• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Predictions for the supposed Smash direct on December.
:4cloud:'s release date
:wolf:'s announcement and release date
K.rool/Shovel Knight's announcement

Mii costumes

New stages and music

A compilation of Smash 4 and the hype train finally stops.
GG Sakurai

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Mii costumes

New stages and music

GG Sakurai
Why? He has little to no chance at this point, or do you honestly expect them to add an obscure third-party character with lno real gaming history?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Mii costumes

New stages and music

GG Sakurai
That rumor was debunk already...

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Why? He has little to no chance at this point, or do you honestly expect them to add an obscure third-party character with lno real gaming history?
That rumor was debunk already...
Not really sure why I chose Shovel Knight, I don't want him.
But with the amount of votes he has, I wouldn't be surprised if was in.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
Time to make a BS conspiracy...

Does anybody think the ballot was made so Nintendo could produce more Amiibo?
Allow me to humor you. Considering how subpar amiibo functionality in this game is at best, WAIT, if Nintendo wanted more money, they should just restock those Fire Emblem fighter amiibo that people want to use for Fire Emblem: Fates!
:4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud:Never thought I'd see the day!!!
Next up is Goku!
His transformations would make a revolutionary gimmick, no joke, with the proper power-scaling to avoid Goku being broken.
With that logic, a lot of better characters fit that criteria.

:4miisword:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
His popularity actually massively declined after the first two months (or less) of the ballot.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
His popularity actually massively declined after the first two months (or less) of the ballot.
So I guess he getting more hate than support now? Damn, not like I wanted him anyways but there is a certain blue hedgehog that's going through the same thing. He's already in the game though

Ikenna Ikenna It was really nothing more than a prediction coming from a random Smash fan. It's just that with the amiibo coming out soon and with the amount of support from Nintendo and fans he's gotten, I thought he stood a chance, I guess not anymore.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So I guess he getting more hate than support now? Damn, not like I wanted him anyways but there is a certain blue hedgehog that's going through the same thing. He's already in the game though

Ikenna Ikenna It was really nothing more than a prediction coming from a random Smash fan. It's just that with the amiibo coming out soon and with the amount of support from Nintendo and fans he's gotten, I thought he stood a chance, I guess not anymore.
The difference is that Butt-Butt went in the cycle of 2 years across gaming. Not over 2 decades of history.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
I didn't really care about Shovel Knight, but then I listened to the game's soundtrack again.

I want him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Burruni

Smash Hero
Listen.

As a fighter BM brings more to the table.

And he better shows up the Nintendo side of FF.

But it ain't happening.

I've accepted it.

Please stop bringing it up.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm guessing somewhere between three to five characters are left.

-Wolf (no reason not to bring him back at this point)
-Dixie Kong or K. Rool (we don't know what the intentions behind the K. Rool costume were, though K. Rool seems to be the most popular ballot choice worldwide)
-Inkling (we don't know if Splatoon's current popularity will last; if they're going to include the Inkling, now seems like the best time)
-maybe Snake (like Wolf, he's a unique and popular veteran who isn't hindered by system limitations; the problem is that we don't know exactly why he was excluded from the base game, or specifically, whether Nintendo or Konami is at fault (it's almost definitely not Kojima and Sakurai as individuals))
-maybe another newcomer (as Cloud and Ryu have shown, people get excited by something that they don't expect; Wolf, a Donkey Kong character, and Inkling would be absolutely fantastic, but everyone is expecting them)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

-Dixie Kong or K. Rool (we don't know what the intentions behind the K. Rool costume were, though K. Rool seems to be the most popular ballot choice worldwide)
-Inkling (we don't know if Splatoon's current popularity will last; if they're going to include the Inkling, now seems like the best time)
-maybe Snake (like Wolf, he's a unique and popular veteran who isn't hindered by system limitations; the problem is that we don't know exactly why he was excluded from the base game, or specifically, whether Nintendo or Konami is at fault (it's almost definitely not Kojima and Sakurai as individuals))
-maybe another newcomer (as Cloud and Ryu have shown, people get excited by something that they don't expect; Wolf, a Donkey Kong character, and Inkling would be absolutely fantastic, but everyone is expecting them)
Ahem, I THINK YOU'RE FORGETTING SOMEONE!!!

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Yeah, so I think a good night's rest has helped me get over it, pretty much. I'm choosing to see Cloud as more of a celebration of the series, as the series' poster boy. Yes, I would have preferred the Black Mage, but I'm gonna at least hold out for a Mii Gunner costume of that. I'm hoping the next Costume wave will include more FF costumes than just the Chocobo...

I kind of doubt this'll happen, but if they just make an alt of Cloud have red clothing and red hair, that would be really great. Along with some older FF themes, such as the original battle theme. (A lot less likely, since it'll probably all be FF7 music... :cry:)

Ahem, I THINK YOU'RE FORGETTING SOMEONE!!!
I know! How could they forget Isaac? :smirk:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Listen... I am really doubtful on our DLC at this point.

:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud: is where we stand.

At the direct, I'm betting :4cloud: ready to play :wolf: unveiled ready. And ONE Ballot character in production to close things off, with basically all signs pointing to K. Rool.

I mean.. I previously had :wolf:, K. Rool, Isaac, B. Dee, and MAYBE one extra character (Inklings, Dixie, Paper Mario, or a surprise pull).

But... considering that we got friggin timesink :4cloud:, (edit: and that December's going to be the last direct for Smash 4) I just can't expect anything more now. Nor can I state a hope for any of my top 10 to be amongst our roster until after I'm out of college and struggling with work with Smash 5.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I honestly always thought that if we every got a FF character, it'd be a Chocabo. Guess I was wrong... Or not.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash

In your opinion, yes. It seemed like you were speaking for everyone there. From your list, I'd be most down for Snake. I want to see that F-air return. Uzumaki Barrage...

Burruni

Smash Hero
How well received were Shovel Knight and Shantae in Japan anyway? I'd love to see any Indie game being represented.
Japan as a whole doesn't really know who Shovel Knight is BECAUSE HE GAME HASN'T COME OUT YET. It's like asking people before Melee who :marthmelee: was.

Shantae got Physical Copies of at LEAST Pirate's Curse (unsure about Risky's Revenge) in Japan and I believe she's gotten fairly popular since.

Edit: Those physical copies go out on the 19th of the month. I just remember there being hype. Not sure how well it reflects to actual demand, though.

Last edited:

Kealmir

Smash Cadet
Japan as a whole doesn't really know who Shovel Knight is BECAUSE HE GAME HASN'T COME OUT YET. It's like asking people before Melee who :marthmelee: was.

Shantae got Physical Copies of at LEAST Pirate's Curse (unsure about Risky's Revenge) in Japan and I believe she's gotten fairly popular since.
Yeah I just checked their Blog, seems they have issues with size of the text boxes for foreign languages, I think Japanese would fit better anyway though, it's generally more compact as a language when it comes to games.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Edit: Those physical copies go out on the 19th of the month. I just remember there being hype. Not sure how well it reflects to actual demand, though.
Actually I believe Shantae's first game got a limited run in Japan, which was published by CAPCOM. It was an enormous commercial flop though. Risky's Revenge is the only one that has yet to be released in Japan I believe. All her games have been well received in Japan, all two of them!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually I believe Shantae's first game got a limited run in Japan, which was published by CAPCOM. It was an enormous commercial flop though. Risky's Revenge is the only one that has yet to be released in Japan I believe. All her games have been well received in Japan, all two of them!
I mean.
More than Butt-Butt.
And she's got a clear BIG game on the horizon.
One of a number of reasons I feel like she really outclasses him as a candidate but that's for another time.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean.
More than Butt-Butt.
And she's got a clear BIG game on the horizon.
One of a number of reasons I feel like she really outclasses him as a candidate but that's for another time.
Well that and she's been around for thirteen years!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well that and she's been around for thirteen years!
Been around since the twilight months of the GBC.
One of the few remarkable titles of the DSi era Eshop.
A more long-running company.
Has more games under her belt.
Has a big game on the horizon.
Personally has a more interesting pool of abilities and items to make a moveset out of.
Has japanese releases.

I'm biased for Shantae.

Edit: Her first 3 games never were available on a direct competitor's console.
None of her games will have exclusive content for competitors.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wolf, K. Rool and Banjo and Kazooie would generate a hype supernova.
Is Limit Break a Final Fantasy 7-exclusive attack?
If so, it's sad to see that Cloud might only "rep" his own instead of being Final Fantasy the character.
Eh... I dont see Ryu using Electric attacks, or stretching his arms across the stage. He fights as he would in his games...
this doesnt mean he doesnt rep the Street Fighter series in its entirety.

Why is Cloud any different?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Been around since the twilight months of the GBC.
One of the few remarkable titles of the DSi era Eshop.
A more long-running company.
Has more games under her belt.
Has a big game on the horizon.
Personally has a more interesting pool of abilities and items to make a moveset out of.
Has japanese releases.

I'm biased for Shantae.

Edit: Her first 3 games never were available on a direct competitor's console.
None of her games will have exclusive content for competitors.
Also she actually appeared in a Nintendo game once,
This was actually made by Matt Bozon himself and put up for download officially by Nintendo.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also she actually appeared in a Nintendo game once,
This was actually made by Matt Bozon himself and put up for download officially by Nintendo.
That's... actually kinda hilarious.
Because that's done emulating the GBC era Shantae . Hell, possibly even the canceled GBA Shantae Advance...
But that's clearly usage of the Monkey Bullet, an ability that was put into Shantae: Risky's Revenge... which would come after this game, supposedly.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's... actually kinda hilarious.
Because that's done emulating the GBC era Shantae . Hell, possibly even the canceled GBA Shantae Advance...
But that's clearly usage of the Monkey Bullet, an ability that was put into Shantae: Risky's Revenge... which would come after this game, supposedly.
Well that's funny, maybe it could've been a teaser?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
FIRST WAVE
Gunner: Lucas
Brawler: Ryu
Swordsman: Roy

SECOND WAVE

Gunner: Inkling
Brawler: Wolf or Dixie
Swordsman: Cloud

Last edited:
Status