• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Personally I have a hard time believing steve or doomguy would get in smash. Not that they're not popular. but just saying.
Steve could work in Smash, but recent stuffs have made me think Banjo's chances have risen.

Doomguy could too, maybe, but idk what they'd do for a stage (I've never played Doom).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The 5ch one said Steve and Doomguy would be announced at e3. Dont think it was specified when ryu would be.

Personally I have a hard time believing steve or doomguy would get in smash. Not that they're not popular. but just saying.
For me, it's getting both at once when historically, Smash has been shy about adding Western third party content.

It's one thing if we do get one this time. Two? For the same pass? Pretty unlikely,

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Steve could work in Smash, but recent stuffs have made me think Banjo's chances have risen.
If it was between steve and banjo, I really dont know who I'd rather have. Probably banjo just because i know more fans of him for smash. But I've really lost my nostalgia for him, I would maybe even not buy either.

For me, it's getting both at once when historically, Smash has been shy about adding Western third party content.

It's one thing if we do get one this time. Two? For the same pass? Pretty unlikely,
I mean, it would be quite a reveal for e3, people could find that cool. But how the hell would someone have the info not only for 5 characters but when they'd be released this far in advance and all that. It just seems pretty unlikely.

I wonder if nintendo would even know the full schedule of all the dlc characters. I mean, maybe they would, but 1 person knowing all that info, now that's weird.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wow. That's like saying you want to stab me in the feelings, oh yeah, you did and it hurts... :crying:
Ehh. I thought I made it clear enough that it's just me. I used to love banjo in the n64 days. part of my childhood. I remember having fun with the secrets too, and more, but now i dont feel much of anything for the character. You can like him if you want :) Do you?

Also, sorry for double-posting. that's strange i thought for sure someone had posted.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I mean, it would be quite a reveal for e3, people could find that cool. But how the hell would someone have the info not only for 5 characters but when they'd be released this far in advance and all that. It just seems pretty unlikely.

I wonder if nintendo would even know the full schedule of all the dlc characters. I mean, maybe they would, but 1 person knowing all that info, now that's weird.
Joker isn't even finished either. I'm pretty sure only the higher-ups at Nintendo know the DLC characters and wouldn't tell it to their employees. But I doubt all the DLC characters are finished because it was even explained in the 50-fact extravaganza that one character takes months to make, and if all the DLC characters were finished already, I'm pretty sure they'd be released all at once or within 6 months.
Ehh. I thought I made it clear enough that it's just me. I used to love banjo in the n64 days. part of my childhood. I remember having fun with the secrets too, and more, but now i dont feel much of anything for the character. You can like him if you want :) Do you?

Also, sorry for double-posting. that's strange i thought for sure someone had posted.
I know, I've just never seen anyone care if Banjo got in or not, even if he did get in, you won't care to try him out. lol

And of course I do, he's been wanted since Melee and I'd be happy for his fans if he finally got in after all these years. I recently just played Banjo-Kazooie and I thought it was fun, so I'd love to see Banjo & Kazooie join the best crossover in history.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wow. That's like saying you want to stab me in the feelings, oh yeah, you did and it hurts... :crying:
People have different tastes, regardless of how against the norm they are. And sometimes those tastes can change over time. There's nothing inherently wrong about someone changing their mind about something.

Well, that, and not all of us have the best people skills.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
That's a really good point. I mean, I feel like at a certain level on the Nintendo hierarchy there have to be people who know each of the DLC characters because they were involved in making those deals. I just question how high on the ladder people have to be to know things other than office rumors. I think people at the third party companies who are going to have reps don't know about other characters hence why no one even had a hint about Joker yet we got a list of 7 SE characters.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Probably too late on the topic since this thread moves so fast (which is awesome btw since it demonstrates just how strong the community supporting Geno is), but here is my 2 cents on Geno's classic mode:

There were some really awesome suggestions, but I would suggest merging some of the suggestions so that Geno has to fight characters that represent boss fights/scenarios for the seven stars... There are seven Classic mode rounds and seven stars!!

For example,

- Maybe Joker or a Sword user for Mack the Knife
- Dark Pit or Pit for Bowyer the Bow
- A Purple Lil Mac (??) for Punchinello
- Rosalina and Luma for the 4th Star on Star Hill
- ??? (No spear users, sadly) for Yardovich the Spear
- Ridley and 5 multi-colored Captain Falcons for the Czar Dragon and Axem Rangers
- Galleom for Smithy

Although I agree a purple K. Rool for Croco and red Wario for Booster are great suggestions!! Oh and Palutena and King Dedede for Valentina and Dodo would be hilarious.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Probably too late on the topic since this thread moves so fast (which is awesome btw since it demonstrates just how strong the community supporting Geno is), but here is my 2 cents on Geno's classic mode:

There were some really awesome suggestions, but I would suggest merging some of the suggestions so that Geno has to fight characters that represent boss fights/scenarios for the seven stars... There are seven Classic mode rounds and seven stars!!

For example,

- Maybe Joker or a Sword user for Mack the Knife
- Dark Pit or Pit for Bowyer the Bow
- A Purple Lil Mac (??) for Punchinello
- Rosalina and Luma for the 4th Star on Star Hill
- ??? (No spear users, sadly) for Yardovich the Spear
- Ridley and 5 multi-colored Captain Falcons for the Czar Dragon and Axem Rangers
- Galleom for Smithy

Although I agree a purple K. Rool for Croco and red Wario for Booster are great suggestions!! Oh and Palutena and King Dedede for Valentina and Dodo would be hilarious.
Could probably wing Corrin for Yaridovich, since their sword can be used as a spear in their move set.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's a really good point. I mean, I feel like at a certain level on the Nintendo hierarchy there have to be people who know each of the DLC characters because they were involved in making those deals. I just question how high on the ladder people have to be to know things other than office rumors. I think people at the third party companies who are going to have reps don't know about other characters hence why no one even had a hint about Joker yet we got a list of 7 SE characters.
The only people of high enough level in the hierarchy we can be sure of knowing the characters are Reggie and that one guy who went "oh man, I wouldn't miss these characters for the world!", I forget his name.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I have a crazy theory that maybe the seven Square characters were on the list Sakurai chose from. Nintendo put all those names down and then Sakurai chose a Square character from that list. (I know, I'm out of my mind and most likely false).

But back to the topic, of all the Square characters out there that are MORE relevant and popular, guess who was able to land on that list? Yep.
Geno and Crono.

Also, before we knew the list, them hearing about "seven" Square characters was already enough to get me; I thought that would hint Geno because of SMRPG: Legend of the SEVEN Stars.

D

Deleted member

I have a crazy theory that maybe the seven Square characters were on the list Sakurai chose from. Nintendo put all those names down and then Sakurai chose a Square character from that list. (I know, I'm out of my mind and most likely false).

But back to the topic, of all the Square characters out there that are MORE relevant and popular, guess who was able to land on that list? Yep.
Geno and Crono.

Also, before we knew the list, them hearing about "seven" Square characters was already enough to get me; I thought that would hint Geno because of SMRPG: Legend of the SEVEN Stars.
Legend of the SEVEN STARS heh, funny.

Seven as in Seven characters and Stars as in popular characters, Definitely not a hint but funny non the less.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Very random question. You guys think all the DLC fighters will have the same number of music tracks?

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
Very random question. You guys think all the DLC fighters will have the same number of music tracks?
That's a good question so I'm on the fence really. I wanna say yeah so it's equal value but at the same time no because lets just say one is a Mario character. I would sure hope a character from a new series like Joker would get more music than a character of an existing series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think they would vary depending on whether they are first party or third party, then depending on which specific third party. If we get an SE character in the pass (with the exception of Geno, and, if you want to count him as one, Sora), then I wouldn't expect they come with many songs

D

Deleted member

Nah. It depends on how much they can get and how much they want to do. FF 7 got two tracks and Bayonetta had over 5 in Smash 4. Just look nowadays at current third party representation. Castlevania, the new blood, got 34 tracks while Sonic probably just now got 34 tracks.

D

Deleted member

Absolutely not, As others have said it depends on if they're first party or Third cause the former would get more than the latter cause the former is Nintendo Owned. And let's say all of them are Third Party I would expect a character like Banjo would get more Music than an SE rep cause Microsoft isn't as scummy as they are. So I say absolutely not.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I agree with others that they won't.

Characters like Joker, Ryu H., Lloyd, and Doomguy might have a comparable amount to Bayonetta's introduction, maybe more, but likely less than 10.

Characters like Banjo & Kazooie (I hope) come with an amount similar to Castlevania, Street Fighter, and Mega Man, which are all largely known for their music. Banjo and Kazooie are also named after musical instruments and collect musical notes, so music is a big deal in that series.

Erdrick would likely come with a very limited number of tracks despite the orchestrated track's acclaim. Square is really stingy and the composer is controversial, so I'm not sure if they will even want to put a lot of his work in the game or if it will be original or altered tracks.

I imagine Geno would probably come with a moderate amount, possibly 10 or a little more. Nothing too crazy like Castlevania, but not as bad as Final Fantasy. It's a Mario game afterall, so they might push square to give up a fair number of tracks.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
So guys, apart from Smash and SMRPG, what other games do you like?

Here's a preemptive 10/10 for a game where Geno returns as a playable character and not a spirit or mii costume.

But actually, I'm quite fine with the mii costume. Everyone here seemed so worked up about it, but it's better something than nothing, though it'd be a hard blow to our morale.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Here's a preemptive 10/10 for a game where Geno returns as a playable character and not a spirit or mii costume.

But actually, I'm quite fine with the mii costume. Everyone here seemed so worked up about it, but it's better something than nothing, though it'd be a hard blow to our morale.
I mean, there's a ****load of games I like. To stick with some of my favorites though: Majora's Mask, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Shovel Knight, Halo Reach, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun 1 and especially 2, Bayonetta 1...

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Here's a way too long list.

Super Mario World
StarFox 64
F-Zero GX
Paper Mario N64
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokémon RSE/ORAS (also the main Pokémon series in general)
Punch-Out!! Wii
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Classic Mega Man series
Mega Man X series
The first Donkey Kong Country
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
The Ace Attorney series, but especially Trials and Tribulations

And more...

D

Deleted member

Games I really love?

Fire Emblem was my **** before I got bored from burnout. I'm looking forward to Three Houses and what it'll do for the series.

I really dig Punch Out. It really encourages me to learn patterns and practically read the code to overcome trials. Beating Mike Tyson is an accomplishment to me. Will do Super Punch Out.

Really had fun with the Batman Arkham series for when they were a thing.

Shoutout to the Bomberman series for always being a good free-for-all experience or a casual single-player game.

I'm getting into the Indie scene as of recent. I've so far dug Celeste, Shovel Knight, and Freedom Planet. They're great times for what they were working with. Will be playing Shantae & the Pirate's Curse and A Hat In Time when I can.

I get a feeling I'll love games like Metal Gear Solid and Cuphead for when I have the means to play them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Oh, no. Don't even get me started. I have a lot of love for video gaming as a whole, and I love a lot of games and game series. Some specific favorites of mine are Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine (bite me), pretty much every generation of Pokemon besides 6 (although ORAS was tiiiight), Yoshi's Island (and Yoshi's Story! Bite! Me!!), the DKCs (especially 2), Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie and -Tooie, Paper Mario 64 + TTYD, Terraria, Undertale / Deltarune, Pilotwings 64 (my first video game ever), Sonic Adventure 2 (like, diehard fan of SA2)... and so on.

I'm so obviously a Nintendo fangirl that it isn't funny. Only recently have I started getting other consoles, such as an Xbox 360 a few years ago and a gifted PS4.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah! Terraria is also a great time! Hard mode is a pain sometimes but damn is it one of the funner experiences I've had with gaming, and half of it is probably walking around and digging. Probably why I'm lenient about Minecraft being in Smash Bros lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, no. Don't even get me started. I have a lot of love for video gaming as a whole, and I love a lot of games and game series. Some specific favorites of mine are Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine (bite me), pretty much every generation of Pokemon besides 6 (although ORAS was tiiiight), Yoshi's Island (and Yoshi's Story! Bite! Me!!), the DKCs (especially 2), Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie and -Tooie, Paper Mario 64 + TTYD, Terraria, Undertale / Deltarune, Pilotwings 64 (my first video game ever), Sonic Adventure 2 (like, diehard fan of SA2)... and so on.

I'm so obviously a Nintendo fangirl that it isn't funny. Only recently have I started getting other consoles, such as an Xbox 360 a few years ago and a gifted PS4.
Sunshine is great. I like it a lot more than Galaxy, too. It's bright and has so much in it.

I won't even try listing games I like, there's just too many. Nintendo and Square Enix definitely have a lot of them tho :)

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oh yeah! Terraria is also a great time! Hard mode is a pain sometimes but damn is it one of the funner experiences I've had with gaming, and half of it is probably walking around and digging. Probably why I'm lenient about Minecraft being in Smash Bros lol.
Eh. It's okay. It's just decent. I wouldn't sink too many hours into it. I'd never...

... ever... d-do that...

Oh my god, the time I've wasted...

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Bruh, Bolderousness just listed the pros because of a previous discussion. Very Good post but you skipped the entire context of Bolderousness' post
His previous discussion was with me and that wall he made was a reply to me. Thus I replied back because he honestly thinks everything he listed is some sort of evidence for Erdrick when in reality Erdrick has no more going for him right now than anyone else.

Also I assume everyone has heard about the Mementos datamine as of now?

https://twitter.com/DrHyperCake/status/1098341121170665473

If not, or if I missed it, it basically confirms that Joker's stage is gonna be Mementos...and now with what Tansut has said about the 5chan leak that mentioned Erdrick and female alts, everyone thinks Erdrick is confirmed yet again.

Man Tansut barely has credibility, why do people immediately assume the worst?

D

Deleted member

You mean... there are people who have played Terraria even more than I have?

Those people exist?

You exist?!? :drfacepalm:
I've been on and off and switched Steam accounts. Been playing since I was like 12. Record shows I played 117 hours but it was definitely more than that. At least it felt like it was 800.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I'm getting into the Indie scene as of recent. I've so far dug Celeste, Shovel Knight, and Freedom Planet. They're great times for what they were working with. Will be playing Shantae & the Pirate's Curse and A Hat In Time when I can
For indies, I think you all know what I'm gonna say. Say it with me guys:

Hollow Knight.

Play that one. I mention it a lot on this thread and I know it's annoying but it's such an immersive experience and I'd say it's no doubt top 3 Switch games. I wish more people on this thread have played it since it's so streamlined at every corner but hey, at least everyone here likes Mother :p

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is pretty good, just don't play Half Genie Hero. That one took a Kirby Star Allies approach and ended up feeling a little too easy.

And guys guess what? I'm finally back above 3.5 million. Haven't played the game much today but still gotta be as high up in the ranks as possible. Gotta make sure people know the power of Geno in my pfp.

D

Deleted member

For indies, I think you all know what I'm gonna say. Say it with me guys:

Hollow Knight.

Play that one. I mention it a lot on this thread and I know it's annoying but it's such an immersive experience and I'd say it's no doubt top 3 Switch games. I wish more people on this thread have played it since it's so streamlined at every corner but hey, at least everyone here likes Mother :p

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is pretty good, just don't play Half Genie Hero. That one took a Kirby Star Allies approach and ended up feeling a little too easy.
Hollow Knight is on the list. I think what makes it come later in time for my list is its known challenge and length. If I sit down, I know I'll play until the end and that might take some time. On the plus side, it's on the Switch so I don't have to wait until I'm back home to play it.

Also yeah. Half Genie has amazing presentation but it looks too simple compared to what I've seen of Pirate's Curse. I'm generally going off of Somecallmejohnny when it comes to Shantae.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Well, you guessed it.

Just kidding. Here's what I like and play on my free time, and I'll give you everything I can remember. Here's EVERYTHING, excluding Super Mario RPG and Super Smash Brothers games on all consoles:

If you made it all the way down here, congratulations. And no, I'm not putting 3DS and Wii U on here, sorry. This is already enough as we know it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-The Mother Trilogy (Especially Mother 3)
-Mario Kart Series
-Paper Mario
-Paper Mario TTYD
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Banjo-Tooie
-Minecraft (I mostly put Minecraft here due to Nostalgia)
-Pokemon
-Zelda
-Fire Emblem
-Xenoblade 2

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I would add Tales of Vesperia to my list, but I am stuck in a particular spot that is driving me crazy and I'm not sure how to get around it. :(

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
- DKC 2 is my all time favorite. DKC 3 was great too.

- Rare games like Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo & Kazooie/Tooie, Starfox Adventures, Conker's BFD, Killer Instinct, and DK 64.

- Other than that, my other favorites include Psychonauts, MGS: Snake Eater, Darkstalkers, Okami, MK Double Dash, Rachet and Clank, MvC2, the Guilty Gear series, all classic Mega Man games, and I have an unhealthy addiction to Pokemon haha... With Gold being my favorite of the franchise.

I guess I really like fighting games and platformers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom