• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So I thought about something.
In the code it says stuff about there maybe being a female joker alt right? Then how come no insiders knew about that? How does no one know a single thing about Joker STILL. But everything about Erdrick and Steve?
Because the data is part of loads of string dumps that may or may not be leftover data.

The Joker thing is probably nothing more than his Dancing Star Night Costume. People are blowing this way out of proportion. (If this amounts to something at all, and isn’t like the whole thing about the L02 stage)

Oh no.
It coudl be, but that costume doesn't really fit what they found. Altho, they could have multiple hairstyles, who knows rly. It's cool to wonder about.
gotta go, (cant reply until much later or tomorow.)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Funnily enough, the big reason it started to trend was because people were predicting that the trend would start up again and then started to comment about how it was trending. Sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. I have only really seen one art piece that depicted the idea, and it is actually quite wholesome and not what you would expect.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The Joker thing is probably nothing more than his Dancing Star Night Costume. People are blowing this way out of proportion. (If this amounts to something at all, and isn’t like the whole thing about the L02 stage)

Oh no.
That would actually make little sense. His dancing star costume doesn't feature him in a pony tail at all, and the way the model is referred to is pretty clearly indicative of the presence of model bones for a pony tail. That being said, it could also be Ann being present for an All-Out Attack FS, but with what we know, it doesn't make any sense, being placed among alt costumes. Then again, its even numbering with the alts doesn't make much sense, either, so who knows.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well from what I hear about Sakurai and company apparently having a surplus of time and money for this DLC pass, I wouldn't be surprised.

D

Deleted member

So I thought about something.
In the code it says stuff about there maybe being a female joker alt right? Then how come no insiders knew about that? How does no one know a single thing about Joker STILL. But everything about Erdrick and Steve?
I mean, apart from saying Erdrick is in with a female alt costume, not many people worth a biscuit really expand on what else is included. At minimum, an insider or leaker is supposed to tell you who is in and leave it be. Interestingly, the 5chan leak that only leaked Joker and Erdrick said Mementos would be a stage, and that's true. Mementos is a stage given the code. I would say it depends on what info is heard rather then what isn't.

Plus we're also assuming the "Jane" costume is a female alt immediately, which is strange given how skeptical and open we were to who Brave might be. I say don't jump the gun on Jane. Could just be a costume like the Dancing Star Night cross dressing thing, or it could just be a weird way to make a code for an alt color.

E: This post from the Square Enix thread is my biggest reason to hold off assuming what Jane is. Our information right now involving Jane and Persona 5 R in general is too limited to begin making valid assumptions.
In any event, about 'Jane', we are not in any position to know what it means or could be. If it's a female alt, why is it only on a color that would be occupied by Male Joker? Gender swaps alternate colors, that means male Joker would take up C00, C02, C04 and C06 while a female Joker would take up C01, C03, C05 and C07. This 'Jane' code was found on C06. There's oddities with this discovery that shouldn't be ignored. While I won't deny that a female option in P5R is a possibility, changing Joker's gender is not that easy for a game like Persona, especially considering the context of the first Act of P5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Frankly, none of the renowned insiders have even been backing up Erdrick or anything Dragon Quest in Smash.
True in terms of renowned. Jon, Ryce, and Polar's source haven't said anything on Erdrick. That being said, though, Tansut backs him up, which I still think is noteworthy. Does it mean he's definite, though? Nope. Nothing is until the fat cow sings.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Depends on who you classify as ambiguously trustworthy. I don't want to get into another debate over who is trustworthy.
I said renowned. Also, Vergeben isn't an insider. He's a leaker. Tansut, while being an actual decent and nice person, isn't an insider either, or renowned due to his track record of one single, ambiguously worded leak that came the same day as its announcement.

As for the renowned insiders with track records and confirmed credibility, regarding Minecraft, there have been actual vocal doubts. And as for Erdrick? Nothing said from any of them.

D

Deleted member

I said renowned. Also, Vergeben isn't an insider. He's a leaker. Tansut, while being an actual decent and nice person, isn't an insider either, or renowned due to his track record of one single, ambiguously worded leak that came the same day as its announcement.

As for the renowned insiders with track records and confirmed credibility, regarding Minecraft, there have been actual vocal doubts. And as for Erdrick? Nothing said from any of them.
Aah. Insiders and leakers are interchangeable to me sometimes. My bad.

E: Edited my original post.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It coudl be, but that costume doesn't really fit what they found. Altho, they could have multiple hairstyles, who knows rly. It's cool to wonder about.
gotta go, (cant reply until much later or tomorow.)
That would actually make little sense. His dancing star costume doesn't feature him in a pony tail at all, and the way the model is referred to is pretty clearly indicative of the presence of model bones for a pony tail. That being said, it could also be Ann being present for an All-Out Attack FS, but with what we know, it doesn't make any sense, being placed among alt costumes. Then again, its even numbering with the alts doesn't make much sense, either, so who knows.
You guys should keep in mind that we know nothing. For all we know what is labeled as ‘ponytail’ isn’t even a ponytail, but a shorthand for female hair. Or they gave his DSN costume a ponytail to make it easier on the dev team. Or this is all fake or misunderstood.

The little data that we have can be made to fit so many things it’s not even worth discussing.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Do you know what was also trending for a while after this was announced?

Doug Bowsette
And to this day, I still have no clue why she even became a hit meme. I only found the meme to be funny once and never found it to be funny ever again. The original meme of Bowsette is great, but all the others that are recreating it or doing fan art of Bowsette get old after a while. And they brought it back to life? Poor Doug... he's really in for a lot of fan art now.
Excuse me what’s this about a female Joker, if true than YES PLEASE.
>Is Bi
Well **** I can’t compete now can I. :4pacman:
>Female Ninten
I am confused but at the same time very interested in what she’d look like.
Took me a while to realize this, but I thought you username was always and said "The Angrygriffin".

Well, there goes me always imagining your comments being in a sarcastic/pissed voice of Peter Griffin down the drain. :/

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And to this day, I still have no clue why she even became a hit meme. I only found the meme to be funny once and never found it to be funny ever again. The original meme of Bowsette is great, but all the others that are recreating it or doing fan art of Bowsette get old after a while. And they brought it back to life? Poor Doug... he's really in for a lot of fan art now.
I don't think being funny was the trends goal. It worked for it, as it lasted almost a month compared to the average meme's lifespan of a week.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Took me a while to realize this, but I thought you username was always and said "The Angrygriffin".

Well, there goes me always imagining your comments being in a sarcastic/pissed voice of Peter Griffin down the drain. :/

LMAO! Your comment just made my day dude.

And yeah it’s Anigriffin. The Ani is short for “Animation” because I ****ing love animation and griffin is because it’s my IRL nickname and I also really really like griffins. I came up with it back in a Graphic Design class I took in highschool and it just kinda stuck.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
LMAO! Your comment just made my day dude.

And yeah it’s Anigriffin. The Ani is short for “Animation” because I ****ing love animation and griffin is because it’s my IRL nickname and I also really really like griffins. I came up with it back in a Graphic Design class I took in highschool and it just kinda stuck.
I thought "Ani" in your name was short for Annie and griffin was for "GRYFFENDOHR", but being short for ANImation is pretty unique.
Well, I like your name origin, The Animation-Griffin. ;)
I don't think being funny was the trends goal. It worked for it, as it lasted almost a month compared to the average meme's lifespan of a week.
It lasted a month because it was involved in Rule 34.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I thought "Ani" in your name was short for Annie and griffin was for "GRYFFENDOHR", but being short for ANImation is pretty unique.
Well, I like your name origin, The Animation-Griffin. ;)
That’s funny because I actually am a Gryffindor. :D

And Ani kinda ended up becoming another nickname in Laxcord since everyone ended up calling me that there heh...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Posting from the Banjo thread. But
People are starting to say that Jane might actually be another DLC codename. That means a female character probably. Meaning any leak that has all male characters might be fake.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
People are starting to say that Jane might actually be another DLC codename. That means a female character probably. Meaning any leak that has all male characters might be fake.
Considering its location, I wouldn't be too sure, but on the off-chance that it is, I wonder what we could relate the name Jane to. The fact that it's literally the dullest name a la a Jane Doe makes it far harder to guess for.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Has this been legitimately proven?
Considering its location, I wouldn't be too sure, but on the off-chance that it is, I wonder what we could relate the name Jane to. The fact that it's literally the dullest name a la a Jane Doe makes it far harder to guess for.
Well, it's very likely they have a ponytail, so there is that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Could refer to this fella:

908FFF3F-0EA8-4ECB-9984-A7100ED8D0C4.png

On a serious note: it could be literally anyone at this point

Isn't Jane used specifically in reference to "C06?" If so, why would people assume it's a another separate DLC character?

Eric2625

Smash Cadet
The possibility of "jane" being another dlc character interests me,i just hope we don't have another ryu and roy leak

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Who is the one of best known female detective in the world?
Miss Jane Marple.
Who is the cutie with a ponytail from Nintendo's legendary detective game?
;)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The possibility of "jane" being another dlc character interests me,i just hope we don't have another ryu and roy leak
I'm probably one of the only ones, but if Geno gets in at any point, I'd want to know ASAP, even if through a huge leak. I just want him to be confirmed or denied at this point because this is driving me cuh-razy.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just want Brave revealed man.

Edit: Also is it possible for ponytail to be pigtails or nah?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom