• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

domriver

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. I think that he would, but as someone else stated earlier, just with sounds of damage like Link. Though, I hope that when he takes damage or gives damage, then it sounds "wooden."
jajajajajj yeah yeah well put. hmm. So you guys think like a Link/ Star Fox tone of a voice would suit our wooden warrior?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I think that would have to be good enough since we have never "heard" him talk. That, or just the effects from his magic attacks. "Twinkling," etc.

How about a stage? I know that the Lost Maze in the Forest is the most popular idea, but does anyone else have any ideas?

andimidna

Smash Master
He's unlikely. But I support A LOT of unlikely characters. Geno and Rosalina are the only Mario characters I've ever found interesting. And having 6 Mario characters, I wouldn't be against, it would make more Zelda characters possible and would probably mean the roster is big. And I hope we get more than 50. 50 is realistic, 48 is OK, but 45 or lower would disappoint me.

domriver

Smash Lord
I think that would have to be good enough since we have never "heard" him talk. That, or just the effects from his magic attacks. "Twinkling," etc.

How about a stage? I know that the Lost Maze in the Forest is the most popular idea, but does anyone else have any ideas?
--
You know its wishful thinking I know but, I would LOVE to have a Bowser's Keep as Geno's stage. On the top of the Keep would be the fighting arena. All textures grey etc... then all of sudden Exor appears striking the middle but not directly at the players though a strong shock wave would be sent out damaging all fighters on the ground. Exor would be like at the center of the arena not far at all from the all the action. He would launch attacks from eyes and mouth as he did in the game. For this particular stage your able to hit Exor only after causing enough damage to 1 eye. Both eyes and his mouth can be damaged so that they can not launch any attacks. Once the eye is damaged and rendered useless ,the skull (Exor) at the top can be attacked. If ignored the eyes and mouth regain strength and everything repeats again. Once Exor is defeated. Exor's mouth piece gets bigger and stays in that position for about duration of time (not sure how long) but, his mouth is open. Smithy can show his face from Exor's mouth and laugh or humiliate the fighters. Maybe Queen Valentina can make an appearance. Then after a bit cameos. Exor disentegrates. Exor reappears after a duration of time and process repeats itself.

All this in HIGH DEF OMG....... :eek::bluejump:

This stage is meant to be hectic not a " walk in a park lets fight with no interruptions." thing. :)

Stage : Bower's Keep
Music : Smithy Fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8xRPcSgOgU
Boss Fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQl7wDCKXSM
Weapons Factory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td0-5DrsQNI
Beware of the Forest Mushrooms http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDCsQrDLTE
Koopa Battle Fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZC3xLxkHYA
EDIT: Boss Fight 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up88zQxhKVc

Stage Hazards : Exor
Difficult Status : Hard
Cameos in Stage: Smithy , Axem Rangers , and Queen Valentina & Dodo.

This is just my idea for a Geno stage.

Whats your ideas for a stage? :)

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Nice. I like it. I would love the mountain with wishes as a playable place(can't remember the name of it right off). I think it would be cool to have random stars that have the Smashers' wishes in them.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
I'm not sure who made it

I didn't get it off Miiverse
I wouldn't think you would have because it was posted a year ago. I don't think anyone would have found it unless it was recent and on the front page of the Miiverse website. No harm, no foul if you didn't realize though, but where did you get it?

Why I ask? I was the one who made it. :p I just posted it in the social WiiU/3DS 2.0 thread about an hour ago along with my other Miiverse drawings.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't think you would have because it was posted a year ago. I don't think anyone would have found it unless it was recent and on the front page of the Miiverse website. No harm, no foul if you didn't realize though, but where did you get it?

Why I ask? I was the one who made it. :p I just posted it in the social WiiU/3DS 2.0 thread about an hour ago along with my other Miiverse drawings.
Oh, ok

I don't think I got it in that thread

I think you posted it, someone saw it and thought it looked cool so they posted it somewhere else, then I got it from them

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Oh, ok

I don't think I got it in that thread

I think you posted it, someone saw it and thought it looked cool so they posted it somewhere else, then I got it from them
Wow, really?! That was fast. I guess I should start posting again if people are that excited about it. :laugh:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I'm not sure. I think that he would, but as someone else stated earlier, just with sounds of damage like Link. Though, I hope that when he takes damage or gives damage, then it sounds "wooden."
I disagree. I think Geno should have a voice. I think it would be great to represent that serious and businesslike yet witty attitude that he carried in Super Mario RPG. Maybe he could sound like a mix between Fox and Lucario?

domriver

Smash Lord
I disagree. I think Geno should have a voice. I think it would be great to represent that serious and businesslike yet witty attitude that he carried in Super Mario RPG. Maybe he could sound like a mix between Fox and Lucario?
Sounds about right. But what kind of voice how should it sound? Human like? Robot like? alien like? ajjaja :p

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
A voice would be cool. But, he's never had one. I'd be fine without one. If they bring him back into another game, then I'd take that voice for future iterations of the character.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, he has a mouth, so it would be nice for SOME kind of sound to come out of him. For some reason, I keep picturing him with a robotic Toon Link -sort of voice, though maybe something a bit more deep would suit him better. And no actual words, just some "ooh" and "aah" or whatever is necessary on a battlefield. I do like the wooden sound idea, but I guess that would occur when he's hit or something.

...but yeah, I can't get over how great of a character he could be, not only in Smash but otherwise as well. If only all of his rights would/could be acquired, he has so much potential, even if he would just appear in Mario games. Imagine Geno in Mario Kart for example, or a cameo in a Mario platformer like Rosalina. Rosalina and Geno work well together too with the mysterious space/star vibe they have, and popularity wise I'm sure that Geno would reach Rosalina's level if given the opportunity.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Rethinking the "wooden" sound, how about "magic" sounding when he takes damage? Like, small yellow stars pop out when he takes damage... Just a thought. Though, thinking about the voice does seem to be growing on me.

Geno could be a great character for the Mario series. I believe he could reach great popularity. He's very unique in backstory, yet enough is untold that they could make a great game revealing what his world is like.

domriver

Smash Lord
Well, he has a mouth, so it would be nice for SOME kind of sound to come out of him. For some reason, I keep picturing him with a robotic Toon Link -sort of voice, though maybe something a bit more deep would suit him better. And no actual words, just some "ooh" and "aah" or whatever is necessary on a battlefield. I do like the wooden sound idea, but I guess that would occur when he's hit or something.

...but yeah, I can't get over how great of a character he could be, not only in Smash but otherwise as well. If only all of his rights would/could be acquired, he has so much potential, even if he would just appear in Mario games. Imagine Geno in Mario Kart for example, or a cameo in a Mario platformer like Rosalina. Rosalina and Geno work well together too with the mysterious space/star vibe they have, and popularity wise I'm sure that Geno would reach Rosalina's level if given the opportunity.
----

Rethinking the "wooden" sound, how about "magic" sounding when he takes damage? Like, small yellow stars pop out when he takes damage... Just a thought. Though, thinking about the voice does seem to be growing on me.

Geno could be a great character for the Mario series. I believe he could reach great popularity. He's very unique in backstory, yet enough is untold that they could make a great game revealing what his world is like.
---

I agree with you both. Geno has so much potential. For voice wise I suppose something deep/alien/celestial/mysterious kind of a voice would suit him. Also I would like Nintendo and Square to expand on Geno's background. This Geno isn't really him at all. We don't even know his true form. All we know about Geno is that he is from "Star Road" serving a "Higher Authority". I think it is safe to assume he is a warrior from Star Road. A sequel to Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars would be great or a re-make of the old game with more in-depth knowledge of Geno. Also regarding Geno's possibility in Smash Brothers I really think he is in a good position regardless of what people think. Don't forget he was in the top 5 most requested for Brawl. Sakurai knows this. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thanks a lot! If you're interested, my second post on Miiverse is also about Geno. Although the quality isn't as great as my others:

I'll put it into the OP as well

I have a lot worse pictures, lol

One I drew from 7 years ago.

I was in a weird period with my art then

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I'm surprised nobody seems to think Geno as viable a newcomer now as much as Brawl. I miss the excess Geno fans. They were better than the Shrek/Reggie fans.

domriver

Smash Lord
I'm surprised nobody seems to think Geno as viable a newcomer now as much as Brawl. I miss the excess Geno fans. They were better than the Shrek/Reggie fans.
I really enjoy how Sakurai has a tight lid on the roster. But for some reason I seriously think the roster for this Smash has been in front of our eyes the whole time. I think he will finish off the most requested list for Brawl and some new comers * Wii Fit , Rosalina* In the top 5 are Ridley and Geno who didn't get in. I think Geno and Ridley maybe more Ridley since there is more support for him are in a good position for bein in the new smash just because they were in the top 5. ;)

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I think Geno has a better chance, and the Pre-Brawl Geno thread was always exciting and fun to be a part of. I really hope Geno is the next announced character.

With Mario Kart 8 announcing the Koopalings/Koopa Kids so early, I am expecting a crazy announcement before the May release. Could it be Geno? The next Nintendo Direct is probably going to be in April(if the pattern follows), and I wouldn't be surprised if they made the announcement of new characters in Mario Kart, and the SMRPG group making it in. Think, a dual announcement for Geno in Sm4sh and MK8. It'd be great...

I definitely have my hopes up too high right now. Haha.

Staarih

Smash Master
Think, a dual announcement for Geno in Sm4sh and MK8. It'd be great...
This would definitely be amazing. And now I have my hopes high as well, hahaha! C'mon April!

I'm still thinking Geno could work as a secret character, even the very last unlockable, and not revealed before game release. Sort of a way of Sakurai trolling ("bet you didn't see this one coming huh?") yet still acknowledging the hype around Geno pre-Brawl by adding him in. But surely a pre-release reveal would be a blessing as well!

Sadly the reality of him getting in is pretty low, but we just gotta keep supporting!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
This would definitely be amazing. And now I have my hopes high as well, hahaha! C'mon April!

I'm still thinking Geno could work as a secret character, even the very last unlockable, and not revealed before game release. Sort of a way of Sakurai trolling ("bet you didn't see this one coming huh?") yet still acknowledging the hype around Geno pre-Brawl by adding him in. But surely a pre-release reveal would be a blessing as well!

Sadly the reality of him getting in is pretty low, but we just gotta keep supporting!
Haha. I guess I am just in denial that Sakurai would reveal the entire Mario series. Then again, Geno could go in the "Third-Party" section of the selection screen, or even under DK, Diddy, [insert hope of other DK Rep], Yoshi, and Wario. He could have RPG as his background logo, representing Mario's RPG games.

domriver

Smash Lord
I think Geno has a better chance, and the Pre-Brawl Geno thread was always exciting and fun to be a part of. I really hope Geno is the next announced character.

With Mario Kart 8 announcing the Koopalings/Koopa Kids so early, I am expecting a crazy announcement before the May release. Could it be Geno? The next Nintendo Direct is probably going to be in April(if the pattern follows), and I wouldn't be surprised if they made the announcement of new characters in Mario Kart, and the SMRPG group making it in. Think, a dual announcement for Geno in Sm4sh and MK8. It'd be great...

This would be nice. Also the whole *keep Geno a secret till the very end* could work as well. I don't know. Keep the faith for Geno :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, one good news is an article posted earlier in this thread says the popularity of Geno was made aware to his creator

So even IF he doesn't get into Smash or Mario Kart, there still is a possibility he could get into future games - Which may very well lead to him being more well known and make it into Smash 5 (or 6, Sakurai said Smash 3DS is Smash 5)

domriver

Smash Lord
Well, one good news is an article posted earlier in this thread says the popularity of Geno was made aware to his creator

So even IF he doesn't get into Smash or Mario Kart, there still is a possibility he could get into future games - Which may very well lead to him being more well known and make it into Smash 5 (or 6, Sakurai said Smash 3DS is Smash 5)
I'm still on the fact that he made the top 5 should be sufficient enough to have made Sakurai consider him for the new Smash. This goes for Ridley as well. Only difference is that Ridley seems to be more in demand now. But, like i said in other threads. I think we are looking at the roster already. All the characters confirmed have been from the popular list. * Villager, MegaMan, Little Mac. * :)

Top Bottom