• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
1556900564485.png
I had a shirt made with this and wore it to a smash fest right after Infinity War came out. If anyone wants to make an Endgame version of it with Geno included, you may or may not be able to make a pretty penny....

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Man, I love doing research, as you learn little things you would never have known before, like how Dragon Quest may have never existed without the United States' influence.

Getting close with this post, guys!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Man, I love doing research, as you learn little things you would never have known before, like how Dragon Quest may have never existed without the United States' influence.

Getting close with this post, guys!
What? Huh-what?

Okay, now I'm definitely intrigued to see what this post is going to look like.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What? Huh-what?

Okay, now I'm definitely intrigued to see what this post is going to look like.
Two reasons that I can think of:

1) Dragon Quest was inspired by US-made PC games like Ultima and Wizardry (or at least it might have been; I can't find a more concrete source like an interview)

2) Dragon Quest 1 (known at the time as Dragon Warrior) was given out for free to Nintendo Power subscribers

I'd guess it's the first one, though I'm not sure - it could be something else entirely.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Two reasons that I can think of:

1) Dragon Quest was inspired by US-made PC games like Ultima and Wizardry (or at least it might have been; I can't find a more concrete source like an interview)

2) Dragon Quest 1 (known at the time as Dragon Warrior) was given out for free to Nintendo Power subscribers

I'd guess it's the first one, though I'm not sure - it could be something else entirely.
Wait. So that'd mean that Dragon Quest would be inspired by American games, and then Dragon Quest inspired Mother 1, a DQ styled game that takes place in America.

Wrap your mind around that.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Made a Geno classic ladder.

Geno - Search for the Seven Stars

CPU allies rotate in between Mario, Kirby (representing Mallow) Bowser and Peach with two at a time since that was the party limit in SMRPG.

Stage 1 - Meta Knight in his red alt w/ Mario and Kirby

- Mack the Knife and Meta Knight are associated with swords, wear capes, and have round bodies.

- Stage is Princess Peach's castle, where Mack first attacked and claimed the star.

Stage 2 - Link in his classic green tunic w/ Mario and Kirby

- Bowyer and Link are both archers. This Link would largely attack with his Bow move.

- Stage is Distant Planet to represent the Forest Maze where Bowyer was fought.

Stage 3 - Young and Toon Link in their purple alts w/ Mario and Kirby

- Attacks with bombs like Punchinello. Attacks the same as above, only this time the Links will attack primarily with bombs, and bomb items would frequently spawn.

- Stage is Brinstar to represent the mine where fought Punchinello.

Stage 4 - Wario in his red alt w/ Mario and Bowser

- Wario stands in for Booster in this case, doy.

- Stage will be Temple or Palutena's Temple to represent the wedding hall of Marrymore.

Stage 5 - Four Corrins w/ Mario and Bowser

- Corrin stands for Yaridovich since they're the closest to spear users in the cast, have water attacks, and there's four of them to stand in for Yaridovich's clones.

- Stage will be Delfino Plaza to represent the cliffside overlooking the ocean where Yaridovich was fought.

Stage 6 - Five Captain Falcons in his red, pink, gold, black and green alts w/ Mario and Peach

- Captain Falcon stands in for the Axem Rangers being the closest to a Sentai hero in the cast, which the Axem Rangers were parodying.

- Stage will be Brinstar Depths to represent the volcano where the Axem Rangers were fought, plus Kraid can be a stand-in for the Czar Dragon.

Stage 7 - Giant Cloud w/ Mario and Peach

- Cloud stands in for Exor with his giant sword.

- Stage is Castle Siege to represent Bowser's Castle taken over by Exor.

Final Boss - Master and Crazy Hands w/ Mario and Peach

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wonder what the "other thing" Sakurai talked about in his tweet is. A new game mode? Items, patches? Mii costumes?
According to PushDustin's tweet in that article, the message was sent out on Smash's release date. For all we know, it could be referring to the Stage Builder mode.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
According to PushDustin's tweet in that article, the message was sent out on Smash's release date. For all we know, it could be referring to the Stage Builder mode.
Whoops, my bad. I thought it was a new tweet he put out in anticipation of E3. I should've looked more closely at it.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 215390 I had a shirt made with this and wore it to a smash fest right after Infinity War came out. If anyone wants to make an Endgame version of it with Geno included, you may or may not be able to make a pretty penny....
I'd so buy that lol.

And, man, Endgame was soooo good. But I'm sad this part of Marvel is finished.

Geno - Search for the Seven Stars

CPU allies rotate in between Mario, Kirby (representing Mallow) Bowser and Peach with two at a time since that was the party limit in SMRPG.

Stage 1 - Meta Knight in his red alt w/ Mario and Kirby

- Mack the Knife and Meta Knight are associated with swords, wear capes, and have round bodies.

- Stage is Princess Peach's castle, where Mack first attacked and claimed the star.

Stage 2 - Link in his classic green tunic w/ Mario and Kirby

- Bowyer and Link are both archers. This Link would largely attack with his Bow move.

- Stage is Distant Planet to represent the Forest Maze where Bowyer was fought.

Stage 3 - Young and Toon Link in their purple alts w/ Mario and Kirby

- Attacks with bombs like Punchinello. Attacks the same as above, only this time the Links will attack primarily with bombs, and bomb items would frequently spawn.

- Stage is Brinstar to represent the mine where fought Punchinello.

Stage 4 - Wario in his red alt w/ Mario and Bowser

- Wario stands in for Booster in this case, doy.

- Stage will be Temple or Palutena's Temple to represent the wedding hall of Marrymore.

Stage 5 - Four Corrins w/ Mario and Bowser

- Corrin stands for Yaridovich since they're the closest to spear users in the cast, have water attacks, and there's four of them to stand in for Yaridovich's clones.

- Stage will be Delfino Plaza to represent the cliffside overlooking the ocean where Yaridovich was fought.

Stage 6 - Five Captain Falcons in his red, pink, gold, black and green alts w/ Mario and Peach

- Captain Falcon stands in for the Axem Rangers being the closest to a Sentai hero in the cast, which the Axem Rangers were parodying.

- Stage will be Brinstar Depths to represent the volcano where the Axem Rangers were fought, plus Kraid can be a stand-in for the Czar Dragon.

Stage 7 - Giant Cloud w/ Mario and Peach

- Cloud stands in for Exor with his giant sword.

- Stage is Castle Siege to represent Bowser's Castle taken over by Exor.

Love this classic mode idea. Though I think Ike would be a more matching fit for Exor, since sometimes, like in during Aether, he throws his sword in the air, and he stabs the ground in one of his throws and one of his taunts. That's just me though.

D

Deleted member

And, man, Endgame was soooo good. But I'm sad this part of Marvel is finished.
Right? Endgame was so amazing! And also just as an offer if you'd like to talk about it with someone my PM's are open cause I'd love to talk about it with someone.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys I haven't been here for quite awhile, so I recently got into submitting Fan Art in the smash community and I wanted to share this with you guys with how our speculation for the supposedly square rep is going. I am still rooting for hard for Geno as always and if either of these guys make in, I will be cool with it. Let's just be good sports of course if we get a different outcome.
good luck auditions.jpg

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Also, based on everything I've heard, I think Brave (if it winds up being the "big" character reserved for E3) is going to blindside people in a number of ways. There's a rumblings that this E3 is going to be nuts and Nintendo's plans for "Brave", if the rumors and hints are true, will probably leave everyone cross-eyed and in a cold sweat from excitement. I'm skeptical because some of it rings as too good to be true but it's the kind of grandstanding that Nintendo's been doing a lot of as of late. That said, "Brave" would have a lot attached to it to the point of questionably being overkill if the rumors are true and the character announcement would actually get overshadowed by what was announced with it, even for Smash fans.
So it may be a character from a brand new IP that no one knows about yet?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey guys I haven't been here for quite awhile, so I recently got into submitting Fan Art in the smash community and I wanted to share this with you guys with how our speculation for the supposedly square rep is going. I am still rooting for hard for Geno as always and if either of these guys make in, I will be cool with it. Let's just be good sports of course if we get a different outcome.View attachment 215691
While neither Sora nor Erdrick are characters I have a connection to, whoever gets in will please somebody, so it's all good. Besides, if Geno isn't this Square rep, my hopes still won't die. You never know what could happen if we get any other DLC, individual or not!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So it may be a character from a brand new IP that no one knows about yet?
Could be anyone really. 3rd Party, 1st Party, Sakurai himself, could be anyone.

While neither Sora nor Erdrick are characters I have a connection to, whoever gets in will please somebody, so it's all good. Besides, if Geno isn't this Square rep, my hopes still won't die. You never know what could happen if we get any other DLC, individual or not!
This is why I haven't given up on my boys (as well as Geno) yet either. There's always a chance even if the majority thinks otherwise.

D

Deleted member

When Sakurai comes to his last days of making Smash, he's gotta do something the fans have been wanting to see for a long time.

Add himself as the final Super Smash Bros newcomer ever.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Could be anyone really. 3rd Party, 1st Party, Sakurai himself, could be anyone.
The next joke character we get is going to be Sandbag.

I am calling it now, and if it doesn't happen, I will write an entire manifesto about geese and why they have teeth (and why they really shouldn't have them).

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I think the final boss should be Galleom because he looks like a weapon from the Smithy Gang, and I think it should be a one-on-one, so no allies to help you with this fight. Other than that, I love the ladder you made. :)

I wish all the Brawl bosses were in Smash Ultimate. Duon, Galleom, and Rayquaza had to be my favorite Brawl bosses.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So...any movies you guys want to see this month that aren't Avengers Endgame?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Detective Pikachu. Godzilla would be next month for me, as there is no way I will watch it opening night, which is on the 31st.

D

Deleted member

There aren't any movies I'm looking forward to that release this month, but, for the year, the ones I'm looking forward to are Hobbs and Shaw, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and maybe 21 Bridges.

Oh and I haven't seen Us yet but I will eventually.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Detective Pikachu, John Wick 3, and maybe the new Godzilla depending on how reviews are. (I've never watched a full Godzilla movie)

Detective Pikachu looks like it will be weird but fun, and I really enjoyed John Wick 1 and 2, so I'm interested to see how John Wick's extremely long murder-filled week concludes.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Brightburn, so much Brightburn. I love the whole premise of Superman Meets The Omen. I freaking love horror movies so I've been hype for a while. Outside of that, Det. Pikachu and Godzilla

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Certainly Detective Pikachu and John Wick 3. I desperately need John Wick 3 and Detective Pikachu actually looks really good. Brightburn also caught my eye.

I'm a big Godzilla fan and I also loved Skull Island but I don't know if I'll watch King of the Monsters. None of my friends care about Godzilla and it's certainly a crowded time for moviegoing.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Godzilla KoTM. I watched the Godzilla 2014 movie and now need all of that **** in my life. All of it. Every last ounce of it.

John Wick 3 and Brightburn look good too.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm looking forward to Godzilla King of the Monsters the most, Detective Pikachu a close second. Haven't seen the first two John Wick movies yet

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm looking forward to Godzilla King of the Monsters the most, Detective Pikachu a close second. Haven't seen the first two John Wick movies yet
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the John Wick movies are among the best action movies of all time, especially the second one.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Anguirus needs more love/appearances dammit!
He’s such a cutie. It’s a shame they don’t use him more often, especially with him being the first ever monster Godzilla fought and all.

Though I guess in the Gamera world, Barugon isn’t as loved as Gyaos... But still. He deserves more attention.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the John Wick movies are among the best action movies of all time, especially the second one.
It’s also got Keanu Reeves. :smirk:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom