• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Aw man we hit 1500!
Not too shabby for an old forgotten puppet!

I am so proud of this community.
:)

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
As somebody who's most wanted character was Goomba and being extremely excited to get Plant in smash, I am an active Geno advocate now. I've never played but 5 minutes of an online emulator of Super Mario RPG but i super respect the dedication Geno fans have for the character, and I want to see him in for the satisfaction of being one of the last Big Boy requested characters to get in.

(Also happy 1500 pages!)

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I don't see how anyone got shafted except for Isaac. Geno's in the same place Lucas was in Smash 4, Rex and ARMS probably didn't have a viable moveset to begin with... I mean, look at Spring Man's assist trophy and tell me that a playable version wouldn't just be Richter with a tube of toothpaste squeezed onto his head.

Also seriously, if Ryu is fighter 5 then this is definitely not Sakurai's pass.
First of all, you're completely wrong when it comes to Rex & Pyra and ARMS not having viable moveset. I can go extremely in-depth with Rex and how nearly every move can work with with and what his gimmick would be. For ARMS they have a variety of arms they can use that would make someone like Springman more unique than Richter (sure Springman looks a little basic, especially when compare to the rest of the ARMS fighters that would provide great moveset like Min Min, Twintelle, Max Brass, ect; however, you since there's multiple ARMS and any ARMS can be used by any character you can give Springman a variety of attacks while staying true to the source material. Or you even just stick to Springman first three default ARMS which where he uses Toaster, Boomerang, and Tribolt.)

As for characters that got shafted besides being Isaac you have:
Waluigi
Krystal
Bomberman
Shadow
Ashley
Takamaru
Skull Kid
Shovel Knight
Chibi Robo
Dixie Kong
Saki

EDIT: Sakurai has focus a lot on retro reps coming from NES era and getting as much series into Smash Bros, so Ninja Gaiden inclusion would round out more of the major classic NES series. So yeah, with Ryu it's still Sakurai's pass since it's fulfilling a lot of his desires.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I don't mind leaks personally. After getting burned by the Rayman debacle, I've learned that I only have myself to blame if I let myself become too excited for something that hasn't been officially revealed. I will doubt everything no matter the proof right up until it is actually revealed I even did that for the SNK leak leaked by Nintendo themselves. But I don't mind entertaining leaks and adding to speculation. It's kind of nice when these leaks come out if only to have a new name to throw around. Fortnite is not for me and I know virtually nothing about it so I can't speak to moveset potential, but it does seem like a quirky game and I want more quirky characters in smash so I'm not sure if I'd be opposed to Jonesy or not but certainly not a character I would prefer.

On another note, if we did do a fundraiser kind of thing do we even know how much money we would have to raise? I mean I ain't got much to offer, but I would actually make a little wiggle room in my otherwise tight budget for something like that.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I don't even believe in leaks 99% of the time, so leaks don't bother me, for the most part. It's kinda funny how some of the toxic parts of the community reacts to leaks like those, though, and it's hilarious watching people so up in arms about the roster of a party fighting game tear each other apart.

Some of us are just here to watch the world burn.

(This doesn't apply to genuine fans, mind. It's just, you know... Those People. It is just funny to watch Those People.)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not gonna like this

Brew which is Iamshifty’s source he’s more confident in Ryu Hayabusa than are man geno

But doesn’t mean we won’t get both geno in another pack

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Welp, since "leaking" is the "in" thing to do, let me give it a try:

I know with 100% clairvoyant certainty that fighter #5 will be Geno. As for the next five DLC characters, they will each be the characters you hate the most. Sakurai has used Japanese Vudu to glance into all 1 million+ of your minds and see your deepest, darkest fears for who will get in, then he created over 100 possible characters and modified the download protocols to ensure that each Smash Bros player gets their least desired picks. Why? Because he secretly feeds on the misery of the smash fanbase to achieve immortality. How could I possibly know this, you ask? Simple. I correctly predicted the ENTIRE smash ultimate roster including DLC...and also the names of Miyamoto's grandchildren. Proof? lol You want PROOF?! Bucket of chicken. My logic is undeniable. Now please re-post and re-tweet this completely accurate leak to every site and social media outlet you can find. We must feed the Sakurai. FEED HIM, I SAY!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Best post from the leak debacle.
Might want to remove that image and edit it so the f-word is censored. You can post it after that, but posting images with words that are censored on this forum is considered censor dodging.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna like this

Brew which is Iamshifty’s source he’s more confident in Ryu Hayabusa than are man geno

But doesn’t mean we won’t get both geno in another pack
And now these two were in cahoots?

Oh yeah, it's all coming together.

I hope these clowns don't think they're making the next Grinch Leak happen with this low effort nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I can't say I see what would be disappointing about Ryu in correlation to Geno. If anything, considering this dude and one other dude (according to Papa) claimed they heard Geno for wave 2 (one being more certain, the other thinking it might have been a joke), Ryu might even put Geno in an even nicer spot. Granted, I believe Ryu is in and I don't know if I'm up to believing either Brew or the other unnamed source, so... eh.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Anything good for geno is good by me, so if he and geno are shaping up to be a packaged deal I won't complain, I just hope we get the nes design, even if its just a skin for the modern ng black one.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If Ryu gets in and it guarantees Geno, I will gladly accept that. I'm interested in how Ryu could play, since we don't have a traditional ninja in Smash. We have a toad clan sage and a sheikah but I'm interested in a classic ninja warrior.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm willing to bet both the classic and modern Ryu Hayabusa designs will be incorporated into his alts.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
If Ryu gets in and it guarantees Geno, I will gladly accept that. I'm interested in how Ryu could play, since we don't have a traditional ninja in Smash. We have a toad clan sage and a sheikah but I'm interested in a classic ninja warrior.
Well I've only played the nes games but even with just those he would have access to a boomerang shuriken, a shield like mega man, could make phantasmal copies that mimic his movements, and there was some projectile weapon in 3 I forgot. I'd imagine his moment would be very similar to the other 2 ninjas but with a katana for disjoints

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Well I've only played the nes games but even with just those he would have access to a boomerang shuriken, a shield like mega man, could make phantasmal copies that mimic his movements, and there was some projectile weapon in 3 I forgot. I'd imagine his moment would be very similar to the other 2 ninjas but with a katana for disjoints
Doesn't he have magic (or something like it) too? I distinctly remember playing Ninja Gaiden (NES) and seeing a fire attack.

Firox

Smash Master
If they DID end up putting in Ryu H, I think it would be freaking off the hook if they gave him some kind of after-image mechanic similar to Double Team in the pokemon anime. They could make his side B have an intangible clone appear off to one side which mimics his movements and throws off the opponents timing and spacing. You could tilt the stick forward or behind the direction you're facing when pressing B to mix up which side the clone appears so that the opponent can't read it so easily. Maybe they could even give it a sort of shadow sneak quality where sometimes the "clone" is actually you and the original you is the clone to really play some mind games.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Doesn't he have magic (or something like it) too? I distinctly remember playing Ninja Gaiden (NES) and seeing a fire attack.
I don't remember if its magic but yeah that's the shield. It has a projectile mode you can throw so I think sakurai would just combine them by copying over leaf shield

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I don't remember if its magic but yeah that's the shield. It has a projectile mode you can throw so I think sakurai would just combine them by copying over leaf shield
Yes, Ryu possesses "Ninja Magic", otherwise known as Ninpo. The one being referred to is Art of the Fire Wheels.

In the NES Trilogy it looked like:

in the newer Ninja Gaidens it looks like:

Ryu H has a very diverse and incredible moveset, honestly.

Last edited:

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to bet both the classic and modern Ryu Hayabusa designs will be incorporated into his alts.
BUT HEY

WHAT "STARLING" MEANS?

RYU?
yeah I’m not believing that starling image. Imagine Geno does come out as a fighter as an additional dlc and the guy who leaked the image takes the credit... uhm no... that starling bird image was a waste of our time.... on the other hand, it revived more talk about Geno here in this discussion board.

D

Deleted member

It's just the angle. Were he directly overhead those would just be regular crosses
That's from the official image of the map, which I thought was a non-angled top down view.

Even if we slide into the worst timeline I can't believe fortnite is in the pass because it didn't even exist untill july 2017. And if it's out of it I'm just gonna pretend it doesn't exist. Good thing I don't play online.
Fortnite was first announced as a Left 4 Dead style team vs zombies game in 2011, so...

EDIT: dang, I was almost post 60,000. Make it count, next poster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
I have a seriously hard time believing that Fortnite could ever find its way into Smash. I feel like inkling does a good job of representing zanny shooters and if we're going to get another "person with a gun" character, it sure as hell better be something epic like Doomslayer or Master Chief. I honestly think that Overwatch has a better chance of getting in over Fortnite simply because the characters have unique abilities that would fit better in a fighting/action game.

D

Deleted member

I have a seriously hard time believing that Fortnite could ever find its way into Smash. I feel like inkling does a good job of representing zanny shooters and if we're going to get another "person with a gun" character, it sure as hell better be something epic like Doomslayer or Master Chief. I honestly think that Overwatch has a better chance of getting in over Fortnite simply because the characters have unique abilities that would fit better in a fighting/action game.
to be fair, Fortnite is something Epic™ .

... I'll see myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom