• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 - Who's going?/Smash 64 Group Discussion

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Thanks man. This is just the primer stage. I sanded the whole thing down so there is no texture. When finished it will look like it is made of glass.

I work for an airline, trust me you will be fine at airport security :). When we get there show me how you did your LED's (or link me to something).
ill show u through a rough diagram about the LED's i guess; and as it turns out, i totally f'd up the gloss earlier today on my painted n64 so it looks completely terrible, i probably will only bring my standard black one as it would take too much wet-sanding in such a short time to fix what i wrecked. :sadeyes:

the same time constraints arise when transfering ALL of the LED's the way i'd want to so ill just replace the power LED with a blue one....feelsbadman.:(

EDIT:ive been playing on my regular n64 [before and after the LED swap] for a while today and it started freezing regularly after the first few hours of 'no problems' time every 10min, not going to bring it now...LAME that its started freezing, never happened to me with any console except a left-in-the-rain gbc.
i will still bring my gameshark and american+japanese copies of ssb along with my 2 usb adapters, usb video capture device and a 250gb portable[all power thru usb] usb hdd that i recently formatted, its fully clear(besides the device software and drivers+PJ64[winxp and vista]) and ready to record any and everything possible till its filled.

TL;DR: not bringing console. instead i'll bring (U) and (J) cartridges+gameshark, 2adapters and vid capture card.

EDIT2: prob not bringing adapters now....dunno yet, before i go to bed i made a fast youtube vid FOR NO REASON. there is the BLUE LED swapped n64. cant bring freezey stuff like this to Genesis2. lmao was intended to show boom but he logged off smashboards so...yea.
YouTube
if anyone has a fast fix for n64 freezes like that, which i can somehow do before i go to the airport, ill try it, hail mary of a chance though...

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Im bring a N64 and two vcrs for recording. I think we will end up useing them to record so there is no controller delay. Alot of capture cards will have delay unless you got a really good laptop or payed alot of money for a good capture card.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
B-rex and I are getting on our flight right now. Call me around 5:00 and let us know where smash64 is happening! 480-274-4638

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling so jealous right now. If there's another Genesis, you can expect me there, 100%. My smash community will not lose this chance again.

Anyway, I hope you all have fun. I'm expecting a lot of videos. Even some off-screen videos would be nice. Good luck :)

Also, it'd probably be nice if someone closed this thread after Genesis is done and you guys make an "After-Genesis" thread. It'd be easier if the OP was someone who went so they can organize things a lot better.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I know boom played tigerbombz a couple of days ago. He said so on the server. Are there going to be updates for the 64 tourneys anywhere?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
were in the second round of singles, everyone has been outside the venue for like 2hours installing the projector, pretty gay. Were outside talking in the shade

edit: haven't started doubles either. Was no ssb64 at the venue for friday all day, not even 1 tv.

Sangoku

Smash Master
We want to have news, like who played who in friendlies. How is the tourney going, who is winning etc.

Also what matches are being recorded.

edit: oops didn't refresh the page and didn't see nova's reply. Makes my post useless.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is playing Smash in the hotel room right now, and Isai vs Boom grand finals are taking place as I post this. Videos to look forward to:

Kefit vs Jaime in a down to the wire best of five extraveganza.
Isai vs Boom in the Luigi power hour of doom.
Isai vs Jaime in the Yoshi Saturday cartoon morning special.
Isai vs Boom again in the Yoshi and Jigglypuff prime time reality series.
The above mentioned Smash players beating up random other players who I can't remember off the top of my head and who identifying is going to be a pain in the *** because we weren't keeping very careful track of things!!
And maybe more!

The venue and the portion of the tournament that took place at it was a mess, but whatever. Now it's pure good Smash times.

EDIT: Boom vs Isai grand finals now on match five of five of set one.
EDIT 2: Boom vs Isai grand finals now on their second set.

xx0EleMenT0xx

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is playing Smash in the hotel room right now, and Isai vs Boom grand finals are taking place as I post this. Videos to look forward to:

Kefit vs Jaime in a down to the wire best of five extraveganza.
Isai vs Boom in the Luigi power hour of doom.
Isai vs Jaime in the Yoshi Saturday cartoon morning special.
Isai vs Boom again in the Yoshi and Jigglypuff prime time reality series.
The above mentioned Smash players beating up random other players who I can't remember off the top of my head and who identifying is going to be a pain in the *** because we weren't keeping very careful track of things!!
And maybe more!

The venue and the portion of the tournament that took place at it was a mess, but whatever. Now it's pure good Smash times.

EDIT: Boom vs Isai grand finals now on match five of five of set one.
EDIT 2: Boom vs Isai grand finals now on their second set.

Sweet let us know who wins this!

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
By the way I hope you guys like camping.

EDIT: Isai vs Boom grand finals, set two match five.

EDIT 2: AND THE WINNER IS:

BOOM

1) Boom
2) Isai
3) Jaime
4) Kefit
5-???) ??? (we'll see if we can find the bracket or something I guess)

Isai will be uploading the videos when he gets the chance. Look forward to ****ing long ****ing videos. Of camping. Because boom was playing on Hyrule.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
these sound like great matches, cant wait to watch. I knew boom was gonna win

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't this be the second time Boom beat Isai in a tourney? Boom the new North American champ?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
YO guys I just got back home from this. It was alot of fun getting to play everyone and meet new players GGS everyone.

I dont think teams ever happend.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
YO guys I just got back home from this. It was alot of fun getting to play everyone and meet new players GGS everyone.

I dont think teams ever happend.
It's disapointed that no one set up a teams bracket. Care to share more information? Like, how many entered?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Half droped out cuase of us being unable to get 1v1's done in time (we had to get them done at the hotel). We where kick out of Genesis 2 for two hours on Saturday for them to set up some dumb stage thing if we did not get kicked out we could of done teams.

But we did get alot of friendlies in and there is some really good matches to look foward to that where recorded.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
don't anyone who was there post abot the final set, it's so worth it to watch as soon as isai posts it up. Ggs

Top Bottom