• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm gonna ask you guys this...

If a Square Enix rep were to be placed in the game. Would that send your hopes for Geno up or down?
You mean like a rep ASIDE from Geno? Frankly, I think that would probably reduce his odds to pretty much zero, but that's mostly because no other company has provided more than one rep so far. If that changes, then...well, we'll see. Thing is, aside from a generic Final Fantasy job class/mascot creature character or (I could only hope) Crono, I'm not sure who SE thinks would best fit the bill. A slime from Dragon Quest?

I'd still want/request Geno as much as I do now, but my expectations would be nonexistent for this gen.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm gonna ask you guys this...

If a Square Enix rep were to be placed in the game. Would that send your hopes for Geno up or down?
I think it would increase his chances, since he won't represent Square Enix. It would mean that Nintendo and Square Enix were able to negotiate which could mean Nintendo getting the rights to use Geno and Mallow. Just wishful thinking, though.

domriver

Smash Lord
Guys, You guys recall Nintendo said a Mario & Luigi Super Saga RPG will come out soon on the virtual console wii u? They said that in Nintendo Direct this month. Isnt GENO cameo there? Geno soon confirmed? *-*

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There's a big stretch between game with character cameo and character announcement, I wouldn't set that bar too high.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
Guys, You guys recall Nintendo said a Mario & Luigi Super Saga RPG will come out soon on the virtual console wii u? They said that in Nintendo Direct this month. Isnt GENO cameo there? Geno soon confirmed? *-*
It's not that
I mean it might start up miiverse rage again and just look how that went we do indeed have EB on the VC (the farfetch'd jokes will never die with me around! >:D)

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Well they revealed Rosalina and mentioned to look at Super Mario World 3D. At first I didn't understand because I never saw Rosalina as a character till wayyyyyyyyyyy in the game. I don't know. Im hoping very much for Geno's appearance in this game. He was one of the top requested in Pre-Brawl polls. :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Gotta say, it's probably the most (only?) likely place to have him revealed, so...fingers crossed I guess? Not gonna get my hopes up too high on expectations though...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean like a rep ASIDE from Geno? Frankly, I think that would probably reduce his odds to pretty much zero, but that's mostly because no other company has provided more than one rep so far. If that changes, then...well, we'll see. Thing is, aside from a generic Final Fantasy job class/mascot creature character or (I could only hope) Crono, I'm not sure who SE thinks would best fit the bill. A slime from Dragon Quest?

I'd still want/request Geno as much as I do now, but my expectations would be nonexistent for this gen.
Pretty much.

I can want who I want, but it seems Geno's heyday was Brawl

---

I wish the Geno community here was more active. Perhaps after this quarter I'll make a Geno animation to invoke creativity here

The reason I have a Geno fan art section up front

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Pretty much.

I can want who I want, but it seems Geno's heyday was Brawl

---

I wish the Geno community here was more active. Perhaps after this quarter I'll make a Geno animation to invoke creativity here

The reason I have a Geno fan art section up front
I made a geno animation once :awesome:

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Look, the odds of Geno bein in this game shouldn't be to bad. Nintendo mentioned that it will re - release Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga. Geno makes a cameo in that game. At the very least they spoken to Square Enix about it since Geno's rights belongs to them. need to get the approval and what not. Who knows when this was done. Also Geno was in the top 5 most requested in Pre-Brawl. Sakurai can't ignore that im sure he has checked that list before developing Smash 4. As far as trouble with Square to get some sort of agreement to use Geno maybe Sakurai took care of that from the beginning since he has SEGA's approval for Sonic and MegaMan wasn't that difficult to obtain. Snake was a friend request character not sure if he will allow Snake to come back but Sakurai had plenty of time to draw up the necessary papers etc... to get permission to use Geno. IF again Square Enix wasnt bein jerks to him about it. Im just hopeful really about Geno. He was in the top 5 and all of them except Ridley and Geno were playable in Brawl. I don't see why not to finish off the list. Ridley and Geno. :) Diddy, King Dedede and Captain Olimar are back again. I hope i hope Sakurai really was able to put them both in without any trouble. hummmmm.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
It's a shame Geno doesn't have the same level of support he had last time.
He remains my number 1 most wanted newcomer.

Hopefully that massive movement for him in to be into Brawl was just too late and Sakurai instead considered him for SSB4.
At least as an assist trophy or something would be cool (although unsatisfying).

Would die if I woke up to this on the Smash page one morning.

domriver

Smash Lord
It's a shame Geno doesn't have the same level of support he had last time.
He remains my number 1 most wanted newcomer.

Hopefully that massive movement for him in to be into Brawl was just too late and Sakurai instead considered him for SSB4.
At least as an assist trophy or something would be cool (although unsatisfying).

Would die if I woke up to this on the Smash page one morning.
---
A sight to behold jejejej

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
You did it
you decoded the secret

Staarih

Smash Master
Ohh no no, if they were ever to get Geno's rights to appear in Smash Bros he'd better be a playable character!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ohh no no, if they were ever to get Geno's rights to appear in Smash Bros he'd better be a playable character!
what if they bought the rights to the SMRPG characters for the next Mario & Luigi, and therefore could use the characters in other games. Would make more sense than them buying the rights just for just one game.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
what if they bought the rights to the SMRPG characters for the next Mario & Luigi, and therefore could use the characters in other games. Would make more sense than them buying the rights just for one game.
Definitely, I'd rather them get the rights once and for all so they can utilize them how they please in the future. I feel like Geno (and SMRPG) has so much potential to expand into something bigger. But apparently it's trickier than we think, or just not a priority.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
what if they bought the rights to the SMRPG characters for the next Mario & Luigi, and therefore could use the characters in other games. Would make more sense than them buying the rights just for just one game.
You mean like a Partner's in Time sized Party except X controls Mallow and Y controls Geno? YES!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
For those questioning why Geno doesn't have as much support this time around, it's basically just because everyone who supported the hell out of him and wanted him in brawl so badly (myself included) got let down so much by his non-inclusion that we still haven't recovered.

That being said, I'd like to say I still will always have a small amount of hope for Geno. He was indeed one of the top 5 most requested characters for brawl, and it is shown time and time again that it is common for previously high requested characters from the last smash game make it into the next installment. Character support from the previous game is one of the few things they have to go off of while starting development for the next game.

There's also that music file "Beware of the Forest Mushrooms" mp3 file that was on the brawl disc, which is pretty widely accepted as the Forest Maze song.

As shown with Geno having that cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, it probably isn't too difficult for Nintendo to obtain his rights, because they wouldn't have bent over backwards to obtain his rights just to use him in a meaningless mini-game. It's all about if Sakurai wants him in the game or not. If he wants him, he'll be in.

It's just best to not get your hopes anywhere near high for these kinds of things, so I'm staying lax with my support for characters from now on. Though if Geno was ever confirmed I'd probably streak through my neighborhood and get arrested.

Staarih

Smash Master
Here's hoping that the Brawl poll has at least some sort of impact in Smash 4! But I feel that even if Geno got in the game, he wouldn't be revealed beforehand, and would rather be a very secret bonus-character of sorts, perhaps one of the lasts to unlock.

domriver

Smash Lord
Warning Received
For those questioning why Geno doesn't have as much support this time around, it's basically just because everyone who supported the hell out of him and wanted him in brawl so badly (myself included) got let down so much by his non-inclusion that we still haven't recovered.

That being said, I'd like to say I still will always have a small amount of hope for Geno. He was indeed one of the top 5 most requested characters for brawl, and it is shown time and time again that it is common for previously high requested characters from the last smash game make it into the next installment. Character support from the previous game is one of the few things they have to go off of while starting development for the next game.

There's also that music file "Beware of the Forest Mushrooms" mp3 file that was on the brawl disc, which is pretty widely accepted as the Forest Maze song.

As shown with Geno having that cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, it probably isn't too difficult for Nintendo to obtain his rights, because they wouldn't have bent over backwards to obtain his rights just to use him in a meaningless mini-game. It's all about if Sakurai wants him in the game or not. If he wants him, he'll be in.

It's just best to not get your hopes anywhere near high for these kinds of things, so I'm staying lax with my support for characters from now on. Though if Geno was ever confirmed I'd probably streak through my neighborhood and get arrested.
xD jajajaja jejejej

what would an ideal stage be for Geno? Bower's Keep with that sword in the middle or the "Factory " Stage?

Last edited by a moderator:

Staarih

Smash Master
what would an ideal stage be for Geno? Bower's Keep with that sword in the middle or the "Factory " Stage?
Those would represent SMRPG pretty well I guess, but for Geno himself it could possibly be Star Road or some other "starry" thing. I personally always connect him to Forest Maze, especially with the music and all, and could imagine a stage based around that. Maybe sort of like a Spear Pillar -sort of thing with two layers: the top of the ground and underground, with a large, hollow tree trunk in the middle through which the characters could drop down/climb up to switch places. Sort of a throwback to Forest Maze as well. I'd rather it be pretty simple, with basically just a forest backdrop, maybe a few woody platforms here and there and some roots visible in the underground area. Not sure if any stage hazards would be necessary, but I guess flying arrows or random enemies popping up could do.

domriver

Smash Lord
Those would represent SMRPG pretty well I guess, but for Geno himself it could possibly be Star Road or some other "starry" thing. I personally always connect him to Forest Maze, especially with the music and all, and could imagine a stage based around that. Maybe sort of like a Spear Pillar -sort of thing with two layers: the top of the ground and underground, with a large, hollow tree trunk in the middle through which the characters could drop down/climb up to switch places. Sort of a throwback to Forest Maze as well. I'd rather it be pretty simple, with basically just a forest backdrop, maybe a few woody platforms here and there and some roots visible in the underground area. Not sure if any stage hazards would be necessary, but I guess flying arrows or random enemies popping up could do.
---

That would work I can see that happening. I think a stage with the sword or yes Star Road. would be very ideal. Have Smithy pop out every now and then Queen Valentina Axem Rangers. would be very sweet! :D

Steelia

Smash Champion
A Miiverse update with Geno as an AT would be a loving miracle. <3
Would gladly take this, after his complete no-show in SSBB. What a disappointment that was. If he makes it into SSB4 as a trophy-anything, then it's totally possible to revive the hype train for his inclusion in any future SSB installment.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I wish Geno would make it in. I remember reading over the Brawl Support Thread, getting excited as one of my favorite characters may join the roster. If Square added him into the game, then I'd be extremely happy. He just doesn't seem as likely this time around as he was back then.

domriver

Smash Lord
I wish Geno would make it in. I remember reading over the Brawl Support Thread, getting excited as one of my favorite characters may join the roster. If Square added him into the game, then I'd be extremely happy. He just doesn't seem as likely this time around as he was back then.
----
You think he would have a voice? If so, what kind of voice? :?:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Y'know, I've got a good feeling about Geno this time. His high demand for Brawl may actually get him in, and if he does, I'll be the happiest teen on the planet. I mean, yeah, I want K. Rool, Ridley, Waddle Dee and such, but Geno's kind of on his own league. Nostalgia, badassery, mystery and genius writing all in one, Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games, and Geno's entrance would beat Mega Man, and I'm a die-hard Mega Man fan.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
----
You think he would have a voice? If so, what kind of voice? :?:
I'm not sure. I think that he would, but as someone else stated earlier, just with sounds of damage like Link. Though, I hope that when he takes damage or gives damage, then it sounds "wooden."

Top Bottom