• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stance change character huh?

how about 24 different stances? (and that is before putting the sequel in the mix)
Hell you even get the Square enix white and black mages out of it. (kind of)
*mumbles to self about loving the impossible*

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
There is only one!!
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh if only
Like... Maybe Meta Ridley...
But at this point I think he's stuck in the poor and terribly out-of-character role that nobody likes.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh if only
Like... Maybe Meta Ridley...
But at this point I think he's stuck in the poor and terribly out-of-character role that nobody likes.
I don't know anybody who hates him nessecarily...
It's more him being the butt of everyone's jokes.

I don't know anybody who hates him
Then you are definitely not a hardcore/longtime Ridley supporter.

I have been told to kill myself and Ridley detractors are some of the most venomous in the fanbase (not to say he Ridley fanbase is too much better . . .)

And if you were around for the 50 facts extravaganza you wold definitely know how much some people hate Ridley >_>

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

I have been told to kill myself and Ridley detractors are some of the most venomous in the fanbase (not to say he Ridley fanbase is too much better . . .)

And if you were around for the 50 facts extravaganza you wold definitely know how much some people hate Ridley >_>
Yo.
As a Ridley detractor.
There's plenty of flames on both sides, and all that was left was ashes.
My grounds against him being that Lanky-Ass Ridley would be friggin' awkward to work into a fighter and Sakurai wouldn't do it. Not that he, in terms of merits, is a bad choice.

Troykv

Smash Master

Oh goodness... The former Ridley thread...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I mean at the moment. Everyone just picks on him is all. I know there were actual people who hated him.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I mean at the moment. Everyone just picks on him is all. I know there were actual people who hated him.
Yeah you can't support Ridley without someone spouting memes at you these days, but it was sooooo much worse before

Like I'm pretty sure there was a tumblr that was just taking screenshots of the Ridley thread just so they could insult them without getting backlash for being a complete tosser

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah you can't support Ridley without someone spouting memes at you these days, but it was sooooo much worse before

Like I'm pretty sure there was a tumblr that was just taking screenshots of the Ridley thread just so they could insult them without getting backlash for being a complete tosser
This video just about sums up all the hate for him.
It's kinda painful to watch actually.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
This video just about sums up all the hate for him.
It's kinda painful to watch actually.
Apparently That's actually the guy that started this whole "Too Big" BS

Ugh, it gets even worse in the comments...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Apparently That's actually the guy that started this whole "Too Big" BS

Ugh, it gets even worse in the comments...
Oh, that's where it came from, I see how it could be memetic, I mean he does say, "Ridley's big as ****!" just about enough times for it to be a meme.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yo.
My grounds against him ...[were] Not that [Ridley], in terms of merits, is a bad choice.
No one could claim he does not merit a spot.

I mean, I think some people did claim that, but they failed. Every time.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what other SEGA, NAMCO, and CAPCOM characters do you think they could use? I'm putting my cards on Arle Nadja, Valkyrie, and Dantae respectively.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So what other SEGA, NAMCO, and CAPCOM characters do you think they could use? I'm putting my cards on Arle Nadja, Valkyrie, and Dantae respectively.
1) Phoenix Wright beats out Dantae any day. Iconicism, Nintendo-ism, impact, and DmC has PLUMMETED in popularity after Donte.
2) It's not Namco. It's Bandai-Namco.
Which includes Digimon.
So Agumon.
3) SEGA? Sure, you have Arle who never left Japan, NiGHTs who has 2 actual games...
But SEGA absorbed Atlus, creators of SMT. Which has already made its crossover with Fire Emblem.
And in fact, their mascot was the protagonist of one of the few world-wide Virtual Boy Games.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I saw people who wanted the guys from Federation Force in the game over Ridley.
Doesn't mean they think those guys merit inclusion moreso than Ridley. Just they they have decided against the character for whatever reason, as some (including Sakurai...so far... as far as we know) do.
The word echochamber demonstrates what we in this community perpetuate- such as on the debate of 'returning veterans.' By any general standard (series inclusion, unique gameplay, being first party) they should be the clear frontrunner for a returning veteran. However, we were given a statement about them during a particular point in development, and we take that as an end all to the very possibility. Regardless of any other facts, as if that moment in time (which, did turn out to reflect the reality of the in game roster) lives in a continuum which has not changed in development akin to all other changes.

...in other words (is that the tl;dr), I'm peeved the Smash community goes silent over matters they perceive as being handled, regardless of personal desire, even when personal opinion drives every damned statement each individual seems to make.
If we don't get the Ice Climbers back, I honestly believe it is equally akin to smashers going silent on the matter.
(Not really... but I don't believe it helps).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
1) Phoenix Wright beats out Dantae any day. Iconicism, Nintendo-ism, impact, and DmC has PLUMMETED in popularity after Donte.
Which includes Digimon.
So Agumon.
3) SEGA? Sure, you have Arle who never left Japan, NiGHTs who has 2 actual games...
But SEGA absorbed Atlus, creators of SMT. Which has already made its crossover with Fire Emblem.
And in fact, their mascot was the protagonist of one of the few world-wide Virtual Boy Games.
Pheonix and Dante are both iconic, but when it comes to being overall well known, Pheonix takes the cake. I forgot to add Bandai to Namco, sorry about that. :p Augomon vs. Pikachu would be pretty unbelievable actually, fanboys would go crazy over a fight like that. Jack would be the best SEGA character, or ATLUS. Much like Ryu he's from a subsidiary, so yeah, he'd fit well. Also I chose Dante because I'd love this to be slapped on the cover.
And it'd fit because Jack Frost. Anyways I forgot about Square. If anyone, I'd say Lara Croft.

D

Deleted member

Arle and Valkyrie are possible, but unlikely since they aren't very well known outside of Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if they get Mii costumes, though.

None of Dante's main games were ever on a Nintendo systems, so- :4cloud: Never mind. Anyway, I'm not sure if Dante is iconic enough. Again, I think a Mii costume is more likely.

Almost everyone else seems like Mii costume material to me. Considering that Akira and Heihachi were already given that treatment, I doubt we'll get another Capcom, Namco, or SEGA character aside from someone else from the Sonic universe, but who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Arle and Valkyrie are possible, but unlikely since they aren't very well known outside of Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if they get Mii costumes, though.

None of Dante's main games were never on a Nintendo systems, so- :4cloud: Never mind. Anyway, I'm not sure if Dante is iconic enough. Again, I think a Mii costume is more likely.

Almost everyone else seems like Mii costume material to me. Considering that Akira and Heihachi were already given that treatment, I doubt we'll get another Capcom, Namco, or SEGA character aside from someone else from the Sonic universe, but who knows?
Dante is iconic, the Devil May Cry games defined the hack n' slash genera, however Pheonix is the more likely one imo.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Which includes Digimon.
So Agumon.
Which brings me to my inner most wanted character.
The Red Ranger.
And that is impossible.
But he is my Goku.

I honestly have no idea is this character, yet, as my first system, I truly thought I had majority of the VB games.
THIS IS THE MOST HYPE I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD
since I discovered Wuhu Island was an onomatopoeia.

...can we take a moment to honor Virtual Boy? It was a remarkable system both ahead of its time and behind current trends.
Not only was the system, which deserves far more praise than most give it, AMAZING; the games were some of the first of its kind. I wish we could get a new Mario Clash, that game was my God. But it also gave us the start of things such as Mario Tennis- which was just Tennis with Mario characters (DK JR!!), and boy... was it greater than even my five year old imagination.

This post is for you, VB. And many more to come.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which brings me to my most wanted character.
The Red Ranger.
And that is impossible.
But he is my Goku.

I honestly have no idea is this character, yet, as my first system, I truly thought I had majority of the VB games.
THIS IS THE MOST HYPE I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD
since I discovered Wuhu Island was an onomatopoeia.

...can we take a moment to honor Virtual Boy? It was a remarkable system both ahead of its time and behind current trends.
Not only was the system, which deserves far more praise than most give it, AMAZING; the games were some of the first of its kind. I wish we could get a new Mario Clash, that game was my God. But it also gave us the start of things such as Mario Tennis- which was just Tennis with Mario characters (DK JR!!), and boy... was it greater than even my five year old imagination.

This post is for you, VB. And many more to come.
There's more than one Red Ranger expy among games. Axem Red, for instance. I honestly would love some Sentai-themed costumes. Red for Swordfighter. Yellow for Brawler(the Yellow one tends to be the most fearsome fighter in the series. Or more about martial arts.) And finally, Blue for Gunner, mostly cause sometimes the Blue one has a projectile weapon. Pink is another option, using a Bow or Crossbow.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Doesn't mean they think those guys merit inclusion moreso than Ridley. Just they they have decided against the character for whatever reason, as some (including Sakurai...so far... as far as we know) do.
The word echochamber demonstrates what we in this community perpetuate- such as on the debate of 'returning veterans.' By any general standard (series inclusion, unique gameplay, being first party) they should be the clear frontrunner for a returning veteran. However, we were given a statement about them during a particular point in development, and we take that as an end all to the very possibility. Regardless of any other facts, as if that moment in time (which, did turn out to reflect the reality of the in game roster) lives in a continuum which has not changed in development akin to all other changes.

...in other words (is that the tl;dr), I'm peeved the Smash community goes silent over matters they perceive as being handled, regardless of personal desire, even when personal opinion drives every damned statement each individual seems to make.
If we don't get the Ice Climbers back, I honestly believe it is equally akin to smashers going silent on the matter.
(Not really... but I don't believe it helps).
Yeah man... No. You weren't there. One of the guys exact words were, "F Ridley. I'd rather see the black guy or the guys from Federation Force over that *insert a word that starts with c*."

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Eh, it's likely the Federation Force marines could get in as Mii Gunner costumes anyway, so whatever, really.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There's more than one Red Ranger expy among games. Axem Red, for instance. I honestly would love some Sentai-themed costumes. Red for Swordfighter. Yellow for Brawler(the Yellow one tends to be the most fearsome fighter in the series. Or more about martial arts.) And finally, Blue for Gunner, mostly cause sometimes the Blue one has a projectile weapon. Pink is another option, using a Bow or Crossbow.
...are we actually having a Power Ranger as a character in Smash Option?

I mean it wont happen...

but can we all just suspend our disbelief...

just for a moment...

and Believe!

(But **** yes it would be Jason. Glory to all the beautiful 18 year old martial artist. If you've seen the show since you were a kid, you may forget how attractive is his body. And how 90s sexy is his face. *yummy.)

And on the real note, I'd actually love it if Sakurai added Agumon. Digimon is comparable to Pokemon in numerous ways, and I'd love to see it's mascot be able to take on the rest of the crowd. Some may not like it, but no one could say it isnt a new epic match up (and Pikachu deserves some new. Unlike Mario and Link, he never got a clone, his partner (Trainer) was cut.

How would Agumon work for you guys?
For me- he would have to continue to Digivolve into WarGreymon (each Digivolution triggered by a meter at the bottom... which could relate to anything. Time, hits on an opponent, damage taken, etc). Then when he dies, he returns as Agumon (yes... no baby form here... unless that was his screen opening. Actually...Agumon digivolving from Puyomon (?) would be a great stage entrance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...are we actually having a Power Ranger as a character in Smash Option?

I mean it wont happen...

but can we all just suspend our disbelief...

just for a moment...

and Believe!

(But **** yes it would be Jason. Glory to all the beautiful 18 year old martial artist. If you've seen the show since you were a kid, you may forget how attractive is his body. And how 90s sexy is his face. *yummy.)

And on the real note, I'd actually love it if Sakurai added Agumon. Digimon is comparable to Pokemon in numerous ways, and I'd love to see it's mascot be able to take on the rest of the crowd. Some may not like it, but no one could say it isnt a new epic match up (and Pikachu deserves some new. Unlike Mario and Link, he never got a clone, his partner (Trainer) was cut.

How would Agumon work for you guys?
For me- he would have to continue to Digivolve into WarGreymon (each Digivolution triggered by a meter at the bottom... which could relate to anything. Time, hits on an opponent, damage taken, etc). Then when he dies, he returns as Agumon (yes... no baby form here... unless that was his screen opening. Actually...Agumon digivolving from Puyomon (?) would be a great stage entrance.
Sentai themed costumes are more of a possibility. Keep in mind this is common in tons of games. Animal Crossing, Triforce Heroes, most games with random fun costumes. It's in the same league as the Bear costume. Just silly.

I've watched every Power Rangers season, even the Season 1 remake. I get ya. :awesome: Although my favorite would be the White Ranger as a choice.

Also, Agumon's problem is that he has transformations as his most important gimmick(Digivolutions), and that might not work on the 3DS. He's otherwise an awesome choice, imo. He's more than iconic enough, is one of the few Bandai specific characters who are viable, and as noted, the war between Pokemon and Digimon would be fun. Also, his pre-digivolutions are Botamon and Koromon in that order. That's applied to both mainline Agumons(Savers and Adventure).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sentai themed costumes are more of a possibility. Keep in mind this is common in tons of games. Animal Crossing, Triforce Heroes, most games with random fun costumes. It's in the same league as the Bear costume. Just silly.

I've watched every Power Rangers season, even the Season 1 remake. I get ya. :awesome: Although my favorite would be the White Ranger as a choice.
Jason with the armor... is where it was at.
It's hard for me to like Tommy... in and out of character... just such a douche.
But he is the face of the rangers, all in all.

Also, Agumon's problem is that he has transformations as his most important gimmick(Digivolutions), and that might not work on the 3DS. He's otherwise an awesome choice, imo. He's more than iconic enough, is one of the few Bandai specific characters who are viable, and as noted, the war between Pokemon and Digimobn would be fun. Also, his pre-digivolutions are Botamon and Koromon in that order. That's applied to both mainline Agumons(Savers and Adventure).
I don't view Agumon's tranformations in the same vein as the others. If it took him a couple of frames to permanently switch character once (well, up to twice) each life he has, as WarGreymon would be a FS probably... then it is not back and forth. It is not back and forth, and does not even need to be speedy. It could handle however it handles.

Hey.
Hey.
Get Jack Frost in the game
Atlus will give you
Neo Featherman R costumes

Power Rangers and Virtual Boy in one fell swoop.
These were the ingredients chosen to make the perfectly happy Duke.
...but professor sakurai accidentally added in... FE character 6.

And thus, the dream of harmony died.

Last edited:
Yeah man... No. You weren't there. One of the guys exact words were, "F Ridley. I'd rather see the black guy or the guys from Federation Force over that *insert a word that starts with c*."
Oh that must be Diddy Kong. . he can be a bit. . odd at times.

Aren't Dante's twin pistols another super iconic part of him? I know he has plenty of other moveset potential (UMVC3 made that obvious) but then we look at cahracters being true to their source material and all that. . .

Not that it matters because Phoenix is the Wright choice for another Capcom character. :awesome:(not that we work in reps)
with Edgeworth as an alt dammit

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If Elma from Xenoblade X were to get in I'd imagine her Tagline to be something like

ELMA
CROSSES THE LINE

Get cause the "X" for us means "Cross" for Japan and that's also the default name for the Main Character
Also word of warning do not google her
Not because of any +18 stuff, but there are spoilers up the wasoo

Last edited:
Wait we're talking Sentai characters?

Cmon. there is a first party option. And he is a badass. And he has uber moveset potential. And he has an awesome theme song. And no one else should be in front of him because bias

this is the part where im told he isnt sentai or something
and that is ignoring Capcom's dude

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
You know, I'm kind of expecting a Ridley mii costume. That would be pretty cool, but that would probably torture a lot of Ridley fans out there.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
You know, I'm kind of expecting a Ridley mii costume. That would be pretty cool, but that would probably torture a lot of Ridley fans out there.
Honestly I kinda want one cause It would feel waaaaaaaaaaaay more in character than the Stage Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom