• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I could see it happen, yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if Jane is just Ann for Joker's Final Smash or something.
That is what some people in the Joker Thread is thinking.

Man, I am kinda sad that Jane might not be a Persona 5 FeMC. It was really cool to speculate about. But who knows, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I could see it happen, yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if Jane is just Ann for Joker's Final Smash or something.
Ohhhh that actually makes a lot of sense.

Honestly the first character I thought of was Ana from Mother 1 since she has pigtails heh.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So not up to date on things but who is jane? did a new data mine happen?
I put it in a spoiler for those who don't want to see.

So yesterday, a file was discovered named Jane. Initially, it was thought to be Joker's 6th costume, a female alt because it was named Jane and had a ponytail animation. However, if separated, the two files become clear that Jane might be a separate entity from Jack (and Brave). So now we might potentially know three of the five DLC codenames (not counting :ultpiranha:)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I put it in a spoiler for those who don't want to see.

So yesterday, a file was discovered named Jane. Initially, it was thought to be Joker's 6th costume, a female alt because it was named Jane and had a ponytail animation. However, if separated, the two files become clear that Jane might be a separate entity from Jack (and Brave). So now we might potentially know three of the five DLC codenames (not counting :ultpiranha:)
Will new datamines happen for each update that's put out?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Interesting. I don't know code that well, but I can follow this.
It's all good, I've found that the files actually do have the two extensions. The person from the other forum was talking out of their ass.
Here's a screenshot (can click on it to see bigger i think). I pointed out in red the filename so you can see:

Screenshot 2019-02-23 09.47.51.jpg

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's all good, I've found that the files actually do have the two extensions. The person from the other forum was talking out of their ***.
Here's a screenshot (can click on it to see bigger i think). I pointed out in red the filename so you can see:

View attachment 194157
Have to say you accidentally quoting me in the Erdrick thread scared me a little because I've never posted there. Lmao.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Have to say you accidentally quoting me in the Erdrick thread scared me a little because I've never posted there. Lmao.
Lol, yeah not sure how that happened. I was going to edit in the screenshot but couldnt find my post. took me a minute to realize it was somewhere else :p

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...if it's true that "Jane" is a different character, and has a ponytail...well, there is a certain half genie gal that quite a few would like to see.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmm...if it's true that "Jane" is a different character, and has a ponytail...well, there is a certain half genie gal that quite a few would like to see.
Yeah that'd be cool. But it's not a seperate character.
I still want shantae sometime :)

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That Keyblade seems to be a new version of a previous Keyblade, that being the Star Seeker.
Makes sense, yeah. Like I said, it's probably a coincidence. That being said, its ability and Sora displayed using it in a forest? Can... I have some more sources on that because... uhhh?

I'm not gonna take it too seriously, because it's a bit of a stretch, but now I wonder if even Square has Geno on their minds now...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Makes sense, yeah. Like I said, it's probably a coincidence. That being said, its ability and Sora displayed using it in a forest? Can... I have some more sources on that because... uhhh?

I'm not gonna take it too seriously, because it's a bit of a stretch, but now I wonder if even Square has Geno on their minds now...
I won't lie, that is a Keyblade I would imagine Geno using. But I will also note, the form change ability also seems to be a gameplay replacement to KH2's Wisdom Form. The cannon is new though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I won't lie, that is a Keyblade I would imagine Geno using. But I will also note, the form change ability also seems to be a gameplay replacement to KH2's Wisdom Form. The cannon is new though.
The cannon is new?

... Very intredasting...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The cannon is new?

... Very intredasting...
Each from change Keyblade has two forms on top of their base form. Double Arrowguns, while not exactly alike, is very much similar to Wisdom Form in basic gameplay. The Magic Launcher is taking firing magic to the extreme.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's all good, I've found that the files actually do have the two extensions. The person from the other forum was talking out of their ***.

View attachment 194157
Do you think Jane could be Lora Croft?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Do you think Jane could be Lora Croft?
Sorry, I guess I needed to clarify even more?
The file name really is part of jack's costume (aka joker costume #7).
Jane likely has a ponytail, but it's still having to do with joker.

The cannon is new?

... Very intredasting...
Stars, magic, cannon?, forest.. even wisdom sounds like geno, since he can be sage-like.
coincidence? maybe.. but maybe there's a bit of inspiration taken from smrpg somehow.. who knows :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone have that image of Geno standing outside a Wendy's eating a burger?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So thanks to that link earlier, I now know that SMRPG not only had a crap ton of anime pop culture references, but had more sex jokes than I previously knew.

I love Japan.

The reason he uses it in a forest is because you get it after talking to Master Yen Sid at the Mysterious Tower, and then next playable worlds are either Kingdom of Corona or Toy Box. Kingdom of Corona (for worse than better) is mostly forest area, Formchange Extender is an ability basically gives you more time to trigger a Formchange than you would normally have (Formchanges have a limited amout of time to be selected, so Formchange Extender would increase that time from 2 mins to 4 minutes for a random, innaccurate to the game example), and Formchanges are essentially Keyblade transformations unique to each Keyblade (other than the ripoff Keyblades in the game, LOOKING AT YOU HUNNY SPURT!) that you can trigger by beating up enemies enough to fill this Arrow Gauge right above your Command List then pressing Triangle/Y. Formchanges change up how your combos work (Keyblade is now two guns or a hammer or a drill, thus you fight with it differently), sometimes changes how your magic functions and how your dodgeroll/airdash works as well as sometimes your Shotlock, usually does more damage overall and either has a Finisher you can trigger for major damage by yet again pressing Triangle/Y or a second form to achieve via more attacking and then that second form has a Finisher.

Shooting Star's first Formchange is Double Arrowsguns, which is very similar to Wisdom Form except you shoot two guns. This also augments your dodgeroll and airdash to be a simple dash with some invincibility that also fires the guns, and you have a sight mode where you can just open fire at a target with a reticle by holding R2. I believe you also fire magic more like a normal projectile. Your Shotlock changes so when you get max lock-ons you drop from the sky spinning and barrage the enemy with multiple shots. Shooting Star's second Formchange is Magic Launcher, a magic-firing rocket launcher. Your base combo is now a couple of melee attacks with the launcher then firing the launcher at them unless they are far away in which you just fire a couple shots and you keep the ability to once again hold down R2 to fire with a reticle, and the Finisher is just an amped-up shot from the Rocket Launcher that does more damage and has a much bigger range for a true AoE blast.

When completely upgraded, Shooting Star has STR 8, MAG 10 and both Formchange Extender and Magic Treasure Magnet (which works like the regular ability Treasure Magnet, but instead of having to stack multiple of the ability to increase from how far away you can pick up item drops, Magic Treasure Magnet lets you pick them up from any distance with just the one ability equipped).

As a fellow Geno enthusiast who thinks Geno could show up in the next KH game, there is little really tying this Keyblade to Geno, rather tying it to Mickey and how badass he is in KH Lore. It's interesting how it's rather balance between STR and MAG for a magical Keyblade though, and Geno has both good physical and magic damage.

EDIT: I got mostly sniped by EarlTamm EarlTamm but it's all good.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So thanks to that link earlier, I now know that SMRPG not only had a crap ton of anime pop culture references, but had more sex jokes than I previously knew.

I love Japan.

The reason he uses it in a forest is because you get it after talking to Master Yen Sid at the Mysterious Tower, and then next playable worlds are either Kingdom of Corona or Toy Box. Kingdom of Corona (for worse than better) is mostly forest area, Formchange Extender is an ability basically gives you more time to trigger a Formchange than you would normally have (Formchanges have a limited amout of time to be selected, so Formchange Extender would increase that time from 2 mins to 4 minutes for a random, innaccurate to the game example), and Formchanges are essentially Keyblade transformations unique to each Keyblade (other than the ripoff Keyblades in the game, LOOKING AT YOU HUNNY SPURT!) that you can trigger by beating up enemies enough to fill this Arrow Gauge right above your Command List then pressing Triangle/Y. Formchanges change up how your combos work (Keyblade is now two guns or a hammer or a drill, thus you fight with it differently), sometimes changes how your magic functions and how your dodgeroll/airdash works as well as sometimes your Shotlock, usually does more damage overall and either has a Finisher you can trigger for major damage by yet again pressing Triangle/Y or a second form to achieve via more attacking and then that second form has a Finisher.

Shooting Star's first Formchange is Double Arrowsguns, which is very similar to Wisdom Form except you shoot two guns. This also augments your dodgeroll and airdash to be a simple dash with some invincibility that also fires the guns, and you have a sight mode where you can just open fire at a target with a reticle by holding R2. I believe you also fire magic more like a normal projectile. Your Shotlock changes so when you get max lock-ons you drop from the sky spinning and barrage the enemy with multiple shots. Shooting Star's second Formchange is Magic Launcher, a magic-firing rocket launcher. Your base combo is now a couple of melee attacks with the launcher then firing the launcher at them unless they are far away in which you just fire a couple shots and you keep the ability to once again hold down R2 to fire with a reticle, and the Finisher is just an amped-up shot from the Rocket Launcher that does more damage and has a much bigger range for a true AoE blast.

When completely upgraded, Shooting Star has STR 8, MAG 10 and both Formchange Extender and Magic Treasure Magnet (which works like the regular ability Treasure Magnet, but instead of having to stack multiple of the ability to increase from how far away you can pick up item drops, Magic Treasure Magnet lets you pick them up from any distance with just the one ability equipped).

As a fellow Geno enthusiast who thinks Geno could show up in the next KH game, there is little really tying this Keyblade to Geno, rather tying it to Mickey and how badass he is in KH Lore. It's interesting how it's rather balance between STR and MAG for a magical Keyblade though, and Geno has both good physical and magic damage.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Geno showing up in a future KH game is a possibility.

Also, while I did touch upon a lot of this stuff, your more precise detail is very appreciated.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I love Japan.

Ooooh, okay, gotcha. See, I'm totally fandom-blind to KH, so I didn't really know about all of those details. Thanks for clarifying!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm puzzled as to why a Sailor Moon reference got cut out when the show was actually been airing in the West at the time.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Geno showing up in a future KH game is a possibility.

Also, while I did touch upon a lot of this stuff, your more precise detail is very appreciated.
On the downside, we would just have him and Mallow at most, given KH's habit of de-emphasizing the SE character crossover involvement.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I guess I shouldn't question memes :)
Well, too bad, 'cause I've got an explanation for you anyway! :drflip:

This started because Wendy's responded to someone tweeting them about Smash Bros., with Wendy's going out of their way to mention Geno. The original respondent hadn't brought him up, but Wendy's namedropped him. That resulted in... this.

It's amazing, a true work of art.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, too bad, 'cause I've got an explanation for you anyway! :drflip:

This started because Wendy's responded to someone tweeting them about Smash Bros., with Wendy's going out of their way to mention Geno. The original respondent hadn't brought him up, but Wendy's namedropped him. That resulted in... this.

It's amazing, a true work of art.
Huh I hadn't heard about that. geno fans at wendy's?

That settles it, smrpg project meetings should probably be held at wendy's ;p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On the downside, we would just have him and Mallow at most, given KH's habit of de-emphasizing the SE character crossover involvement.
Actually, I have a feeling that the treatment of SE characters will be changing very soon. But yeah, I imagine we would be just getting Geno when it comes to KH. Maybe Mallow if we are lucky, as I feel like they would want to avoid getting too close to the Mario connection.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Ooooh, okay, gotcha. See, I'm totally fandom-blind to KH, so I didn't really know about all of those details. Thanks for clarifying!
TFW you checked online to make sure you were right and you could've just linked a video showing off the Keyblade. :/

Thanks for the appreciation though, lots of people like to 'show-off' stuff but I feel like they end up missing stuff in the excitement, thus I took a text-based meticulous approach.

I REALLY do think Geno could show up in future KH content since Square seems to be both upping the different amounts of Square franchises and lessening the Disney content by the looks of that Secret Ending, and while I don't think we would get a SMRPG world or Geno as a permanent companion, I think it would be kinda like Traverse Town or Hollow Bastion/Radiant Gardens where the characters don't truly fit in that world but they stay there. Geno is knowledgeable about events and could be a companion for a similar world but stay there to gather more intel or fight back the darkness while Sora has to leave, or they could even both leave and Geno shows up again later.

Fun fact about my Geno fan-ness, I may have mentioned it before, but I actually recorded a video on SMRPG...and by recorded a video, I mean I had a VHS player and I had my SNES connected through it so I recorded SMRPG footage onto a random video tape that probably had something more important on it. I think it was even a VHS player/TV hybrid, but anyway...

I lost the tape long ago, but if I remember correctly I recorded the entire intro to the game (something that if I went back to and stuck to creating Let's Play content, I would still do for each first episode. The idea is that before I say or play anything, I let the game introduce itself, and if we are honest that intro before title screens in games are some of the most epic stuff), everyone's special moves as well as what I thought was their best weapons (I know better now, I never got that beanstalk secret before), the song you make with Toadofsky as well as one I made on tape, spinning on the flowers and other memorable platforming moments, one of the Starman locations and how it worked in the game, as well as dialogue with certain characters I enjoyed and I think Yo'ster Isle.

I'm sure there were other things but it's been so long I can't remember. However, if they ever release a remake or sequel to SMRPG I'm going to break my oath of never doing content again and I'll do a series on SMRPG.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Actually, I have a feeling that the treatment of SE characters will be changing very soon. But yeah, I imagine we would be just getting Geno when it comes to KH. Maybe Mallow if we are lucky, as I feel like they would want to avoid getting too close to the Mario connection.
Considering Mallow has ties to nimbus creatures that have already existed and been implicated at in the Mario series pre-SMRPG, I don't know if they could manage more than a reference to him. Geno is based on stars, which is definitely more flexible without coming too close to being explicitly Mario.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Considering Mallow has ties to nimbus creatures that have already existed and been implicated at in the Mario series pre-SMRPG, I don't know if they could manage more than a reference to him. Geno is based on stars, which is definitely more flexible without coming too close to being explicitly Mario.
That is my thought process as well. And while I won't spoil what it is, let's just say that there is a pretty big thing in KH3 that is very linked with stars and would be a great connection to a KH version of Geno.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
That is my thought process as well. And while I won't spoil what it is, let's just say that there is a pretty big thing in KH3 that is very linked with stars and would be a great connection to a KH version of Geno.
My brain was wracking to figure out what you were talking about, because my brain could only remember 'Every star is a world, and when a star goes out it's a world disappearing' lore for KH, then I remembered the back-end of KH3.

Without spoiling, let's see if I get it. If I'm right, it does come up near the end of the game.

Regarding a certain smaller world that has an amazing premise but feels like it maybe should have been explored more or it's meaning a bit deeper.

A world that held a certain blondie messenger we all know and love.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My brain was wracking to figure out what you were talking about, because my brain could only remember 'Every star is a world, and when a star goes out it's a world disappearing' lore for KH, then I remembered the back-end of KH3.

Without spoiling, let's see if I get it. If I'm right, it does come up near the end of the game.

Regarding a certain smaller world that has an amazing premise but feels like it maybe should have been explored more or it's meaning a bit deeper.

A world that held a certain blondie messenger we all know and love.
Yup, you are right on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom