• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe because it only appears in search engine results and connot be found in the actual page. But meh, I don't feel the need to discuss this anymore, it's basically been beaten like a dead horse at this point, I say we drop. Let's talk about Cooking Mama, no one gives her love.
Cooking Mama used to be one of my favorite third party options. I thought she and Prof Layton would be a fantastic duo.

...though I didn't realize they were even third party when I first caught wind of them. That makes me give up...as much fun as that would be to have Nintendo-exclusive third parties given a different recognition.
Well she is a Nintendo character, and she would have a unique moveset, And that food does delicious. Eh why not?
(She isn't a Nintendo owned character).

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Cooking Mama used to be one of my favorite third party options. I thought she and Prof Layton would be a fantastic duo.

...though I didn't realize they were even third party when I first caught wind of them. That makes me give up...as much fun as that would be to have Nintendo-exclusive third parties given a different recognition.

(She isn't a Nintendo owned character).
They would be alot of fun, I've got to say.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Just out of curiosity, but do you guys think only two more characters will be announced next month and nothing more than that?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Just out of curiosity, but do you guys think only two more characters will be announced next month and nothing more than that?
Not really, I feel that we'll get about three more characters in addition to Cloud. I've already explained who I think they'd be, but if we're lucky maybe we'll get two more, which I'm predicting to either be Banjo, Wolf, or Snake.

It's possible... but I hope there's more characters. We'll probably know after the December Direct... if we only get characters like Wolf, Inkling or Snake, there's probably still characters left. If we get a character clearly from ballot, for example, K. Rool, Bandana Dee or Isaac, it's pretty sure that we won't be getting more, unless Sakurai specifically says that there's more.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Two is the minimum we'll get.

We know that they can patch in slots when they feel like, so there is a possibility of us getting more.

:231:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think we're getting 2 more in the broadcast (One being Wolf and the other being a ballot choice) and then we'll get 3 more after that, probably spread out across the following months

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We're definitely getting at least two because there are still two placeholder Marios unaccounted for when you include Cloud...

Still think it'll be Wolf and Snake...seems the best choice for pre-ballot DLC and are relatively easy to make along side Cloud as a newcomer due to being veterans from brawl...

I feel like we'll get probably 2 or 3 more throughout next year and these characters will likely be from the ballot...Very likely we'll get one during next year's e3..

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think we could get Banjo, as there's no other character that could top the buzz Cloud recieved at this point but them. (IMO)

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think we're getting 2 more in the broadcast (One being Wolf and the other being a ballot choice) and then we'll get 3 more after that, probably spread out across the following months
I sure hope this is the case.
That being said, I'm not holding my breath for this to happen.
My two most wanted characters are Rayman and King K. Rool. Unfortunately, given how Cloud, Ryu, and potentially Snake are going to be made into DLC, it would take a miracle for four third parties to be made as DLC.
That being said, all of it isn't so bad, as I can still hope for K. Rool to join the fight.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I sure hope this is the case.
That being said, I'm not holding my breath for this to happen.
My two most wanted characters are Rayman and King K. Rool. Unfortunately, given how Cloud, Ryu, and potentially Snake are going to be made into DLC, it would take a miracle for four third parties to be made as DLC.
That being said, all of it isn't so bad, as I can still hope for K. Rool to join the fight.
Didn't hear anything about Snake, mind elaborating?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Didn't hear anything about Snake, mind elaborating?
That's why I said "potentially."
I mean, given how Cloud is in the game, it doesn't feel right that Snake is not in Smash yet.
Unless Konami troubles prevent him from making it in, Snake seems like a character that could be announced next month.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's why I said "potentially."
I mean, given how Cloud is in the game, it doesn't feel right that Snake is not in Smash yet.
Unless Konami troubles prevent him from making it in, Snake seems like a character that could be announced next month.
Hm... If :snake: isn't announced, then :4myfriends: can :substitute: for him! :troll: (I hope some of you at least get the joke... :urg:)

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't buy the argument about the supposed casual influence. Yes, they're significantly more than the hardcore speculation community, but on the other hand, they care less, which means that they won't campaign, nor multivote, and they will probably vote for a character without thinking much about its chances, nor organizing in groups.
To put it in another perspective, let's say that for every 500 organized supporters of a character there are 2000 "casuals", it's likely that what seems to be a big number is split in much smaller groups(i.e 100 voting for x, 75 voting for y, 150 voting for z which stands no chance anyway since it's not a VG character, and so on), so in the end, the organized groups have a bigger influence, in spite of being the smaller part of the fanbase, because they're, well, organized.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think we'll get two more besides Cloud and that it will be it as far as DLC characters are concerned. We might get a few more patches next year but I really do think this is the end of the road for new content for Smash, especially considering this is going to be the "last broadcast" and the fact that Sakurai and his team have to move on. Seven DLC characters for this game is kind of a miracle in itself. When thinking about the possibility of DLC for Smash 4, I figured we'd get 3 characters at most. The fact that they made it this far, and the fact that Smash 4 will have a roster of 58 characters after this December, is quite astonishing.

And as for the other two mystery characters, I'm just gonna go with Wolf and Snake. I do think it's possible we could another newcomer or two instead but we'll see.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
He's so big I had to put him in a spoiler!
Exactly he'd be a BIG reveal....

But in all seriousness, the Smash community would implode on itself if he'd be revealed as DLC...especially given how badly he's been buried...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Exactly he'd be a BIG reveal....

But in all seriousness, the Smash community would implode on itself if he'd be revealed as DLC...especially given how badly he's been buried...
The community would decend into utter chaos.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There is only one!!
My unpopular opinion has always been that he would get in the game.
It has not changed much. I'm not interested in yet another argument over over/incorrectly analyzed Sakurai quotations, which hold as much merit as they do/not. I strongly feel that this is actually Ridley's best chance, given the elongated 'inspiration' time of this lengthy DLC process, as well as the call to us as participants to act as muses.

EDIT: I just realized Wuhu Island is named as an onomatopoeia. This makes me happy.

DOUBLE EDIT: Can someone tell me what the hell these groups are in conquest? Team Zelda (Zelda, Peach, GW, Roy), Team Marth (Marth, Sheik, Mewtwo, Dr), and Team Bowser (Bowser, Ganondorf, Falco). I mean, honestly, Jesus... what are they?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My unpopular opinion has always been that he would get in the game.
It has not changed much. I'm not interested in yet another argument over over/incorrectly analyzed Sakurai quotations, which hold as much merit as they do/not. I strongly feel that this is actually Ridley's best chance, given the elongated 'inspiration' time of this lengthy DLC process, as well as the call to us as participants to act as muses.
He's already a stage hazard though, so I wouldn't bet on it. There are other characters that don't have an in-game role that I feel deserve better.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He's already a stage hazard though, so I wouldn't bet on it. There are other characters that don't have an in-game role that I feel deserve better.
As I said, I'm truly not interested in debating it. No one's opinion is ever changed in this thread anyway (and it gets for more [unnecessarily] heated than majority of the threads I frequent); I have my reasons, and you have yours, and it is unlikely anything either of us says will change the others mind- or even if it did, it doesn't matter.

Ultimately it's just bad for me, because it is extremely difficult to surprise me, in part because my ambiguous brain will traverse the many lengths of possibilities and outcomes.

Characterwise in Smash, the biggest shock to me was Greninja. Perhaps Cloud was stunning.
Otherwise, they all felt like a checkmark on a list. It's just how my brain thinks. And if Ridley is announced, I'd be very happy, but not at all shocked. Though to be fair, have not with any character but Megaman in this game gotten the glorious "Hell, Yeah" to a character I grew up with making it into this game (in part because as a 90s kid, there just arent really any of those characters who were added this game.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've been fighting the idea since the Ballot was announced that even NPC's can be considered for DLC, as DLC is different than the base roster...we still haven't seen what is coming out of the Ballot for me to at least change my stance on that...however Ridley's situation is different then other NPC's (except for say Chrom) since Sakurai's actually made statements on him as to why he isn't playable...The problem isn't so much his size it's Sakurai's vision...Sakurai sees Ridley as a 'Boss-type' character unfortunately...Sakurai can make him work he just doesn't think that he should...It is possible that he may change his mind but it is indeed very unlikely...

Do you personally think we could get a Shantae Mii costume?
Seems pointless to get the rights for a character just to add as a Mii Costume...but then again Rayman trophy...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think we could get Banjo, as there's no other character that could top the buzz Cloud recieved at this point but them. (IMO)
Um....

Rayman, Simon Belmont, Lara Croft, Snake(arguably), Bomberman, an Indie & Bayonetta (totally unexpected + controversial) say hi. IMO.

Also, Bayonetta would fit right in. But her games nor her are popular enough to make her anything but unlikely. Doesn't stop me from wanting, obvi, and it could happen.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Um....

Rayman, Simon Belmont, Lara Croft, Snake(arguably), Bomberman, an Indie & Bayonetta (totally unexpected + controversial) say hi. IMO.

Also, Bayonetta would fit right in. But her games nor her are popular enough to make her anything but unlikely. Doesn't stop me from wanting, obvi.

[/spoiler
Bayo is my most wanted third-party character actually.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
As far as DLC goes, I'd like an actual training mode, that takes you through the techniques from becoming a "casual" player to a conceptually cognizant "competitive" one. As much as Sakurai has done to attempt to bridge the gap, the only way to train, truly, is online.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And all the third-party Mii costumes from franchises that don't have a playable character in Smash, plus that Commander Video trophy.
Then again they're all from companies represented in Smash...

Virtua Fighter-SEGA
Tekken-Bandai-Namco
Symphonia-Bandai-Namco
Monster Hunter-CAPCOM

So they're a different case.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As far as DLC goes, I'd like an actual training mode, that takes you through the techniques from becoming a "casual" player to a conceptually cognizant "competitive" one. As much as Sakurai has done to attempt to bridge the gap, the only way to train, truly, is online.
Thing is, Sakurai doesn't care as much about competitive play to really provide such a mode...It has never gone any farther than the basic Training Mode we have and the beginner's tutorial that plays on the home screen...Another problem is patching...Sakurai and his team are constantly balancing the game, which in turn makes learning combos a fair bit harder since they always change as they update...especially since a lot of what competitive players are using are from glitches and exploits which would be more advanced tech than what we'd likely get from an in-game tutorial...

And all the third-party Mii costumes from franchises that don't have a playable character in Smash, plus that Commander Video trophy.
I was mainly referring to using a character from a company that isn't on board...characters like Lloyd Irving and Zero and such are owned by the companies who were already working on the game...(and forgot the Commander Video Trophy)...but so far for DLC (other than future Square content which we are getting Cloud as a fighter anyway) there hasn't been anything new added from a third party company that wasn't already involved with Smash....If Wayforward is getting involved they would push for more than jsut a mii Costume, especially if you consider how badly they want Shantae to be playable themselves...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's Smash bros guys... let's not pretend every company isn't throwing their characters at Sakurai. "Getting the rights" may involve some paperwork, but there are people trained for such purposes explicitly.

Perhaps everyone else has a different idea of what is possible and what isn't, but the ball seems to be in Nintendo's court (well, in Sakurai's hands) at all times.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
325th on a poll from knowyourmeme of all places means one of two things. Either it means Shantae is hillarioulsy unpopular because there are 325 people are ahead of her of knowyourmeme is not a trusted source. Im gonna go with both

The only thing that poll did was hurt your argument tremendously.
Knowyourmeme is not a trusted source, but Shantae is not hilariously unpopular because there are 325 people are ahead of her, Shantae is hilariously unpopular because there are 324 people are ahead of her.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You know what kind of character I'd like to see? Someone like Vega, a stance character was the term iirc
Hmm..
As in a character who's abilities alter depending on being in one of a few possible stances?
Hmm...
Like... Possibly.
Someone who had some sort of "supernatural" entities that he alternates from boosting his abilities, being expunged to do something massive, and then are are on a "cool down" until they could be applied as a boost again, like "Set"-ting them.
Hmm....
OH WAIT.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmm..
As in a character who's abilities alter depending on being in one of a few possible stances?
Hmm...
Like... Possibly.
Someone who had some sort of "supernatural" entities that he alternates from boosting his abilities, being expunged to do something massive, and then are are on a "cool down" until they could be applied as a boost again, like "Set"-ting them.
Hmm....
OH WAIT.
Isaac's not the kind of character I imagine that playstyle, but I don't care, I want Isaac so plebs can stop calling him Issac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom