• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if someday Nintendo will buy the rights for Super Mario RPG...
I think what matters is even if right transfer is unlikely, the companies can still do the following things.
NIntendo: go support the RPG characters, they still own, like Fawful and Parakarry, to satisfy the RPG fanbases
SE: ultilize Mallow and Geno in their other game series.

Before they even talk about the SMRGP isssue, I'd think they shoulld do these first. After all it's not like they shouldn't do anything with the properties they own.

We have too many Fire Emblem Characters I guess Blythe was better than nothing. I loved Super Mario RPG the Seven Stars when I was a little kid and I would like an out of the ordinary character like Geno and these following Characters from the Mario Bros, Yoshi and Wario series. I would add these characters from these respective series if I was the games director.
That's more a biased umbalanced roster in the view of Mario fans, to be fair you even know that Wario and Yoshi titles deserve more reps, then it could be less bothersome to focus on them instead.
And if you're actually refering to the whole Mario series roster (tho I don't see Pauline and Birdo here), again, the idea of insterting a Mario rpg rep in a Mario roster should be executed in any other Mario title. It's a different issue from Geno's character support here.

Realisitcally, if Geno couldn't make it in Smash 5 but in 6 instead, we'd know that Smash 6 probably has to face a big cut down as it's not Everyone Edition again. So that we can be sure that Geno wouldn't fight against some of the current characters, or reversely, if he was added in Smash 5 over plant piranha, he might not fight against the new additions in Smash 6. The idea of "completing a main cast of a certain series" is never working.

Otherwise you have to assume that you're the Nintendo CEO and would double the budget for Smash project to make 150 fighters in a game.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thank you for putting me in. This lowly Smashboards member is honoured! Also rumours of Crash being a future pick. Completely down for that he deserves it and would be an amazing pick!
No problem, if you are talking about me. I made that image, and I thought it wouldn't hurt and would be a good idea to add you in there.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Here is another meme I made, which is supposed to represent our support for Geno getting in, and out time coming when or if that happens.

No offense to anyone.
I'm so glad that I'm being put in these memes more, only a bit longer here and I can steal all your social security numbers be fully integrated!

D

Deleted member

Ahh I see thank you for putting me in the meme then SonicSmasher1 I appreciate it!

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
20200118_194824.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the stage people are referring to. Also, sorry for the sideways image. Don't know how to change that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Existing on the internet? Yeah, after three "cancel" attempts, tons of death threats, and a doxx attempt, I'm still here. Definitely begs the question that if I really was a pathological liar and fraud only doing this for the sake of E-cred and fame, why would I 1. put up with all this and 2. keep coming back.
Because this place supplies you with the exact reaction you hope to elicit with your behaviour? Same reason you've almost entirely stopped posting in every other thread, because they don't. And not for a lack of trying.

It's as if, I dunno, maybe if all the rumors I hear don't come to fruition or are 100% accurate, I'm not lying about what I hear. Given the NoA ambassador is a friend of yours and they even said you knew their identity since the get go of me hearing insider stuff and yet we're still having these encounters a year later, I don't know what to say anymore.
Yeah, I'm also aware of the source, and it's a fantastic look at the before and after effects of trying to capitalize off the information you hear.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because this place supplies you with the exact reaction you hope to elicit with your behaviour? Same reason you've almost entirely stopped posting in every other thread, because they don't. And not for a lack of trying.

Yeah, I'm also aware of the source, and it's a fantastic look at the before and after effects of trying to capitalize off the information you hear.
Because people genuinely hate me in other threads. I've provided tons of evidence for this. This thread and Discord are the only places I can post without people getting irate. I have to walk on eggshells in every other thread. Also, having you flat out admit you've known almost since the beginning that I had insider info and that original source is a shared friend and STILL encouraging people to treat me the way they do says a lot. You knew I wasn't lying, maybe as far back as 2018 and regularly insisted that I was. Why? I genuinely want to know, especially since you almost count as staff on this site and mods are recommending that I ignore you, a Grimer. See the problem here?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Call me crazy but from your posts today it seems an awful lot like you’re just here to stalk/snipe at Fatman and not discuss Geno at all. For the rest of our sakes could you just move this to dms? Because you just keep derailing the thread actually discussing its intended subject matter everytime.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
If that dood really is correct and Crash is 6, then I could really see Geno being the E3 reveal as he's one of the few mega hype characters left after that.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
The only thing I'm wondering about Season 2 is whether or not they're gonna have more fan favorite characters (Banjo, Ridley, K. Rool) or more promotional, relevant characters (Joker, Hero, Byleth).

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
View attachment 258678
These are the eyes of a man with nothing to fear, and nothing to lose.
I really identified with his reaction. I was honestly surprised with how irritated I was with the reveal. I sat with it for awhile though, and I'm mostly over it. I understand why it happened, as much as I think it was bad marketing to make Byleth #5.

I do think it is a little unfair to frame this as "Sakurai bias" toward FE. We really have no idea what happened there. Personally I think it's more likely that this was Nintendo's decision. I understand that it's hard to filter your live reaction however. It's really difficult when your emotions are going all over the place and everything is so raw.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I'm wondering about Season 2 is whether or not they're gonna have more fan favorite characters (Banjo, Ridley, K. Rool) or more promotional, relevant characters (Joker, Hero, Byleth).
I‘d say a mix of both like last time but maybe a bit more fan requested.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Little from A, little from B? Doomguy would technically be both (and a nice boon to Geno assuming Caco gets added as a costume).

Polarthief

Smash Lord
How about a double reveal at E3 between Crash and Geno?
Unless they're holding DLC 6 (and 7) for E3, I just don't see another double happening. 5 characters in a 14 month window doesn't give a lot of ample time considering Nintendo has 2 directs (Q1 or early Q2 and late Q3 or early Q4) and E3 in a year. With only 3 per year, it's the perfect amount to reveal 1 at each direct and E3.

If we don't get a reveal at the first direct of the year, then a double is way more likely.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think it’s going to come down to 2 (kind of 3) things:

1. What does Sakurai want? At the end of the day this is his show and it’s notable that it wasn’t said Nintendo gave him a list this time. Only that everything has been decided. I think Sakurai had even more freedom deciding FP2 than FP1.

2. What characters at the end date of decision making sold better/had the biggest reaction? Even though plenty of people bought the FP it goes without saying there were plenty of us that didn’t. And it’s also likely not every character was bought by every player. So I think they’ll look at who actually made the most money. Sure, Byleth sales will be coming in very late comparatively but I genuinely think there might be wiggle room with maybe the last 2 characters of FP2. Also they’ll look at online reactions, trailer views, etc. to individual characters and see who got a more positive reaction than who.

3. Who is most requested by fans? Sakurai obviously takes into account fan requests for roster selection to a decent degree or we’d have never gotten banjo, Ridley, or k. Rool. I think at minimum we’ll get at least one banjo tier fan demand character if not more considering how popular an addition Banjo was.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I too have joined the legion of many Geno hats.
Welcome to the army soldier.

Unless they're holding DLC 6 (and 7) for E3, I just don't see another double happening. 5 characters in a 14 month window doesn't give a lot of ample time considering Nintendo has 2 directs (Q1 or early Q2 and late Q3 or early Q4) and E3 in a year. With only 3 per year, it's the perfect amount to reveal 1 at each direct and E3.

If we don't get a reveal at the first direct of the year, then a double is way more likely.
Hmm, i see. while it is unlikely it would be an interesting combination don't you think?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Welp, that sucks for papagenos papagenos

Now because he had one video going off because he REALLY didn't want Byleth but was angrily greatful multiple times throughout the video, now he's being used as a poster boy for being the 'angry ungrateful video game nerd' stereotype and people think "he's cancerous" and "he is entitled".

You either die a hero...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom