• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I have been debating doing this to my beloved Super Mario Galaxy photo... but... I must complete my form to become a part of the Geno collective. I've been here for months now, and it is time. Even though I've said many times I'm not a personal Geno fan, I've been told many times I'm still a fan, so I suppose I must answer the call.

Someone (please) give me a Geno hat for my profile picture. I don't care who. Maybe I'll give you extra points if it is creative.

Your prize can be a... idk, like an "ok boomer" pass or something. I've only given OffBi one, and as a young zoomer, I have the authority to give you old fogies some.

View attachment 257565
Well, here's what I've done.

adambel731 geno.png

I can remove the Geno hat on Mario if you want. Goodness, this image looks so majestic though. Not only does it make me wanna play the Galaxy games again, but it makes me REALLY want Geno in a Galaxy 3 if that ever happens. Why haven't I thought of that before?
also can i get my "ok boomer' pass now?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That was different though, Piranha Plant, Mii Sword Fighter, Banjo (Mewtwo and Mii Gunner if this is right too) were all having the same memory wiping glitc around the same time. So, it'd make sense they were all bases for DLC. I don't remember exactly what the Ice Climber glitch was, but it was something else entirely.
Yes, there was a Mewtwo glitch, but it wasn¨t the same as PP or Joker. The glitch with Mewtwo was training ground related. The one between Terry and Ice Climbers is that if you made a Go attack against Ice Climbers, the entire game could freeze.

So again. If any glitch = character, it could mean anything from Rex and Pyra to Astral Chain (even though we have gotten announcement for the spirits) or as mentioned above as a joke.. Tokyo Mirage character next since Terry was the latest fighter to be added.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Well, here's what I've done.

View attachment 257579

I can remove the Geno hat on Mario if you want. Goodness, this image looks so majestic though. Not only does it make me wanna play the Galaxy games again, but it makes me REALLY want Geno in a Galaxy 3 if that ever happens. Why haven't I thought of that before?
also can i get my "ok boomer' pass now?
*Malo Mart mentions SMG3

*Me immediately about to give the pass... but then I nab it back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quit trying to soften me up you

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Ok, so seeing as our hopes for Geno as FP5 are ever so slightly raised at the moment, I thought I'd share something interesting from many months ago.
So, y'all remember how Piranha Plant, Mii Sword Fighter and Duck Hunt were having weird glitches a few months ago? Well, we all know now that it was because they were being used as bases for the upcoming Joker, Hero, and Banjo.
So, thing is, I remember hearing from somewhere around the same time that Mewtwo and Mii Gunner were having the same glitches happening to them as well. This could possibly mean Mewtwo was a base for Terry and Mii Gunner was FP5 (maybe Geno).
Now, I know what you're probably thinking "But Wooooomy, Terry doesn't make sense to have Mewtwo as a base. Wouldn't Ken make a lot more sense" And you're definitely right in that regard but keep in mind, Piranha Plant was used as a base for Joker and someone like Marth or Robin or literally anyone more humanoid would've made more sense but they went with Piranha Plant. They still do have some similarities (like how Mewtwo's attacks all have a purple psychic effect while Terry's all have a fiery effect). Obviously, Geno and Mii Gunner have a lot of similarities (seeing as how he was a literal Mii Gunner costume in Smash 4) but it still could have been someone else (like Doomslayer)
Now, I understand you may doubt me and that's completely okay. Don't call me a liar though please, if what I heard wasn't true then it may have been a false memory or the reports of Mewtwo and Mii Gunner glitching that I saw were just completely bogus but I am not just making this up myself. Either way, I just thought I'd post this here for it to get inevitably torn apart in 5 minutes.
lol no one is going to tear you apart, but it’s unlikely that Mewtwo would be used as a base. The main reason most characters are used as a base is because the rig used to animate it can be used on another model as well.
usually that only happens if the character is similar enough in size and shape. So Ken, Ryu, even wii fit trainer would make decent bases for Terry. Depending on the detail in animation, even having a similar amount of fingers would be important.

It just something they do to cut down on development time.

For example: If you were to use Pikachu as a “base” for link you would end up with a lot of abnormalities in your animations.
It’s also why the mii gunner and megaman make great bases for Geno since their “skeletons” would be very similar. So as a developer all you need to worry about is creating unique animations

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait, Piranha Plant was the base for Joker? I don’t remember anything like that. The save-wipe glitch depended on certain SD cards, anyway.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
lol no one is going to tear you apart, but it’s unlikely that Mewtwo would be used as a base. The main reason most characters are used as a base is because the rig used to animate it can be used on another model as well.
usually that only happens if the character is similar enough in size and shape. So Ken, Ryu, even wii fit trainer would make decent bases for Terry. Depending on the detail in animation, even having a similar amount of fingers would be important.

It just something they do to cut down on development time.

For example: If you were to use Pikachu as a “base” for link you would end up with a lot of abnormalities in your animations.
I understand that, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure Piranha Plant was Joker's base (At least, I could've sworn PapaGenos said that at some point) and, like, wouldn't anyone with arms and legs work better instead of a character that's nothing like Joker. Again, I understand if you don't believe what I heard, but I just thought I'd put it out here with the chance that Geno may be FP5 slightly raised.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
*Malo Mart mentions SMG3

*Me immediately about to give the pass... but then I nab it back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quit trying to soften me up you
Aw man... gotta be careful with my ramblings next time.

I'm mediocre at Photoshop. Could someone be a kind fellow and put a Geno hat over my avatar please?
Right this very moment, bucko. Yours was tough to make, not gonna lie, but I done did it. Hope you like it.

the trashman geno.png

God, I want an official Kirby Geno hat so bad

Edit: scratch that. I messed around some more and came with one that's a bit better imo. Here:

the trashman geno.png

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Ok, so seeing as our hopes for Geno as FP5 are ever so slightly raised at the moment, I thought I'd share something interesting from many months ago.
So, y'all remember how Piranha Plant, Mii Sword Fighter and Duck Hunt were having weird glitches a few months ago? Well, we all know now that it was because they were being used as bases for the upcoming Joker, Hero, and Banjo.
So, thing is, I remember hearing from somewhere around the same time that Mewtwo and Mii Gunner were having the same glitches happening to them as well. This could possibly mean Mewtwo was a base for Terry and Mii Gunner was FP5 (maybe Geno).
Now, I know what you're probably thinking "But Wooooomy, Terry doesn't make sense to have Mewtwo as a base. Wouldn't Ken make a lot more sense" And you're definitely right in that regard but keep in mind, Piranha Plant was used as a base for Joker and someone like Marth or Robin or literally anyone more humanoid would've made more sense but they went with Piranha Plant. They still do have some similarities (like how Mewtwo's attacks all have a purple psychic effect while Terry's all have a fiery effect). Obviously, Geno and Mii Gunner have a lot of similarities (seeing as how he was a literal Mii Gunner costume in Smash 4) but it still could have been someone else (like Doomslayer)
Now, I understand you may doubt me and that's completely okay. Don't call me a liar though please, if what I heard wasn't true then it may have been a false memory or the reports of Mewtwo and Mii Gunner glitching that I saw were just completely bogus but I am not just making this up myself. Either way, I just thought I'd post this here for it to get inevitably torn apart in 5 minutes.
I understand that, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure Piranha Plant was Joker's base (At least, I could've sworn PapaGenos said that at some point) and, like, wouldn't anyone with arms and legs work better instead of a character that's nothing like Joker. Again, I understand if you don't believe what I heard, but I just thought I'd put it out here with the chance that Geno may be FP5 slightly raised.
Yea I really doubt Piranha plant was used as a base for Joker. Shiek maybe? But yes, any humanoid character would work better as a base.

Anyways that’s why echoes are so easy to create because they probably use the exact same skeleton/ rig for the characters actual animations.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Yea I really doubt Piranha plant was used as a base for Joker. Shiek maybe? But yes, any humanoid character would work better as a base.

Anyways that’s why echoes are so easy to create because they probably use the exact same skeleton/ rig for the characters actual animations.
At the very least, that's what I remember hearing

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I had someone make this for me eons ago during the Myspace days for an avatar as well as a signature just because I thought the picture looked cool.

I'm not bad at PS but I'm not great either. I challenge someone to put the Attack Scarf on Zero and the Super Suit on X if you think you can do it without it looking horrid. Otherwise, I'll take two hats plz.

1579065872974.png

For those wondering, the image made for the signature is in the attachment section.

EDIT: If it's easier to put the other accessories on the other image then by all means do so.

Attachments

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
I find it funny that Fatmanonice is going to come onto the thread tomorrow, confused why everyone has Geno hats on.

I made one for him if he wants to join the trend.

Attachments

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
So I had someone make this for me eons ago during the Myspace days for an avatar as well as a signature just because I thought the picture looked cool.

I'm not bad at PS but I'm not great either. I challenge someone to put the Attack Scarf on Zero and the Super Suit on X if you think you can do it without it looking horrid. Otherwise, I'll take two hats plz.

View attachment 257595

For those wondering, the image made for the signature is in the attachment section.

EDIT: If it's easier to put the other accessories on the other image then by all means do so.
I'm about to sleep rn, so I only added Geno hats. And of the bottom one too because Zero in your current avatar is not at the most ideal angle for that. Went a little beyond and even changed Zero's hat to match his red coloration, but I made one of him with the regular blue hat too.

forsakenm geno red zero.png

forsakenm geno.png

I find it funny that Fatmanonice is going to come onto the thread tomorrow, confused why everyone has Geno hats on lol.

I made one for him if he wants to join the trend.
MY DUDE YES! I was wondering if Fatman was gonna have an edit Geno hat too lmao. He absolutely deserves it.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Personally I think that if any fighter in the pass was gonna be a spirit, it would be Fighter 5. It could very well be possible that FP5 was the last one decided, after the point where they couldn't remove their spirit from the game. I don't consider it very likely, but Fighter 5 would be the one, if any.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
I'm about to sleep rn, so I only added Geno hats. And of the bottom one too because Zero in your current avatar is not at the most ideal angle for that. Went a little beyond and even changed Zero's hat to match his red coloration, but I made one of him with the regular blue hat too.

View attachment 257624

MY DUDE YES! I was wondering if Fatman was gonna have an edit Geno hat too lmao. He absolutely deserves it.
I didn't want to tag him because I feel like he already gets enough of that, but I really hope he joins on in too. It would be amazing.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Before I slumber...

Yesterday I was trying to keep people's hype in check, and while I do advise people not set them too high, I will say that I recently thought of the time when Nintendo announced the Terry presentation they specifically went out of their way to mention it'd ONLY be him. Whereas for tomorrow's presentation is just says "an upcoming fighter," with no word from Nintendo on that one character being all.

Now granted, I don't recall Nintendo ever specifying for the Hero or Banjo & Kazooie presentations, but still, if you wanted to find some possible hope, maybe you could squeeze by from saying that Nintendo didn't specify only Fighter #5 would be shown.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm just hoping it's actually something that the community can get excited over, I get that people are going to complain regardless of who it is but I'm really hoping we don't end on a whimper for once.

JayZoob

Smash Rookie
Before I slumber...

Yesterday I was trying to keep people's hype in check, and while I do advise people not set them too high, I will say that I recently thought of the time when Nintendo announced the Terry presentation they specifically went out of their way to mention it'd ONLY be him. Whereas for tomorrow's presentation is just says "an upcoming fighter," with no word from Nintendo on that one character being all.

Now granted, I don't recall Nintendo ever specifying for the Hero or Banjo & Kazooie presentations, but still, if you wanted to find some possible hope, maybe you could squeeze by from saying that Nintendo didn't specify only Fighter #5 would be shown.
That's actually a really interesting point. They said nothing about how the Hero presentation would only contain info on them even though it did have nothing more to announce. Technically the Banjo presentation did show a small glimpse of gameplay of Terry so that one can be ignored. Then we get to the Terry presentation where they went out of their way to specify that nothing else would be announced about a future fighter.

I somehow doubt that since the Terry video came out right after the Mii leak had happened that they wanted to temper expectations because I know people were sure that Fighter 5 would have been announced there until they tweeted otherwise. I am honestly going into it only expecting one fighter announcement, but who knows honestly!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Before I slumber...

They never said anything about Hero or Banjo's presentation and that's most likely because people didn¨t go overboard with "it is so long, this has to mean that we are getting a character right?" like people did with Terry. This presentation, however, is meant to reveal a character so they don¨t really need to bother telling people "it's only going to be one". Heck, it's even to their advantage to not say anything concidering, not every Smash Bros fan is hard time speculators like us would we get more than one character revealed.

My guess is that it will go like this. Fighter 5 -> Presentation of the fifth fighter and release date of it with potential history lesson
-> Talking about the mode that is supposedly data-mined a while back which name I can¨t recall -> Mii Costumes -> a brief breakdown on how the DLC will work going forward and a potential short tease of the 6th. If his "three fingers" really mean something, I highly doubt its a trice reveal.

The Terry presentation, if anything showed us how Sakurai can talk in great length about videogame franchises that he knows and love. For what we know, he could spend half, or maybe even two-third of the entire stream about the breakdown of the character.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Anyway gang, I will hibernate soon. But before I do, I thought I'd express my order of the presentation if a triple reveal is happening.

Presentation starts with a Smash trailer revealing FP5 (for the sake of things, let's just assume it's Doomslayer). Trailer ends and we're greeted with Sakurai sitting behind his desk with the jazzy Smash theme playing (like usual) and the dark green and brown poster of Doomslayer's render right behind him. Sakurai basically just introduces Doomslayer for a hot minute and then goes on to show off his moveset, stage, music, release date (likely the same day), and shudders Mii Costumes (Including Cacodemon because why the hell not?). This all takes around 20-25 minutes before talking about how there's something else planned for people who bought the fighter pass. A non-CGI trailer of the rumored bonus character (again, let's just assume it's Purple Kaiser Wilhelm), maybe it even tries to emulate the Piranha Plant trailer but I dunno. Trailer ends and Sakurai goes over what we just saw and gives us a February-March release date. Sakurai then shifts to the post pass DLC in the remaining few minutes, explains how it will work and expresses in different way how much he craves a nap. The presentation fades out but there's some weird special effect (like right before they revealed K Rool) that segues us into another character trailer. This one is Geno's and it could be either CGI or completely in-game. Trailer ends the presentation, with possibly an April reveal date shown at the end.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Oh cool you guys are adding Geno hats to pfp's. Mind if I get one too please? (bonus points if it's a red hat to match the RED team engineer)

My pfp:

fat engi.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
Right now, while Arle is my safe expecting, my hope with these new lines from people is a double release of Shantae and Geno. It fits a ton of theories, fits how this was planned to be the final DLC and Skaurai probably wanted to end it with fan wanted characters with a bonus as well.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Could someone explain to me how timed blocks work? Do I need to press Y just before a spell hits? Or does it not matter what button you press?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Calling it now, arle is gonna be a mii costume if anything. It seems odd to me at this point that Nintendo would double dip company-wise for the fighter's pass. And outside of a certain retweet there's no actual real evidence pointing towards her inclusion.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least we will be able to finally move on from this and go into the juicy stuff wich is Post Pass DLC
Yeah. It's also super convenient because it fits perfectly into a ton of our theorycraft and predictions in this thread:

-5 was ready to present in November but wasn't.

-5 probably started being "polished" around the time Terry released.

-Amiibo releases and character releases are still a consistent pattern.

-Characters typically being released before their respective Amiibo wave is still a consistent pattern.

-At least one other character is now ready to present.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's also super convenient because it fits perfectly into a ton of our theorycraft and predictions in this thread:

-5 was ready to present in November but wasn't.

-5 probably started being "polished" around the time Terry released.

-Amiibo releases and character releases are still a consistent pattern.

-Characters typically being released before their respective Amiibo wave is still a consistent pattern.

-At least one other character is now ready to present.
THIS IS IT, LUIGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom