• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 - Who's going?/Smash 64 Group Discussion

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
It was very fun! I didn't get too many friendlies in, though. The majority of the time was spent playing Pokemon Puzzle League.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Going to California to the biggest smash 64 tournament in North American history to play Pokémon Puzzle League.

To each his own.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Going to California to the biggest smash 64 tournament in North American history to play Pokémon Puzzle League.

To each his own.
You know, the melee players could say the same thing to the 64 players.

"Going to California to the biggest Melee tournament in North American history to play Smash 64.

To each his own."

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Puzzle League is the main reason I went to Genesis. There were two really good people there that I had a lot of fun playing with. Ssb64 is my other favorite. Two of my favorite games in one place, it was the best!

Battlecow

Play to Win
The guy I first learned SSB from (back in like 2000) was a PPL champ as well. Also I'm pretty sure he could shine-shieldbreak, but I was like 7 years old so I might be misremembering. Then again, he did beat Super Ghouls n' Ghosts in front of my eyes, so I'd believe just about anything.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman

To each his own.
I think it was a small 64 tournament, just a lot of big names. We didn't even do teams :urg: It was still a blast and loved every moment!

I did not fr realz beat it myself, I did witness my friend beating it on an SNES console. I have beat it on emulator using save states :p Yes it can be very difficult!

EDIT:

So....VIDS?

malva00

Smash Master
i'm starting to upload the genesis vids

i need the players to identify themselves or others so i can fix the titles and stuff

The Star King

Smash Hero
Why 3 letters? It has to be less than Melee? 3 is horrible.

I always thought the 4 characters in Melee is dumb, too, but I guess it's not as bad for Japanese.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Melee had 4. Brawl had 5. It makes sense if 64 had 3. Plus, can't you see the limit being 3 anyway? I know I can.

Imagine it. All the people on Kaillera using "***" as a tag. (It's censored, but you can put in any censored word and it works all the same.)

Olikus

Smash Champion
its better with an unfinish bracket than no bracket at all. So would be cool if you posted the info you have.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
SSB64 SINGLES this is the full bracket and results

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5181/ssb64singlesbracket.png

Total Prizes: $330.00

1: SupeRbOoMfAn ($198.00)
2: Isai ($99.00)
3: JaimeHR ($33.00)
4: Kefit
5: Tigerbombz
5: B-Rex
7: Bladewise
7: dookdigity
9: KnitePhox
9: Drunk-E-Ness
9: DarthRancorous
9: Meta
13: afloodedmind
13: Onski
13: ColtMaster
13: $heen
17: Jel
17: samsonites
17: Nathan
17: ThesaberGuy
17: HarryPonting
17: evil ducky

The Star King

Smash Hero
ROFL

I should have signed up and not shown up

So I can place higher than people that did

Best ever

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
How did coltmaster place higher than jel if he wasn't even there?

hahaha because his first two matches were against 2 guys who also didn't show up
This is what we call bracket luck lol even darth had a few guys on his bracket get DQed due to no shows. Only a matter of time when I get this lucky that players dont show on my bracket lol.

Top Bottom