• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm sure a console Pokemon game wouldn't actually work as well as many people think it'd would. Part of Pokemon's appeal is that you can play it on the go. That, and I don't think you can pull the whole, two versions of the same game as well on consoles, another major aspect of Pokemon.
Here's what we need a goddamn XD sequel
those games are super good and I'm highly disappointed there's nothing from them at all in Smash
Where is the Miror B theme or the Miror B Assist Trophy where he makes it rain
and
MIROR
GODAMN
B!

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
To offer up a new topic, let's talk about costumes. Not Mii costumes, though, but character costumes.

Let's say they wanted to add costume DLC (free or paid, either way) to the game. What alternate costumes would you like to see and why?

I'd love it if Robin got his Grandmaster robes, or a hooded alt. As well, Link getting costumes based on other Legend of Zelda games would be neat.
Back in the days of Brawl speculation, I thought they'd do a version of Link in his Ordonian outfit- something that I still think would be cool. Of course, seeing how they didn't give the Skyloft Clothes the best treatment, I'd almost be afraid to see what they'd do to it. I would really love to see his outfit from Zelda U become a costume, because that hooded scarf is the gosh dang coolest. Apart from that, OoT Ganondorf, Ms. Pac-Man, Proto Man (despite the mii costume, yes), and various costumes from Tri Force Heroes would be awesome. The funny thing about Ganondorf for me is that I thought he was a total badass in Twilight Princess, but he looks so goofy in Smash that I'd probably prefer his OoT "aka non-grampadorf" look instead.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Personally I don't want Inkling's cause I think they would really benefit from having customs since there's so many weapons and sub weapons in Splatoon and customizing which moves feels like a thing an Inkling in Smash should have

JayTheBrainMann

Smash Cadet
If you really can't handle even the concept of the Inklings being in Smash, then I'd recommend, once they're announced (IF they're announced):

1. Don't order them
2. If you see them in an online battle, back out immediately
3. Turn off the video game console and think about why you're so worried about a new character being in a fighting game

Simple. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Game modes would be nice, but I'm sure a lot of the modes people are asking for would be a bit too much effort. Things like an All Star versus mode would be possible, especially since it's in the game. But an entire Boss Battles? Not unless they were planning to add it in from the start.
Boss Battles isn't really possible because there's not any real "bosses" in this game unlike in Brawl. In this game the only bosses are Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core. "Stage Bosses" are not fit to be added in a boss battles mode. They're not real full-scale bosses, just something to act as a distraction on certain stages.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
:4mario: Jumpman
:4luigi: Mr. L
:4peach: Nurse Peach
:4bowser: Dark Bowser
:4bowserjr: Boom Boom
:rosalina:Ultra Smash outfit
:4drmario: Dr. Luigi
:4pikachu: Raichu
:4jigglypuff: Igglybuff
:4charizard: Dragonite
:4mewtwo: Shadow Mewtwo
:4greninja: Frogadier
:4marth: Sigurd
:4myfriends: Hector
:4robinm: Corrin
:4lucina: Eirika
:4feroy: Leif
:4kirby: Fire Kirby
:4dedede: Masked Dedede
:4sonic: Metal Sonic
:4pacman: Ms. Pac-Man
:4megaman: Proto-Man
:4ryu: Ken
:4cloud:Tidus

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
:4mario: Jumpman
:4luigi: Mr. L
:4peach: Nurse Peach
:4bowser: Dark Bowser
:4bowserjr: Boom Boom
:rosalina:Ultra Smash outfit
:4drmario: Dr. Luigi
:4pikachu: Raichu
:4jigglypuff: Igglybuff
:4charizard: Dragonite
:4mewtwo: Shadow Mewtwo
:4greninja: Frogadier
:4marth: Sigurd
:4myfriends: Hector
:4robinm: Corrin
:4lucina: Eirika
:4feroy: Leif
:4kirby: Fire Kirby
:4dedede: Masked Dedede
:4pacman: Ms. Pac-Man
:4megaman: Proto-Man
:4ryu: Ken
:4cloud:Tidus
I fear some of these costumes may deviate too far from the original design. Although, I guess there isn't a rule that they need to made 1:1

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Boss Battles isn't really possible because there's not any real "bosses" in this game unlike in Brawl. In this game the only bosses are Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core. "Stage Bosses" are not fit to be added in a boss battles mode. They're not real full-scale bosses, just something to act as a distraction on certain stages.
Metal Face is the only good stage boss cause at least he has interesting things to say
Yellow Devil takes up half the stage and Ridley is annoying and out of character also Screw Nabbit
I feel Hades being a boss or better, background element was a hugely missed opportunity

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Metal Face is the only good stage boss cause at least he has interesting things to say
Yellow Devil takes up half the stage and Ridley is annoying and out of character also Screw Nabbit
I feel Hades being a boss or better, background element was a hugely missed opportunity
Grima as a stage hazard in the Colosseum would've been great!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm assuming when people say they want a Boss Battles, they want the bosses to be completely remade so they aren't just annoying stage hazards and actual bosses.

If there ever were a such a mode, I double Hades being a boss. Holy Moley that'd be epic

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool, and Wolf. I hope are coming if it's Shovel Knight and Inkling I'd be happy about that too!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If you really can't handle even the concept of the Inklings being in Smash, then I'd recommend, once they're announced (IF they're announced):

1. Don't order them
2. If you see them in an online battle, back out immediately
3. Turn off the video game console and think about why you're so worried about a new character being in a fighting game

Simple. :p
Just like that.

However, if you you choose to embrace them...

Welcome to the party. :)

Let's hope the originality and charm of the Inklings wins over the masses and Sakurai.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
:4link:Dark Link gets the Alph treatment, more detail added.
:4falcon:Blood Falcon gets the Alph treatment, more detail added.
:4pacman:Ms. Pacman with an Alph treatment.
:4mewtwo: Mecha Mewtwo (If Cloud has a movie alt, wynaut Mewtwo?)
:4ness: Ninten with an Alph treatment.
:4lucina: Masked
:4yoshi: White, Orange
:4dk: Super Kong (Or just fix the tie colour on the existing white alt)
:4diddy: Super Kong (See DK)

D

Deleted member

Just like that.

However, if you you choose to embrace them...

Welcome to the party. :)

Let's hope the originality and charm of the Inklings wins over the masses and Sakurai.
Their unique, innovative, and fresh, they got plenty of Move set, potential, with the Splatttershot Jr. Splat Roller Splat Charger ECT, and their a fun, popular, and new. I'd say they got a good chance.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Inklings and Shovel Knight are pretty terrible outcomes due to their "newness" making them popular currently. Neither of them are worthy at all but like I said its super easy to get in smash now so that's why I expect them. Those two are so bandwagon character's it isnt even funny.
I don't dispute people against Inklings because everybody is entitled to their opinion, and it's understandable why not everybody wants them in Smash. However, you're definitely not the one that gets to determine which characters are "worthy" of getting into Smash. I don't remember playing such an elitist styled game. (Btw Shovel Knight does NOT have a good chance of getting in. The peeps in Japan barely know who he is.)

Also, I think you don't understand what a bandwagon is. Popularity is not the same as bandwagoning. Believe it or not Inklings probably have the most opposition out of all the top Ballot runners.

EDIT: My bad, didn't realize how far back I was. Didn't mean to revive a nasty discussion back. Ignore this if you want, just wanted to get my opinion out.

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
:4samus: More detailed Dark Samus alt
:4mewtwo: Shadow Mewtwo/Armored Mewtwo
:4megaman: Literally any other robot in his series
:4ness: Ninten

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf looks awesome in Hyrule Warriors!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I'm not going to lie... I'm probably the only person here who voted Superman in the ballot.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I feel like music is also important for Smash, and we've definitely gotten music if you buy stages that come along with them. I'm up for making a top 10 right now. I would love to see any of these as DLC

10. Zinnia's battle theme (Pokemon)
9. His world (The original one) (Sonic)
8. Targest test (Melee)
7. Wild Pokemon battle Diamond and Pearl (Brawl)
6. Opening theme (Metroid Prime) (Brawl)
5. ALL OF SNAKE'S SONGS BACK IN BRAWL
4. Crowned (Kirby)
3. Crowned remix (The most recent Kirby game, I forgot the name)
2. All 3 Subspace song versions, especially V3
1. Fourside (Melee)

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Would you guys buy skin packs that were just different colors for characters?
I wouldn't buy them if they were just different colors. I would gladly buy a pack of them if they were actual alt skins (example: Mr. L for Luigi, Dry Bones for Bowser, someone mentioned a hooded Robin earlier.)

Burruni

Smash Hero
I STILL WANT MY :4wario2: COLORS THAT WERE LOST IN THE TRANSITION FROM BRAWL TO SMASH 4.
I'D PAY LIKE A BUCK FOR THOSE ALONE.

A BUCK FOR AN OoT OR HW :4ganondorf: OUTFIT.

Honestly that's pretty much it for alts for characters I regularly play and feel they needed more.

:4luigi: Mr. L, :4bowser: Dry Bowser, :4peach:a PROPER Daisy alt, etc though would still be nice.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why do I get the vibe that a lot of the complaining on Smashboards is not because of the content itself, but because it's not who certain people want?

I work at a grocery store.

My store (I work in produce) carries hundreds of produce items. Organic, non-organic, you name it. We get customers all the time, they love our products. Absolutely love it. We provide excellent customer service and carry popular items when we can order them.

Then there's that one customer who comes in and complains because we don't have the ONE ORGANIC PRODUCT we have. They act as if their day is ruined because we didn't have one product. I can't pull it out of my ass, but quite frankly, I don't care to even help that customer because they get nasty about it and act like they deserve something because they're disappointed/pissed.

Why am I saying this? It's because its damn near the same thing as Smash speculation.

Nintendo provides a nearly unbeatable roster in terms of star power, with some of the most unique characters in the series. There are old favorites and new characters that provide a different flavor. Something for practically everybody. There's no other game quite like it.

Yet, because the game is missing one particular character or feature, that ONE FEATURE undermines any other decision made in regards to the game. X character is missing, so the roster is garbage. Didn't add X, so W, Y and Z are bad choices

If you are invested in like 1-2 characters in Smash, then sorry but you need to expand your horizons. Seriously. Be accepting of things you aren't sure of. Investigate them. Instead of sitting there and allowing yourself to be angry (and frankly annoying) about the choices made isn't getting you or anybody else anywhere.

You know what else? If nothing interests you, then why did you even buy the game? You have the choice to buy DLC.

Sakurai isn't stupid. He most likely has seen what some people talk about on sites like this. Like my interaction with customers, if whiny fans are going to get nasty and be unappreciative of him and his workers, they will not be convinced any more than they were before to add something.

The whining is getting excessive.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I know if wont happen but imma just repeat myself and say more options and stages for Smash run.
Skin packs, even if they are just recolors id probably buy. Im a sucker for outfits -looks at my DLC horde on Dead or alive 5 last round- yeah...
Im happy cloud is in ^_^
I wanna see FF7 [normal and cross dressed!] cloud, Ac cloud, KH1+2 cloud, and shinra solder cloud XD

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Why do I get the vibe that a lot of the complaining on Smashboards is not because of the content itself, but because it's not who certain people want?

I work at a grocery store.

My store (I work in produce) carries hundreds of produce items. Organic, non-organic, you name it. We get customers all the time, they love our products. Absolutely love it. We provide excellent customer service and carry popular items when we can order them.

Then there's that one customer who comes in and complains because we don't have the ONE ORGANIC PRODUCT we have. They act as if their day is ruined because we didn't have one product. I can't pull it out of my ***, but quite frankly, I don't care to even help that customer because they get nasty about it and act like they deserve something because they're disappointed/pissed.

Why am I saying this? It's because its damn near the same thing as Smash speculation.

Nintendo provides a nearly unbeatable roster in terms of star power, with some of the most unique characters in the series. There are old favorites and new characters that provide a different flavor. Something for practically everybody. There's no other game quite like it.

Yet, because the game is missing one particular character or feature, that ONE FEATURE undermines any other decision made in regards to the game. X character is missing, so the roster is garbage. Didn't add X, so W, Y and Z are bad choices

If you are invested in like 1-2 characters in Smash, then sorry but you need to expand your horizons. Seriously. Be accepting of things you aren't sure of. Investigate them. Instead of sitting there and allowing yourself to be angry (and frankly annoying) about the choices made isn't getting you or anybody else anywhere.

You know what else? If nothing interests you, then why did you even buy the game? You have the choice to buy DLC.

Sakurai isn't stupid. He most likely has seen what some people talk about on sites like this. Like my interaction with customers, if whiny fans are going to get nasty and be unappreciative of him and his workers, they will not be convinced any more than they were before to add something.

The whining is getting excessive.
Im glad Im not one of those people as I hate almost everything smash 4 provided and find it to be an extremely lazy and watered down sequel to the franchise for so many reasons its not even funny, especially for a franchise that has an entry every 8 years. The world needs more people to expect something more from franchises they supposedly love instead of taking everything with a smile on their face gladly accepting their $60 product like they are the lucky one to be receiving it.

From what Ive observed I find the majority of people who play smash or popular video games in general to just accept whatever when it comes into this franchise content wise like a child whose mind is underdeveloped and will watch any cartoon or bright colored show no matter the quality, they cant tell the difference between good and bad so its just all good to them.

I also tend to think its funny when somebody has a different opinion on something how much it stirs the pot with some people and they wonder how can another person not agree with my viewpoint, crazy I know, its hilarious how poorly people act when approached by a different point of view from their own opinion, especially an unpopular one. Standard human nature I guess.

But lets be honest its my bad for having high standards on the series in general as there is plenty of crap that you can pull apart on the older smash games as well so it's been a long time coming, you just dont see it because you are young and there were actual positives to the game overall that overshadowed the negatives. With adult eyes some flaws can become glaring. Not to mention quality overall has fallen when it comes to nintendo products over the past couple generations so there's another glaring sign as to why one shouldnt expect much from their franchises.

Just my 2 cents on the whole shebang. Im sure there are people out there with poor reasons for hating the game though that I agree with.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

FOR THE LAST TIME IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!! :grrr:
Dude, seriously.

MagnesD3 MagnesD3 , also, why in god's name should we expect Inkling exactly?
A lot of different people have given a million reasons why. Have you been reading at all?

I hate that I am gettinfg involved; I'd really rather just lurk this thread, but come on. Chill out. Whatever happened to that break?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Im glad Im not one of those people as I hate almost everything smash 4 provided and find it to be an extremely lazy and watered down sequel to the franchise for so many reasons its not even funny, especially for a franchise that has an entry every 8 years. The world needs more people to expect something more from franchises they supposedly love instead of taking everything with a smile on their face gladly accepting their $60 product like they are the lucky one to be receiving it.

From what Ive observed I find the majority of people who play smash or popular video games in general to just accept whatever when it comes into this franchise content wise like a child whose mind is underdeveloped and will watch any cartoon or bright colored show no matter the quality, they cant tell the difference between good and bad so its just all good to them.

I also tend to think its funny when somebody has a different opinion on something how much it stirs the pot with some people and they wonder how can another person not agree with my viewpoint, crazy I know, its hilarious how poorly people act when approached by a different point of view from their own opinion, especially an unpopular one. Standard human nature I guess.

But lets be honest its my bad for having high standards on the series in general as there is plenty of crap that you can pull apart on the older smash games as well so it's been a long time coming, you just dont see it because you are young and there were actual positives to the game overall that overshadowed the negatives. With adult eyes some flaws can become glaring. Not to mention quality overall has fallen when it comes to nintendo products over the past couple generations so there's another glaring sign as to why one shouldnt expect much from their franchises.

Just my 2 cents on the whole shebang. Im sure there are people out there with poor reasons for hating the game though that I agree with.
Holy moley what is this?

This is literally my opinion is good, you opinion is bad.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Im glad Im not one of those people
like a child whose mind is underdeveloped
First of all, way to be a condescending asshole on everyone that isn't you because they don't give a **** about what gets added
Also, in this scenario, you ARE the person complaining at the grocery store. You aren't happy with a single thing they have in stock and you want other stuff to the point you shouldn't even go to the grocery store in the first place. I also work at a store, and you're behaving the exact same as a customer did last week because we didn't have any more raisin boxes after the Dutch equivalent for Halloween

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Holy moley what is this?

This is literally my opinion is good, you opinion is bad.
First of all, way to be a condescending ******* on everyone that isn't you because they don't give a **** about what gets added
Also, in this scenario, you ARE the person complaining at the grocery store. You aren't happy with a single thing they have in stock and you want other stuff to the point you shouldn't even go to the grocery store in the first place. I also work at a store, and you're behaving the exact same as a customer did last week because we didn't have any more raisin boxes after the Dutch equivalent for Halloween
^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom