• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I personally think that if he's going to make it in the next Smash Bros. he's gotta have more appearances in the Mario games, but it seems that the Mario Club seems busy with Rosalina.
I see Geno fitting into Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi RPG games, but he'll (or it'll) need to be popular enough to be considered.

It would be like this:
Becomes popular ---> Gets included into Mario games ---> Makes it into a SSB game

But we hope that...:
Sakurai includes him in SSB4 ---> Becomes popular ---> Gets included into Mario games

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm pretty sure he'd be considered a Mario character, unless for some reason Sakurai decides to make a seperate "Mario RPG" franchise, which seems unlikely.

I don't have high hopes for Geno but at least if he's popular enough we could see him included in future Mario games (Mario RPG Sequel)!
We should make an alliance.

The Geno and Fawful Alliance.

We work together to gain popularity for each of our respective irrelevant Mario RPG characters.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
We should make an alliance.

The Geno and Fawful Alliance.

We work together to gain popularity for each of our respective irrelevant Mario RPG characters.
I'm definitely up for that. Fawful is my favorite M&L RPG character and plays a major role in the series. I hope they're both in the next M&L game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Bidoof doesn't have the authority to make a Geno alliance with anyone

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm the King of Irrelevancy/Obscurity/Forgotten Characters.

Everyone knows that.

This gives me the right to make a Geno alliance.
Whether you're the king or not is irreverent since I'm the GOD

Staarih

Smash Master
I see Geno definitely having the potential of becoming something big. If only Square Enix would loosen up a bit and let him make appearances more often in Mario games (or maybe his own games!). Rosalina is the new big thing Mario-wise, sure, but I think Geno would really become as popular as her if he was given the chance. In fact, now that I think of it, he's pretty similar to Rosalina with the whole space/star/galaxy/whatever -thing, and if Rosalina were to ever get her own spin-off titles, Geno could even make appearances there... haha, I don't know, I love Geno as a character and I'd really like him to gain is own merits. He just needs to appear more - even just some cameos in Mario games would do it for a start (or even playable possibilities, imagine having him in Mario Kart or whatnot...).

ps. and I also think he has great potential of being a fighter in Smash Bros. He has the looks, build and uniqueness.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Whether you're the king or not is irreverent since I'm the GOD
Yeah, about that.....

My friends Chef Game & Watch, Masked Link, Bidoof, Giygue, Reggie Fils-Amie, Morshu, Dr Robotnik, Rudy the Clown, Vince, N64 Logo, Gooey & Rick, Count Bleck, MissingNo., Boy and His Blob, Pokémon Ranger, Sugar Plumps, Final Fantasy Heroes, Chozo Warrior, and the late Heavy Weapons Guy all say that I have more authority.

Whats a mob to a king?
Whats a king to a god?
Whats a god to a non believer ?..
What's a mob to a King?
Well this may just be me, but when I see a mob coming I at me, I get the hell out of there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, about that.....

My friends Chef Game & Watch, Masked Link, Bidoof, Giygue, Reggie Fils-Amie, Morshu, Dr Robotnik, Rudy the Clown, Vince, N64 Logo, Gooey & Rick, Count Bleck, MissingNo., Boy and His Blob, Pokémon Ranger, Sugar Plumps, Final Fantasy Heroes, Chozo Warrior, and the late Heavy Weapons Guy all say that I have more authority.

What's a mob to a King?
Well this may just be me, but when I see a mob coming I at me, I get the hell out of there.
Picking a random character, creating a low quality thread and pretending to support it doesn't make you a king

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Picking a random character, creating a low quality thread and pretending to support it doesn't make you a king
Low quality?
I'll have you know I put a decent amount of effort into some of my threads!
I am their King, therefore the king of irrelevancy.

Oh, and being on SmashBoards since 2007 and having 20,000 posts doesn't make you a god either.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Low quality?
I'll have you know I put a decent amount of effort into some of my threads!
I am their King, therefore the king of irrelevancy.

Oh, and being on SmashBoards since 2007 and having 20,000 posts doesn't make you a god either.
Only in comparison it does

And at least my irreverent character threads are quality over quantity

If you're the king, it's the king of spam

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Only in comparison it does

And at least my irreverent character threads are quality over quantity

If you're the king, it's the king of spam
I was actually planning to put more efforts into some of my threads, but people would say its bad and after nobody visited my threads, I abandoned them.

The threads that are somewhat popular, I work hard on, like Masked Link, Reggie, and Giygas.

Even if I am not a King, which everyone knows I am, I still have the authority to start an alliance.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was actually planning to put more efforts into some of my threads, but people would say its bad and after nobody visited my threads, I abandoned them.

The threads that are somewhat popular, I work hard on, like Masked Link, Reggie, and Giygas.

Even if I am not a King, which everyone knows I am, I still have the authority to start an alliance.
Not in here, king of fools

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OH BOY! IT'S TIME TO TALK ABOUT GENO!

*Overlooks Psycho v. Bidoof*

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Did you all just seriously drive a Fawful fan who wanted to help away because of your petty arguing? >=(

And you all wonder why no one likes Geno fans. You shame yourselves.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Did you all just seriously drive a Fawful fan who wanted to help away because of your petty arguing? >=(

Don't worry, I wasn't driven away.
I don't care when people look down upon me.

The alliance is still on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

No, I drove away MEGA BIDOOF

He's not a true fan of anyone

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, about that.....

You do not have authority because you've created a multitude of threads for terrible characters. You do not have authority in general.

If someone such as Psycho who has contributed so much to the Geno community on Smashboards does not want to make an "official" alliance (let me remind you you're not even the OP for the Fawful thread), then you have little right to shove an alliance down others' throats simply because two others who have not done nearly as much for the character and the fanbase on this site (with no offence intended) are ok with it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You do not have authority because you've created a multitude of threads for terrible characters. You do not have authority in general.

If someone such as Psycho who has contributed so much to the Geno community on Smashboards does not want to make an "official" alliance (let me remind you you're not even the OP for the Fawful thread), then you have little right to shove an alliance down others' throats simply because two others who have not done nearly as much for the character and the fanbase on this site (with no offence intended) are ok with it.
I didn't say that those threads give me authority.
I said those threads make me the King of Crazy/Irrelevant Characters.
Almost everyone knows this.

And I don't understand how I can be the bad guy in this situation.

I just wanted to make a little group for people who agree with an option that certain characters deserve to be more important. And @ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 and a few others agreed with me.

Psycho doesn't really have the right to stop me from doing anything Geno related just because is the thread owner.

And N3ON, I don't see how this situation is trolling.

No, I drove away MEGA BIDOOF

He's not a true fan of anyone
I don't even know how to respond to this properly.

So arguing with someone "above" me for "the authority" to try to get a character I love more attention and popularity doesn't make me a fan of that character?

Then what does make me a fan of someone?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I don't know how these alliance threads work (I haven't been on in a long time), but if it doesn't hurt anyone and helps the characters, I don't see why not.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't know how these alliance threads work (I haven't been on in a long time), but if it doesn't hurt anyone and helps the characters, I don't see why not.
They are just like normal threads, except separated into a special type of group.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think we have Geno confirmed

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/07/02/professor-layton-joins-smash-bros

Little Mac: Confirmed
Mega Man: Confirmed
Professor Layton: Confirmed
GENO: CONFIRMED
Actually, reading the tweet shows that Professor Layton didn't like it and wanted to leave.
So this "rumour" would show that Layton WOULDN'T be in the game.

Unless, however, Layton gives in the fighting-based ways of Smash
Like this for example:
image.jpg

Looks like I'm Solving THIS Puzzle,
THE HARD WAY!!!!!!

But anyways, I just came back to this thread because I wanted to make sure I actually supported each of my most wanted characters' threads. So I support Geno.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Then do so by not posting off-topic in his support thread.
My sincerest apologies.
I thought it wasn't off-topic since it was a joke about the current discussion of the Layton tweet, which involved Geno.

Sorry.

domriver

Smash Lord
I have faith for Geno remember he was one of the most requested for Brawl along with Ridley.

the characters who were recommended multiple times are:

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2) - in BG of Smashville stage
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

http://smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

My hopes are for Ridley, Geno, King K Rool and Palutena. Not sure if this list carrys any weight for Sakurai but ehh maybe he is going down the list. Megaman + Villager have been confirmed. hmm thoughts?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm gonna ask you guys this...

If a Square Enix rep were to be placed in the game. Would that send your hopes for Geno up or down?

Top Bottom