• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1164198016598851584?s=19

DQ's getting another promotional spirit for DQXI S (or its demo), completely separate from Hero. That's interesting. Looks like this and Hero's release is really giving DQ that Western (and European, for that matter) push. Kinda surprised to see it happen, though. I thought what we got with Hero was going to be the end of it. I think the only time we got promo spirits for games was for first party stuff, so Nintendo's really giving SE some major loving. Hmmm.
I don't think this really means anything for Geno. DQ11SEOAEADE is coming soon, so it's most likely just to help promote that.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
OHHH heck that's right, didn't they give some like partial funding and stuff for it (especially with Sugiyama's new orchestral tunes)? I totally forgot about that.
Not sure how the music arrangement works but like all DQ games on the system, Nintendo handles the publishing and promotion everywhere but Japan.
I don't think this really means anything for Geno. DQ11SEOAEADE is coming soon, so it's most likely just to help promote that.
Rolls right off the tongue.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hey everybody. Awhile back when we were discussing characters we considered the most likely characters to be the last 2 fighters in this fighters pass, I mentioned that I was going to create my own Moveset for the character Frisk from Undertale. I was letting anyone who actually cared to look at that know that it is now posted on the Frisk support thread. I didnt want to post it here since it's huge and not relevant to Geno. Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium

I have some general ideas for a Geno Moveset and I think I'll work on that next at my leisure. Also, I thought of a question today that I am not sure if it's been asked yet: if Geno made it in the fighters pass and there were SMRPG specific Mii costumes, what Mii costumes would you want?

Nicnac

Smash Ace
So I was listening to my playlist today, and one of the songs that came up was David Bowie's "Starman". Not only is that tune a certified banger, but while listening to it I felt some of the lyrics matched up in a weird way with Geno's predicament, especially because he is a literal Star-Man. Check it:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey everybody. Awhile back when we were discussing characters we considered the most likely characters to be the last 2 fighters in this fighters pass, I mentioned that I was going to create my own Moveset for the character Frisk from Undertale. I was letting anyone who actually cared to look at that know that it is now posted on the Frisk support thread. I didnt want to post it here since it's huge and not relevant to Geno. Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium

I have some general ideas for a Geno Moveset and I think I'll work on that next at my leisure. Also, I thought of a question today that I am not sure if it's been asked yet: if Geno made it in the fighters pass and there were SMRPG specific Mii costumes, what Mii costumes would you want?
Yeah I've been hesitating to post on the Frisk thread for some reason. I'll check it out if I can if that's what you're mentioning me about.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Also, I thought of a question today that I am not sure if it's been asked yet: if Geno made it in the fighters pass and there were SMRPG specific Mii costumes, what Mii costumes would you want?
Mallow Brawler, Croco's top hat, returning Geno Gunner, and just for a laugh, an Exor Swordfighter costume.

Dan

Smash Lord
So I was listening to my playlist today, and one of the songs that came up was David Bowie's "Starman". Not only is that tune a certified banger, but while listening to it I felt some of the lyrics matched up in a weird way with Geno's predicament, especially because he is a literal Star-Man. Check it:
Such an amazing song; I actually referenced it in this thread before the final Direct, but unfortunately there was not a starman waiting in the sky that night. :(

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"Didn't know what time it was when the lives were lost"

Grinch Leak in a nutshell. :reverse:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Yeah I've been hesitating to post on the Frisk thread for some reason. I'll check it out if I can if that's what you're mentioning me about.
I was mentioning you because back then I mentioned a general Frisk Moveset concept and I believe it was you who gave some critiques and I said I would get back to you guys with a more fully-realized and thought out moveset. I could be mistaken though.

To answer my own question earlier:

I would like Bruce Lee dressed up as Mallow brawler, Exor sword fighter, Jonathon Jones sword fighter, Axem Rangers sword fighters, croco hat, smithy brawler or sword fighter, Frogfucius sword fighter, or Booster brawler. But most of all, Toad with bazooka Gunner.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1164198016598851584?s=19

DQ's getting another promotional spirit for DQXI S (or its demo), completely separate from Hero. That's interesting. Looks like this and Hero's release is really giving DQ that Western (and European, for that matter) push. Kinda surprised to see it happen, though. I thought what we got with Hero was going to be the end of it. I think the only time we got promo spirits for games was for first party stuff, so Nintendo's really giving SE some major loving. Hmmm.
Nintendo should have released this yesterday and called it "Tockle Tuesday".

(I know I'm not the only one who heard Sakurai talk about Tacos in the Hero video).

Freduardo

Smash Champion
In an effort to stimulate discussion, I posit the following question: If you had to pick another Mario RPG character to be in smash, who would you choose, and what would their moveset be?

Hardmode: you can't pick mallow, fawful, boshi or booster.
Easy mode: Fawful

Hard mode: Smithy

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Mallow has to be a costume, but you could make a case for him being any of the three. Froggy stick swordfighter, brawler because of the various punch moves he has, or even mage-esque gunner? I'd personally prefer him as a Swordfighter.

Returning Geno Costume, obviously. I currently main Gunner so if Geno's moveset doesn't resonate with me it'd be great to play as "geno" anyway.

Axem Rangers Swordfighter, preferably with all the colors depending on the Mii's favorite color, but red for male and pink for female miis would be fine with me I guess. Or they could just have 5 seperate costumes and bundle them together?

Booster Brawler, Valentina Brawler, Johnny Swordfighter, Yaridovich Swordfighter, Bowyer Gunner, Punchinello Gunner, Smithy Swordfighter with Exor as his sword... I could go on.

If I had to pick four (which is how many mii costumes we've gotten with each fighter thus far, excluding tails/knuckles) I'd pick Mallow Brawler, Axem Swordfighter, Geno Gunner, and Bowyer/Punchinello Gunner.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
So I was listening to my playlist today, and one of the songs that came up was David Bowie's "Starman". Not only is that tune a certified banger, but while listening to it I felt some of the lyrics matched up in a weird way with Geno's predicament, especially because he is a literal Star-Man.
How about the song mashed up with the actual Star Road theme?

QQS

Smash Lord
Sorry I’m a little bit lost. Is there something happening on Thursday? Which games are going to be featured? Will be some news about Smash? Should I be pending for some Smash/DLC news or is not Smash-Related? Just wanna make sure in order not to discover DLC news on Social Media rather than seeing live footage.

If the answer is YES and there is an event, Which games are going to be featured and at what time? To convert it to my zone in Latin America, plz.

Thanks!

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Huh, didn't know there was going to be a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Invitational Tournament in gamescom :nifty:

EDIT: Tomorrow. :nifty::nifty::nifty:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not a fan of leak culture in general, but damn, that took some brass balls.
Have you ever heard of the ESRB leak from the Smash 4 days? Well the leaker's username was the *************leaker and he leaked images of the entire roster from the game months before it came out. It was the first time most of us saw :4shulk:, :4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, and :4darkpit: all in Smash as well as the return of :4drmario:.

This crazy son of a ***** also leaked gameplay footage of :4shulk: and:4bowserjr::

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Have you ever heard of the ESRB leak from the Smash 4 days? Well the leaker's username was the *************leaker and he leaked images of the entire roster from the game months before it came out. It was the first time most of us saw :4shulk:, :4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, and :4darkpit: all in Smash as well as the return of :4drmario:.

This crazy son of a ***** also leaked gameplay footage of :4shulk: and:4bowserjr::
It blows my mind that sakurai actually put photoshopped little mac into smash.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Sorry I’m a little bit lost. Is there something happening on Thursday? Which games are going to be featured? Will be some news about Smash? Should I be pending for some Smash/DLC news or is not Smash-Related? Just wanna make sure in order not to discover DLC news on Social Media rather than seeing live footage.

If the answer is YES and there is an event, Which games are going to be featured and at what time? To convert it to my zone in Latin America, plz.

Thanks!
There's no way they're announcing Smash Bros DLC at Gamescon

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Especially the lyric "He'd like to come and meet us, but thinks he'd blow our minds." Correct, he'd blow our minds with his inclusion. C'mon Square Enix, Let the Children (Fans) use it (Geno) and Let all the Children (Fans) Boogie. :lol:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
They "might" announce the next Nintendo Direct after the Gamescon Smash Bros. Invitational...?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
This has been quite the invigorating, what, month and a half? Waiting for whatever the Starling means is kind of fun

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They "might" announce the next Nintendo Direct after the Gamescon Smash Bros. Invitational...?
Doubtful. The Direct is likely to be in the 1st week of September and they usually don't announce these kinds of things more than 2-3 days in advance (unless it's E3 or another special event like the Switch Presentation). Sometimes, only one day.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It blows my mind that sakurai actually put photoshopped little mac into smash.
Lol! The good old times.

Honestly the ESRB leak was the main reason I believed the Grinch leak.
I literally thought the Grinch leak was ESRB 2.

This has been quite the invigorating, what, month and a half? Waiting for whatever the Starling means is kind of fun
Waiting is certainly better than finding out our boi is deconfirmed. We just got to hold on until the end.

D

Deleted member

PapaGenos just uploaded a new video talking about a datamine for Smash Ultimate with 3 new Online modes as well as Home Run Contest. He also talks about an image leak with Geno that shows a render of him with his hat and cloak uncolored. His face is colored though. Only thing I don't like about it is the lines under his eyes aren't centered. This is also nowhere to be found on the Internet. Of course this can be fake, but I REALLY hope that this image is actually real.
Screenshot_20190822-102237_YouTube.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
PapaGenos just uploaded a new video talking about a datamine for Smash Ultimate with 3 new Online modes as well as Home Run Contest. He also talks about an image leak with Geno that shows a render of him with his hat and cloak uncolored. His face is colored though. Only thing I don't like about it is the lines under his eyes aren't centered. This is also nowhere to be found on the Internet. I REALLY hope that this image is actually real.
Oh my Hylia. I hope that it's legit because it actually doesn't look all that bad as a base.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
PapaGenos just uploaded a new video talking about a datamine for Smash Ultimate with 3 new Online modes as well as Home Run Contest. He also talks about an image leak with Geno that shows a render of him with his hat and cloak uncolored. His face is colored though. Only thing I don't like about it is the lines under his eyes aren't centered. This is also nowhere to be found on the Internet. I REALLY hope that this image is actually real.
Where did this image leak originate?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Something tells me this model is fake, but I would LOVE to be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom