it was a joke, then I was gifted the knowledge since I have been supporting this character since before Ultimate released.

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
he’s not an insider. Why are people assuming he’s an insider. He clearly heard about that girl who said she heard about a mario RPG 2 by square being made and then just passed it on.

Let me get this right. According to people if you mention wanting Geno in smash or w possibility of a mark RPG remake then your automatically an insider with info.
I edited my post to clarify things. He may not know anything about Geno directly, but he is clearly connected.

asked them about the whole Geno and Mallow in Mario Kart Tour rumor.
Wait, what?! Ngl I'm probably the only man in all of nintendo fanboydom who plays that game religiously still. Be still my beating heart...

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I only heard about it closer to the beginning of August or late July. A certain spinach eating sailor shared this knowledge with me when I asked them about the whole Geno and Mallow in Mario Kart Tour rumor. I heard about that outside of here and assumed it was a joke, then I was gifted the knowledge since I have been supporting this character since before Ultimate released.
If they come to Mario Kart Tour I better save my Rubies. But next tour is 16 bit DK Jr. dang it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
DarkShadow20 DarkShadow20 and CopperKoopa CopperKoopa
I'm curious what he's talking about for 3D World. My personal hope is that Nintendo finally said "** it" and Wario, Waluigi, and Daisy will finally be playable in a Mario platformer. On the topic of caving to long time fan demands, one goofy AF rumor is Geno and Mallow eventually coming to Mario Kart Tour and my reaction is likely what all of yours are... WTF? On one hand it would hilarious while on the other hand it's the definition of Monkey Paw ** and I'm 99% sure it's bull**** or leakbait. Do characters cost money because there's no way in hell Square would agree to free cameos if they practically kicked and screamed about Cloud not coming back as DLC a second time.
This was brought up back in Mid July. Pretty sure it is a false rumor, but would love it nonetheless!

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
To keep backing up my point, here's a couple links and an image I found super quick to prove Roger is connected so it's not crazy to say he maybe knows something

Attachments

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

Personally don’t consider the RogersBase stuff significant evidence for Geno, but Roger does know things occasionally. He knew about Incineroar before the reveal for example. He’s not someone like NateDrake or Zell but he does pick up on some things occasionally

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Actually, marketing being in charge of reveals can have this mish mash of insiders referencing Geno at odd times make sense. Right now Nintendo's marketing is a flaming dumpster fire of wishy-washy and dumb decisions to the point of amateurish parody making some .......questionable choices as of late but are also all over the place. While before insiders could use the defense of 'My intel is right but Nintendo switched things at the last second' when things are incorrect at the time and get scoffed at as a weak counter, I think now it's a legitimate excuse. Nintendo marketing is just bouncing around that much this year that changes on a whim are possible (not smart, but this is their marketing department).

So an insider coyly referencing Geno at this date, but another at that date, and even a third at this date, could ALL be right and because Nintendo can't make a commitment to a decision, the dates can change too easily.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Yo guys, just realized something when looking at the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary font used for the recent Direct and now noticed that the font looked a bit similar.
tinfoil hat warning

Albeit the SMRPG logo looks more polygonal-like, the use of yellow as the color fill for both logos does seem quite interesting. :nifty:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It was updated on Tuesday and we got the Direct on Thursday. However, I doubt that it's consistently two days between an update and a Direct.
It's still quite bizarre that the Direct site has been updated twice within a single week like this. I think at the very least the theory of there being something by Thursday of next week is looking more and more plausible

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Put this link in the box:
Interesting. It's not the Mario Direct as the update, is it? If not, maybe we can expect a Direct, soon?

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Well, there was a post of the copyright for Super Mario RPG and that the Direct site updated a second time this week today if you mean any news/updates
I want to point out that the copyright was US only and from 96. No idea if there's something more recent. I scoured japanese copyright pages to see if I can find anything but nope. This one dude is really good at these though. He's the one who found Golden Sun and interestingly both Rhythm Heaven and Wrecking Crew which could support Fatmanonice Fatmanonice about the indie revivals thing (Wrecking Crew totally fits the bill for one too)

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Oh dear GOD no. Their marketing team has been so inefficient and blundering this year, making decisions as if they are literally flailing their arms around while holding a Magic 8 Ball. If they are in charge of reveals, they will botch the timing where the characters are already released. I bet their next character reveal will be Mario.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I would not be surprised in the least if Fighter 7 and possibly Fighter 8 are both already done at this point (as in, everything up to the required balancing and finishing touches) and Nintendo is waiting for the "perfect" time to drop them on us, while the Smash devs have moved on the other fighters.

He's an insider, he's an insider, you're an insider, I'm an insider...

Are there any other insiders I should know about?!

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I would not be surprised in the least if Fighter 7 and possibly Fighter 8 are both already done at this point (as in, everything up to the required balancing and finishing touches) and Nintendo is waiting for the "perfect" time to drop them on us, while the Smash devs have moved on the other fighters.

crowd of "insiders" meow

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

Nasally Meow

Attachments

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok, that make sense, also there is the fact that Nintendo knows why many hype could a Smash character have so I doubt they won't "let" people react becausr they weren't ready
Well, there was a post of the copyright for Super Mario RPG and that the Direct site updated a second time this week today if you mean any news/updates
But I don't understand, why is the SMRPG Copyright relevant? It was updated recently?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Its actually been one year when they announced that more DLC was coming (Byleth's showcase was them officially making it Pass 2). And since new characters take almost a year and negotiations have to be done prior to starting, odds are the first Min Min and character 7 had half of their work done last September, with character 8 getting the foundation down. When Sakurai said that there was some difficulty negotiating due to this ****ing virus, that was probably character 10 or 11.

But the idea of 'perfect' time? Nope, Nintendo this year cannot read a room to save their lives. Announcing a partner direct at midnight, dropping Mario anniversary with zero warning, being silent for month's on end, releasing a Paper Mario TOK interview that reaffirms the complaints people had and was actually worse than what people suspected the day before the game's release, announcing the reveal of a new game a day in advance that turned out to be future Walmart bargain bin filler. Nintendo can't tell time, let alone perfect time.

Their current sense of 'perfect' timing is offering a wedding anniversary present to a couple who got divorced 4 years earlier.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
But the idea of 'perfect' time? Nope, Nintendo this year cannot read a room to save their lives. Announcing a partner direct at midnight, dropping Mario anniversary with zero warning, being silent for month's on end, releasing a Paper Mario TOK interview that reaffirms the complaints people had and was actually worse than what people suspected the day before the game's release, announcing the reveal of a new game a day in advance that turned out to be future Walmart bargain bin filler. Nintendo can't tell time, let alone perfect time.

Their current sense of 'perfect' timing is offering a wedding anniversary present to a couple who got divorced 4 years earlier.
... I know. That's why I put "perfect" in quotes.

Given how Nintendo's marketing has been this year, it's entirely possible that Fighters Pass 2 will miss the December 2021 deadline and the reveals will have to bleed into 2022.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
... I know. That's why I put "perfect" in quotes.

Given how Nintendo's marketing has been this year, it's entirely possible that Fighters Pass 2 will miss the December 2021 deadline and the reveals will have to bleed into 2022.
And the thing is, people will mostly accept delays. What's ticking them off is the silence about anything. What was so hard about announcing that Min Min was character 6 back in March? So she got delayed to June. There was a 3 month gap between Banjo-Kazooie's reveal and release, so the wait isn't the end of the world. People would rather know who the characters are and then they will wait for the release.

But I agree that its going past 2021. 9 months into this pass and we know a grand total of one character. What people fear is character 9's reveal will be in 2022 just because how Nintendo dragged this out. Those Mario Collection games would have been a bigger surprise and bigger reaction if Nintendo didn't drag their feet with it, leaving insiders as the only source of Nintendo news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom