• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Hmm, i see. while it is unlikely it would be an interesting combination don't you think?
Interesting? Yes. Likely? TBH no, I don't see it happening.

I'm also trying to find the right words (something I'm notorious at being terrible at), but I'm trying to say that I think Geno and Crash are too similar in the whole "niche character" picks. Banjo was one of those too, being on only a few games in the N64 era (and one X360 game no one talks about because it shouldn't have been a Banjo-Kazooie game), and Hero was a more widespread "definitely going to be appreciated" pick in Japan. I could see something more like Geno and a Japanese pick, or if they really wanted to make the West happy, Geno and Master Chief or Sora (mix Geno in a with a more well-known, well-requested character).

Take the words I said not as literally because man I don't even know what I was trying to say when reading them. I know what I *want* to say, I just really don't know how to word it.

Edit: I think a better way to put it is that Geno and Crash just don't have the same appeal* to as many people like Sora or Master Chief does, for the main reason of KH and Halo are still ongoing series, while Geno was on one game (and a super-light cameo in a second much later) and Crash... Well I never played any of his games so I can't really comment, but besides during a window in the PS1 era, I don't remember hearing much about him at all. If Crash and Geno are both in FP2, they very likely wouldn't be shown together.

*this isn't to say Geno (and Crash) don't have their fans; Geno wouldn't have gotten his Mii Costume if he wasn't so highly requested and wouldn't have done nearly as well on the ballot and those fan-made ballots you see people throwing around showing Japan, US, and EU top 10 lists based on posts. It's just that they're significantly smaller characters. Hell I'd say Geno is significantly less known than Waluigi, a 1st party MARIO character, and yet Geno is still more (genuinely) requested than him.

Welp, that sucks for [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/83/83118.jpg?1570323021[/IMG] papagenos

Now because he had one video going off because he REALLY didn't want Byleth but was angrily greatful multiple times throughout the video, now he's being used as a poster boy for being the 'angry ungrateful video game nerd' stereotype and people think "he's cancerous" and "he is entitled".

You either die a hero...
He had the kind of reaction that I'd expect to see me from years ago. That said, people react significantly different in the moment and after they've had time to digest, and I think people should ease up on him. What if he stayed up all night to see the video for example?

I'd say what really matters is how you react after the dust settles, not your immediate raw reaction because I'm sure many of us weren't truly sure how to feel when we saw Byleth.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Here is another meme I made, which is supposed to represent our support for Geno getting in, and out time coming when or if that happens.

No offense to anyone.
Love it when im included in these, thx :D

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
This post has been warned
Because this place supplies you with the exact reaction you hope to elicit with your behaviour? Same reason you've almost entirely stopped posting in every other thread, because they don't. And not for a lack of trying.

Yeah, I'm also aware of the source, and it's a fantastic look at the before and after effects of trying to capitalize off the information you hear.
A big reason why I don’t post in other threads is because they’re full of people like you who tell me what I can and can’t say on a ****ing video game forum. You seem pathetic at this point hanging out in this thread for a character you don’t care about so you can stalk someone who is legit just enjoying being around likeminded individuals who support the same character to get into a *checks notes* video game

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As I've been saying for awhile now, I believe Dante and Crash are eventually coming... But I don't know when. Both are in weird situations right now. Both were heard by insiders around E3 2019 and both have really strong rumors about them right now so I'll recap what me and other people have shared:

Dante:

-A number of people are claiming that 6 is a Dante or "Dante like" character which is a weird statement all on its own.

-From two of my contacts, Dante supposedly began development earlier this month, suggesting a release as early as the fall or as late as early 2021.

-The voice actor for V may have accidentally spoiled Dante for Smash and Marvel vs Capcom 4 earlier this week. Given voice acting is one of the first things knocked out during character development, the time frame lines up with the previous statement if true.

Crash:

-Guy on Twitter correctly guesses Blythe for 5, claims Crash is next. Forgot their name but a ton of people have sent it to me.

-Apparently behind the scenes Activision has done a piss poor job of keeping their future plans for Crash in general a secret. Can't talk about all the details but this is potentially why Crash has been talked about as far back as the summer. Have had a few contacts comment the situation is pretty bad and have described it as "they're not even trying."

My current prediction is that Dante and Crash are 2021 releases. Why? Because I feel like we've been in this situation too many times before. Tons of people including Sabi and Verge heard Hero and Geno in August 2018. Hitagi heard Lloyd in September 2018. Papagenos heard Banjo in October 2018. Tons of people started hearing El Gigante Purpura starting in November 2018. Ryu came into the conversation in December 2018. Hearing about potential characters significantly far in advance is not unusual. A common mistake made is that the latest heard character is going to be the next and this rarely works out. This said, I personally think Crash and Dante are still coming but later, especially since we have a decent "clip" of characters in the chamber that could arguably come first.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what are your thoughts on cacomallow at this point, forgive me if I'm treading on ground you've already covered? I think there's still a lot going for it, yet there's not a lot of room for a bethesda rep to slide it's way into the pass. I personally feel just mii costumes would be odd.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Welp, that sucks for [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/83/83118.jpg?1570323021[/IMG] papagenos

Now because he had one video going off because he REALLY didn't want Byleth but was angrily greatful multiple times throughout the video, now he's being used as a poster boy for being the 'angry ungrateful video game nerd' stereotype and people think "he's cancerous" and "he is entitled".

You either die a hero...
Remember, kids. Showing negative human emotions towards anything is bad and makes you toxic. Remember to always be 100% happy and satisfied with whatever happens or you're not worthy of any level of respect.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
As I've been saying for awhile now, I believe Dante and Crash are eventually coming... But I don't know when. Both are in weird situations right now. Both were heard by insiders around E3 2019 and both have really strong rumors about them right now so I'll recap what me and other people have shared:

Dante:

-A number of people are claiming that 6 is a Dante or "Dante like" character which is a weird statement all on its own.

-From two of my contacts, Dante supposedly began development earlier this month, suggesting a release as early as the fall or as late as early 2021.

-The voice actor for V may have accidentally spoiled Dante for Smash and Marvel vs Capcom 4 earlier this week. Given voice acting is one of the first things knocked out during character development, the time frame lines up with the previous statement if true.

Crash:

-Guy on Twitter correctly guesses Blythe for 5, claims Crash is next. Forgot their name but a ton of people have sent it to me.

-Apparently behind the scenes Activision has done a piss poor job of keeping their future plans for Crash in general a secret. Can't talk about all the details but this is potentially why Crash has been talked about as far back as the summer. Have had a few contacts comment the situation is pretty bad and have described it as "they're not even trying."

My current prediction is that Dante and Crash are 2021 releases. Why? Because I feel like we've been in this situation too many times before. Tons of people including Sabi and Verge heard Hero and Geno in August 2018. Hitagi heard Lloyd in September 2018. Papagenos heard Banjo in October 2018. Tons of people started hearing El Gigante Purpura starting in November 2018. Ryu came into the conversation in December 2018. Hearing about potential characters significantly far in advance is not unusual. A common mistake made is that the latest heard character is going to be the next and this rarely works out. This said, I personally think Crash and Dante are still coming but later, especially since we have a decent "clip" of characters in the chamber that could arguably come first.
So that means that they're likely coming sooner than Sora right?

Marvel vs Capcom 4
I swear if Capcom manages to **** this up too like they did with Infinite then that will be the nail in the coffin for the MvC franchise

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Remember, kids. Showing negative human emotions towards anything is bad and makes you toxic. Remember to always be 100% happy and satisfied with whatever happens or you're not worthy of any level of respect.
Just be dead inside like me and then nobody can hate you for how you feel.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
A big reason why I don’t post in other threads is because they’re full of people like you who tell me what I can and can’t say on a ****ing video game forum. You seem pathetic at this point hanging out in this thread for a character you don’t care about so you can stalk someone who is legit just enjoying being around likeminded individuals who support the same character to get into a *checks notes* video game
A big reason why I don't post in many other threads is because they're usually not as active as this one.
... what can I say? I'm a simple man.

Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Just be dead inside like me and then nobody can hate you for how you feel.
What? Are you telling me you're not feeling any emotion but extreme euphoria towards everything and are actually just indifferent? Wow, okay, I didn't realize how ungrateful you are and are extremely toxic and cancerous. Nothing will ever be good enough for you, will it?

ManlyPlant

Smash Rookie
I mean Infinite is still the best tag fighter from a gameplay perspective imo no point in arguin with me there I won't buckle.

But yeah MvC4 rumors have been going on for years and nothing has come from them because they've all been bunk.

also being disappointed is fine, just as long as you don't throw a 40 minute temper tantrum. Because that isn't really a healthy reaction for a video game.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Okay, there's something off going on over on the Shantae side of the pool. According to a user, they've reported that the entirety of the Pirate's Curse OST has been removed from a YouTube channel.

I'm almost certain that this is nothing more than just YouTube bots doing what they're doing, but this strikes me as weird...

(You see now why I requested the Tin Foil Geno hat?)

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
If I had to personally rank the first Fighters Pass, it would be:
Joker-A-
I never played Persona 5, but I definitely knew how great of a game it was and seeing Joker in Smash blew me away. Definitely a good start for the pass.

Hero-C+
Not really a fan of Dragon Quest, nor do I hate it either. Hero just made me feel mixed on his inclusion overall and wasn’t really exciting for me, although I do respect the series’s massive popularity in Japan.

Banjo and Kazooie-A+
Definitely the best characters in the pass imo. A highly requested duo, and a big platform icon in the 90s. Their inclusion also pushed me into trying their games, which I absolutely loved.

Terry-B
I actually slightly knew who Terry was when he was leaked. Never played KoF, but it was definitely an inspiration for Sakurai to make Smash Bros, so we can thank SNK. Terry’s personality is also just hilarious to me, so it was nice to see that kept.

Byleth-C-
Despite that I love Three Houses, I dreaded a rep would join Smash. I knew it was going to happen at some point, but I didn’t think it would happen now. Not a super bad character, but definitely the worst character to end the pass off on. I still appreciate though that his moveset isn’t just limited to a sword as he can use a spear, axe, and bow.
Overall: B+

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I swear if Capcom manages to **** this up too like they did with Infinite then that will be the nail in the coffin for the MvC franchise
A reminder that part of why Infinite turned out the way it did is because of Marvel insisting on things like the X-Men being absent and the overbearing MCU influence. Not that Capcom is entirely blameless, but it's clear they aren't the only ones at fault.

Considering how Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 turned out (better character roster, better graphics, MCU influence is there but not dominant with just as much comic influence, seemingly more freedom for the developer), I would hope that, if it's indeed happening, Marvel vs. Capcom 4 also ends up doing just as well.

I mean Infinite is still the best tag fighter from a gameplay perspective imo no point in arguin with me there I won't buckle.

But yeah MvC4 rumors have been going on for years and nothing has come from them because they've all been bunk.
Even if the MVC4 rumors are "bunk"... the funny thing is that it could be a sign of an upcoming game regardless. There were rumors of a fourth MVC game back in late 2016, which were immediately determined to be fake... then cue the announcement of Infinite shortly after.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
What? Are you telling me you're not feeling any emotion but extreme euphoria towards everything and are actually just indifferent? Wow, okay, I didn't realize how ungrateful you are and are extremely toxic and cancerous. Nothing will ever be good enough for you, will it?
I mean, I feel extreme euphoria towards Byleth, if you know what I mean Honhonhonhonhon

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
He had the kind of reaction that I'd expect to see me from years ago. That said, people react significantly different in the moment and after they've had time to digest, and I think people should ease up on him. What if he stayed up all night to see the video for example?

I'd say what really matters is how you react after the dust settles, not your immediate raw reaction because I'm sure many of us weren't truly sure how to feel when we saw Byleth.
It's funny because as humans we now get mad over dumb stuff rather than stuff that is more important, likely because of how technology and society has changed. Still though, while I was kinda disappointed and wasn't super big about Fire Emblem getting another rep I still listened to Sakurai talk and I genuinely think Byleth will be fun to play. I bet getting long-range snipes with the bow and destroying people with the axe will be very satisfying.

Would I have preferred any other character, perhaps even Tracer? Honestly speaking, yes.

Is the world ending because Sakurai put in another Fire Emblem rep and Sakurai should be fired and commit sudoku like Twitter has been saying? No.

I really think Papa overreacted, in the terms of he got more angry than was really needed rather than being fake for the camera. However, feelings/emotions are subjective and you really can't tell someone how to feel about something.

I can't totally agree about how you feel during the moment not being important, but I very much value informed responses and those take time, so that's why I educate people who attack someone like Angry Joe or maybe PapaGenos down the line should he make an update video because people are allowed to change their mind when new information comes to light, and sometimes that is old information that was always there but you are just now in a better state of mind to accept it.

For example, I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 3 while I was playing it but after finishing it and doing a bunch of side stuff and then letting it sink in about all the problems the game had, I came to the conclusion that the game has many issues but it mostly functions yet fails to live up to it's hype despite having plenty of time to do so and thus is a 5-6/10 at most.

Then you get the people who change their minds based on the herd and HOOOOOOO boy that's a whole different can of sandworms.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Still though, while I was kinda disappointed and wasn't super big about Fire Emblem getting another rep I still listened to Sakurai talk and I genuinely think Byleth will be fun to play.
Oh for sure. No one is denying that, everyone's just mad because "Fire Emblem Ree". I'll probably end up really liking him despite being disappointed myself. In fact, out of the entire DLC we've gotten so far (even including Plant), the only character I don't really enjoy playing is Terry. Joker was my main when he came out, Hero is a total blast (though I have huge issues with the DownB menu being nowhere near your character), and Banjo is another of my mains now (poor KKR, so neglected from all these DLCs). Plant never became a main of mine, but I do enjoy... him? ...It? Bah whatever.

I really think Papa overreacted, in the terms of he got more angry than was really needed rather than being fake for the camera. However, feelings/emotions are subjective and you really can't tell someone how to feel about something.
There's a huge difference between going genuinely overboard and faking overboard. He definitely seemed more like the former. That said, we're all still human and I'm not going to be like "MAN YOU LOST MY RESPECT, UNSUBBED!" over his one reaction. He definitely overreacted a bit, but I've overreacted to way more stupid things. People should ease up on him.

I can't totally agree about how you feel during the moment not being important
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not important at all, just that it shouldn't be what you fully judge, especially when people come around and their final thoughts are just mild disappointment, like me right now. While I was much more than "mildly disappointed" during the reveal, that was due to the shock of seeing it, thinking it might be a jape at first (since Sakurai loves to jape: See King K. Rool and Banjo's reveals), and, as I've said a few times pages back, I'm a total grumpus when I first wake up, and I was up for no more than 10 minutes prior to that video. Me in that mood is going to have a different thought than when I've digested the info for a bit (still disappointed, BUT THE 3H MUSIC!).

For example, I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 3 while I was playing it but after finishing it and doing a bunch of side stuff and then letting it sink in about all the problems the game had, I came to the conclusion that the game has many issues but it mostly functions yet fails to live up to it's hype despite having plenty of time to do so and thus is a 5-6/10 at most.
Which is totally fine and reasonable.

Then you get the people who change their minds based on the herd and HOOOOOOO boy that's a whole different can of sandworms.
I truly do hate that. People should really think for themselves, even if they have an unpopular opinion.

Bottom line is it's totally okay to be disappointed, or happy, regarding anything, just don't attack other people for it. Don't be a sore loser or winner, and definitely don't go after Sakurai. Be disappointed in him if you want, but anyone saying "**** you Sakurai" and genuinely meaning it... like really? Come on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, honestly, when you make a video and act vastly inappropriate, people will comment on it. That's completely understandable. It's your own actions. In public. When you say stuff in public, whatever you say can have consequences. That's my main view on it. I'm not going to really go into it beyond that, and I wouldn't tolerate any actual harassment/oxxing/flaming coming his way(but people unsubscribing and being embarrassed at that is completely justified).

For the CacoMallow leak, it's been pointed out that remaking the exact models is practically impossible. That's why people port models over and touch them up(both are not easy processes). So a leaker isn't going to replicate it exactly. However, getting stuff working correctly so it properly covers the Mii face is a different story. They should be able to do that if mods have come along that well. If they can't, I'd say it's pretty much real. If they can, that hurts the rumor.

The jiggly bit has been confirmed as doable, so the Mallow hat is much more possible to fake than the Cacodemon one. Though if nobody can get nearly as high quality(there's a difference between exact model and high quality), I'd lean more towards real.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I mean, honestly, when you make a video and act vastly inappropriate, people will comment on it. That's completely understandable. It's your own actions. In public. When you say stuff in public, whatever you say can have consequences. That's my main view on it. I'm not going to really go into it beyond that, and I wouldn't tolerate any actual harassment/oxxing/flaming coming his way(but people unsubscribing and being embarrassed at that is completely justified).
For sure, and I'm not saying what he did wasn't overboard or anything (it was when he kept going the rest of the video; that honestly surprised me since I've yet to see him like that), but it's just a reaction to a character and people are demonizing him over it. I know the Internet is the Internet, but the level of harassment people are giving him is a bit too far (as per usual with the Internet).

Both were heard by insiders around E3 2019 and both have really strong rumors about them right now
Bringing this back up, I'm curious if many of the FP2 characters were decided long in advance (like around when FP1 was discussed as well). There's nothing that says these fighters were picked after base launch or anything. Hell if we get an FP3, they might already know who they want to put in that one too. It would explain why so many names were "heard" and yet nothing has come of them, not even a Mii costume nor spirit. They could have a list of 20 or so characters, and are just deciding from that list for when they want Characters X Y Z, etc.

I'd like to think at some point, Geno (and the other names that are floating around) were actually discussed and are on said list. The thrown darts just didn't hit their names yet.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

Dante:

Crash:

Sorry to ask, but i'm super curious on this. Do any of your contacts know about Geno's development? Or if he's coming? I believe he's coming given the proof, but have your contacts said anything?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
A reminder that part of why Infinite turned out the way it did is because of Marvel insisting on things like the X-Men being absent and the overbearing MCU influence. Not that Capcom is entirely blameless, but it's clear they aren't the only ones at fault.

Considering how Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 turned out (better character roster, better graphics, MCU influence is there but not dominant with just as much comic influence, seemingly more freedom for the developer), I would hope that, if it's indeed happening, Marvel vs. Capcom 4 also ends up doing just as well.

Even if the MVC4 rumors are "bunk"... the funny thing is that it could be a sign of an upcoming game regardless. There were rumors of a fourth MVC game back in late 2016, which were immediately determined to be fake... then cue the announcement of Infinite shortly after.
While i do understand that Capcom did what they could with the limited character choices that Marvel gave them, and the fact that Marvel denied almost everything that was not about the MCU. i think Capcom should have said no or just wait a better time to try to negotiate with character rights

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For sure, and I'm not saying what he did wasn't overboard or anything (it was when he kept going the rest of the video; that honestly surprised me since I've yet to see him like that), but it's just a reaction to a character and people are demonizing him over it. I know the Internet is the Internet, but the level of harassment people are giving him is a bit too far (as per usual with the Internet).
Agreed. Demonizing is also overboard.

Though I don't know if I've seen any harassment directly towards him instead of people just saying their public thoughts poorly. Both are bad, don't get me wrong.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Dante:

Crash:

I’d be greatly interested in that Crash tweet if you could find it.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Did that mii costume guy ever admit that he made up Crash being Fighter 5? The one that said mallow and smithy were coming. Maybe they swapped Crash and byleth at the last second to prevent further leaks with the mii costume list that came with the speculation of Crash being fp5 basically confirming Geno. But then again that wouldnt explain how leakers called them out on crash not being fp5.

Dunno, trying to speculate and find some glimmer of hope for Geno.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey, so I was just browsing through r/smashbros, seeing what people were talking about, and I found this post that brings up a good point about Byleth's trailer.
https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/eqmctc/byleths_reveal_trailer_wasnt_badly_designed_it/

TL;DR This post notes how the trailer seemed like it was made for a normal Nintendo Direct rather than a one-off presentation, in the way that it built itself up like it was for something unrelated to Smash (maybe FE:3H DLC?) but it was actually for Smash, basically just like the Inkling, Isabelle, and Joker reveals. Because it was first shown during a Smash presentation, the suprise was completely ruined and most everyone knew it was for Byleth in Smash before the trailer outright made it known. This may actually help support the idea that Byleth wasn't originally supposed to be FP5, and they instead decided to release them earlier rather than keep them for the Direct. Perhaps this means that the Spring Direct was pushed back until after February, and they didn't want to miss the deadline?

Did that mii costume guy ever admit that he made up Crash being Fighter 5? The one that said mallow and smithy were coming. Maybe they swapped Crash and byleth at the last second to prevent further leaks with the mii costume list that came with the speculation of Crash being fp5 basically confirming Geno. But then again that wouldnt explain how leakers called them out on crash not being fp5.

According to Fatman, the guy had heard Crash for FP5 from a separate source from the one who gave him the Mii Costume List. I guess that source was just wrong.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

It could be one of the situations where the info is misattributed to “the next fighter” but is still correct. I think that’s what happened with Hero and possibly with Ryu Hayabusa

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so I was just browsing through r/smashbros, seeing what people were talking about, and I found this post that brings up a good point about Byleth's trailer.
https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/eqmctc/byleths_reveal_trailer_wasnt_badly_designed_it/

TL;DR This post notes how the trailer seemed like it was made for a normal Nintendo Direct rather than a one-off presentation, in the way that it built itself up like it was for something unrelated to Smash (maybe FE:3H DLC?) but it was actually for Smash, basically just like the Inkling, Isabelle, and Joker reveals. Because it was first shown during a Smash presentation, the suprise was completely ruined and most everyone knew it was for Byleth in Smash before the trailer outright made it known. This may actually help support the idea that Byleth wasn't originally supposed to be FP5, and they instead decided to release them earlier rather than keep them for the Direct. Perhaps this means that the Spring Direct was pushed back until after February, and they didn't want to miss the deadline?
Not sure if this means much. The Corrin trailer for Smash 4 was similar in structure to Byleth's and that one was also part of a Smash-focused presentation.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Not sure if this means much. The Corrin trailer for Smash 4 was similar in structure to Byleth's and that one was also part of a Smash-focused presentation.
I realize that, but the Corrin trailer at least didn't take as much time getting to the point.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I think it was just a bad trailer. It was just an in game cut scene from 3H and the dialogue still wasn't good. Not to mention it was just slow and boring, I've watched the trailer a couple times now and I barely remember what happened in it. I really think they just messed up the reveal trailer, because they somehow needed to make this reveal even worse.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I realize that, but the Corrin trailer at least didn't take as much time getting to the point.
Yeah it's a possibility. But I still think a standard Direct will come before or in February. The wait between Terry's and Byleth's reveal was long and I don't think Nintendo was planning to hold off them for THAT long.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think it was just a bad trailer. It was just an in game cut scene from 3H and the dialogue still wasn't good. Not to mention it was just slow and boring, I've watched the trailer a couple times now and I barely remember what happened in it. I really think they just messed up the reveal trailer, because they somehow needed to make this reveal even worse.
They should have started with a shot at the monastery at first to then moving on to where you see Byleth having a leasson (since you know... he is a teacher in the game) for then to have Sethet or Rhea (which is the two that basically runs the place) to tell him that he has another mission and handles the smash bros letter with them saying something like "I think you need more then just a sword" for then to show the axe, spear and bow. And after that show the gameplay of him/her.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
From what I've remembered, I don't actually think I've been in a single geno meme, even ones with really large casts and army's of people lmfao.
Don't worry wan, you'll get one someday. Just gotta keep active or maybe even ask. Idk who does memes at this point though so many faces have come in and out.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
They should have started with a shot at the monastery at first to then moving on to where you see Byleth having a leasson (since you know... he is a teacher in the game) for then to have Sethet or Rhea (which is the two that basically runs the place) to tell him that he has another mission and handles the smash bros letter with them saying something like "I think you need more then just a sword" for then to show the axe, spear and bow. And after that show the gameplay of him/her.
Shoulda been a scene like the Wii Fit Trainer reveal where Byleth is teaching a class of Smash character, and they're all so unruly that Byleth's had enough and starts throwing hands with her class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom