• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
hi guys I'd like to point out something in the early results of the vote about Geno did you notice that he was put in the front runner group and Not in the 3rd party group? does this mean nintendo actually have full rights to him because I though he would have been owned by square and all.... but hey I would love to see this guy in

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
hi guys I'd like to point out something in the early results of the vote about Geno did you notice that he was put in the front runner group and Not in the 3rd party group? does this mean nintendo actually have full rights to him because I though he would have been owned by square and all.... but hey I would love to see this guy in
He's not a true 3rd party character though. He's in a grey area because his only game was a Mario game.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
He's not a true 3rd party character though. He's in a grey area because his only game was a Mario game.
then the more power to the Geno fans hell I'm one too I just recently played Mario RPG and that scene with Gaz and Mario playing dolls was adorable the Geno doll is one strong Mofo and why does a kid toad have that doll so powered up is it not a weapon?

Thats because it was fan made and means nothing

Hence cranky being above dixie

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Geno alts that I did. If I had it my way, Geno would reppin' all kinds of Nintendo RPG goodness in his appearance.
Seriously, you are great! The amount of details and references that you put into these skins are incredible!
This is an awesome concept!
Also the slight redesign of the character in this concept is cool.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

Geno alts that I did. If I had it my way, Geno would reppin' all kinds of Nintendo RPG goodness in his appearance.
Omg these are amazing ! I dunno who to choose ! Ahhh I would play them all ! (Well, maybe except Fawful's, he looks creepy XD)
Fantastic job Solmatter ! ovo I need to finish my Geno art haha--

I'm so maining Mr. Popo Dimentio Geno.
Hahaha he does look like him a bit X"D (Cue all the DBZA fan naming their Dimented-Geno "Mr.Popo")

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Omg these are amazing ! I dunno who to choose ! Ahhh I would play them all ! (Well, maybe except Fawful's, he looks creepy XD)
Fantastic job Solmatter ! ovo I need to finish my Geno art haha--

Hahaha he does look like him a bit X"D (Cue all the DBZA fan naming their Dimented-Geno "Mr.Popo")
lol Fawful was always creepy lol

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Im really glad I found this place because I was really worried that I was the only one who voted for Geno but then I found here and I was really happy ... sorry for being all well you know lol

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Im really glad I found this place because I was really worried that I was the only one who voted for Geno but then I found here and I was really happy ... sorry for being all well you know lol
hey man don't worry about it your with allies now. and remember If we Believe we can achieve!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage

In my perfect world these would be Geno's palettes.. Although a Blackmage scheme's gotta be thrown in there somewhere :p

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Okay so the suggestions that we have made so far (that I could find) are as followed:

1) Re-share videos like Rawest Forrest, Smash Kingdom, Nin10Doh!, etc. to re-spark Geno's presence in the Nintendo community

2) A live stream to raise money for a good cause like breast cancer and spread awareness of Geno

3) Contact Game Grumps and request that they play Super Mario RPG on their show

4) Contact Kirbopher and ask him to comment on the big support for Geno as DLC or make a Kirblog about the Fighter Ballot

5) Continue Twitter spamming and Facebook Spamming both Nintendo and Square Enix to confirm once and for all WHO owns the rights to Geno and conduct a strategy of how to bring him back based on this newly confirmed information

6) Creating either a fan-made trailer or an informative video explaining maturely and in great detail both WHO Geno is and all of the reasons WHY it would be a good idea to include him as DLC in Smash Bros.

7) Start a Let's Play video ourselves of Super Mario RPG to bring more love and awareness to Geno

8) Schedule a Skype Group Call where we Mass Vote for Geno for 4 straight hours

9) Keep reminding Nintendo about Geno by frequently putting up posts and pictures promoting Geno in Super Mario RPG on Miiverse

Did I miss any?
How about starting a pole, on our OWN SMASH SITE. I mean, it's good to be raising the awareness, but let's focus more in our neighborhood, because that is a step not a leap.

AMAZING! Lovely and well thought out! Representing colors to tie in wonderful characters from the series/games. Errrrr The fawful one is awesome, but I have a gnit to pick. Could there be a pinch more green, in either the boots or the face by chance? Or Making the hat green with blue eyes as a sign, with just the smiling face without eyes on the head? hehe But seriously, I would play as all of these, and they are quite clever, kudos to you!

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
These are my opinions on some of the common tasks TailsFan92 was kind enough to list for all of us.

Okay so the suggestions that we have made so far (that I could find) are as followed:

1) Re-share videos like Rawest Forrest, Smash Kingdom, Nin10Doh!, etc. to re-spark Geno's presence in the Nintendo community
Can't we put links to those videos in the OP? Personally, I'd rather we make new videos because if there's one thing Geno and SMRPG needs, it's fresh content. Giving peiople links to the old videos isn't a bad idea though.

3) Contact Game Grumps and request that they play Super Mario RPG on their show

4) Contact Kirbopher and ask him to comment on the big support for Geno as DLC or make a Kirblog about the Fighter Ballot
Has anyone started on this yet? Have the Game Grumps played M&L:SS? I know Kirbopher is currently making DBZ blogs.

IIRC I already spoke my mind on #5, so

6) Creating either a fan-made trailer or an informative video explaining maturely and in great detail both WHO Geno is and all of the reasons WHY it would be a good idea to include him as DLC in Smash Bros.
I have an idea for this that I talk about down below:

2) A live stream to raise money for a good cause like breast cancer and spread awareness of Geno

7) Start a Let's Play video ourselves of Super Mario RPG to bring more love and awareness to Geno

8) Schedule a Skype Group Call where we Mass Vote for Geno for 4 straight hours
These things can and should be done as events on the same stream. We should pick someone with a reliable internet connection, the right equipment and a lot of time on their hands to host the Let's Play stream and we Geno fans can promote it everywhere to build up a good userbase. I don't know what would differentiate our stream from the 5 billlion other ones out there, though. I leave that problem to better folks.

Anyway once we have a Let's Play stream we can use that to fulfill tasks 2 and 8. I don't think we should raise money for breast cancer though; that's one of the most easily survivable cancers and gets a disproportionate amount of money and attention compared to other more lethal cancers, and the big breast cancer foundations don't actually spend most of the money they get on actual cancer research anyway; it all goes to administrative costs. Whatever, we can all pick something. I like the Make-A-Wish foundation idea but others should make suggestions and we should decide as a group. Like, vote or something.

We can fulfill task #8 around E3! I feel it should be on some significant date.

For #6: You know what would be a good idea? Have Geno fans make videos listing the reasons why they like Geno, Mallow, and Super Mario RPG and why they want Geno in Smash, and uploading copies of the videos to the stream. Or links, or something. I think Twitch lets you upload videos, right? Maybe we can Twitter-spam the stream or links to the videos to Nintendo and Square or something.

9) Keep reminding Nintendo about Geno by frequently putting up posts and pictures promoting Geno in Super Mario RPG on Miiverse

Did I miss any?
I have an idea: since summer's coming and with it gaming conventions, why don't we look up which cons are happening in our areas, see if any Nintendo or Square reps will be there, and prepare some Geno stuff to give to them? Like, that petition Fatmanonice made, or an SMRPG picture quilt or something? Something tangible and handmade by the fans.

Last edited:

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Vivian Geno would be my main so hard.
A little late to the game here, but those alternate costumes are very detailed. In the Paper Mario series, Vivian was always my favorite partner out of all the games, not just because she (he?) was the best partner in fights, but because her story was the best too. I still get chills when I watch the scene where Vivian accepts that she wants to side with Mario and slowly returns to the Dupliss fight and I find it really cute when she tries to confess her love to Mario at the very end of the game but just can't bring herself to do it. Seeing representation of both Geno and Vivan, although unlikely, would be absolutely fantastic!

All of these designs could be believable costumes too, accept for the White Mage since we know for a fact that White Mage is 100% owned by Square Enix.

I have an idea: since summer's coming and with it gaming conventions, why don't we look up which cons are happening in our areas, see if any Nintendo or Square reps will be there, and prepare some Geno stuff to give to them? Like, that petition Fatmanonice made, or an SMRPG picture quilt or something? Something tangible and handmade by the fans.
Although I do not attend any gaming conventions, I do attend plenty of anime conventions. And yes, of all of the cosplays I own, my favorite is my Geno costume. I am always surprised how many people recognize and get excited when they see the cosplay too. This year for my annual cons, I was planning on making some modifications like more elaborate face paint and color contacts, but I am also currently working on a picket sign that says something along the lines of "Vote Geno for Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot" or something like that. I will literally be a walking advertisement! XD

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
These are my opinions on some of the common tasks TailsFan92 was kind enough to list for all of us.

Can't we put links to those videos in the OP? Personally, I'd rather we make new videos because if there's one thing Geno and SMRPG needs, it's fresh content. Giving peiople links to the old videos isn't a bad idea though.

Has anyone started on this yet? Have the Game Grumps played M&L:SS? I know Kirbopher is currently making DBZ blogs.
IIRC I already spoke my mind on #5, so

I have an idea for this that I talk about down below:

These things can and should be done as events on the same stream. We should pick someone with a reliable internet connection, the right equipment and a lot of time on their hands to host the Let's Play stream and we Geno fans can promote it everywhere to build up a good userbase. I don't know what would differentiate our stream from the 5 billlion other ones out there, though. I leave that problem to better folks.

Anyway once we have a Let's Play stream we can use that to fulfill tasks 2 and 8. I don't think we should raise money for breast cancer though; that's one of the most easily survivable cancers and gets a disproportionate amount of money and attention compared to other more lethal cancers, and the big breast cancer foundations don't actually spend most of the money they get on actual cancer research anyway; it all goes to administrative costs. Whatever, we can all pick something. I like the Make-A-Wish foundation idea but others should make suggestions and we should decide as a group. Like, vote or something.

We can fulfill task #8 around E3! I feel it should be on some significant date.

For #6: You know what would be a good idea? Have Geno fans make videos listing the reasons why they like Geno, Mallow, and Super Mario RPG and why they want Geno in Smash, and uploading copies of the videos to the stream. Or links, or something. I think Twitch lets you upload videos, right? Maybe we can Twitter-spam the stream or links to the videos to Nintendo and Square or something.

I have an idea: since summer's coming and with it gaming conventions, why don't we look up which cons are happening in our areas, see if any Nintendo or Square reps will be there, and prepare some Geno stuff to give to them? Like, that petition Fatmanonice made, or an SMRPG picture quilt or something? Something tangible and handmade by the fans.[/quote]
I'm going to this convention called fanime i will probably have my geno costume ready and i will go there promoting geno for smash

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Hey i just remembered guys didn't sakurai say that he wanted more classic characters in this game. i think that also helps geno

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like Partners in Time suffered from a bad case of "trying too hard." The first game was one laugh after the other and extremely memorable but I feel like the Partners was just swings and misses over and over again. Not a bad game but it's like that friend that always references memes and thinks they're hilarious but most people just barely tolerate them. It was an okay experience and little more. If I had to rank the Mario and Luigi RPGs: Super Star Saga >>> Dream Team > Bowser's Inside Story >>>> Partners in Time.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Partners in Time suffered from a bad case of "trying too hard." The first game was one laugh after the other and extremely memorable but I feel like the Partners was just swings and misses over and over again. Not a bad game but it's like that friend that always references memes and thinks they're hilarious but most people just barely tolerate them. It was an okay experience and little more. If I had to rank the Mario and Luigi RPGs: Super Star Saga >>> Dream Team > Bowser's Inside Story >>>> Partners in Time.
I agree but I haven't really played dream team

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
So, I decided to make promotion button/badges, with Geno's face on them. This is not complete, as this is a test badge. (This was a bad idea to use glow-in-the-dark yellow for the yellow part of Genos hat, because that paint has trouble sticking and even staying yellow. 2 layers, and it wants to fade into blue to become green.) Well, I want to add hair, but I thought Orange thick ribbon would be cool (mostly because I even forgot to paint hair/was out of orange paint haha.) Grr.
Well, anyways, I am also making 2 dice as a promotion object(s) for this (clip-on) button.
HNI_0007.JPG

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
So, I decided to make promotion button/badges, with Geno's face on them. This is not complete, as this is a test badge. (This was a bad idea to use glow-in-the-dark yellow for the yellow part of Genos hat, because that paint has trouble sticking and even staying yellow. 2 layers, and it wants to fade into blue to become green.) Well, I want to add hair, but I thought Orange thick ribbon would be cool (mostly because I even forgot to paint hair/was out of orange paint haha.) Grr.
Well, anyways, I am also making 2 dice as a promotion object(s) for this (clip-on) button.
View attachment 47087
I would buy one of those SO hard. Just put the orange curls on and it will be near perfect. Where do you plan on giving these away if you don't mind me asking?

I was looking at the Child's Play information website and I saw that there were other options for raising money besides just creating tournaments or live play-throughs. It is also possible to sell things on Ebay and have the proceeds go towards the charity. I know that we have some pretty talented artists here on the forum and I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to commission fan art of Geno and sell them to raise money. We could draw him in a Smash Bros. environment or in the classic forest maze. Would any of our artists be game for that?

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I would buy one of those SO hard. Just put the orange curls on and it will be near perfect. Where do you plan on giving these away if you don't mind me asking?

I was looking at the Child's Play information website and I saw that there were other options for raising money besides just creating tournaments or live play-throughs. It is also possible to sell things on Ebay and have the proceeds go towards the charity. I know that we have some pretty talented artists here on the forum and I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to commission fan art of Geno and sell them to raise money. We could draw him in a Smash Bros. environment or in the classic forest maze. Would any of our artists be game for that?
XD I was actually going to find a way to sell it for about a dollar, just so I can buy more supplies and make more! The glow-in-the-dark paint color is a cancel, but revised to just yellow though. Lol.

Also, that Child's Play sounds like a great idea. I bet we are all old enough to make a kid's book, or some symbol-dice (like alphabet stacking kind but with mario/geno/ssbb themes.) Shell, even hat accessories, painted origami, selling hot-dogs/popcorn/cottoncandy, even maybe make just those dinner plate mates, maybe t-shirts, (underwear??yourRight2edgy)...

DOUBLE SHELL, I'll make some functioning (toy) GENO' finger shot gloves if you like toys mcguyver'd under 10 bucks! I WILL COOK WORMS AND SELL IT AS NOVELTY BACON FOR THIS CAUSE.fjlkafjiaofewiofaiwofjha2o[fhaouifhnoufhnofueHNFUOAWHFOUJAHFIARUOGH

Last edited:

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
DOUBLE SHELL, I'll make some functioning (toy) GENO' finger shot gloves if you like toys mcguyver'd under 10 bucks! I WILL COOK WORMS AND SELL IT AS NOVELTY BACON FOR THIS CAUSE.fjlkafjiaofewiofaiwofjha2o[fhaouifhnoufhnofueHNFUOAWHFOUJAHFIARUOGH
Uhhhh.... Revibe..... buddy old pal? Did you break for a second? XD

Top Bottom