• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Encouraging off-site harassment
MisterMike MisterMike will remember this. :ultpacman:
Bb don't worry, I made a bookmarks folder so I'll remember it forever. Gonna get a bag of popcorn thinking "HOES MAD HOES MAD" when he's revealed going through all the salt, I'm so excited.

If anything, this ari guy is the one being annoying, and not just toxic. What he says makes him more annoying than he says we are being.
MOD EDIT: harassing people over their views on a video game character isn't cool. Don't do that.

The only thing that sucks about this is being the punching bag while we're waiting, but man it's gonna be such a slam dunk when it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
God i swear i come to this thread looking for positive things to see and discuss, and i’m met with attention-giving to obnoxious twitter whiners

Polarthief

Smash Lord
God i swear i come to this thread looking for positive things to see and discuss, and i’m met with attention-giving to obnoxious twitter whiners
But it's oh so funny; I'm sorry that you don't like it.

Legit though, what else is there to talk about? We've talked about everything remotely *touching* Geno and that includes extensive discussions about directs, ARMS, Byleth, etc.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Lurker moving back in for a second to talk about that Tweet.

I feel kinda disgusted by both the initial tweet and that other persons replies. I have seen one another annoying tweet as well not directly mocking Geno fans, but saying things like “They shouldn’t listen to western requests, they’ll just end up not being played like Ridley and Banjo” (the person left out King K. Rool, who would have made that point invalid, but hey those Twitter likes must have been too tempting).

The fact people would act this way towards an entire community just because of a few bad eggs sickens me, and is why I don’t enjoy talking about Smash speculation or which characters I want outside of my group of friends. Just ignoring all the good things the fan base has done for people just because one person wasn’t satisfied with ARMS getting in.

But just remember to stick through it and not get discouraged! Ridley and Banjo fans went through the same rough patch with certain people for awhile, and once they got in most people seemed to have shut their mouths about it. These trolls just look for who the most popular character in Speculation/requests are, and drag them through the mud until they get in.

Trust me, we’re getting Geno this Pass! We just gotta push through!

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
So remember that circle jerk twitter thread from last night? Just found this *gem* that I hope is in the Geno BestGuyEver video:
EDIT: Here's a link because "cursing bad, ree". Starts with their final post because it's the easiest way to see the tweet chain.
TL;DR: "Geno bad and irrelevant, kek". Oh man, the day he's revealed, I'm handing this to BestGuyEver immediately. Seriously this one toxic ***** inspired me to start a folder of people reeing over Geno.
Obsessing over and documenting people who don't like something you like. Because this is a healthy way to spend your time, right? Please don't be creepy towards people. This is just a video game.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Obsessing over and documenting people who don't like something you like. Because this is a healthy way to spend your time, right? Please don't be creepy towards people. This is just a video game.
I spent not even a minute on their profile, just looked at about 10 tweets and noticed a picture. I'd hardly call that obsessing.

As for "documenting", what do you think BestGuyEver does for his videos? I'm just adding some to a folder and handing it to him.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

I spent not even a minute on their profile
Yet you feel the need to document them. Document them so that you can remember their identities and return to harass them if the child-friendly video game adds the fictional character you wanted.
I'm not your boss or your mommy so I have no power over your actions but I really must request that you don't do anything to harass people over a VIDEO GAME. If you see an opinion you do not like? Ignore it. Nothing else is necessary. Building an actual creepy collection dedicated to opinions that frustrate you or you disagree with is ESPECIALLY not necessary.

Just ignore it, and live your life. Would that really be so bad?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Bb don't worry, I made a bookmarks folder so I'll remember it forever. Gonna get a bag of popcorn thinking "HOES MAD HOES MAD" when he's revealed going through all the salt, I'm so excited.

For the record, they're female. Did some snooping to see if they're just a generally toxic person (they are), and she posted a few pics.
Obs don't make fun of her for that, but do make fun of her for being a very toxic and petty person.

The only thing that sucks about this is being the punching bag while we're waiting, but man it's gonna be such a slam dunk when it happens.
Female? That's just worse in my eyes. Not trying to be sexist here, but while females can do this as well, I can say that I am more used to guys doing that than females. Don't ask why, though.

Either way, though, she should know much better than to do that.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The "leak" is definitely interesting. If Byleth was really switched, which I still strongly doubt, then it's been right about everything so far. Calling 6 characters in the second pass is really weird and specific, and I don't think anyone was expecting it. Claiming ARMS wouldn't get into the first pass but would be in the second pass is strange too. There might be something here. If so, my prediction is this.

6. Min Min
7. Geno
8. Rayman
9. Rex
10. Lloyd
11. Master Chief
If you swap rayman for crash bandicoot, this sounds like a pretty good predicition

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Well we kinda ran out of things to talk about so all we can do is use up all our cans of bull**** till June. Or leave a few for later if Geno isn't in yet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
God i swear i come to this thread looking for positive things to see and discuss, and i’m met with attention-giving to obnoxious twitter fan brats.
Sorry, had to fix it for you. Seemed like the better word.

But yeah, we can never catch a break from these brats, huh?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The only ones giving twitter users attention is you guys yourselves. You can't stab your own hand and complain when it bleeds.
Yeah, but for me, who said I was giving them attention, aside from maybe a few posts. I can just ignore them. It's not like I am going to point out their wrongs on their Twitter account.

QQS

Smash Lord
42AEE91E-9722-44D0-BE72-0857B5F0A57C.jpeg

Mega Man vs Star Man, maybe it’s the form that ♥♪!? took before possessing the Geno doll we know.

By the way, replaying one of my long time favorite hero from 1 to 11.

Link, Mega Man and Geno are my top 3 childhood heroes and favorite characters. It would be indescribable to revive with Geno in Ultimate what Mega Man made me feel in Wii U. Also, having those 3 together it’s a dream come true.

Waiting for that #77 reveal! It’s happening!

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Here's the original post that was deleted: https://www.removeddit.com/r/ARMS/comments/bp91hn/rumor_arms_2_development_confirmed_with_details/
Some of the info doesn't match and it was posted by the same OP
EDIT:
EDIT 2: Archive.org link: https://web.archive.org/web/2019051...or_arms_2_development_confirmed_with_details/
Interesting. The second version seems far less credible. Why are there two versions of this information floating around? I’m confused.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed the “same OP” thing. Fake as hell, sadly.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I spent not even a minute on their profile, just looked at about 10 tweets and noticed a picture. I'd hardly call that obsessing.

As for "documenting", what do you think BestGuyEver does for his videos? I'm just adding some to a folder and handing it to him.
What you're doing now isn't all that different from what users from GameFAQs were doing to this thread. I don't want to see this kind of behaviour, especially when it's over someone having a different opinion than you in regards to a video game character.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's the original post that was deleted: https://www.removeddit.com/r/ARMS/comments/bp91hn/rumor_arms_2_development_confirmed_with_details/
Some of the info doesn't match and it was posted by the same OP
EDIT:
EDIT 2: Archive.org link: https://web.archive.org/web/2019051...or_arms_2_development_confirmed_with_details/
Yeah, not buying it. There may be two different versions of this, but despite what the other may have said, Fighters Pass 1 was not all third party, and Fighters Pass 2 has six fighters, not five.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
What you're doing now isn't all that different from what GameFAQs was doing to this thread. I don't want to see this kind of behaviour, especially when it's over someone having a different opinion than you in regards to a video game character.

GameFAQs users will take care of that themselves anyway. We don’t need to. It was pretty funny seeing topics that had screenshots of badly aged posts after Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo were all revealed. Hopefully the same will happen with Geno.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What you're doing now isn't all that different from what users from GameFAQs were doing to this thread. I don't want to see this kind of behaviour, especially when it's over someone having a different opinion than you in regards to a video game character.
Don't remind me of what the GameFAQs people came here just to do. I won't say anything bad, except what they did was very immature. We don't need this foolishness happening again, of any kind that is, whether from outside here or from one of our own. I mean, as far as we go, we are better than this, aren't we?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yet you feel the need to document them. Document them so that you can remember their identities and return to harass them if the child-friendly video game adds the fictional character you wanted.
I'm not your boss or your mommy so I have no power over your actions but I really must request that you don't do anything to harass people over a VIDEO GAME. If you see an opinion you do not like? Ignore it. Nothing else is necessary. Building an actual creepy collection dedicated to opinions that frustrate you or you disagree with is ESPECIALLY not necessary.

Just ignore it, and live your life. Would that really be so bad?
So is BestGuyEver an obsessive bully for using a comment or two at the beginning of his Smash - Confirmed videos where someone says with absolute confidence that X will NEVER get into Smash?

SwitchButton

So is BestGuyEver an obsessive bully for using a comment or two at the beginning of his Smash - Confirmed videos where someone says with absolute confidence that X will NEVER get into Smash?
Yes absolutely. Anyone who participates in mockery culture over a children's video game is absolutely a bully. Only toxic and vindictive types make and enjoy that type of content.

D

Deleted member

Yes absolutely. Anyone who participates in mockery culture over a children's video game is absolutely a bully. Only toxic and vindictive types make and enjoy that type of content.
Guess I’m a toxic and vindictive type. That’s not bullying. The person making the comments are making themselves look like fools. They can have their own opinion for sure, but stuff eventually comes back around and bites them in the ass.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
What about when shows like Family Guy make jokes about celebrities? What about when South Park parodies a current event? Are Seth MacFarlane, Matt Stone and Trey Parker bullies? Where do you draw the line between light-hearted mockery and bullying?

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Is Nintendo still choosing the characters for Pass 2? If so, this pass might be more of what they think is "missing" in Smash Bros., along with some heavily requested third parties. Would think something along the lines of this:

6. Min Min (ARMS) - Obviously, we know by now this is an ARMS character. I feel like Min Min will be perfect for diversity in this pass by being a female character and bringing uniqueness with her dragon arm. Draws the path for Nintendo wanting to tick a few boxes before Ultimate wraps up, with ARMS being one of the last big alive Nintendo franchises without a character. Opens the way for spirits.
7. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - One of the four big fan requests: Ridley, King K. Rool, Banjo and Geno will all be done after this game. Feel like it will be E3 2020 material. Banjo / Ridley equivalence in terms of reveal.
8. Crash Bandicoot - Feels like kind-of a shoe-in. Crash is a big name who fits for a big fighter pass. Crash will be the PS equivalence for Banjo due to being a former huge Sony icon, thus bringing 3 consoles (Nintendo - Microsoft - Sony) kind of together.
9. A Rhythm Heaven character - last big active Nintendo franchise without a character, I feel it like that, and Nintendo probably does too. There's probably a Rhythm Heaven game coming from the WarioWare/RH team, as they seem to switch between a RH game and WW game everytime (RHDS -> WW DIY -> RHF -> G&W -> RHMM -> WWG). Megamix is from 2015 en WW Gold is from 2018, so 2021 wouldn't be out of the books for a new RH game. Could be good promotion! RH games do especially good in Japan. Would be unexpected, but I see a RH game coming soon. Along with the idea of Nintendo wanting what they think is "missing" in Smash, RH is in my book a lot more likely than I thought before. And I finally want that Rhythm mechanic!
10. Professor Layton - an overlooked third party-character, much like Terry last time. Level-5 meaning much to Nintendo and Layton being a huge DS icon, one of Nintendos most succesfull eras. Nintendo lists Layton on its Europese sites on its character pages, so Nintendo and Layton are definitely close already.
11. Dante (Devil May Cry) - As Nintendo is "pushing" the Devil May Cry series a bit, Dante seems like a long overdue and a super interesting and unique contribution to this DLC pack.

This way, we are looking at popular characters (also our favorite Geno!), but also representing unique game genres (rhythm and puzzling), and contributing to important parts of Nintendo history Nintendo probably wants to give a place in Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Guess I’m a toxic and vindictive type. That’s not bullying. The person making the comments are making themselves look like fools. They can have their own opinion for sure, but stuff eventually comes back around and bites them in the ass.
"Having an opinion or making any kind of guess that goes against what I want makes you a fool. If you state your opinion openly I will cause you harm over it in the future"

You're literally saying it's okay to harass people over video games. That's gross.

What about when shows like Family Guy make jokes about celebrities? What about when South Park parodies a current event? Are Seth MacFarlane, Matt Stone and Trey Parker bullies? Where is the line drawn with you?
Those are fictional and adult TV shows that are simply poking fun between people that most likely know one another. They aren't genuinely trying to cause targeted aggression towards a person for something as smalltime as their opinion on a children's video game. The lack of empathy here is disturbing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Methinks this is getting a bit off-topic and maybe we should get back to regular Geno. Besides, it was made clear the twitter stuff is inappropriate so let's move on.

I was working with Paint.net and noticed a simple feature I never did before, the "strength" of how much coloring works. No wonder I had so much damn trouble with making images transparent. I didn't actually look at my tools well enough. I've found the program pretty good, though, so I'd recommend it for anyone doing recolors. I'm sure we could see some awesome Geno palettes with that in mind~

D

Deleted member

Trolling/bait
"Having an opinion or making any kind of guess that goes against what I want makes you a fool. If you state your opinion openly I will cause you harm over it in the future"

You're literally saying it's okay to harass people over video games. That's gross.

Those are fictional and adult TV shows that are simply poking fun between people that most likely know one another. They aren't genuinely trying to cause targeted aggression towards a person for something as smalltime as their opinion on a children's video game. The lack of empathy here is disturbing.
Welcome to the internet my friend. How may we offend you today?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Methinks this is getting a bit off-topic and maybe we should get back to regular Geno. Besides, it was made clear the twitter stuff is inappropriate so let's move on.

I was working with Paint.net and noticed a simple feature I never did before, the "strength" of how much coloring works. No wonder I had so much damn trouble with making images transparent. I didn't actually look at my tools well enough. I've found the program pretty good, though, so I'd recommend it for anyone doing recolors. I'm sure we could see some awesome Geno palettes with that in mind~
What were the color palettes you found if I might ask?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What were the color palettes you found if I might ask?
I didn't really find any. A few were posted here pages back. One by Venus, at least. I think somebody linked a twitter one too?

I never really did a recolor outside of my main supported character(Brian), but I have recolored a few tiny things here or there for others. But for the purposes of Smash, Brian, Agumon, and ToyAgumon is it. If I see a good Geno one I can easily reuse, I'll show off my set. I'm not as big of a supporter as the rest, so it didn't come to my mind to do one yet.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, man, I just caught up with the thread and with things going on.

There was an announcement for a mini direct, after a long time, SOMETHING. A pleasant surprise after awhile. And in regards of the content, it wasn't something world shattering or world breaking, if that makes sense. It was ok, all things considered. They showed enough and gave a reason of why there isn't much going on, the Co-Vid19 fiasco.

At least with this, we're willing to wait more. Just enough for many, but for me I'm good until the middle of the year when the next character of Smash comes. And man, we GOT IT.

An Arms character. That, was a pleasant surprise. A character from a series that fits Smash and that IMO deserves the attention. Now it can join alongside Splatoon which I felt was a bit lonely as the new 1st party series but with the announcement, not so much. I am not a huge fan of the series but I like the designs, the concept and the characters. In other words, the series DESERVES the opportunity.

Which brings me to my next point. Why are people so upset that Arms got a chance? Is it because of the series? The character or potential character? Or is it just because it is not "your character that is wanted"? Man, I understand some disappointed but goddamn, the level of salt and bitchiness of some people is astounding.

Saying that the character belongs to a "dead series"/flop, whatever and support characters that have not that much different "stance" is as hypocritical as you can possibly be.

YOU HAVE NO GROUND TO SAY THAT CONSIDERING IN WHAT THREAD WE ARE IN RIGHT NOW. A character that gets flack every other day for the same reasons, like it or not.

Seeing people's salt of the situation is amusing, and disappointing. I thought that it wouldn't happen with this announcement but I guess I was wrong. It will happen with each and every character that isn't who you wanted.

And then people wonder why the meme "H0E$ M4D" exists...

Just my $0.02 on the matter as I needed to get my thoughts out there, because damn. Just chill guys.

BTW, if you'll excuse me, I'll go to the respective Arms threads to offer my congrats.

:bobomb:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom