• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm accepting what Smash 4 is providing because I'm actually happy with it.

Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy are back? Hell yeah!
Ryu in smash? Well damn that's frigging awesome!
Cloud? I would've never seen that coming and that makes it more amazing!

I actually think these characters are exciting, and saying I'm just a child for accepting them is just insulting.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I actually think these characters are exciting, and saying I'm just a child for accepting them is just insulting.
I did say most not all.

Not so subtle reminder that the ignore function is a wonderful thing.

Anyway. . .another topic. Ignoring the fact that it would mean 3 Capcom characters, do any of you believe Viewtiful Joe Phoenix Wright has a chance to smash?

His "Objection!" is pretty iconic and the series is extremely loyal to Nintendo. But is he enough of an icon compared to the monsters we currently have that are all huge characters?

ok you've formed your own opinion and replied already? then you can read this
Personally I dont. He is big. But not that big. Even then he may not be "combat ready" in Sakurai's eyes regardless of UMVC3. Compared to all of the other third parties he is definitely a step below. Maybe smash 6 assuming the series continues (I hope so)
with a Miles Edgeworth alt

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

There's a total of 1 DLC character I don't like, but because I have friends who wanted the character in Smash, I bought them anyway for them

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Anyway. . .another topic. Ignoring the fact that it would mean 3 Capcom characters, do any of you believe Viewtiful Joe Phoenix Wright has a chance to smash?

His "Objection!" is pretty iconic and the series is extremely loyal to Nintendo. But is he enough of an icon compared to the monsters we currently have that are all huge characters?

Personally I dont. He is big. But not that big. Even then he may not be "combat ready" in Sakurai's eyes regardless of UMVC3. Compared to all of the other third parties he is definitely a step below. Maybe smash 6 assuming the series continues (I hope so)
I dont think so as he really isnt that big of an icon at capcom that im aware of. If capcom were to magically get another rep from another series the next most Iconic character in line I think would be Dante unless if Im forgetting another really important franchise for that company. Now if capcom got another rep from the franchises already in game I would think Zero would be up next for megaman and maybe chun li for sf? (Id prefer Bison)

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

I don't have any expectations whatsoever for Phoenix. If Cloud didn't have a chance, then Phoenix REALLLLLY doesn't have a chance.

Despite how much I love the character and think it'd be super cool if he made it, I hope he doesn't. Other characters are simply more deserving than he is at this point. Maybe a Mii costume at the most.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Smash 5 or 6 good choice. The face of "puzzling" games at this point, sorry Layton. The fact that this GOT A LIVE ACTION FILM for the first game with only 5 games long with a 6th on the way speaks volumes on it's fanbase and impact.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Can we even call Phoenix Wright iconic though? I'm a big fan of his games now, but before I had no idea who Phoenix Wright was. Show a picture of Phoenix Wright to a younger version of myself and at best I would have recognized him as "that guy from the lawyer game". I feel like his presence isn't really that strong until you really get to know his games.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Im glad Im not one of those people as I hate almost everything smash 4 provided and find it to be an extremely lazy and watered down sequel to the franchise for so many reasons its not even funny, especially for a franchise that has an entry every 8 years. The world needs more people to expect something more from franchises they supposedly love instead of taking everything with a smile on their face gladly accepting their $60 product like they are the lucky one to be receiving it.

From what Ive observed I find the majority of people who play smash or popular video games in general to just accept whatever when it comes into this franchise content wise like a child whose mind is underdeveloped and will watch any cartoon or bright colored show no matter the quality, they cant tell the difference between good and bad so its just all good to them.

I also tend to think its funny when somebody has a different opinion on something how much it stirs the pot with some people and they wonder how can another person not agree with my viewpoint, crazy I know, its hilarious how poorly people act when approached by a different point of view from their own opinion, especially an unpopular one. Standard human nature I guess.

But lets be honest its my bad for having high standards on the series in general as there is plenty of crap that you can pull apart on the older smash games as well so it's been a long time coming, you just dont see it because you are young and there were actual positives to the game overall that overshadowed the negatives. With adult eyes some flaws can become glaring. Not to mention quality overall has fallen when it comes to nintendo products over the past couple generations so there's another glaring sign as to why one shouldnt expect much from their franchises.

Just my 2 cents on the whole shebang. Im sure there are people out there with poor reasons for hating the game though that I agree with.
Brother, I don't have a problem with you being dissatisfied or unhappy with the game , but for everyone's sake please keep that attitude out of this place.

There are plenty of people extremely happy with how the game is turning out and that doesn't mean they have low standards or are sheep.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Can we even call Phoenix Wright iconic though? I'm a big fan of his games now, but before I had no idea who Phoenix Wright was. Show a picture of Phoenix Wright to a younger version of myself and at best I would have recognized him as "that guy from the lawyer game". I feel like his presence isn't really that strong until you really get to know his games.
They don't have to be THAT iconic. Unless they're Mario, Pokemon, Sonic, and maybe Zelda they're not going to be really iconic anyways. I'd say Phoenix is iconic and quirky enough for Smash.,

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Brother, I don't have a problem with you being dissatisfied or unhappy with the game , but for everyone's sake please keep that attitude out of this place.

There are plenty of people extremely happy with how the game is turning out and that doesn't mean they have low standards or are sheep.
Okay. So how about we talk about how likely it is or not Smash will be ported to Nx in a package with all dlc, better online, Ice climbers and a continuous stream of dlc to support the game throughout some of the Nx lifespan. I think it makes sense but will Nintendo do it, thoughts?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Okay. So how about we talk about how likely it is or not Smash will be ported to Nx in a package with all dlc, better online, Ice climbers anda continuous stream of dlc to support the game throughout the Nx lifespan. I think it makes sense but will Nintendo do it, thoughts?
That's very unfriendly towards consumers, and it's not Nintendo's style. So no. It's genuinely dumb to expect it

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Okay. So how about we talk about how likely it is or not Smash will be ported to Nx in a package with all dlc, better online, Ice climbers anda continuous stream of dlc to support the game throughout the Nx lifespan. I think it makes sense but will Nintendo do it, thoughts?
I'd rather a new game that took advantage of the new hardware tbh

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Continuous stream of DLC throughout the NX's lifespan is too optimistic. I won't expect more than two years of DLC support, at best.

:231:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Continuous stream of DLC throughout the NX's lifespan is too optimistic. I won't expect more than two years of DLC support, at best.

Yeah I agree should have worded it better but do you think Nintendo will see this Smash as a platform (like league of legends and street fighter V) and port it? It seems like a smart buisness decision with how much money they make on Dlc. It would also be a shame for them to leave all that fresh work on a dead system.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah I agree should have worded it better but do you think Nintendo will see this Smash as a platform and port it?
If the NX is more powerful than current gen consoles, I'd expect more than a port, honestly.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
If the NX is more powerful than current gen consoles, I'd expect more than a port, honestly.

Maybe I should call it a remaster. Updated graphics, exclusive content, new net code, all 3ds and wii u content, bundled with all the dlc in the initial game at a 60 price, with a promise of continued support.

I feel this would be a good outcome for smash fans personally (I don't think it will happen because Nintendo is a bit backwards minded but I digress).

Last edited:
Whether it's likely or not is a different story but I really really do not want an NX port. All of the changes are awesome. Every game feels like a completely different beast with it's own unique style in both gameplay and graphics.

Just porting it over feels lazy and I feel like it would lose a humongous amount of charm for me :/

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Whether it's likely or not is a different story but I really really do not want an NX port. All of the changes are awesome. Every game feels like a completely different beast with it's own unique style in both gameplay and graphics.

Just porting it over feels lazy and I feel like it would lose a humongous amount of charm for me :/
What do you think they could add though besides characters, I mean the engine is basically a tweaked brawl I'd say from sakurais perspective there isn't much of a place the franchise could go from here. Why redo everything over again sacrificing a lot of the roster if it feels like you are just remaking the same game, ya know.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What do you think they could add though besides characters, I mean the engine is basically a tweaked brawl I'd say from sakurais perspective there isn't much of a place the franchise could go from here. Why redo everything over again if it feels like the same game, ya know.
Sm4sh doesn't feel like Brawl. Brawl doesn't feel like Melee. Melee doesn't feel like 64. There are more than enough tweaks to the point you can easily tell a difference

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If capcom were to magically get another rep from another series the next most Iconic character in line I think would be Dante unless if Im forgetting another really important franchise for that company.
If we're going by their biggest series, you forgot Resident Evil. :p

But even then, there's that whole realistic firearms thing.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Sm4sh doesn't feel like Brawl. Brawl doesn't feel like Melee. Melee doesn't feel like 64. There are more than enough tweaks to the point you can easily tell a difference
Smash 4 doesn't feel like brawl, but it does use the same engine. Hence why when Smash 4 initially released DACUS was a thing

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie

IF we got another Capcom character, I'd want Zero, even though I don't think he's really likely for Smash 4. (as much as I want him) Maybe if Smash 5 happens, he could have a chance to be in that... You know what? They should just make a Nintendo x Capcom crossover that plays like Smash... *sigh* I can dream...

TheMasterofWind

Smash Rookie
NNID
ultrastarstorm
3DS FC
4339-2473-6815
Sigh, am I really the only person that HATES the fact that Cloud and Ryu are in Smash? I just don't feel like they belong there. Cloud was never on a Nintendo console. The last FF game on Nintendo was FF6.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sigh, am I really the only person that HATES the fact that Cloud and Ryu are in Smash? I just don't feel like they belong there. Cloud was never on a Nintendo console. The last FF game on Nintendo was FF6.
Theaterhythm, Kingdom Hearts, and the upcoming FF Explorers all feature Cloud.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lemme catch you up on what you missed.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1 & 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Series. 7 Games across 2003-2009 exclusive to Nintendo.
FFXII: Revenant Wings (direct sequel to XII, exclusive to Nintendo for some god forsaken reason)
FFIV: The After Years (Wiiware)
Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice
Final Fantasy Fables: A Chocobo's Tale
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Theathrythm & Theathryhtm: Curtain Call

And, since it's basically a reskin of FF. I'mma count 'em
Bravely Default & Bravely Second.

Nintendo's gotten just about the same number of FF games since the late 90s as Sony.
Just more of the side series instead of the main series which is crumbling to bits.
That doesn't mean that Final Fantasy has been a non-Nintendo series since 7.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Again, apparently Nintendo themselves don't seem to care about it. So why should we? The higher ups along with Sakurai are the ones who approve the choices. Sakurai has said the character doesn't have to have relations for third party if anything its just a convenience, its not that much of a necessity so why do people still bring this up? It's really starting to get old. I feel Nintendo fans need to broaden there horizons at times and get familiar with other games that doesn't always cater to their systems. I mean I get that your loyal, but, don't get hurt feelings on characters that never appeared on a certain their consoles, especially if it means business, and not over "holding grudges."

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I get your argument about Cloud, but what about Ryu? He's been on Nintendo consoles, even if it was a while ago.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
Would you guys buy skin packs that were just different colors for characters?
I would gladly buy different colors. Especially for Lucina, because outside of her classic only the blonde one doesn't look like an eyesore to me. I get that they're supposed to be refrences to other FE characters but who thought red, white, and green was a good color scheme?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Talking about DLCs?

Well, since Cloud's announcement, I had to rethink about who I want and here's my top 5 (no order):
  • Wolf
  • Inkling
  • Paper Mario
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Shovel Knight
Seeing Wolf + any one of the others would be more than enough to make me hype!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Okay. So how about we talk about how likely it is or not Smash will be ported to Nx in a package with all dlc, better online, Ice climbers and a continuous stream of dlc to support the game throughout some of the Nx lifespan. I think it makes sense but will Nintendo do it, thoughts?
Absolutely not. That's definitely not Sakurai's style if he's at the reigns again. He'd want to make the game as big as he could, an use the new hardware. The dude was so ****in' excited he could make Smash 4 so graphically nice compared to Brawl, who knows what he could do with NX. And even if it's not him, it's not Nintendo's style just to port games without a new entry in that series brewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom