• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I highly doubt Sony would play ball with ANY offers from Nintendo. It seems like the last couple years, Sony has done everything in their power to spite both Microsoft and Nintendo in terms of crossplay and such.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war with Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never read the Twitter comments!"

...I really should watch the Princess Bride; all I know about it are that scene and two other similar ones.
It's a good movie. If I were to guess the other two scenes you know, it would be the ROUS and some variation of ""Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

And yeah, I know it's Twitter, but I was curious.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war with Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never read the Twitter comments!"

...I really should watch the Princess Bride; all I know about it are that scene and two other similar ones.
Do so, it's a treat for various reasons besides said scenes.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Yeah, Sony getting this big status with EVO suggests to me that their news will be the dominate factor this year and not Nintendo despite Ultimate's presence at the tournament in the final position. Also, Kratos is totally the best choice for a Sony rep (He's basically the only one from the PS2 era that has survived this long with continued acclaim that Sony actually owns and he has amazing choices for weapons/stages/music etc. Plus, I so desperately want to continue the trend of Smash being the best Playstation fighting game to for the pure hilarity of it).

To be fair, Smash doesn't really belong with the FGC to begin with since it's such a unique thing. And I think that's where the FGC gets really frustrated with us since EVO is supposed to be their event and Smash isn't necessarily an accurate representation of them... Especially when Smash also brings in such negative connotations at tournaments (Unsportsmanlike conduct, smell, etc. are all Smash stereotypes). I know people take it too far and the FGC is notoriously toxic and elitist on its own... but I also kind of get why the FGC does not want to keep being lumped in with Smash all the time and having Smash dominate so much stuff when they don't see reason to have it represent them so much.

We can't use the example of Smash 4 to build that confidence though and just map it on to Spirits. Mewtwo seems to have been started after Smash 3DS released and they were just dabbling with DLC in Smash 4 anyway with no real plan. Smash Ultimate had an extremely clear and structured plan for DLC and the future that was developed concurrently with the game. Mewtwo was also a veteran, so he likely needed less work than full on newcomers would require like we're getting these days, so I'm not sure the 10 months to a year thing would really apply to him.

I know the trophies get used a lot to justify the Spirits thing, but I don't really think the situations are all that comparable when Ultimate and its DLC are clearly designed in a completely different and much more well executed manner with lots of intentional decision making.
I've always wanted Ratchet and Clank, to be fair.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I highly doubt Sony would play ball with ANY offers from Nintendo. It seems like the last couple years, Sony has done everything in their power to spite both Microsoft and Nintendo in terms of crossplay and such.
Not to mention that the character pool of characters that Sony actually owns is pretty small. Aside from Kratos, who else notable is there?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I've always wanted Ratchet and Clank, to be fair.
Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper would have been just... god-tier picks if they were possible. Unfortunately, both series are going through some rough periods, and I just couldn't see it happening. At least Banjo had extremely loud fan demand on his and Kazooie's side, but R&C and Sly don't. It's a shame, though. They're both great.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not to mention that the character pool of characters that Sony actually owns is pretty small. Aside from Kratos, who else notable is there?
Ratchet and Clank, Nathan Drake from Uncharted, Joel and Ellie from the Last of Us, Parappa the Rapper, and I can't believe that you've forgotten Knack. (just kidding - if not for Dunkey, everyone would have forgotten Knack)

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

It's a good movie. 10/10 Andre the Giant is the best part of that thing

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
KNACK BAYYBEEEEEE LET'S GOOOOOO KNACK 2 BAYYBEEEEE!

Seriously though the only two characters I could think of are 1) Jak and Daxter which I don't know if you would consider them notable and I don't know if they're owned by Sony or not and 2) Sackboy but Little Big Planet is not a big deal and I'm pretty sure the franchise is dead anyways.

Maybe Parappa but their franchise is dead too.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Alternative choice: Big Daddy for Sony representation.

Also, we need the TF2 Heavy or someone for PC representation.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Alternative choice: Big Daddy for Sony representation.

I like TF2 (or well liked back before hats, haven't really played since), but damn if I don't hate the Heavy's face for being one of the faces for meme culture the past few years. Gordon Freeman also suffers from that, but Half-Life is basically in a tier of its own and if you're going for recognition, he's the one to go for. Moveset wise, Chell from Portal would be super interesting and creative

I'm not sure Big Daddy works at all for Sony representation, the original Bioshock originally released only on the Xbox 360 and PC before coming to PS3 a year later, so he's honestly more of yet another Microsoft rep haha.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Parappa the Rapper, Umjammer Lammy, Spike from Ape Escape, Sir Dan Fortesque, Jak & Daxter, Nathan Drake, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Toro & Kuro, Needles Kane, Cole McGrath and Sackboy. And that's everyone I can name off the top of my head.

Probably shouldn't be too difficult, seeing as Valve stopped making games. We just need enough fan support (especially if they support a team idea like the proposal on the Heavy thread).

KNACK BAYYBEEEEEE LET'S GOOOOOO KNACK 2 BAYYBEEEEE!

Seriously though the only two characters I could think of are 1) Jak and Daxter which I don't know if you would consider them notable and I don't know if they're owned by Sony or not and 2) Sackboy but Little Big Planet is not a big deal and I'm pretty sure the franchise is dead anyways.

Maybe Parappa but they're franchise is dead too.
It'd be easier to name a Sony property that isn't dead...

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Serious question here: Are you an active Geno supporter?

I know it's completely possible to want him in while also believing it isn't going to happen.

If this is the case for you, I then have to ask: Could you believe all of this to be true but still let others who still have hope here believe their dream can come true?

It seems a little unnecessary to stomp out hope, especially if we all want the same thing.
I am a Geno support, but I'm also a realist.

As for your second question I don't think so. I had hope that Shadow and Isaac are going to be in the game way back in August before the leaks. I believed that Rex & Pyra are going to be DLC. But then November happened and crushed all my hopes. I see the writing on the walls saying what's going to happen and yet still see people ignoring the warnings, such as some people still believing that Rex is going to make it in. Dreams can come true, but so can nightmares. I'm giving out warning. It honestly doesn't matter if I stomp out the hope because it's already over, the last two characters are picked and there's no changing it. If I'm wrong then good, everyone gets to enjoy Geno and nothing is lost. If I'm right then just remember I tried to warn people and if anyone is upset then it's their fault for not paying attention to the message.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm split on the Sceptile decision because I don't like the idea that Sceptile gets thrown around as 'The only Cool grass starter that works for Smash Bros'

My idea for a more diverse representation would be Pokemon Master (Echo of Pokemon Trainer) with Oshawott (Gen 5), Bayleef (Gen 2), Blaziken (Gen 3)

Then everyone literally gets represented without having them seem too far from Squirtle, Ivysaur and Zard
Sceptile was popular around the Smash ballot, mainly because of the gen 3 remakes and the lack of a grass type, not because hes "the only cool grass starter"??? Sceptile is my second favorite pokemon and is plenty of people's favorite, people wanted him because we had Charizard and Greninja but no grass starter.

Now in Ultimate, the same problem arises. Pokemon trainer has all 3, but we also have Greninja/Incin on top of that. Putting in an echo of trainer (which, no offense, but that particular trio is just a terrible choice all around) is infeasible and won't help the actual problem. The actual problem being that the classic "choose grass water or fire" dynamic isn't really represented well in smash, and it should be.

Citation needed for Sceptile/Grovyle’s popularity (legitimately my favorite Pokémon is Sceptile lol).
I can get the really large conglomerate poll if you want, but I thought it was common knowledge honestly. During the Smash Ballot, the only pokemon I saw consistently show up on almost every poll was Sceptile. Sure, ORAS had a lot to do with it, but it is what it is. Grass type fans are doomed to be ignored for all eternity I guess.

Still a little peeved they put in Incineroar when Decidueye was very obviously the fan favorite.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Smash is closing out EVO eh? Gonna get the popcorn, where my Smash gear aannnnnddddd Expect nothing.

Maybe an announcement for an announcement.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder what sort of character reveal at EVO would cause the biggest reaction. Not saying that will happen, just thinking hypotheticals.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Here's an interesting question for you my fellow Geno Bros and Gals.
What would you think about a new game starring Geno, but not featuring anything from the Mushroom Kingdom. No Mario stuff at ALL, but a new world with new wacky characters much like SMRPG and Mallow even returns. Would you bite? Or is the feeling of them without Mario too strange?
Very Strange. But then again, that's how Wario Land/Wario Ware is and it still works out.
More exactly it would be the repeat of Banjo history, since Banjo didn't end up as a mutual recurring character in Mario universe like Wario, and he is also owned by third party now.

And since the whole SMRPG is very Square-ique already and given he won't return to Nintendo easily, I would really like to see a Geno game entirely portrayed in Square's own style, probably close to Chocobo games.
With that said, while I understand it's not likely we'll see a Geno game, I also feel it's a pity/waste for him not be in other Square RPGs (Chocobo, FF, Octopath) despite of how easy he can fit in.

Another possibility could be that if Sakurai decides to include Geno as DLC, suppose he just attached his already-existing spirit within the game to his character? He could also include a number of other SMRPG-related characters as spirits with his DLC, so Geno's spirit becomes a little easier to access given that the spirit itself could now be attached to an existing character within the game. Might sound strange or unlikely, but it's not totally impossible.
Pesronally I'm not too aware of the spirit deconfirmation theory. I agree that if Geno does appear in new games in person, he would receive new CG renders so the old renders don't really matter.

However, I don't think Smash bros would try to highlight, promote or memorize SMRPG the single game no matter if Geno makes it or not. I think the current Mario spirit lineup covers up the diversity of Mario franchise and that's a good direction.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
You know, I wonder what sort of character reveal at EVO would cause the biggest reaction. Not saying that will happen, just thinking hypotheticals.
At EVO? The biggest reaction would either have to come from a fighting game (EVO in general crowd) like Heihachi or a Soul Caliber rep, or it'd have to be a hardcore Smash Fan pick... like Geno. (or Isaac)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hmmm...its hard to say. As PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON has stated, those are some positive reactions that would cause a reaction.

But for a Negative reaction...A Fire Emblem Character would be frowned upon at EVO. Especially since the game released a week (ish) before the event. I personally feel that would be the worst case. Or Waddle Dee...NOT Bandana Dee, just a basic Waddle Dee for the Smash fans.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Hmmm...its hard to say. As PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON has stated, those are some positive reactions that would cause a reaction.

But for a Negative reaction...A Fire Emblem Character would be frowned upon at EVO. Especially since the game released a week (ish) before the event. I personally feel that would be the worst case. Or Waddle Dee...NOT Bandana Dee, just a basic Waddle Dee.
I dunno about y'all, but as someone who wants Bandana Dee in Smash more than anyone else........ I would actually be totally okay with a normal Waddle Dee tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Sceptile was popular around the Smash ballot, mainly because of the gen 3 remakes and the lack of a grass type, not because hes "the only cool grass starter"??? Sceptile is my second favorite pokemon and is plenty of people's favorite, people wanted him because we had Charizard and Greninja but no grass starter.
I'm not saying I am totally against Sceptile. I love grass starters more than water and fire.

It is just in my weird little imagination, I always imagine someone like Meganium or Serperior working out just as well as Sceptile. It's more of a 'there are other options to consider' path I take.

ZelDan

Smash Master
As someone who never got into any Sony's first party stuff past the PS1 outside of Shadow of Colossus (PS2 was a JRPG/third party machine, never got a PS3 or 4), I can't say I really want any Sony character in Smash.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As someone who never got into any Sony's first party stuff past the PS1 outside of Shadow of Colossus (PS2 was a JRPG/third party machine, never got a PS3 or 4), I can't say I really want any Sony character in Smash.
I have played a good bit of Sony first party games and I have to agree with you. It would just feel weird. Microsoft would have been weird IF they weren't buddy buddy with Nintendo. I think it would be a testament to Sakurai if he got a first party Sony character in. Crash and Spyro seem more plausible than Kratos or Wanderer. (Though, Shadow of the Colossus music in Smash...Oh my)

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I know this isn't really Geno or SMRPG related, so but it is Nintendo related and I'm sorry for being off-topic but I was super impressed and even felt some emotion with this.

This exists.

Can we talk real quick about how ****ing awesome Nintendo is? We may have our issues with them, but hot damn if they ain't still the best video game company out there.

Most AAA games that will no longer get updates are just left to rot with like maybe a message or two about it being the last patch or whatever. Very rarely do big games get a really cool send-off. More often than not, it's either an indie title or you get a bunch of fan-made videos that are a send off to the game.

But Nintendo did a send-off video for Splatoon 2. Sure, the game isn't dead, but they will no longer be updating it. They aren't shutting it down, but there will be nothing new made for it, which depending on the game is either the end or a sign of the inevitable.

But Nintendo made this send-off video and it blew my fricken mind. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they display mostly fan-art in this? This is what really messes me up with this video: it feels like a bunch of fans got together and made it. It has that vibe to it, and they showed off fun times and fan art and thanked us for playing and supporting their game for so long...

You don't see companies like this very much anymore.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I know this isn't really Geno or SMRPG related, so but it is Nintendo related and I'm sorry for being off-topic but I was super impressed and even felt some emotion with this.

Snip

This exists.

Can we talk real quick about how ****ing awesome Nintendo is? We may have our issues with them, but hot damn if they ain't still the best video game company out there.

Most AAA games that will no longer get updates are just left to rot with like maybe a message or two about it being the last patch or whatever. Very rarely do big games get a really cool send-off. More often than not, it's either an indie title or you get a bunch of fan-made videos that are a send off to the game.

But Nintendo did a send-off video for Splatoon 2. Sure, the game isn't dead, but they will no longer be updating it. They aren't shutting it down, but there will be nothing new made for it, which depending on the game is either the end or a sign of the inevitable.

But Nintendo made this send-off video and it blew my fricken mind. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they display mostly fan-art in this? This is what really messes me up with this video: it feels like a bunch of fans got together and made it. It has that vibe to it, and they showed off fun times and fan art and thanked us for playing and supporting their game for so long...

Man, watching that video and following it up with the video below is quite the experience.
For a company older than most of their competitors combined,, Nintendo is still very much in tune with it's creativity and positivity.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman

This exists.

Yeah in recent times it really feels like Nintendo cares a lot about the fans and their actions really show that. I saw this video an hour ago and it truly is beautiful there's so much love put into these games and Nintendo going out of their way to put together a video like this is beautiful as very few others if no other company does this sort of thing but Nintendo does. This video is beautiful.

Even disregarding Splatoon though which within itself does show some love to the community and Nintendo making this is beautiful we could also look towards other games showing that Nintendo cares, Mario Party had a return to form with its old style, Breath of the Wild while not made solely for the fans is made with love and passion towards the Zelda franchise and the community can really respect that and last but not least, Smash Ultimate.

Smash Ultimate is filled to the brim with love and fan fulfillment with a plethora of content Smash fans have been wanting with a sprinkle of Sakurai's own wants. Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Young Link/Pichu, Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon/Richter, Dark Samus, Chrom, Isabelle, Hero and even BANJO-KAZOOIE are in the game and all of that + more was made for the fans.

King K, Ridley and Banjo are obvious fan fulfillment characters, Simon and Richter were decently requested not to the same caliber but requested non the less, Chrom was requested all the way from Smash 4 to his reveal, Dark Samus was somewhat popular I'm sure, Isabelle while she may not appeal to the hardcore fans she was almost certainly a hit within the wider and broader demographic, Hero was almost certainly popular within Japan and so on so forth.

Even the faster speed and flow of the game was a requested change to the formula and what do we know we have that too.

Smash, Splatoon and a plethora of other games were really filled with love and while most games did not go out of their way to appeal directly to the fans we can take a guess that Nintendo very much so listens to the fans Smash being a perfect example of that and Splatoon showing their love towards the Fanbase a lot of the time upon other games like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Party.

While Nintendo may not be perfect and they may have messed up quite a bit they're still without a doubt better than a lot of companies like EA or so on and definitely one of the better companies in terms of listening to their fans and I certainly hope they continue that trend for years to come even with games that are already out (wink wink nudge nudge).

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah in recent times it really feels like Nintendo cares a lot about the fans and their actions really show that. I saw this video an hour ago and it truly is beautiful there's so much love put into these games and Nintendo going out of their way to put together a video like this is beautiful as very few others if no other company does this sort of thing but Nintendo does. This video is beautiful.

Even disregarding Splatoon though which within itself does show some love to the community and Nintendo making this is beautiful we could also look towards other games showing that Nintendo cares, Mario Party had a return to form with its old style, Breath of the Wild while not made solely for the fans is made with love and passion towards the Zelda franchise and the community can really respect that and last but not least, Smash Ultimate.

Smash Ultimate is filled to the brim with love and fan fulfillment with a plethora of content Smash fans have been wanting with a sprinkle of Sakurai's own wants. Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Young Link/Pichu, Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon/Richter, Dark Samus, Chrom, Isabelle, Hero and even BANJO-KAZOOIE are in the game and all of that + more was made for the fans.

King K, Ridley and Banjo are obvious fan fulfillment characters, Simon and Richter were decently requested not to the same caliber but requested non the less, Chrom was requested all the way from Smash 4 to his reveal, Dark Samus was somewhat popular I'm sure, Isabelle while she may not appeal to the hardcore fans she was almost certainly a hit within the wider and broader demographic, Hero was almost certainly popular within Japan and so on so forth.

Even the faster speed and flow of the game was a requested change to the formula and what do we know we have that too.

Smash, Splatoon and a plethora of other games were really filled with love and while most games did not go out of their way to appeal directly to the fans we can take a guess that Nintendo very much so listens to the fans Smash being a perfect example of that and Splatoon showing their love towards the Fanbase a lot of the time upon other games like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Party.

While Nintendo may not be perfect and they may have messed up quite a bit they're still without a doubt better than a lot of companies like EA or so on and definitely one of the better companies in terms of listening to their fans and I certainly hope they continue that trend for years to come even with games that are already out (wink wink nudge nudge).
To add to this. Kirby: Star Allies is basically Fan-Service: The Game (no, not that kind of fan service you creeps!) with all the classic and current Kirby characters it put together.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Don't forget
To add to this. Kirby: Star Allies is basically Fan-Service: The Game (no, not that kind of fan service you creeps!) with all the classic and current Kirby characters it put together.
It was a joy to play and I find myself constantly going back to play from time to time! The sheer amount of love put into that game was certainly my dream come true! (Didn't want to speak for all Kirby fans because opinions differ.)

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I don't get why people are hoping for a Sony character to be revealed at EVO when Smash Bros Ultimate already has Joker, Cloud, and Solid Snake. Smash Bros has more Playstation All-stars then Playstation All-stars Battle Royale. Kratos as in inclusion is... complicated. Kratos from GoW 1 through 3 is a terrible character, I would hate his inclusion more then a certain characters that I'm not allowed to name. Kratos from GoW 2018 is a better character so it wouldn't be that bad, but honestly that version of Kratos is extremely different from the original trilogy's Kratos so they might as well be two different characters. Honestly it's kind of weird how little characters Sony owns.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Man, watching that video and following it up with the video below is quite the experience.[insert game explain vid here]
For a company older than most of their competitors combined,, Nintendo is still very much in tune with it's creativity and positivity.
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

Adding to this, at E3 they talked about how for Luigi’s Mansion 3, they looked at message boards to see how the fans felt and what they wanted. It’s part of the reason the singular mansion with no missions is returning. Although this is Next Level Games (this does give me hope for a new Strikers game, please I’m begging you NLG), I feel like most at Nintendo or their subsidiaries are listening to fans especially with Banjo-Kazooie. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if a few SmashBoards members are actually Nintendo employees in disguise. They’re here... watching... 0_o

Conspiracy theories aside, that’s why I think Geno is coming sooner or later. He has fan demand for sure and I’m sure he placed high on the ballot. It’s why I have hope that the Starling image means something for us.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I don't get why people are hoping for a Sony character to be revealed at EVO when Smash Bros Ultimate already has Joker, Cloud, and Solid Snake. Smash Bros has more Playstation All-stars then Playstation All-stars Battle Royale. Kratos as in inclusion is... complicated. Kratos from GoW 1 through 3 is a terrible character, I would hate his inclusion more then a certain characters that I'm not allowed to name. Kratos from GoW 2018 is a better character so it wouldn't be that bad, but honestly that version of Kratos is extremely different from the original trilogy's Kratos so they might as well be two different characters. Honestly it's kind of weird how little characters Sony owns.
I haven't seen anyone say they hope for one to be announced at EVO. We were speculating possible candidates for a hypothetical scenario. You make a fair point but the first half of your argument makes little sense.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It was a joy to play and I find myself constantly going back to play from time to time! The sheer amount of love put into that game was certainly my dream come true! (Didn't want to speak for all Kirby fans because opinions differ.)
While I think it's fair to say the Kirby community's opinion on the game was a bit varied on release, the fan service and extra goodies that came after was a major slam dunk. I swear, that game is the reason I now want a true to form Kirby fighting game that takes full advantage of the Kirby cast.
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...
I am confused, did I miss something from the video? I have no clue what you are referencing.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
While I think it's fair to say the Kirby community's opinion on the game was a bit varied on release, the fan service and extra goodies that came after was a major slam dunk. I swear, that game is the reason I now want a true to form Kirby fighting game that takes full advantage of the Kirby cast.

I am confused, did I miss something from the video? I have no clue what you are referencing.
Maybe it's just me but I really wanted a "boss mode" where one person played as a Dream Friend while the other played as Kirby. They'd have to balance it but I thought that would be really cool. Also, kind of a shame Drawcia, Prince Fluff, Shadow Kirby, Elline, and Galacta Knight were cut but I understand that they wanted to keep mainline games as Dream Friend reps, so I'm ok with that.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

It's from the ending of Cowboy Bebop. Spoiler Free, it ends in a way that is rather ambiguous about the main character's fate and the whole series is mostly nothing but sad and depressing moments of realism. Each episode had a one-liner of text at the end, the finale ends with "YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT." referring to likely the emotional experience of the series as a whole.

Watching that video reminded me even more about how awesome Iwata was in most things in his life and how it feels like he was taken for granted by us. Not in a bad way, but in a way where we thought we would have him for a long while longer and because we didn't, we couldn't show him enough appreciation while he was alive.

It just really hit me in the feels and my stomach felt like a boulder.

Hence the quote.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Adding to this, at E3 they talked about how for Luigi’s Mansion 3, they looked at message boards to see how the fans felt and what they wanted. It’s part of the reason the singular mansion with no missions is returning. Although this is Next Level Games (this does give me hope for a new Strikers game, please I’m begging you NLG), I feel like most at Nintendo or their subsidiaries are listening to fans especially with Banjo-Kazooie. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if a few SmashBoards members are actually Nintendo employees in disguise. They’re here... watching... 0_o
*looks at Steve's popularity in other places*

It is time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom