• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Masahiro Sakurai has SMRPG on his virtual console at his home. He perhaps purchased it for the sake of researching the role to understand what the people were talking about. Either that, or he is a big fan of the game. Heck, why wouldn't he be?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Masahiro Sakurai has SMRPG on his virtual console at his home. He perhaps purchased it for the sake of researching the role to understand what the people were talking about. Either that, or he is a big fan of the game. Heck, why wouldn't he be?
I think he bought the game because he liked it. Why else would Mario get Ultra Flame as a Final Smash or Peach getting the Fry Pan, Parasol, and Super Slap (and a heart motif) as parts of her moveset or Bowser getting some moves based on Drill Claw? I don't think it had anything to do with Geno... he could be researching it for Mallow. :troll:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Regardless, that is a fantastic sign. Then of course there is always that rumor that Nintendo licensed out a Square owned character that hasn't been used in years. Although the haters will always try to marginalize Geno, I think he stands a pretty decent chance!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I do think it is a decent sign. In the not so distant past, Sakurai bought the game and played as Geno. Though Arcadenik made a good point that there are signs of the game perhaps in Smash Brothers, though that doesn't make me feel less hopeful about it. I mean, if this is true, he must like the game. ^_^

I'm not letting it get to my head, but yeah, who knows what will happen. Looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member

Regardless, that is a fantastic sign. Then of course there is always that rumor that Nintendo licensed out a Square owned character that hasn't been used in years. Although the haters will always try to marginalize Geno, I think he stands a pretty decent chance!
I think that rumor is false. Seems like a tease on Geno fans to excite us for the possibility of it showing up in Smash. It would be awesome if it was true, but it seems too good.

That said, I would love to see Geno in Smash. Heck, I bought Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on the Virtual Console just to see Geno and that was a fantastic game. If anything can contribute to it's inclusion, it's his massive popularity that he once had during pre-Brawl and one that still exist to a lesser degree.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
First off, SMRPG being on Sakurai's Virtual Console collection does not add anything to Geno's viability. The man has close to an SD card full of Virtual Console titles, so it is not that surprising he has downloaded a popular SNES title.

Secondly, that "rumor" about Nintendo licensing a SquareEnix character is more then likely fabricated. It originated on GoNintendo, and that site does little to no fact checking or verification at all. In their entire history, I cannot recall one time where an anonymous tip was ever correct. For all the crap NeoGAF receives at least there are measures in place to weed out false information, with GoNintendo I could probably pass off a "tip" to them and by the end of the week it will be posted on their website.

If you want to support Geno, use better support. Just saying.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Supporting Geno to begin with is already flabbergasting, but adding flawed logic adds insult to injury.

Also unrelated to above, but Geno has a far smaller support group in Japan (see also: barely any) due to the Mario RPG's being more of a niche series.
:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Supporting Geno to begin with is already flabbergasting, but adding flawed logic adds insult to injury.

Also unrelated to above, but Geno has a far smaller support group in Japan (see also: barely any) due to the Mario RPG's being more of a niche series.
I am by no means a Geno supporter, but even though his fanbase has diminished since the Brawl time he still manages to have fans, even in Japan. He had enough back during the time of Melee to have been voted upon multiple times under the Mario characters section. It won't be for a lack of fans or requests that he does not get into the next Super Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

Are you seriously comparing one of the Dark Masters to someone like Geno? :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How does logic add into support of a character?

I like the character, I want him in.

I don't pick characters based on logic

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
lolz at the puppetmon art
Im on & off with Geno since im in the process of minimizing my roster, I want him since he has a huge following (yep im riding on the bandwagon), but then again I have an unsure-ity about him, but why not

D

Deleted member

I am by no means a Geno supporter, but even though his fanbase has diminished since the Brawl time he still manages to have fans, even in Japan. He had enough back during the time of Melee to have been voted upon multiple times under the Mario characters section. It won't be for a lack of fans or requests that he does not get into the next Super Smash Bros.
I'm of the opinion that anyone that meets Sakurai's four criteria's has a shot of getting in.

I think if Geno were to get in, he would be a popular addition and he is still decently requested as you stated. He also has a lot of potentials to pull from and can fit in with others in the game.

Is Geno's inclusion improbable? Definitely, considering his utter lack of importance towards Nintendo, Mario, or Square Enix. But given that he does meet Sakurai's four criteria, I would say he has a slim shot of getting in.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Geno's odds are very slim due to being a minor character that appeared in one game, with said game developed by Squaresoft (nowadays called Square Enix). Not exactly hard to figure out honestly.

D

Deleted member

Geno's odds are very slim due to being a minor character that appeared in one game, with said game developed by Squaresoft (nowadays called Square Enix). Not exactly hard to figure out honestly.

I agree, but my argument wasn't that his chances are high, but that they were less than zero.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno appeared in 2 games, one wasn't made by Square-Enix and didn't have their involvement other than letting Nintendo use Geno

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, when you said SS the first thing I thought of was Skyward Sword, but I realize you meant Superstar Saga.
Another possibility would have been Geno as a nazi

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
LOL, when you said SS the first thing I thought of was Skyward Sword, but I realize you meant Superstar Saga.
have u for got about Groose or how ever u spell it :awesome: u know the other that likes zelda look at him then geno.
but ya I meant superstar saga.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Pokemon fan in my defaulted it to SoulSilver. Nintendo's gotta stop with the SS abbreviation. :laugh:

Wait...he serves a higher authority...the master race...Oh. My. Insert Deity Here...

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Woww that is pretty awesome looking
I've seen a couple other good hacks although some of them aren't finished. The following are the good ones that are brawl related because they've hacked just about anyone you can think of into brawl(naruto, cloud, ichigo):

SkullKid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-UDVJkmL2Y

Shadow:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdNzU8IYGk

Roy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWeBdU1R2E

Knuckle Joe:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HjNivvElk

Zero:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD9NoJq75wI

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I've seen a couple other good hacks although some of them aren't finished. The following are the good ones that are brawl related because they've hacked just about anyone you can think of into brawl(naruto, cloud, ichigo):

SkullKid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-UDVJkmL2Y

Shadow:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdNzU8IYGk

Roy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWeBdU1R2E

Knuckle Joe:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HjNivvElk

Zero:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD9NoJq75wI
ALl really awesome although, I am really interested in Skull Kid and his FS.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I would love to see this in SSB4. Skullkid was my favorite charcter from my favorite game off the N64. And that final smash is just pure awesomely obvious yet original to the charcter. I couldn't imagine a better fitting final smash for Skull Kid.

...Dang I've hijacked this thread lol. Back to the awesomeness that is Geno.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I look forward to when my thread can war with yours.

I mean, assuming your support still EXISTS by then. Will probably dry up in no time.
Look who is winning now, the Ridley thread has him beat by over 6,000 views, your 8,000 and something to his measly 2,000 and something. Besides, everyone says that they want Geno and he is from outer space, but Ridley is a Space Dragon and one of the leaders of the Space Pirates, you can't get more into space than that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look who is winning now, the Ridley thread has him beat by over 6,000 views, your 8,000 and something to his measly 2,000 and something. Besides, everyone says that they want Geno and he is from outer space, but Ridley is a Space Dragon and one of the leaders of the Space Pirates, you can't get more into space than that.
Ok...

Oasis is the creator of the Ridley thread. You aren't going against him by saying that.

And I personally don't care

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Ok...

Oasis is the creator of the Ridley thread. You aren't going against him by saying that.

And I personally don't care
Actually, it isn't Geno that bothers me, its the fact of how many Mario characters there are. I am a huge fan of Metroid, i played Other M, the two gameboy games, the Prime Trilogy, and even a little Super Metroid and original Metroid, but there isn't another metroid rep in Smash.
There are like 6 mario characters in brawl and 1.5 (I think of Zero Suit as a half character because she is totally made up besides her pistol) metroid characters, and i want at least two more metroid characters, ridley and dark samus, in Sm4sh.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, it isn't Geno that bothers me, its the fact of how many Mario characters there are. I am a huge fan of Metroid, i played Other M, the two gameboy games, the Prime Trilogy, and even a little Super Metroid and original Metroid, but there isn't another metroid rep in Smash.
There are like 6 mario characters in brawl and 1.5 (I think of Zero Suit as a half character because she is totally made up besides her pistol) metroid characters, and i want at least two more metroid characters, ridley and dark samus, in Sm4sh.
I'm an old school metroid fan, disliked the American made 1st person shooters.

I'd like Ridley in Brawl.

More than that though, I'm a Mario fan, and like the idea of more of it's character in smash

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I'm an old school metroid fan, disliked the American made 1st person shooters.

I'd like Ridley in Brawl.

More than that though, I'm a Mario fan, and like the idea of more of it's character in smash
The first mario games, like for the NES and the Super Nintendo and even the N64, those were all fun, but then they went off and made like 70 of them that were all just the same thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That wasn't until very recent. I waited a long time before Mario Galaxy, and New Super Mario Wii was fun with the multiplayer

New Super Mario 2 is the only one so far that I have no excitement for.

Top Bottom