• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
4fHs8mq.jpg

>Mfw it actually is doomguy
>mfw sabi and verge forever get btfo
>mfw doombros get in with their cacodemon costume basically confirming Geno is next

This directs gonna be good. I have a feeling sakurai is going to want to introduce the next dlc right after with a sneak peak into the next season. Let's hope doombros get in and pave the way for our inclusion.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
View attachment 257345

>Mfw it actually is doomguy
>mfw sabi and verge forever get btfo
>mfw doombros get in with their cacodemon costume basically confirming Geno is next

This directs gonna be good. I have a feeling sakurai is going to want to introduce the next dlc right after with a sneak peak into the next season. Let's hope doombros get in and pave the way for our inclusion.
Good lord, I hope this our timeline.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Might actually have something.

Firstly, I went back to the Terry and Banjo presentations and sure enough you can clearly see the colors of the posters behind him.

Can clearly see the blue on his shoulder, brown on his arm, red and yellow in his hair, ect, it matches where he is in relation to the poster in the video.

Image posting isn't working, but its even more obviois here, don't even need to zoom in to see the blue and red on him from the poster.

Now look at this.
https://imgur.com/8FjAS8A
Left Edge of his Hair, all DARK GREEN. ARMOR TINTS. (Smashboards this is literally the WORST time to break image posting PLEASE)

Is this the dumbest most crackpot theory ever? Maybe, but damn I'm a believer.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the true sequel to Box Theory.
In retrospect you can clearly see green in the outline of his hair when you look carefully

The only way it could go horribly wrong is if it’s master chief
You can never go wrong with the Chief. I would be happy with any character right now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's such an overreach, if you want to raise the 3 middle fingers most people would hold their pinky with their thumb. I do it unconsciously.
LOL you actually got a point. I just haven't made a 3 with my fingers in a long time

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I can see it now: "No no no, you guys never let me clarify myself geez. I said Doomguy wasn't gonna be DLC 5, I never deconfirmed Doomslayer for DLC 5 and that's actually what my source believed it was all along! You guys are just such a rabid fanbase even though you're the ones giving me 90% of my clout right now, this community is craaaazy :rolleyes:."

Heoj

Smash Ace
Holy **** that background color thing seems really damn strong right now! Doomguy would be hype, and that would pretty much confirm geno so hip hip hooray!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
In retrospect you can clearly see green in the outline of his hair when you look carefully

The only way it could go horribly wrong is if it’s master chief
I wouldn't worry. I don't think they'd include another Microsoft character so soon after Banjo, in the same pass no less.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Here is a tweet from a journalist, that are friends with Stealth and have similar contacts

"’ I’ve seen so many theories in the past hour about Sakurai holding up 3 fingers, like certain characters holding up 3 fingers, other devs holding up 3 fingers, game trilogies, chorus kids, logos, etc. But I guarantee it means absolutely nothing, just like the Waluigi chairs "

https://twitter.com/forestminish/status/1217166198120554497

Ladies and Gentlemen, the true sequel to Box Theory.

You can never go wrong with the Chief. I would be happy with any character right now.
While I agree with Chief not being a bad choice, this theory is the sequel to the chair theory than anything else

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Same to you. It would be a pretty neat discovery for you guys if we manage to find a pattern with the photo shopping of these images.
Found it in the hero one as well, lot more subtle though and had to find a comparison shot.
https://imgur.com/a/y7Pc30U
help.png

https://imgur.com/a/u2jI2Wm
1579032614282.png

Image Compression might mess with it but you can clearly see brown on the corner of his shoulder right where Erdricks shirt belt is, and a tinge of blue further down his arm. Also Yellow tint at the top of his hair where Eight's Yellow poster is but I'm less confident on that, might just be a lighting thing.

God this is is the dumbest theory ever, but I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Hey wait a second

How about we go for 4 for 4

Check if joker presentation and hero presentation colors match.

(Red black white for joker)

(Light purple and whatever colors for hero and skins)
Joker wasn't a Sakurai presentation, so we won't find anything there.
In Hero's presentation, I can see something on his shoulder that looks like Erdrick's clothes (it lines up perfectly), but I couldn't find anything else.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Joker wasn't a Sakurai presentation, so we won't find anything there.
I can see something on his shoulder that looks like Erdrick's clothes, but I couldn't find anything else.
See

Found it in the hero one as well, lot more subtle though and had to find a comparison shot.
View attachment 257350
View attachment 257352

Image Compression might mess with it but you can clearly see brown on the corner of his shoulder right where Erdricks shirt belt is, and a tinge of blue further down his arm. Also Yellow tint at the top of his hair where Eight's Yellow poster is but I'm less confident on that, might just be a lighting thing.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 257350
View attachment 257352

bruh he's not even wearing the same shirt.

link2702

Smash Champion
Are....are y’all really analyzing the color of the edge of sakurai’s clothing in comparison to the posters...?

Please for all that’s good in this world the direct needs to hurry up, our community really is losing its damn mind. This is worse than grasping at straws, this is grasping at the thread of clothing....

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
When the Geno thread understands the true meaning of Sakurai's three fingers, while the rest of the internet is bumbling about
IMG_20200109_115849.jpg

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If Doom Guy, it would line up with CacoMallow timeframe. BUT! If it is Doomguy and they show set 5 of the Mii costumes, why would SMRPG costumes be with Doom's showcase if Geno was possibly playable, as it makes sense to reveal those costumes along with Geno's announcement? That would either assume that Geno will also be revealed with him.......or he's coming back as a costume.

If CacoMallow is confirmed Thursday and Geno's costume isn't back, that flat out confirms that Geno is playable. But this pretty much spoils the surprise, so why bother doing it that way? The chances of them dropping his costume completely without promoting him but offering Mallow's costume instead are insanely low. The only way to confirm CacoMallow Thursday without spoiling any other future announcements is to have a Geno promotion.....or a Geno costume. Having the costume and having a Geno reveal later on is possible, but very low.

That character5 Mii costume segment: that's the do or die moment. That's the endgame.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
horribly wrong is if it’s master chief
master chief
horribly wrong
I know that it's because Doomguy would bring Cacomallow into, essentially, 100% certainty and Geno becomes likelier because of it, but come on, if Chief comes in it's Master Chief in Smash. I'd prefer Doomguy for both himself and by extension Geno, but Halo in Smash is by no means a poor outcome.

D

Deleted member

Its happening. It’s actually happening
Might actually have something.

Firstly, I went back to the Terry and Banjo presentations and sure enough you can clearly see the colors of the posters behind him.

Can clearly see the blue on his shoulder, brown on his arm, red and yellow in his hair, ect, it matches where he is in relation to the poster in the video.

Image posting isn't working, but its even more obviois here, don't even need to zoom in to see the blue and red on him from the poster.

Now look at this.
https://imgur.com/8FjAS8A
Left Edge of his Hair, all DARK GREEN. ARMOR TINTS. (Smashboards this is literally the WORST time to break image posting PLEASE)

Is this the dumbest most crackpot theory ever? Maybe, but damn I'm a believer.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Are....are y’all really analyzing the color of the edge of sakurai’s clothing in comparison to the posters...?

Please for all that’s good in this world the direct needs to hurry up, our community really is losing its damn mind. This is worse than grasping at straws, this is grasping at the thread of clothing....
IT'S ALL NINTENDO'S FAULT FOR KEEPING US WAITING FOR 4 MONTHS~
Also I'm putting my bet on Dragonborn based on the silverish green and brown colors. I'd prefer Doom though.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm lost. Why are people comparing the new picture of Sakurai to the previous presentations? Do people think the colors might just match (like the shadows are the same)?

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Absolutely insane theorycrafting is still 20 times more fun than just sitting around and complaining about "leakers"

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm lost. Why are people comparing the new picture of Sakurai to the previous presentations? Do people think the colors might just match (like the shadows are the same)?
Because the crop job on Sakurai in the latest image was a bit sloppy and a bit of the background was left over, and we've noticed that in the presentation thumbnails for the fighters thus far, the crop jobs on Sakurai have left over color pixels from where he sits in front of the poster. (As they're cut directly from the presentation)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If after all this time it's god dam Freddy Fazbear I'm going to laught my *** off then go to bed, disappointed.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If Doom Guy, it would line up with CacoMallow timeframe. BUT! If it is Doomguy and they show set 5 of the Mii costumes, why would SMRPG costumes be with Doom's showcase if Geno was possibly playable, as it makes sense to reveal those costumes along with Geno's announcement? That would either assume that Geno will also be revealed with him.......or he's coming back as a costume.

If CacoMallow is confirmed Thursday and Geno's costume isn't back, that flat out confirms that Geno is playable. But this pretty much spoils the surprise, so why bother doing it that way? The chances of them dropping his costume completely without promoting him but offering Mallow's costume instead are insanely low. The only way to confirm CacoMallow Thursday without spoiling any other future announcements is to have a Geno promotion.....or a Geno costume. Having the costume and having a Geno reveal later on is possible, but very low.

That character5 Mii costume segment: that's the do or die moment. That's the endgame.
Not really? We've discussed before that they could easily make costumes in bundles at the same time. There was never a rule that said Mallow HAD to come with DS. Not only that but it's only be spoilers to people who frequent Smash leaks. It's not spoilers for the vast majority of casuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom