• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This was a massive middlefinger to most fans. I'm done. I just hope for a director change now.
Oh so the developers putting a lot extra work to give us many extra characters and stages is a middlefinger, just because the characters that you wanted didn't get in? And this goes for everyone here that is moaning so much:
Bayonetta and Corring look sick and fun as hell. Givng the developers of this game **** just because they couldn't fill the expectations of every fan, even though they put a staggering amount of work into it, is nothing but a bull**** tantrum you guys are throwing.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
"I'm not happy so they're obviously lying"
Stop it.
Even If I wanted Bayonetta, I'd still know they were lying. I'd be happy about her inclusion, but I wouldn't believe that she was actually the overall most requested.
Hell, I don't really care about Wolf or K. Rool. I could take them or leave them. But there is no way that bayonetta beat both of them.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with the announcements and they all look fun to play, but I think they could have made that a 20 minute video. They kind of stretched it out a bit. I didn't expect these two, but they look fun and I'm gonna get them.

Snokros

Smash Cadet
bayonetta actually got in the game? awesome = ). but im really surprised she won the ballot. havent heard anyone vote for her at all tbh.

but... sakurai... why oh my god why corrin!? of all the characters!? no... just... no this might be the only character i wont buy... to think that any other character could have been there instead of him/her... im so... shocked i guess?... );

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Non-iconic rule is broken.
Bayonetta CAN be toned down!
Recency did matter for for recent Nintendo releases.

You don't know how satisfied I am to be right in speculation right now.
YOU DON'T KNOW!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Even If I wanted Bayonetta, I'd still know they were lying. I'd be happy about her inclusion, but I wouldn't believe that she was actually the overall most requested.
Hell, I don't really care about Wolf or K. Rool. I could take them or leave them. But there is no way that bayonetta beat both of them.
So if you know they're lying, where's your data? Just because you live in an echo chamber doesn't mean you're right. Nintendo has data and there's proof because they started the Smash Ballot.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Hah, I guess vouching for western characters was a fools errand. Corin looks cool and Bayonetta was a hype surprise announcement!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Remaining characters are going to be fan service".

Another (and unecessary) FE character I haven't even heard about,
Fair enough point, though I don't really get why people are as angry as they are. It's a bit silly.
along with the rest of the world (except Japan).
I dunno. Maybe it's just me but I've notice a lot of conversations from time to time, especially on this website, about FE:F.
People seemed pretty into that game; It's news to me that nobody but japan knew about that character. Totally closed off, the FE fans are.
Not to mention Bayonetta, whom I refuse to believe won the ballot. She had close to no support compared to the other "big" characters.
That was also surprising. However, it was #1 in Europe and #1 overall in the whole ballot. Perhaps many countries wanted her and were significantly more silent about it than the rest of everybody else.

Though it's perfectly fine that you're upset about the direct. After all, it's not like we got unique characters like a waterdragonperson or a witch or anything

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I won't complain too much because characters we had already were amazing. But I'm disappointed, so many characters I would have been happy with and really didn't like any of the three they picked

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Rest in peace to the homies Wolf and Snake. But Bayo makes up for the loss. Time to freeze myself until february.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
If your response to this is "THE BALLOT WAS RIGGED", go look at yourself in the mirror and say out loud to your own mirror image: 'I created this pain'

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So if you know they're lying, where's your data? Just because you live in an echo chamber doesn't mean you're right. Nintendo has data and there's proof because they started the Smash Ballot.
Where's nintendo's data? it's not like they made it public. I don't have data, I have common sense.
If nintendo said that Bubsy or Duke Nukem won the ballot, would you believe them?
I wouldn't believe them if they said that Toad or Banjo, the characters I wanted more than anyone, won the ballot. Because it makes no sense.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I can get over the Corrin thing. He looks like he's gonna be mad fun to play. Bayonetta is just really, really hard for me to have.. I'll still buy her, most certainly, but I can't support that decision. My salt is far too real. It would've been nice to get a classic Nintendo character. A quirkier character that would require some creativity like any of the cartoonier characters. The closest things to that we got in DLC were Lucas and Mewtwo. Just a little disappointing for me I guess. I'm sure the salt will wear off by the time she comes out, but for now... Dang, boys. Haha.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
DRAGON. WITH. A. CHAINSAWswordthing.

Also legs with magical powers

Forget their affiliation with their games for a moment
Focus on what the actual character is

Take deep breaths

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Where's nintendo's data? it's not like they made it public. I don't have data, I have common sense.
If nintendo said that Bubsy or Duke Nukem won the ballot, would you believe them?
I wouldn't believe them if they said that Toad or Banjo, the characters I wanted more than anyone, won the ballot. Because it makes no sense.
Look, I get it, you're mad a character you wanted or expected didn't get in.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Corrin should've been Tiki. She at least has lasting importance to the series.
Tiki could have even had a corrin alt.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Neither did I. And I did say to m
About Wolf...Well... maybe he'll be back in the future directs? Not very likely, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: This is what happened on my Smashboards short moments after the broadcast:
未命名.png

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Soo uhhh another Fire Emblem character, we had a bunch already, but this ones pretty cool, like Corrin better than Cloud and Bayo.

I find it kind of funny we're getting Corrin but not Inklings. Not that I cared for the Inklings at all. I feel these characters weren't as new as Corrin, and had more support/ popularity. I guess i'm wrong.

No Western owned characters... Shame

Bayo, lol maaaaaaaan, I didn't see Platinum Games credited at the end of the direct with Square along the bottom.

Bayo is so lack luster. (In my opinion) It's not the worse choice though, better her than like Goku lol.

Sakurai didn't want it to be predictable that's for sure.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Corrin REALLY doesn't deserve he's spot. He's yet another Roy, getting in to smash to promote his unborn game. It's kind of pathetic for the FE series, that it relies so much on smash just to pull in sales lmao

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Honest feelings:

Bayonetta: Actually glad she got despite issues of her costume and the game itself.

Corrin(Corin?) is mixed feelings. On one side, at least it's not another sword fighter, but ehh not to overjoyed because it's another FE rep. I think that Nintendo didn't think this through. I mean I'm glad it's a different class, but eh... it's really hard to explain.

Cloud: Eh...not to keen on him. I mean it's Cloud, but....I don't really think he's a good representative. I personally in my honest opinion think being in several small cameos isn't much.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well, since official support for the game has now ended, all I have to say is this:

...what do we do now?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
What I don't understand is, why they didn't actually develop someone like Rool or Wolf instead of Corrin; they would've gotten more positive feedback with an equally unique character.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
I think Corrin is gonna be an amazing character to play as, so I have nothing with him/her in that regard, but damn, FE really has too many reps. And I know I may be saying that too much, but fro real

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Look, I get it, you're mad a character you wanted or expected didn't get in.
Nice job totally skirting the point of my post in exchange for a condescending response.

I'm not really upset that the characters I wanted or expected didn't get in. That isn't what makes me angry.
I'm upset that BAYONETTA got in, because once upon a time smash was a series that had standards. Smash was once a real all star battle that exhibited the history of a great company. It had a few third party characters, but they were the biggest and the best, the most important to that companies history. It isn't any longer, Sakurai has demonstrated a willingness to include characters flippantly.

My only hope is that someone new, someone with standards, takes the reigns.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Fine, I'll admit that I don't have anything against Bayonetta being in Smash. I wouldn't say she deserves it (when you're competing towards characters like K. Rool etc.), but it's OK.

What really makes me want to strangle myself is the new Fire Emblem guy/girl/shemale, Corrin. I'm straight up going to admit that I despise Fire Emblem as a franchise; I think the games are overrated and boring. However, I agree that the series should have some sort of representation. If it had been only Marth + Ike / Robin I would have been satisified, but this has gone way too far. Six characters from a franchise very few people care about (95% of people I know have never heard about FE) is overkill. Say what you want, but four of these slots could have been used for characters who (excuse me) actually deserve it. Like Ridley, K. Rool, Snake etc. I just think it's unfair that this franchise has more characters than Zelda, and the same amount as Mario.

Dan

Smash Lord
Sakurai, please make one more DLC character as a salt shaker so I can play as myself.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
Honestly? Corrin/Bayo look fantastic, I love their kits and can't wait to play them.

But I'll always have some resentment towards them because they were chosen over the people I wanted. Which is to be expected I would think.

Also I'm super biased but I just can't understand why Wolf didn't make it. He had literally everything going for him. The only reason I could think of not putting him in is just a personal choice by Sakurai.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And female Villager being a psychic killer confirmed?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
User was warned for this post
I literally got NOTHING I wanted during this game's "wild ride". Sakurai is a ****ing sell off. He cares more about his resume than his ****ing fans. He can stop sucking up to Intelligent Systems so much already, and write his job application letter to them this exact minute. I also don't believe FOR ONE SECOND that Bayonetta could be the absolut #1 pick from the ballot. Sakurai, you are a fraud. NOT EVEN ****ING WOLF, U SERIOUS!?

NOT EVEN WOLF!?

:facepalm:

I'm SO happy I don't own a Wii U. This DLC's outcome was determined to my final decision of getting one. Will I get one? No. Got no reason at all to get one. If Cloud Strife can get in Smash Bros., one day I might be able to see DK, Diddy, King K.Rool and Banjo-Kazooie togheter again on a XBox One game for DLC or something. **** this **** man.

#DissatisfiedFormerNintendoFan

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Fine, I'll admit that I don't have anything against Bayonetta being in Smash. I wouldn't say she deserves it (when you're competing towards characters like K. Rool etc.), but it's OK.

What really makes me want to strangle myself is the new Fire Emblem guy/girl/shemale, Corrin. I'm straight up going to admit that I despise Fire Emblem as a franchise; I think the games are overrated and boring. However, I agree that the series should have some sort of representation. If it had been only Marth + Ike / Robin I would have been satisified, but this has gone way too far. Six characters from a franchise very few people care about (95% of people I know have never heard about FE) is overkill. Say what you want, but four of these slots could have been used for characters who (excuse me) actually deserve it. Like Ridley, K. Rool, Snake etc. I just think it's unfair that this franchise has more characters than Zelda, and the same amount as Mario.
Man, I agree with all this! FE doesn't deserve this in the slightest, especially with series like Zelda, who hasn't had a new char since MELEE.Same goes for Metroid and DK. It's so aggitating.

Still, Mario has 11 reps, if we're including Yoshi, Wario, Doc, DK, and Diddy.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Have you played a Bayo game? They are really great and she is a completely unique character with her own style and everything. At least it wasn't FE character number 7.
Nice job totally skirting the point of my post in exchange for a condescending response.

I'm not really upset that the characters I wanted or expected didn't get in. That isn't what makes me angry.
I'm upset that BAYONETTA got in, because once upon a time smash was a series that had standards. Smash was once a real all star battle that exhibited the history of a great company. It had a few third party characters, but they were the biggest and the best, the most important to that companies history. It isn't any longer, Sakurai has demonstrated a willingness to include characters flippantly.

My only hope is that someone new, someone with standards, takes the reigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom