• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
the fact that in smash 4 geno's mii costume got its own splash screen, aka he was more spectacularly presented than any other mii costume, yet he only got a second of screen time in the direct has to mean something
Bringing up the unique splash screen made me realize something:
Even if Geno gets in as DLC, we may get cheated out of a CGI Trailer,
We may get cheated out of any Story mode involvement,
We may even get cheated out of SMRPG Music and a Stage if the DLC pack contents aren't restricted to being from the same franchise.

But even with all that, there is one thing they can't deny us with his inclusion:
A Geno Amiibo. Guaranteed.
And to be honest if I could get a hold of one of those then I could say that the sacrifices would be worth it.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
We may even get cheated out of SMRPG Music and a Stage if the DLC pack contents aren't restricted to being from the same franchise.

But even with all that, there is one thing they can't deny us with his inclusion:
And to be honest if I could get a hold of one of those then I could say that the sacrifices would be worth it.
honestly, having geno as a fighter and getting a geno amiibo would 200% make up for him not being in spirits mode or having a reveal trailer

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice

Most of the dlc dlc characters from smash 4 got cgi trailers. Yeah Geno isn't getting the story mode plus it's not story mode sakurai ssid it's adventure mode. If your talking about corrin that was because they already included a fire emblem fates/birthright stage because sakurai didn't plan on adding them but Nintendo told him to to promote it in the west because it wasn't out there while it was in Japan. Geno is a square enix rep and he would most definitely get a stage especially after sakurai said that all characters will come with a character, a stage and lots of music.
Screenshot_20181101-123319_YouTube.jpg

RingJ5

Smash Ace
A small recap of leaks/rumors so far regarding all potential Square reps:

DQ rep:
-LeakyPandy has stated that a DQ rep will be announced at the VGAs.
-A couple GameFAQs threads appeared earlier saying that Hitagi claimed that the Square rep was either Sora or Slime, however no proof of this claim has surfaced.

Sora:
-Spawn Wave has stated that Sora will be announced at the VGAs.
-A couple GameFAQs threads appeared earlier saying that Hitagi claimed that the Square rep was either Sora or Slime, however no proof of this claim has surfaced.

Geno:
-Ealier in this thread, PolarPanda mentioned a rumor apparently going around at NOA that Geno is playable in some form.
-Jon from GX, who has gotten some eerily correct “predictions” lately, said that Geno would be the first DLC.

Misc/Overall:
-Vergeben claims that the Square Enix rep will be the first DLC.
-He also claims that Square has been intentionally giving out fake character names to catch leakers.

Taking all these into account, my theory is that Sora and the DQ rep were some of those extra names being thrown around, but the VGA reveal is most likely happening, and it’s almost certainly Geno.

Dan

Smash Lord
Speaking on Mario RPG plushes, the Mallow plush might be the most rare/coveted plush in gaming memorabilia history; watch this video:

There is no official Geno plush that we're aware of.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, I can't believe that Sakurai went with this Spirits mode and then didn't add Geno to the roster... Like he is literally perfect if the rest of the world got taken over that a Geno from the heavens comes to aid the characters in Spirits. That's just too perfect an opportunity that is missed unfortunately...

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Yeah, I can't believe that Sakurai went with this Spirits mode and then didn't add Geno to the roster... Like he is literally perfect if the rest of the world got taken over that a Geno from the heavens comes to aid the characters in Spirits. That's just too perfect an opportunity that is missed unfortunately...
it's so true! I honestly think it's probably Square being, well.. Square. But you know, as long as he comes I know we're all gonna be happy! :)

RingJ5

Smash Ace
it's so true! I honestly think it's probably Square being, well.. Square. But you know, as long as he comes I know we're all gonna be happy! :)
The English translation of the Direct also literally uses the term “puppet fighter”. I get the feeling that it was perfect enough that Sakurai really wanted him in the base game, but alas, it didn’t end up happening, most likely because Square wanted more money.

This is a totally baseless guess, and I’ll fully admit to that, but it would not surprise me in the slightest if both Pirahna Plant and Geno were planned as the last two base-game reveals, but they both couldn’t be finished in time and Square wanted the extra money per purchase. So instead of a cool dual-reveal that references the original Mario RPG Japanese commercial(which the potted plant is directly from), we have this weird “one’s a pre-order bonus, the other starts off the pack” thing.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I was thinking about it today that it should've been Waluigi holding the plant as an homage to the Mario Party artwork, an actual reason the plant can move and to troll the fans further.

paper roxy

Smash Ace

DQ rep:

Sora:

Geno:
-Ealier in this thread, PolarPanda mentioned a rumor apparently going around at NOA that Geno is playable in some form.
-Jon from GX, who has gotten some eerily correct “predictions” lately, said that Geno would be the first DLC.

Misc/Overall:
-He also claims that Square has been intentionally giving out fake character names to catch leakers.

Taking all these into account, my theory is that Sora and the DQ rep were some of those extra names being thrown around, but the VGA reveal is most likely happening, and it’s almost certainly Geno.
dont forget the personal bias sakurai has towards geno (those statements were also around the time the roster and dlc lineup are speculated to have been finalized), and the fact that vergebens square dlc being first and jon's geno being first narrative line up

Last edited:

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Announcing Geno at the VGAs is a very Nintendo thing to do.
It's very weird how IP ownership was settled back then, StarFox Assault was a Namco game, yet all of it's characters and assets are owned by Nintendo. Star Hill and the toad Counsellor were used in Paper Mario and Mario&Luigi, yet Geno needed the statement that Square owned him in M&L:SS.
It's like if Rare got the rights for DK64 support cast when they negociated with Nintendo, and we were arguing if Lanky Kong could be in Smash before Banjo.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Geno:
Speaking of Jon from Gamexplain, he also tweeted these:

Probably just trolling, but it seems to contradict his prediction during the video. Maybe he got some new information or something after the direct, who knows.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209

Probably just trolling, but it seems to contradict his prediction during the video. Maybe he got some new information or something after the direct, who knows.
Cutting Geno and not L Block? LOL. Definitely a joke.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

DQ rep:

Sora:

Geno:

Misc/Overall:

Leaky Pandy also stated a lot of other things about Smash and hasn't gotten a whole of them right

waiting for Skull Kid to appear as a boss

Not saying it couldn't still happen...

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
dont forget the personal bias sakurai has towards geno (those statements were also around the time the roster and dlc lineup are speculated to have been finalized), and the fact that vergebens square dlc being first and jon's geno being first narrative line up
That’s certainly notable, but it isn’t really a rumor/leak, so I didn’t include it.

As others have said, that’s clearly a joke, but if you’ll allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for a second, the fact that he put Geno in the middle of a list of obvious joke characters and then further singled him out for “not being realistic” compared to the other picks seems a bit... interesting, knowing how much he’s gotten correct before.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
That’s certainly notable, but it isn’t really a rumor/leak, so I didn’t include it.

As others have said, that’s clearly a joke, but if you’ll allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for a second, the fact that he put Geno in the middle of a list of obvious joke characters and then further singled him out for “not being realistic” compared to the other picks seems a bit... interesting, knowing how much he’s gotten correct before.
could be him trying to get people to not expect geno (maybe nintendos orders? who knows) but yea its obviously a joke

RingJ5

Smash Ace
could be him trying to get people to not expect geno (maybe nintendos orders? who knows) but yea its obviously a joke
Personally, seeing Geno singled out as the “least realistic” when compared to four other entirely unrealistic suggestions by someone that definitely has some kind of insider info seems a bit suspect to me(in a good “he could be implying something” way), but I fully admit that that’s grasping at straws. He still has a lot of good evidence towards his inclusion besides that, but it’s worth noting.

Also, unrelated, but I just want to clear something up.

Most of the dlc dlc characters from smash 4 got cgi trailers.
This is false, only Corrin did. All other Smash 4 DLC character trailers were in-engine, as is Piranha Plant’s. Hopefully they do something special for Geno, but I’m not quite counting on it.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

True, but Geno will be a must have amiibo for me if he gets one when/if he’s revealed for DLC. :grin:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Personally, seeing Geno singled out as the “least realistic” when compared to four other entirely unrealistic suggestions by someone that definitely has some kind of insider info seems a bit suspect to me(in a good “he could be implying something” way), but I fully admit that that’s grasping at straws. He still has a lot of good evidence towards his inclusion besides that, but it’s worth noting.

This is false, only Corrin did. All other Smash 4 DLC character trailers were in-engine, as is Piranha Plant’s. Hopefully they do something special for Geno, but I’m not quite counting on it.
I was thinking that too. Implying that "Cutting" Geno from a list of joke characters is, "even more realistic," does sound kinda bizarre in a good way. Gah! Where'd this tinfoil come from?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I was thinking that too. Implying that "Cutting" Geno from a list of joke characters is, "even more realistic," does sound kinda bizarre in a good way. Gah! Where'd this tinfoil come from?
we're geno fans, we have these on whenever sakurai so much as mutters anything remotely resembling "geno"!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1541467892595.png

Apparently some riddle leak is going around

...riddle leaks have never been true

paper roxy

Smash Ace
View attachment 176038
Apparently some riddle leak is going around

...riddle leaks have never been true
i think itd be fun to solve it even if its literal bull****

1 could be geno since the piranha plants being in a pot could be a reference to that one mario rpg commercial
2 could be sora because of Keys
i dont know what 3 would be but
4 would probably be chorus kids

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Regardless, the first DLC (in this riddle) is apparently hinting at Geno according to people

I'm just posting it for future reference ...just in case

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Laszyking456 Laszyking456 I love your Avatar! Whos the artist behind it? :)
The artist in in the description of the video
They also made a armed Hedgehog version too.
https://youtu.be/KUq8Cpl5p-Q

Sorry i was thinking of something else. The reason corrin had one was 1. To reference the game and how it works and 2. To promote it in the west. Anyways with how much he loves Geno, i think it is likely however i don't think they wanted to waste extra time making cgi trailers so wouldn't count on it.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
I really hope that if Geno becomes DLC that we will be able to get some actual remixes of the music and not just a couple of songs like Cloud did.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We don't have too long to deconfirm the riddle leak It's cut off date is sometime in December

presumably before release

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just going to post rumors even if I think they are fake so we have them as reference.

It'll be kind of like a historical archive for the next generation of Geno supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom