• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree with you on this, if in smash 5 squeenix worked on the game, would Geno's chances go up majorly or minorly? As a whole squeenix is my favourite second-party producer, and would love it if they worked on a smash game, if they did, and Geno wasn't in already, would support in numbers go up for him too do you think?
I'd say if Geno's popularity can survive until Smash 5, and if SE works on it (which... is kind of random, they don't really have as much fighting game experience as Namco or Capcom), I'd say that Geno would be at a point where his inclusion was actually more likely than unlikely. Again, only if he can stay at a noticeable amount of popularity. Of course, just the announcement alone of SE working on the game would cause Geno's (and alot of other SE characters') popularity and demand to definitely increase. It would all come down to Sakurai as usual though.

Plus, Square-Enix is a third-party developer and publisher, not a... second-party producer... :rolleyes:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
It would be terrible if sqeenix worked on this,everyone would fire missiles and you would have to move your hands around to control the game :troll:

Giant cookie if you get it

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Square Enix worked on the game, it'd be out by the time the wii-u 2 comes out

D

Deleted member

@N3ON: If Square Enix does work on Smash 5, then yes, it would increase Geno's chances. Not because Square Enix is working on it, but because Geno would be among the most wanted additions again.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Now the question is will he be a Square-Enix rep or a Nintendo rep? I'd love to see him in though hes in my top 5 for sure!
My Top 5 Most Wanted New Characters:
1. Amaterasu from Okami
2. Ridley
3. GENO!!!
4. Paper Mario
5. Ashley from Wario Ware - Everyone's forgotten about her... :'(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now the question is will he be a Square-Enix rep or a Nintendo rep? I'd love to see him in though hes in my top 5 for sure!
My Top 5 Most Wanted New Characters:
1. Amaterasu from Okami
2. Ridley
3. GENO!!!
4. Paper Mario
5. Ashley from Wario Ware - Everyone's forgotten about her... :'(
He'd be a nintendo rep, but he'd have to be licensed from Square-Enix by Nintendo.

he'd be a Mario character

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Geno would be amazing!
I hope square changes three minds this time.
I HOPE this happens!!!
I would always plays as geno!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Touche, Psycho. Touche

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Alright, not to sound rude to Geno fans now (since I know this is a support thread), I apologize if this sounds offensive, and I don't mean to be blunt, but...

What makes you guys think an obscure partner from an Mario rpg game like 16 years a go (from another company as well) will be more deserving over active characters in the Mario series who appear constantly, such as Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, or even someone like Daisy? I mean, I'm just trying to figure out the deal with how people think, taking out any "I like the character reasons" and using actual facts, how does he honestly deserve a spot over many active characters in the Mario series?

I don't mean to sound snarky or testy now, but getting my thoughts into that; I honestly don't think he is deserving of the lot more well-known characters in the series. There have been plenty of other partners in other Mario rpg games, such as the Paper Mario games, so I don't see Geno as a reasonable candidate over others, it'll be a slap in the face to include him when he really isn't important nor dominant in the Mario series. Can anyone argue with that?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think it's mainly the "we like the character" argument, which is very flawed in itself. But there is the reasoning that Square Enix would add Geno as their third party choice, which is even more flawed considering that a character from Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest is far more likely due to iconic status alone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alright, not to sound rude to Geno fans now (since I know this is a support thread), I apologize if this sounds offensive, and I don't mean to be blunt, but...

What makes you guys think an obscure partner from an Mario rpg game like 16 years a go (from another company as well) will be more deserving over active characters in the Mario series who appear constantly, such as Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, or even someone like Daisy? I mean, I'm just trying to figure out the deal with how people think, taking out any "I like the character reasons" and using actual facts, how does he honestly deserve a spot over many active characters in the Mario series?

I don't mean to sound snarky or testy now, but getting my thoughts into that; I honestly don't think he is deserving of the lot more well-known characters in the series. There have been plenty of other partners in other Mario rpg games, such as the Paper Mario games, so I don't see Geno as a reasonable candidate over others, it'll be a slap in the face to include him when he really isn't important nor dominant in the Mario series. Can anyone argue with that?
Cause he's awesome. And Mario RPG was awesome.

I really don't care about this whole arguement or reason things as it's all relative anyway.

I just want who I want, and don't who I don't.

I did lost of arguing with facts and the likes back in the Brawl days and a lot of the characters that were/ are deserving didn't get in anyway. I'm done with that now.

I don't like Bowser Jr so I don't want Bowser Jr. I like Geno so I want Geno.

I don't believe repetition = importance

Mario RPG was a very important game to me, my favorite for MANY years into even the 64 age. Whether or not it's important to the fans at large, I really don't care. I'll slap you all in the faces all day for how much I care

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I think it's mainly the "we like the character" argument, which is very flawed in itself. But there is the reasoning that Square Enix would add Geno as their third party choice, which is even more flawed considering that a character from Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest is far more likely due to iconic status alone.
Yeah, I noticed that's the main argument most Geno fans have. :p But yeah, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, everyone has the right to say "I want this character" and have hopes, I was just trying to see why most Geno fans think he should be included. =P

Cause he's awesome. And Mario RPG was awesome.

I really don't care about this whole arguement or reason things as it's all relative anyway.

I just want who I want, and don't who I don't.

I did lost of arguing with facts and the likes back in the Brawl days and a lot of the characters that were/ are deserving didn't get in anyway. I'm done with that now.

I don't like Bowser Jr so I don't want Bowser Jr. I like Geno so I want Geno.

I don't believe repetition = importance

Mario RPG was a very important game to me, my favorite for MANY years into even the 64 age. Whether or not it's important to the fans at large, I really don't care. I'll slap you all in the faces all day for how much I care
I'm just trying to see what most Geno fans think, I just notice that most Geno fans really don't have a good reason why he should be in this game, especially over many more deserving others. "Awesomeness" is debatable, and I've played SMRPG, it was an amazing game, but no one can deny that Geno is an obscure character in the Mario universe.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I noticed that's the main argument most Geno fans have. :p But yeah, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, everyone has the right to say "I want this character" and have hopes, I was just trying to see why most Geno fans think he should be included. =P

I'm just trying to see what most Geno fans think, I just notice that most Geno fans really don't have a good reason why he should be in this game, especially over many more deserving others. "Awesomeness" is debatable, and I've played SMRPG, it was an amazing game, but no one can deny that Geno is an obscure character in the Mario universe.
Why are they more deserving?

I think that's debatable.

I disagree with you

D

Deleted member

Geno is a one-time (with a minor cameo in another game) Mario spin-off character that is owned by Square-Enix.

That alone makes him far less derserving than plenty of Mario candidates. People don't become deserving from "awesomeness".

(People use the "spin-off" excuse for Waluigi, so I'm using it against Geno)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Actually, it is a spin off.

It has no connection to any of the other games except the first Super Mario bros.

and most of the spin off games (Paper mario series, Mario and Luigi, Party, and even some of the sports games) make reference to the original Super Mario bros.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Why are they more deserving?

I think that's debatable.

I disagree with you
Well, let's look at what deserving means for SSB first. To me, a deserving spot on the roster would be a main character who's been very much involved in the Nintendo series they're in, and that series has to be well known (any 3rd Party series is up to Nintendo though).

Let's look at the Mario guys: Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser, 4 characters who are pretty much in almost every Mario game, playable or not. Honestly tell me who would fit in with that more; a character like Toad/Bowser. Jr/Daisy, very well know across the Mario series and has made appearences loads of appearences across the Mario series (especially Toad), or someone like Geno, who has appeared in 2 Mario games (the other being just a cameo) and is not really quite well-known with the Mario community.

I honestly don't know how that little involvement character would be deserving at all over the characters I mentioned, they have been quite more frequently seen than Geno has, they represent the Mario series a lot better than Geno could. I mean, SMRPG was a great game (though it isn't relevant), but Geno is still just a partner, honestly, he'd have the same chances as pretty much any Mario RPG partner (which is really low), not to mention he's owned by Square-Enix, another company, that drops his chances even further in my book. I mean, Nintendo can add whoever they want, but I don't see why Geno would honestly be more deserving than others. It doesn't add up.

I may be forgetting something, but I'm sure I covered the main basis of my case. I'd like to hear your response on that. :p

EDIT:
I've been ninja'd it seems. I agree with what 8-peacock-8 and GoldenYuiitusin said as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, let's look at what deserving means for SSB first. To me, a deserving spot on the roster would be a main character who's been very much involved in the Nintendo series they're in, and that series has to be well known (any 3rd Party series is up to Nintendo though).

Let's look at the Mario guys: Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser, 4 characters who are pretty much in almost every Mario game, playable or not. Honestly tell me who would fit in with that more; a character like Toad/Bowser. Jr/Daisy, very well know across the Mario series and has made appearences loads of appearences across the Mario series (especially Toad), or someone like Geno, who has appeared in 2 Mario games (the other being just a cameo) and is not really quite well-known with the Mario community.

I honestly don't know how that little involvement character would be deserving at all over the characters I mentioned, they have been quite more frequently seen than Geno has, they represent the Mario series a lot better than Geno could. I mean, SMRPG was a great game, but Geno is still just a partner, honestly, he'd have the same chances as pretty much any Mario RPG partner (which is low). I mean, Nintendo can add whoever they want , but that's at least my view on the matter, and I think it's pretty solid.

I may be forgetting something, but I'm sure I covered the main basis of my case. I'd like to hear your response on that. :p

EDIT:
I've been ninja'd it seems. I agree with what 8-peacock-8 and GoldenYuiitusin said as well.
I still think the fact that Geno's been high on all of Sakurai's polls means he's got a better chance then other Mario characters.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I still think the fact that Geno's been high on all of Sakurai's polls means he's got about the same chance as other Mario characters.
Fixed for you. :troll:

I don't think any new Mario character is particularily likely. Geno having been high on popularity polls helps him a little bit, but at best it puts him on the same levels as the other popular potential Mario newcomers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can you please show me your source for that matter? I'd like to see for myself.
I got it posted somewhere in the first post. I have the entire pre-Brawl Geno thread posted in the first post

Were you not here pre-brawl days?

Edit: I guess it's not in the pre-Brawl thread. Thought it was.

Anyway it doesn't matter. Geno was pretty high on both the pre-melee and pre-brawl polls sakurai conduced.

D

Deleted member

Look how well being on Sakurai's "poll" got him. Absolutely nothing in Brawl. Not even a Sticker.
That one "poll" that people refer to where Geno got 4 points, with Dedede being the top with 5 wasn't even a poll. It was how many times the character had been discussed in e-mails to Sakurai in the old old Japanese Dojo.
The only true "poll" we know about is the one that Sonic apparently was the winner, and the results were undisclosed other than Sonic's victory.

EDIT: And the Pre-Melee poll? Don't make me laugh.
Geno's not even within the Top 20.
http://translate.google.com/transla...are/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html&act=url

EDIT 2:
Hell, he only got 5 measly votes, same as fellow RPG character Mallow and less than a fricking GOOMBA.
http://translate.google.com/transla...are/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html&act=url

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look how well being on Sakurai's "poll" got him. Absolutely nothing in Brawl. Not even a Sticker.
That one "poll" that people refer to where Geno got 4 points, with Dedede being the top with 5 wasn't even a poll. It was how many times the character had been discussed in e-mails to Sakurai in the old old Japanese Dojo.
The only true "poll" we know about is the one that Sonic apparently was the winner, and the results were undisclosed other than Sonic's victory.

EDIT: And the Pre-Melee poll? Don't make me laugh.
Geno's not even within the Top 20.
http://translate.google.com/transla...are/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html&act=url

EDIT 2:
Hell, he only got 5 measly votes, same as fellow RPG character Mallow and less than a fricking GOOMBA.
Yeah, but he was on it.

That means something. Maybe not much, but something.

I never said he was assured

D

Deleted member

It means absolutely nothing. Why must Geno fanboys delude themselves....
Professor Kawashima was also on the list of people discussed in the e-mails. That must mean he has a chance too. [/genofanlogic]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It means absolutely nothing. Why must Geno fanboys delude themselves....
Professor Kawashima was also on the list of people discussed in the e-mails. That must mean he has a chance too. [/genofanlogic]
I don't see why it means nothing

It's recognition in Sakurai's eyes

D

Deleted member

OOH. 4 people talked about him to Sakurai in an e-mail. How fricking special.

I guess anyone who is mentioned to Sakurai through his Twitter is special too.

Top Bottom