• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I would love if SMRPG got a remake, with new graphics and updated sound effects, and a remastered soundtrack. I like the sound of more content too.

Oh, and Toad in his early years was tough, and now he's a wuss. Similar thing happened to Luigi, but at least he's starting to draw away from his cowardly self. Not to mention he seemed to be much more of a wuss in Bowser's Inside Story than in Superstar Saga.
Luigi's funny as a coward though because he still has shining moments that are charming and ultimately make the character likable. Toad, on the other hand, is just dead weight in most games and his cowardice is jarring because it makes him useless. Luigi presses on while Toad cowers in a ball on the floor and that's where the difference lies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd prefer a sequel (a true sequel) to SMRPG over a remake, as I'm sure many would, but yeah, a remake would be better than nothing imo. Though I hope they wouldn't change things up too much (especially the graphical style). Honestly after all this time it's just nice to hear that Geno and Mallow might show up again some day.

Not necessarily; those three were either hotly demanded characters or a total WTF curveball. Geno could be considered either and not many other contenders fit into either of those categories, though there are some.
The thing is, those three characters were representatives of their huge and popular series, for Villager and WFT at least it was as much the series they came from as the characters themselves that facilitated their addition. WFT might've been a curveball, but if you think about it her inclusion does make sense as a representative of a series as well-known, popular, and important to Nintendo as Wii Fit. The same can be said to an extent about Villager. Those characters were major parts of their series, and the series themselves are a large part of Nintendo nowadays. While the Mario series is definitely the most important to Nintendo, Geno can hardly be classified as a major part of it (or even a major part of the RPG sub-section at this point), which is where he differs from those two. Sure Villager and Geno (and Mega Man) all have/had popularity, but at least for Villager and Mega Man, it wasn't popularity alone that got them in, as it would need to be for Geno.

Mega Man might be a little bit of a closer comparison, as both he and Geno are third-parties with popularity (though Geno's has largely passed). Sure popularity is the main reason Mega Man got included, and it would really be the only thing that ever would actually get Geno included, but Mega Man also had more than that, he was the protagonist of a legendary series very closely tied with Nintendo, which Sakurai even mentioned as reasoning for his inclusion.

Even though Geno might look like he could just fit into one of the categories of characters already added, he is in quite a different, and less likely, situation. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him included, he was my favourite character in SMRPG, but he can't claim to be able to get in for reasons the three unveiled newcomers already did.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kept wanting to post this in here.

It's by Brentalfloss

It has an awesome cameo in it if you look closely...Plus it's kind of cute

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something I made quickly

It's meant to loop, which Youtube can't do

Xigger

Smash Lord
I feel very confident about Geno for some reason.
Is it because of his unique-yet-straightforward qualities that's hard to find for Smash candidates? The fact that his franchise can represent Mario, Mario RPG, or his own? Or just the cult popularity similar to the Mother franchise? Those points seem promising.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Is it because of his unique-yet-straightforward qualities that's hard to find for Smash candidates? The fact that his franchise can represent Mario, Mario RPG, or his own? Or just the cult popularity similar to the Mother franchise? Those points seem promising.
Probably all of those points. :D

Xigger

Smash Lord
Looks like the developers have a case of fanboy nostalgia as well. Seems to me like we should be expecting a return of the classics...

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the developers have a case of fanboy nostalgia as well. Seems to me like we should be expecting a return of the classics...
Yeah, it seems like Nintendo is reaching back to their roots a little more. Hopefully this spells good news for characters like Geno and Mallow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My only concern is this good news will be too late for SSB4

CF711

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it started early enough with games like Punch Out, DKCR and Kid Icarus. With Nintendo looking more towards it's older fans and giving them what they want lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see either/both of them return within the next couple of years.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can we not talk about SSB5 yet? God knows people will want to as soon as SSB4 is on shelves but that's at least another 7 years away. I'll be at least 33 when that happens... maybe have kids... guh, I think I'd rather think about the present for now.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hell, if he even gets AT status that'd be a huge deal. It'd mean Nintendo cares a little about him and Mallow. Maybe they'll eventually obtain the rights to them completely. Maybe.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
They'd never get the rights to Geno just to make him an Assist Trophy.

He'd either be playable or not in at all, clearly the latter being much more likely.

Xigger

Smash Lord
They'd never get the rights to Geno just to make him an Assist Trophy.

He'd either be playable or not in at all, clearly the latter being much more likely.

Peeeee-shaw! He was totally in that one game, with his own section in the credits. It would blend right in that end credits section with the other companies.

At least for some appearance!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
as much as I want geno I dont think he'll happen this time around, though id love to be wrong here.

i think he needs to show up in a mario game again first, not in a slot machine, i mean like him and mallow piloting a kart in a double dash sequel or something. once that barrier is crossed and nintendo buys the rights to him or something then i think he has an excellent shot at getting in smash but for now he's just too strange of a case, filling a mario AND 3rd party spot... it's just unlikely, i think brawl with the massive fan support was his shot and he missed it, again unless he gains relevance in mario games once again (which i hope he does) but until then im not holding my breath

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I want Super Mario RPG HD

I'd pay endless moolah.

Geno's song was potentially in Brol so my 1% hope for him will never die

CF711

Smash Apprentice
i think brawl with the massive fan support was his shot and he missed it
By the time he got that support the roster had already been pretty much finalized if I remember correctly.

I think that the biggest thing that he has going for him was that support during brawl. Hopefully Sakurai got word of it and planned him in for 4. Even if I saw him as an assist trophy or an in-game trophy I would be happy. Just something to let us know that they haven't forgotten about the character.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
By the time he got that support the roster had already been pretty much finalized if I remember correctly.

I think that the biggest thing that he has going for him was that support during brawl. Hopefully Sakurai got word of it and planned him in for 4. Even if I saw him as an assist trophy or an in-game trophy I would be happy. Just something to let us know that they haven't forgotten about the character.
Probably wouldn't bring him back just to make him an AT, so let's hope for playable. But yeah, he does have that going for him. With each installment, Sakurai has seemed to include heavily demanded characters who hadn't yet made it into previous games. By the time they start making the new games, the only demand they can really take into account is from the past games.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I support this so much!
I'm throwing my wallet at the screen but nothing is happening.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I remember creating an account just to support Geno for Brawl! We have to make Geno popular again!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I remember creating an account just to support Geno for Brawl! We have to make Geno popular again!
My feelings for Geno are very mixed.

If he counts as a Mario character, them Id rather not. Other characters deserve that spot.
But if he counts as a third-party character, Im all aboard the hype train!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
My feelings for Geno are very mixed.

If he counts as a Mario character, them Id rather not. Other characters deserve that spot.
But if he counts as a third-party character, Im all aboard the hype train!
I'm pretty sure he'd be considered a Mario character, unless for some reason Sakurai decides to make a seperate "Mario RPG" franchise, which seems unlikely.

I don't have high hopes for Geno but at least if he's popular enough we could see him included in future Mario games (Mario RPG Sequel)!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally think that if he's going to make it in the next Smash Bros. he's gotta have more appearances in the Mario games, but it seems that the Mario Club seems busy with Rosalina.

Top Bottom