• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of the news we are getting for Super Nintendo World? I think the news drops at 10 tonight.
They will probably share info on the Mario Kart Ride and the Yoshi Ride, as well as maybe details of what to expect with the land (restaurant, shops, experiences, etc.), and maybe when to expect the land to open, not an exact date though. They’ll probably announce that closer to opening. I doubt they’ll mention the Nintendo Lands in Universal Hollywood and Universal Orlando. Those have a ways to go, especially Orlando for their Epic Universe Resort

D

Deleted member

They will probably share info on the Mario Kart Ride and the Yoshi Ride, as well as maybe details of what to expect with the land (restaurant, shops, experiences, etc.), and maybe when to expect the land to open, not an exact date though. They’ll probably announce that closer to opening. I doubt they’ll mention the Nintendo Lands in Universal Hollywood and Universal Orlando. Those have a ways to go, especially Orlando for their Epic Universe Resort
Yeah. It's definitely just Japan. I just wish Japan was getting the DK ride just so we could get more info on that.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'll never cheer for a user's ban, but I don't really understand why you'd miss wynn.

I'm fine with doubters, in fact I welcome them because it is healthy. But... heh, as I've said before, he CONSTANTLY spouted the same things and clearly took character choices personally. He legitimately thought Sakurai didn't care when he clearly did. Whenever there was proof that negated wynn's argument, he wouldn't address it and just continue on his way. He wouldn't ever let things go. As I said before m, he constantly beat in already dead horse. He was to the point of beating the horse's bones.

Even more questionable, he literally didn't believe in Geno at all. ...so, why was in he in here? Literally every single comment on his was a negative passive-aggressive comment. People don't like to be told how to feel? wynn would literally always storm in saying something akin to "man I can't believe people are thinking this." Always. "Oh but you have to respect his opinion." ...okay? Does that mean he needs to CONSTANTLY say the same negative garbage? It was always passive-aggressive comments about characters or Sakurai's choices 99.99%/100%. He would always say "oh but I like others things." ...except literally only ONE TIME (recently) did he actually say those things, despite him being prodded and asked many times to explain himself before. I know telling people to leave the thread is not good, but... what's the point of staying in the thread if you're gonna constantly say Geno has no chance and you're super jaded by character speculation?

I've gone on this tangent before, but it isn't like it is unfounded. Mods have even agreed (along with a lot of the thread regulars). I don't hate wynn, let me make that clear. And I, and many others, have suggested that if he were more balanced in the things he said, that he'd get less flack.

I don't mind the concept of wynn; someone who keeps the thread level-headed and tries to help with expectations. But basically everyone in the thread agrees, he didn't need to do it as frequently, nor as critically and passive-aggressively. He would get on people for not being realistic, yet when giving complaints, he'd ignore things that have happened and the reality of things just to fit his echo chamber. I just don't understand why you'd come here if you think Geno has 0 chances and you constantly are passive-aggressive and tell people to calm down. I'd like to see wynn back and changed, but the chances of that are unlikely based on past experiences.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
A couple of weeks ago, I had a dream where Geno got revealed as a Mii costume. I remember it being during a character presentation or something, Sakurai said something like "I know many are wondering when we'll reveal Geno as a fighter" gets noticeably uneasy "Well, uh, have this". I remember very ugly crying in my dream after that.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. It's definitely just Japan. I just wish Japan was getting the DK ride just so we could get more info on that.
They may add it later on after they see guest satisfaction, I just can’t remember if the have an expansion plot set aside to develop it later or not. Same with Hollywood. All I know is the one in Orlando will get all three (Mario Kart, Yoshi, Donkey Kong) and maybe more (Luigi’s Mansion, Smash Bros.) but those a rumors for right now and only time will tell.

To stay on topic with Geno, would he have voice work , or would he be a silent fighter? I don’t remember in Super Mario RPG him having any any sound effects like bowser and peach did

OffBi

Smash Ace
They may add it later on after they see guest satisfaction, I just can’t remember if the have an expansion plot set aside to develop it later or not. Same with Hollywood. All I know is the one in Orlando will get all three (Mario Kart, Yoshi, Donkey Kong) and maybe more (Luigi’s Mansion, Smash Bros.) but those a rumors for right now and only time will tell.

To stay on topic with Geno, would he have voice work , or would he be a silent fighter? I don’t remember in Super Mario RPG him having any any sound effects like bowser and peach did
Wait, smash bros?!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I'd rather he have a high pitched voice or at least have a somewhat non-masculine voice I guess lol. I just can't imagine his voice being gruff/deep or anything.

T2by4

Smash Lord
PicsArt_01-13-02.45.14.png

Still no news on the direct huh? Who is the CEO of nintendo directs? I just want to talk.

D

Deleted member

Wait, smash bros?!
Yeah. Universal Orlando's third park has extra space for a Nintendo World expansion and the biggest rumors for it are a Luigi's Mansion or Smash Bros. attraction.

Also, is Wynn permabanned or just banned for a couple of days?

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'd rather he have a high pitched voice or at least have a somewhat non-masculine voice I guess lol. I just can't imagine his voice being gruff/deep or anything.
I think they'd most likely give him a voice. Super Mario RPG obviously didn't have actual voice acting, but Geno still talked and wasn't a silent character.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I had another Geno in Smash dream last night, all I remembered was he was introduced with the geno beam sound effect before appearing. Also, he looked rather different, mostly the hat.

CouLd tHiS bE a pReMoniTiOn? :estatic:

D

Deleted member

I'll never cheer for a user's ban, but I don't really understand why you'd miss wynn.

I'm fine with doubters, in fact I welcome them because it is healthy. But... heh, as I've said before, he CONSTANTLY spouted the same things and clearly took character choices personally. He legitimately thought Sakurai didn't care when he clearly did. Whenever there was proof that negated wynn's argument, he wouldn't address it and just continue on his way. He wouldn't ever let things go. As I said before m, he constantly beat in already dead horse. He was to the point of beating the horse's bones.

Even more questionable, he literally didn't believe in Geno at all. ...so, why was in he in here? Literally every single comment on his was a negative passive-aggressive comment. People don't like to be told how to feel? wynn would literally always storm in saying something akin to "man I can't believe people are thinking this." Always. "Oh but you have to respect his opinion." ...okay? Does that mean he needs to CONSTANTLY say the same negative garbage? It was always passive-aggressive comments about characters or Sakurai's choices 99.99%/100%. He would always say "oh but I like others things." ...except literally only ONE TIME (recently) did he actually say those things, despite him being prodded and asked many times to explain himself before. I know telling people to leave the thread is not good, but... what's the point of staying in the thread if you're gonna constantly say Geno has no chance and you're super jaded by character speculation?

I've gone on this tangent before, but it isn't like it is unfounded. Mods have even agreed (along with a lot of the thread regulars). I don't hate wynn, let me make that clear. And I, and many others, have suggested that if he were more balanced in the things he said, that he'd get less flack.

I don't mind the concept of wynn; someone who keeps the thread level-headed and tries to help with expectations. But basically everyone in the thread agrees, he didn't need to do it as frequently, nor as critically and passive-aggressively. He would get on people for not being realistic, yet when giving complaints, he'd ignore things that have happened and the reality of things just to fit his echo chamber. I just don't understand why you'd come here if you think Geno has 0 chances and you constantly are passive-aggressive and tell people to calm down. I'd like to see wynn back and changed, but the chances of that are unlikely based on past experiences.
They banned Wynn? Man, this place is going to hell.

I don't agree with most of this and I think it's pretty bad taste to write up such a negative eulogy for the guy. His negative opinions are just as valid as anyone's positive ones and if it really was bothering you or anyone else that much, just block him. It is not that serious.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
A couple of weeks ago, I had a dream where Geno got revealed as a Mii costume. I remember it being during a character presentation or something, Sakurai said something like "I know many are wondering when we'll reveal Geno as a fighter" gets noticeably uneasy "Well, uh, have this". I remember very ugly crying in my dream after that.
Look at what you did, you made Geno depressed
PicsArt_01-13-06.52.54.jpg

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Universal Orlando's third park has extra space for a Nintendo World expansion and the biggest rumors for it are a Luigi's Mansion or Smash Bros. attraction.
I didn't know about that rumor, I hope it's true as that would be amazing. (Although a Zelda one would also be cool)

I would like to see a source for these claims if you can though.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace

Also, is Wynn permabanned or just banned for a couple of days?
You've got a picture?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Look at what you did, you made Geno depressed View attachment 257121
It'd probably be a good idea not to take too much stock in my Smash dreams. I also had a dream where a direct happened and a character named "Tagamaru" from a Japanese music/rythem game (Not Takamaru, I'm sure of it) who looked like Chrono was revealed. They also revealed a sequel to the Subspace Emissary, in which, Mewtwo snaps Snake's neck.

D

Deleted member

I didn't know about that rumor, I hope it's true as that would be amazing. (Although a Zalda one would also be cool)
Yeah. Zelda is rumored for Islands of Adventure. But, Geno could be in Universal if there is a Smash Bros. attraction, but as a small cameo. They could have each character with their date of appearance in Smash and their first appearance as a character added like with Super Smash Con.
EBelgKnW4AMzPsS.jpg

You've got a picture?
Sadly, no. I listened about it from a theme park podcast but i'm blanking on a name. I'll try to remember it though.

Nicnac

Smash Ace

This take's a wynner in my book. If you're reading this, Wynn, sucks that you got banned, dude, I really feel for you. Even if you were very negative what you did was ultimately just giving your take like the rest of us, and you were typically quite civil, even though we disagree on pretty much everything.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know about that rumor, I hope it's true as that would be amazing. (Although a Zelda one would also be cool)

I would like to see a source for these claims if you can though.
I think they are still undecided on where to put a Zelda Themed Land. Part of it is seeing how Nintendo Land will do with guests (which I’m sure it will be a success). The other thing is location. I doubt it would go into Epic Universe park, so that would leave Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, most likely islands. Then it’s just a matter of what it will replace: The Lost Continent or Toon Lagoon

You've got a picture?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...endo-world-universal-studios-japan-theme-park

This is a link to some of the Nintendo Land concepts, I’ll try to look for more

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
They banned Wynn? Man, this place is going to hell.

I don't agree with most of this and I think it's pretty bad taste to write up such a negative eulogy for the guy. His negative opinions are just as valid as anyone's positive ones and if it really was bothering you or anyone else that much, just block him. It is not that serious.
I said multiple times that I didn't hate wynn, and that I'm not cheering for his ban.

Clearly it is serious enough where most of the thread AND mods (I've even talked to Venus) take issue. He was banned for a reason. It isn't bad taste, as I wasn't making it one-sided. I said I respected the idea of someone keeping expectations in check and not hyping into oblivion, and I also never said his opinions weren't valid. I even said that I and others wouldn't give him as much flack if he improved. I'm not gonna debate on this as it is off topic, but again, if it wasn't much of an issue, most of the thread AND mods wouldn't have issues with wynn. The mods and most of the thread of all things validate that there is at least an issue.

Last edited:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
D

Deleted member

This take's a wynner
Ayy, nice one.

I said multiple times that I didn't hate wynn, and that I'm not cheering for him ban.

Clearly it is serious enough where most of the thread AND mods (I've even talked to Venus) take issue. It isn't bad taste, as I wasn't making it one-sided. I said I respected the idea of someone keeping expectations in check and not hyping into oblivion, and I also never said his opinions weren't valid. I'm not gonna debate on this, but again, if it wasn't much of an issue, most of the thread AND mods wouldn't have issues with wynn.
No, look, I get that you tried to keep it balanced but your opening line is "how could anyone miss wynn", like, it's pretty obvious where you're coming from. Just because he harped on the same tired message that Sakurai doesn't give a raw **** about us doesn't really mean that he was some kind of universally hated problem child. I mean, I don't think it's permanent or anything but I also don't think it's gonna help the issue to give him the Smashboards classic 3 day ban and hope that he changes his song.

I mean really, when Geno gets revealed in the direct on Thursday he won't even be here to eat crow and that doesn't help anyone grow as a person.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Follow-up: Actually, here is a picture. The podcast is from a person named Alicia Stella who is a trusted theme park insider. I listened to her podcast about it but apparently she talked about it on other sites.
View attachment 257125
Here's a link to the article if you want to take a peek. https://venturebeat.com/2019/07/31/...stone-of-universals-third-orlando-theme-park/
>waiting to see how it performs

It will be an absolute massive hit, are they idiots? I was in Japan last week and went to the new Nintendo store + PokeCenter in Shibuya. The place was massively packed. At one point the store had a 30min line just to get in. Everything Kirby, Mario, and Splatoon related in Japan is huge profit.

D

Deleted member

It will be an absolute massive hit, are they idiots? I was in Japan last week and went to the new Nintendo store + PokeCenter in Shibuya. The place was massively packed. At one point the store had a 30min line just to get in. Everything Kirby, Mario, and Splatoon related in Japan is huge profit.
Yeah. It will be a massive hit for Universal.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice

The concept is great, but what about if the ride is actually good? Does it do justice to the property? we won’t really know that until the park opens

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Ayy, nice one.

No, look, I get that you tried to keep it balanced but your opening line is "how could anyone miss wynn", like, it's pretty obvious where you're coming from. Just because he harped on the same tired message that Sakurai doesn't give a raw **** about us doesn't really mean that he was some kind of universally hated problem child. I mean, I don't think it's permanent or anything but I also don't think it's gonna help the issue to give him the Smashboards classic 3 day ban and hope that he changes his song.

I mean really, when Geno gets revealed in the direct on Thursday he won't even be here to eat crow and that doesn't help anyone grow as a person.
Last thing on this because I know it is off topic but... look, when you constantly act the way wynn does... yeah, I'm sorry if it is harsh, but i don't understand why you'd miss him a bunch. I normally don't speak like that as I know that's harsh, but again, I'm not cheering for him to be gone and would welcome him back if he improved. But, again, my feelings aren't unfounded when so many others seem to agree including mods. When I person constantly acts like that, they aren't fun to be around. Simple as that.

Again, final word on this from me, but if wynn came back and wasn't so "how he usually is," I'm sure I and many people would be fine with his return. But as it is now, clearly things were building towards as ban if most of the thread and some mods are any indication.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Being overly ambitious with theme park projects is generally a pretty bad idea for a number of reasons, mostly because tourism as an industry in general depends on world events outside of their control, and any project can easily get screwed by a drop in attendees due to stuff like natural disasters, recessions, wars, ect. When people have less money or feel less safe, the first thing they drop is vacations/trips. Slow rollout is a good idea since they can always just expand later.

Deity Madason

Smash Cadet
Still, JWittz can have an opinion of who he wants and doesn't want. Let's not stoop to a level that makes us look like a toxic hatedom like other have devolved to in the past.

Geno fans are better than that.
This threads initial reaction to Hero says otherwise

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m hoping a Nintendo Direct happens this week and it’s not focused on Animal Crossing... it would suck having to wait till February, but then the only bright side is maybe they’ll release fighters 5 and 6. As of right now, my expectation is just 1 fighter revealed and it’s a fighter no one has mentioned. I mean, the way announcements tend to go, I have a hard time believing a triple reveal, but like this, I’ll be very surprised if it’s more than 1
Too bad. We're getting an 30 minute Animal Crossing Direct this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom